TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

Hey I am running an Australian Community for arma 3 and we love your mod, but we are relatively small at the moment so 2 man crewing a F-18 F is a bit annoying, is there anyway to add the RAAF skin to the F-18 E, so we can have 2 hornets up in the air.. instead of one. I know its not realistic but its piratical. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Hey I am running an Australian Community for arma 3 and we love your mod, but we are relatively small at the moment so 2 man crewing a F-18 F is a bit annoying, is there anyway to add the RAAF skin to the F-18 E, so we can have 2 hornets up in the air.. instead of one. I know its not realistic but its piratical. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

place in the init of the F/A 18E

this setObjectTextureGlobal [0,"\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18f_hull_raaf_generic_co.paa"];

place in the init of the F/A 18E

this setObjectTextureGlobal [0,"\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18f_hull_raaf_generic_co.paa"];

Thanks! Would be cool to have it in the Arming menu but regardless.. Thank you :)

Is there any news/word about the new carrier yet? if you had a facebook fan group i would be in it as the 18 is my abosolute fave and the nimitz does n't like the wasp, oh and lets add to your work load :) a opfor carrier to so i can place both on the oceanic terrain(well sea) and play with my seamen

give them some time there allways come up with something good so just hang in there for a little bit longer

Is it just me or has the latest update broken the SU-35 again? I get a 'no entry config stabilize message'

Getting a common script error appearing on our dedicated.

13:21:04 Error in expression <s select 0;while {(alive _FA18) and (FA18_FUEL_CONTROL)} do {if ((player ==>
13:21:04   Error position: <FA18_FUEL_CONTROL)} do {if ((player ==>
13:21:04   Error Undefined variable in expression: fa18_fuel_control
13:21:04 File js_jc_fa18\scripts\FUEL_CONTROL\FA18_fuel_hud_update.sqf, line 16

Subsequent errors

13:50:25 Error in expression <NTROL\FA18_fuel_init.sqf" If (!FA18_FUEL_CONTROL) ExitWith {};private >
13:50:25   Error position: <FA18_FUEL_CONTROL) ExitWith {};private >
13:50:25   Error Undefined variable in expression: fa18_fuel_control
13:50:25 File js_jc_fa18\scripts\FUEL_CONTROL\FA18_fuel_init.sqf, line 10
13:50:25 Error in expression <TROL\FA18_fuel_usage.sqf"If (!FA18_FUEL_CONTROL) ExitWith {};private >
13:50:25 File js_jc_fa18\scripts\FUEL_CONTROL\FA18_fuel_usage.sqf, line 10
13:50:26 Error in expression <s select 0;while {(alive _FA18) and (FA18_FUEL_CONTROL)} do {if ((player ==>
13:50:26   Error position: <FA18_FUEL_CONTROL)} do {if ((player ==>
13:50:26   Error Undefined variable in expression: fa18_fuel_control
13:50:26 File js_jc_fa18\scripts\FUEL_CONTROL\FA18_fuel_hud_update.sqf, line 16

Edited by serjames

i have problem with ejection sit my game is updated to 1.36 when i download the latest version of f-18 i have noticed that ejection is not working only canopy is removed and when i press eject on the ground the same thing but when i press get out it ejects me !

i have problem with ejection sit my game is updated to 1.36 when i download the latest version of f-18 i have noticed that ejection is not working only canopy is removed and when i press eject on the ground the same thing but when i press get out it ejects me !

Fixed update 1.38 fixed all my problems ! ;)

Anyone else seeing this ?

Getting a common script error appearing on our dedicated.

13:21:04 Error in expression <s select 0;while {(alive _FA18) and (FA18_FUEL_CONTROL)} do {if ((player ==>
13:21:04   Error position: <FA18_FUEL_CONTROL)} do {if ((player ==>
13:21:04   Error Undefined variable in expression: fa18_fuel_control
13:21:04 File js_jc_fa18\scripts\FUEL_CONTROL\FA18_fuel_hud_update.sqf, line 16

Subsequent errors

13:50:25 Error in expression <NTROL\FA18_fuel_init.sqf" If (!FA18_FUEL_CONTROL) ExitWith {};private >
13:50:25 File js_jc_fa18\scripts\FUEL_CONTROL\FA18_fuel_init.sqf, line 10
13:50:25 Error in expression <TROL\FA18_fuel_usage.sqf"If (!FA18_FUEL_CONTROL) ExitWith {};private >
13:50:25 File js_jc_fa18\scripts\FUEL_CONTROL\FA18_fuel_usage.sqf, line 10
13:50:26 Error in expression <s select 0;while {(alive _FA18) and (FA18_FUEL_CONTROL)} do {if ((player ==>
13:50:26   Error position: <FA18_FUEL_CONTROL)} do {if ((player ==>
13:50:26   Error Undefined variable in expression: fa18_fuel_control
13:50:26 File js_jc_fa18\scripts\FUEL_CONTROL\FA18_fuel_hud_update.sqf, line 16

Hi,

I've had a look back in the thread but couldn't find info for the Su-35 init for setting the Russian skins. Please can someone tell me what they are?

Thanks

@All - we have new set of updates available for F/A-18's and Su35 mods. These updates are mainly covering some small code optimization/fixes and add a full ARMA 3 version 1.38 [sTABLE] compatibility.

F/A-18 E/F SUPER HORNET mod VERSION 1.9

Change log:

- code optimization and fixes

- vanilla ARMA 3 version 1.38 compatibility

SU-35 Flanker E mod VERSION 1.4

Change log:

- code optimization and fixes

- vanilla ARMA 3 version 1.38 compatibility

These updates soon will be available on ARMAHOLIC. We also ended up deleting existing F/A18 and SU35 steam workshop treads due some technical problems. We apologize for inconvenience. Links below are the new steam workshop download links for these mods.

F/A-18 Super Hornet pack on steam workshop

F/A-18 Super Hornet Paint Schemes pack on steam workshop

SU35 Flanker E on steam workshop

Also I recently discovered some cool video I would like to share with you - really awesome video work here!

[video created by IIN8II]

@Markh - see the "pilots manual" in game to get more information about built in module. With the included module you can set up your mission with Su35 at start-up using any of 4 skins and any load out.

Edited by John_Spartan

working on an old school rts from ofp /arma1 cant wait to add these to my upgrades... thanks for sharing your work

Thank you very much for informing about the updated release of the F/A-18 Super Hornet! :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Also many thanks for sending the newest Su-35S Flanker release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (John_Spartan) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

@Saul & John_Spartan

As a pedantic person :P I have a one suggestion for consitency, can you improve designation codes for your awesome planes? I mean Flanker-E is wrongly written (at least was, don't know if it was allready fixed) as Su35, should be Su-35S Flanker-E, while F/A-18's should have designation without space, which is F/A-18E or F/A-18F instead of F/A-18 E or F/A-18 F, purely cosmetic, but I have an eye for such details. ;)

Either way keep up the great work gentlemen!

How exactly do the weapons work? I am using this with DUWS and nothing locks. I get the green boxes on the HUD but pressing LOCK is a pointless and disappointing thing.

I've found the SU-35 to be better and smoother after the update in our dedicated server but the mirrors flicker on and off regardless of setting (standard or low).

They don't do this testing in Editor though.

Hey,

Is it normal that if i spawn the F/A-18 through zeus some functions become broken?

Am i missing something?

Hey,

Is it normal that if i spawn the F/A-18 through zeus some functions become broken?

Am i missing something?

If you spawn in a unit with zeus and use that unit to fly the plane then certain functions will be limited yes (which has nothing to do with the mod btw, it's a zeus thing) but not if you use your player/playable unit you created in the editor. If that's not what causes the problem then I can't help you.

If you spawn in a unit with zeus and use that unit to fly the plane then certain functions will be limited yes (which has nothing to do with the mod btw, it's a zeus thing) but not if you use your player/playable unit you created in the editor. If that's not what causes the problem then I can't help you.

I see, thank you! :)

Is it possible the air to air refueling will be USAF mod compatible.

It does work with the KC-135. It also works with the new version of the C-130 Variants (Tanker version).

I have a question for Saul and John Spartan, do you guys plan to add more ordnance such as GBU-10s, CBUs, Mk82s, and rocket pods perhaps? The 500 pound bombs (GBU-12s and 38s) also do not have a splash radius difference compared to the 2000 pounders (GBU-31s). I was curious as to if editing the parameters of the different bombs had come up as something to work on for a future update.