TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

did you mind make advanced F-15 eagle?:confused: it will be most powerful 4.5 gen fighter jet.

Advanced eagle's all functions is more power than F-15SA (and added weapon pod 1,9.)

Edited by ArmedRichard

not sure if this is known but, the cockpit Ambient Occlusion is messed up and creates visual bugs and black lines on my computer (steamworkshop latest release)

the way to fix is to not include alpha channels in that texture i think, also it would be cool if u can model visual collision lights and position lights using source="collisionlights","CollisionLightRed_source", etc, in model cfg. also good luck in ur wasp project! you got my vote

Edited by dezkit

[/url]

Hey there.

I really like your work. I use the F/A 18 in Arma 2 and it's really a great piece of work!

I would like to ask since it's still missing in Arma 2 how much work would it be to convert the Arma 3 SU-35BM to Arma 2 ? It would be awesome to have the modern pendant to the US Jet.

Or is it already in planning ?

Keep up the good work!

Regards. :)

We encountered major issues on our server with both F18's since the last update. Errors in the rpt file and desyncs that go trough the roof once the hornet is destoyed.

Vehicle respawn module is synced.

Rpt file on request

@Velox, we have plans to create a conversion to A2 for SU35, but it's on hold due our current projects taking all our time. It's not as simple as juts config bro, all code and stuff was made deliberately to fit A3. So to get it fully functional with A2 would be similar to rebuilding it from ground. When? - cant confirm ETA at the moment.

@Neptune, just tested BI vanilla respawn module with and FA18's - no RPT spam, vanilla game [sTABLE, 1.28] with latest update no other mods. I'll need your RPT to find the issue mate.

@Velox, we have plans to create a conversion to A2 for SU35, but it's on hold due our current projects taking all our time. It's not as simple as juts config bro, all code and stuff was made deliberately to fit A3. So to get it fully functional with A2 would be similar to rebuilding it from ground. When? - cant confirm ETA at the moment.

Never said that it would be easy. :) But that's great to hear. Thanks for your effort!

I know you guys are gonna be busy with the Black Wasp and Freedom for the most part, but when and if you guys update the Super Hornet again would it be possible to add the customization module you guys have for the Flanker?

@Odie, yes we have that in works for regular FA18's, it was delayed with last update due to FA18's arming system being more complex than Su35's. There are few other things we have on our TO DO list as a priority once we get back on the FA18's E/F. When - more likely next year after release of carrier since that would require a total overhaul of all jets to make them compatible with what we have planned.

Hey guys,

So you may have heard i'm currently working on the US helo pack, and one thing i encountered while adding "ground stabilized" (directionStabilized=1) turrets was that my head was slaved to the gun at all times, and being ground stabilized that meant that my head would flip autonomously (following a ground point) and the only way to counter that was freelook. So someone in the us helo thread mentioned something about having various levels of zoom and making one of those levels not be ground stabilized, and that solved it, i was able to aim the gun while being head's up rather than being slaved to it. And this is what's really annoying while flying in the WSO seat of the fa18F.

You can still slave your view to a ground position by leaving the turret in one of the zoom levels that IS ground-stable.

Cheers!

EDIT: Not to mention the possibility of havin't the WSO lock bandits with his view (like with an HMD)!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by geraldbolso1899

The WSO in the rear seat of the cockpit, from shoulders down, faces the correct way, however, in first person view you are looking at the seat instead of the controls, and you cannot look forward. when you use the free-look function to adjust the view you are just looking over your shoulder at the controls but you cannot adjust the view to look at both the controls and the front view of your WSO seat.

The WSO in the rear seat of the cockpit, from shoulders down, faces the correct way, however, in first person view you are looking at the seat instead of the controls, and you cannot look forward. when you use the free-look function to adjust the view you are just looking over your shoulder at the controls but you cannot adjust the view to look at both the controls and the front view of your WSO seat.

Are you playing multiplayer?

I have encountered that bug too with helicopters, and your character acts as if he is dead - you can still fly, but, First Person is munted.

I would recommend exiting and entering the aircraft again.

@All, FA18's will have a small hotfix [v1.9 released in November]

- F version will have a new targeting system [no more annoying head movements]

- small bug fixes that we have received on E/F models

- compatibility with some other user made plugins

@Taku, even easier - look in editor for a module that will allow full setup like via service menu, but instantly on mission start-up. Please read the EDITOR section in pilots manual in game.

hi there.. greetings from me :3

i just wondering if there is some script that could make different way to engine start up.. its just like before turning on both engine, turn on electrical power first, then turn on left engine, right engine then wait 1-2 minutes to make engine run properly, then close the canopy, maybe this could make some "new" feeling for flying in arma3.. not like vanilla arma animation that could did that in 1 way by pressing Lshift and go.. i'm just giving whats in my mind now :)

oh btw, i like your Su-35 john, i'm waiting for the next update here.. and i keep wondering how could i do cobra pugachev on that plane :confused:

Well first of all John this is perfect addon for Arma 3 but i have to ask you maybe you already reply to someone but there is too much pages on this thread.

I have to ask you why your F-18 Super Hornet mod has no an ECS Exhaust near engines ?

http://www.karaya.pl/thumbnails/max/product/ab54dbf43abbbcb3ac6163e994b909320f44bfbc.jpg (126 kB)

Sorry i hope that this will not make you angry but i have to ask thank you ! :)

Edited by SRBKnight
first typing i write wrong

oh btw, i like your Su-35 john, i'm waiting for the next update here.. and i keep wondering how could i do cobra pugachev on that plane :confused:

I'm afraid that ArmA 3 FM isn't advanced enough for such maneuvers. Since it depends on AOA-based stall (flow separation) and not airspeed-based one, it might be hard to do in ArmA. I think that that no matter how rapidly you pull up, you'll just climb, with no stalling that'd let you pull off a Cobra.

@Knight - we are not angry, don't worry about that brother. If you have noticed then one of the reasons why these mods have shaped so nicely is the community feedback. we are open to criticism and suggestions. Some of the features were created/added and polished just based on community feedback. So regarding your question. When Saul and me decided to do a first major overhaul to the model back in A2 days, polycount mattered a lot due to engine specifics. Now we have rebuilt it 3 times already and probably one more mayor update is ahead. When - cant confirm. We are busy with our MANW entry, and next project in line is announced USS FREEDOM [CVN 83] - Ford class supper carrier. As for exhaust's then I recon you meant these - and Saul already is way ahead with a beautiful new model.

@Nourisseptianto and Dragon - when we started SU35 project A3 engine and flight model was early WIP [only jet available was that "buzzard"]. So flight model was based on existing tech. Right now BI has added more complex flight model, which we still need to master and utilize in our mods. Maybe in not so distant feature SU35 will get an updated flight model, and hopefully we will be able to teach AI some cool tricks as well. But all that only after our current project's are done.

@All - please be patient with updates and additional features with existing projects. Right now SU35 and FA18's are at working condition with no mayor issues. So now Saul's and mine main focus is shifted in to creating our new masterpiece F/A-18X Black Wasp [Advanced Super Hornet] to better fit in new A3 environment. After that we will need a new home for all these naval beasts, so carrier is our next main job [which is a personal favourite since I love naval stuff in ARMA]. We have not forgotten/abandoned our releases and we will keep working on them. But game plan was made and we will stick to it.

Edited by John_Spartan

Hey guys, first of all AMAZING WORK!

I have so much fun with it, thank you for taking the time and creating the jets!

But i have two questions:

Could it be that the sounds, especially the engines are a bit oversteering? They are extremely loud compared to the rest of the game and i even have some crackles in it.

The second is: is it possible to lock the bombs on a target like you can do with the vanilla jets? I mean, if someone marks a target i can lock onto it with my A-10 and drop the bombs. But with these jets and the GPS targeting i wasn't able to do it.

regards