TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

I don't mean to piss on your cheerios guys (especially since I am so crazy excited for your "sideproject" carrier) but I thought you should know (if you do not already)... the U.S.S. Freedom is the name of a LCS-1 combat ship IRL. IDK if that would "break the realism" for y'all but I thought the earlier in the process you hear this the better. Again, you guys have my favorite mods. I'm currently working on making a VFA carrier based strike fighter squad so your planes and your future carrier will be the lifeblood of my gameplay. Cheers!

Just for shits'n giggles may I make some suggestions?

- USS Andromeda

- USS Clarity

- USS North

- USS Travis

- USS Yellowstone

- USS Ulysses

- USS Saturn

- USS Meteora

- USS Endria

- USS Boston

- USS Vendetta

- USS Prime

- USS Gipsy Danger (Because why the hell not :p)

Those are some I could come up with off the top of my head. Might post some more later if you guys appreciate it.

I think they're already committed to reusing the name USS Enterprise, so I'd go with that if it were up to me.

@All - decision has been made, concept is already in work's, and - USS FREEDOM it will be. We were aware about LCS 1 named in RL with same name, but in Arma LCS 1 might end up with one of suggested names, but carrier will fit in with the rest of the existing vanilla units in Arma 3. When the time comes to taking that project to BETA, you will see the whole concept, and then we will believe the name will justify itself.

@All - decision has been made, concept is already in work's, and - USS FREEDOM it will be. We were aware about LCS 1 named in RL with same name, but in Arma LCS 1 might end up with one of suggested names, but carrier will fit in with the rest of the existing vanilla units in Arma 3. When the time comes to taking that project to BETA, you will see the whole concept, and then we will believe the name will justify itself.

LCS is looking like a failure at this point any ways, patrol boat firepower on a frigate sized vessel is a stupid idea, so it's not unreasonable to think that the current freedom could be decommissioned by the 2030's, but that's just my opinion. I've also heard there's a big push going on to revert to the original naming style for carriers instead of presidents, which I'm all for because names like Saratoga, Lexington, Hornet and Freedom sound way better than USS Bush'bag or Douche'Bama to me:o

LCS is looking like a failure at this point any ways, patrol boat firepower on a frigate sized vessel is a stupid idea, so it's not unreasonable to think that the current freedom could be decommissioned by the 2030's, but that's just my opinion. I've also heard there's a big push going on to revert to the original naming style for carriers instead of presidents, which I'm all for because names like Saratoga, Lexington, Hornet and Freedom sound way better than USS Bush'bag or Douche'Bama to me:o

i just wanna see a Navy ship wit a Railgun! I mean, by the 2030's technology should have improved enough for it to be viable weapon. Besides, two nuclear reactors (or fusion reactors who knows what we'll be using by 2035) should be enough to power such a weapon.

Well, people re-use ship names all the time.

In the navy I do not believe that is true. Well not as long as the ship is still being used. (edit I think I could very well be wrong about this. Sorry if I am.)

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

@John Spartan. I'll still follow your mods to the end of the internet! I can not wait or any version of the U.S.S. Freedom because I've loved the nimitz in all its glitchy glory and I know you guys will do amazing work.

Edited by granola muncher

How do the dual rails work... I have been looking at the code and it looks as though they attach to the aircraft like ordinance would but after that how do weapons attach to them?

hi

first ...really thanks for your great releases

this addons is my best

second

can u create F-14 tomcat for 2035?(just change interior cabin equipments) .... i looooooooooove it ... that is king of all fighters

:butbut:

@Mmahdi - I agree, that F14 is an iconic fighter, but atm we have no plans to create one for ARMAVERSE, sorry, but we just don't have that much of a free time [it takes about 3 months to create a BETA and then another 2-3 to shape it]

What about an F-117? I know its retired though it does have the futuristic look ^^

Yeah an F117 would be perfect for the Future setting in Arma 3! I have asked him yesterday what he may think about an F117 but after that i had the feeling that i have to apologize myself because i dont have to impose my ideas or wishes to anybody :/ sry for that... and Yep for me is it no question what he will do next. I will support the mod, him and saul because i know it will be great and very detailed and it will make fun xD But yeah an F117 would be great... there is one Mod from Arma2 someone only need to ask and port it but this Theme is not related to this Thread here....

@John_Spartan O Mann, just saw the Video what you have posted a few days ago... great xDDD

@All - Saul and me already have made a decision on our next project it's goanna be an aircraft carrier [called USS FREEDOM, a Ford class super carrier] to finally replace A2 ported one [uSS NIMITZ]. And then there is one more project Saul recently suggested and I 100% agreed with him - to have a nice break/holyday from all this. So sorry, if there will be a F117 then it will be some other crew to create that. I would emphasize on create - since ARMA 3 standard's are way further than ARMA 2 detail/quality, so a quick port over version is not an option in my opinion. If you do it then do it properly, or better don't bother at all.

That does not change nothing for our current projects, we will look after them with same care as before.

an aircraft carrier [called USS FREEDOM, a Ford class super carrier] to finally replace A2 ported one [uSS NIMITZ]

Will it be by other Modder Flightplanes useable? And i something read about that it is from the scripting side very hard an difficult make a ship that is possible to land on it.... that means will it be moveable or will it be stationary? Sry for asking but you dont need to answer if you want these infos open until to official announced it...

I 100% agreed with him - to have a nice break/holyday from all this

And you both deserved it :)

@All - conventional F/A-18's and Su35's are not forgotten. We are currently cooking a new update for F/A-18's to implenet some features we recently lerned with development of Su35 and F/A-18X.

So the F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet update 1.82 will deliver:

- in game editor based module for much user friendlier "pre mission" setup [mission designers wont need to mess with the code any more]

- slightly tweaked JDAM capability

- compatibility with EricJ's "Blue Angels" skin pack

- removable pylons

- tweaked WSO view

- some small sound fixes

@Geraldbolso, thanks' for the idea regarding "directionStabilized=1", your concept makes it easier for gunner.

@All - we have great news for all the FA18 fans out there, with the next update we will have a new set of splendid sounds. Since pilots have been saying that they would like to hear a bit more quality sounds we enlisted a professional - LordJarhead to help us out. So all this will be deployed next weekend with new update. If you want to test the sounds a bit earlier then please check out our new F/A18X Black Wasp [version 0.93 BETA] with similar set of sounds deployed.

I'm glad i was able to chip in my two cents :)

BTW, you know when you are bout to land in the carrier and the HUD gets all cluttered up with them radar boxes?

I have the solution and i know u guys are probable very busy with other stuff, so when the time is right id like to share some ideas with u guys.

We have heavy framerate drops when pilots fly with afterburner. Very very hard FPSdrops for other players. Often they cant even deactivate it since it was startet once.

Edited by Numrollen

@Numerollen - interesting, can we have more details on this one, like what mods are in the pack and also, what type of mission is running on server. Maybe RPT file from server/client could help us to find the cause.

@Lawlim, as for sounds then current set of sounds is WIP atm, but cannon will stay as it is until we acquire a good quality samples that we can legally use.

we had this on different missions. If a jet with afterburner fly by all players get the fps drop. On landing with afterburner on even i had 1fps only, i stood on the airfield and looked at the plan. As long as the jet is not in sight it is not noticeable. Sound problem perhaps?

mods: cba,tfr,f18,bwmod,agm,A-10 from peral,JSRS,L_ES and others that arent active used on our last test.