TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

I was wondering are there any plans to add something like the JHMCS system to both these planes and the Black Wasp variant?

Hi! Lovely mod, got me into taking an interest in flying in Arma. I would like to ask one thing though, how would I change the paint scheme on an AI plane? For example, the SU35 has a Russian Federation camo that suits my mission, but the AI doesn't know how to use the service menu :D Is there a script I can put into the init so that the plane spawns with the camo I would like for the AI units?

Hi! Lovely mod, got me into taking an interest in flying in Arma. I would like to ask one thing though, how would I change the paint scheme on an AI plane? For example, the SU35 has a Russian Federation camo that suits my mission, but the AI doesn't know how to use the service menu :D Is there a script I can put into the init so that the plane spawns with the camo I would like for the AI units?

Below is directly copied from the PDF user guide provided on the main site. But this refers to the FA18, not the SU35. The PDF for the SU35 does not provide the information, but im pretty sure it is very close. :)

US NAVY E MODEL

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18e_hull_vfa14cag_co.paa"];

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18e_hull_vfa14low_co.paa"];

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18e_hull_vfa27cag_co.paa"];

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18e_hull_vfa27low_co.paa"];

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18e_hull_vfa31cag_co.paa"];

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18e_hull_vfa31low_co.paa"];

US NAVY F MODEL

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18f_hull_vfa41cag_co.paa"];

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18f_hull_vfa41low_co.paa"];

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18f_hull_vfa103cag_co.paa"];

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18f_hull_vfa103low_co.paa"];

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18f_hull_vfa154cag_co.paa"];

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18f_hull_vfa154low_co.paa"];

USMC E MODEL

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18e_hull_vmfa232cag_co.paa"];

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18e_hull_vmfa232low_co.paa"];

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18e_hull_vmfa314cag_co.paa"];

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18e_hull_vmfa314low_co.paa"];

USMC F MODEL

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18f_hull_vmfa225cag_co.paa"];

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18f_hull_vmfa225low_co.paa"];

RAAF F Model

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18f_hull_raaf_generic_co.paa"];

Edited by Daxius

In fact the SU-35 is the easiest of them to change. there's a module Saul and Spartan included with it that allows you to pick and choose paint schemes and loadouts. Wanna say its in the object modifier section. Just change the boxes to what you want and link it to an aircraft.

In fact the SU-35 is the easiest of them to change. there's a module Saul and Spartan included with it that allows you to pick and choose paint schemes and loadouts. Wanna say its in the object modifier section. Just change the boxes to what you want and link it to an aircraft.

Thank you! Got it to work!

BTW John_Spartan, this is what geraldbolso1899 is talking about...

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip569.jpg

For some reason Fraps didn't take the HUD shot of the Super to show the difference, but for trapping on a full deck (or even a small amount of objects) the smaller boxes would be a good idea.

Edited by EricJ

These beauties deserves so much a proper carrier to make them land, refuel, feel the love and take off again !!

I have a dream, and that dream is called "Navy & Naval Warfare in Arma 3"...

These beauties deserves so much a proper carrier to make them land, refuel, feel the love and take off again !!

I have a dream, and that dream is called "Navy & Naval Warfare in Arma 3"...

John Spartan and Saul are working on a carrier of their own to complement the F/A-18X, but I'm sure if it comes it will be compatible with the regular Superhornet aswell. I've really liked the idea of more detailled naval warfare in Arma aswell. Like an LHC or Carrier which servers as a starting point for operations and a command center. And ofcouirse armed with all the weaponary of modern day naval warfare.

Thank you very much for sending us the updated release! :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (John_Spartan) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

A suggestion. F-23 Widow? I know it lost to the F-22, but I was doing research on it, and it appears it's far more cost effective, and combat effective too. They even have a declassified documentary of it out now. Also, the way that beast looks would fit that 2035 look perfectly. Just a suggestion though, don't think on it too hard.

BTW John_Spartan, this is what geraldbolso1899 is talking about...

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip569.jpg

For some reason Fraps didn't take the HUD shot of the Super to show the difference, but for trapping on a full deck (or even a small amount of objects) the smaller boxes would be a good idea.

Actually what i suggested (already through PM to John) is that when in master arms safe, the boxes wouldn't appear at all. But yes, smaller boxes could be more useful.

Edited by geraldbolso1899

Maybe when MANW is over you might consider forking your excellent rearm/reskin interface into a separate addon that can support the vanilla aircraft and any 3rd party addon that provides required config entries. I think such mechanics should preferably be applied consistently across the game rather than limited to one or two boutique aircraft (and/or each one has their own different way).

John Spartan and Saul are working on a carrier of their own to complement the F/A-18X, but I'm sure if it comes it will be compatible with the regular Superhornet aswell. I've really liked the idea of more detailled naval warfare in Arma aswell. Like an LHC or Carrier which servers as a starting point for operations and a command center. And ofcouirse armed with all the weaponary of modern day naval warfare.

Wow, thanks for the info !! I really look forward for it, as well as another (much more complicated) project I heard about: possibility to navigate from a map to another, just with a loading screen when you are "crossing" the end of the maps. And this is not just a dream, this is something just happening these days: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27261

Now think about you on a carrier or a LHC doing a deployment with your unit, from Kavala docks to Chernarus or some (added) shores of Takistan (which don't actually have docks and this sucks :P)...

Maybe when MANW is over you might consider forking your excellent rearm/reskin interface into a separate addon that can support the vanilla aircraft and any 3rd party addon that provides required config entries.

That would improve the flight experience with vanilla aircraft a lot !!! I quote !!

Hi,

I just noticed that there is no input delay in these F18's. In every other BIS-vehicle and some other mod aircrafts is a very anoying delay between your keyboard-input and the game reaction. But this input delay is something that is calculated dependent on the simulation time. So you can use setacctime to lower the speed of the game. Then you just have to take a look at the ingame-joystick and how he reacts to your input. BIS aircrafts have a huge delay, but the F18 of this mod does not have this delay, which is a great thing.

So I would like to ask you if you changed something to get rid of this input delay, and that you may tell BIS what you did, so they could do the same.

Hey, my server got mad desync and everyone lagged like hell when the SU-35 and F-18 was dogfighting. We were about 15 players on, and had to pause the mission for a while.

Will provide more info later but this is what I got right now.

Thanks for some solid planes tho ;)

this maybe a stupid question but how can i use the Flanker's service menu?i placed an aircraft in the airfield in editor mode but when i scrolled down the menu,the service menu option is not there :(

this maybe a stupid question but how can i use the Flanker's service menu?i placed an aircraft in the airfield in editor mode but when i scrolled down the menu,the service menu option is not there :(

Place the Flanker near a bunker/hangar or place a HEMMT or other truck (logistics/service) near the jet and bamf - Service Menu is available!

- F version of F/A-18's is is still WIP especially when it comes to WSO seat. We have a concept which will be introduced latter on with our new project and then "back ported" to F model as well. Till that few small issues like the - artillery computer action and few GPS/INS locking problems will be something we have to deal with till next update.

- Track IR support and DELIBERATLEY limited FOV is fully dependant on our config, there is no engine limitations on this matter. We had discussion about this in much earlier stage of development and this is how we agreed together on this subject. Reason why this small restriction is implemented is to avoid weird game engine bug where you turn the head and can see inside the neck [model of pilot] what is unnatural, and also since there is no interaction in cockpit such decision was agreed as you lads proposed.

Hi John,

The pilots of my Arma 3 gaming group are excited about the F's Pilot/WSO implementation. We are in the midst of testing the mod and ran into some problems with dropping the GBU-38 from the F model. After the pilot has designated the GPS-INS target, the WSO is unable to "target" the set location using the "T" or "Tab" keys. Hence the WSO was unable to lock the target and release. This appeared to be an intermittent problem, as our earlier flights had no issues.

Could you advise the proper procedures for the F's pilot/WSO to follow for a successful release of the GBU-38 please?

Thank you!

Zap

@All, ok we are getting back to all this after a "holiday" and our busy RL schedule. All our releases were affected till certain stage with the 1.36 patch. We are aware of broken ejection system, and RSC error msg appearing in the mission start-up and few other smaller script bugs. All that will be fixed soon with service updates, so please be patient.

@Zaphael - initially GPS system was designed to be used by same person who will operate the weapons. So that means in MP if gunner will be controlling them he must open the GPS INS menu and set the target in order to be able to lock on it. We will look in to that, maybe we can change it so it works better for MP environment with two crew members.

@2rmina2r - please send me a PM with log files and more detailed info, since I can not reproduce said error.

Great mod guys, love it. I noticed one thing though. When using the RAAF skin on the FA18F super hornet I noticed that there is still a USAF roundel thing on the left wing

Have an error pop-ups in all SuperHornet mods and Flanker mod: No entry 'config.bin/RscinGameUI/Rsc_***_Unltlnfo.CA_Stabilize. Where *** is mod name, ex. FA18

How to fix this?