TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

What... how, I seriously don't even...

What did you do?!

I second this! I have not seen that yet, but I am having trouble locking vehicles and ships. Tried to use the harpoon without success.

Love the mod, great work, keep it up! Just wanted to know if you guys have any future plans for the Super Hornet with enclosed weapons pod &/or conformal fuel tanks? As on the Advanced Super Hornet which Boeing is testing at the moment. The conformal fuel tanks would be bolt-on on top of the wings, while the enclosed weapons pod would go on the centreline hardpoint. I guess if you were to add this it could be in the arming menu. It would be highly beneficial as it would mean you wouldn't need to carry external fuel tanks (more loiter time) & you can then carry significantly more weapons. Just an idea... Thanks. :yay:

Love the mod, great work, keep it up! Just wanted to know if you guys have any future plans for the Super Hornet with enclosed weapons pod &/or conformal fuel tanks? As on the Advanced Super Hornet which Boeing is testing at the moment. The conformal fuel tanks would be bolt-on on top of the wings, while the enclosed weapons pod would go on the centreline hardpoint. I guess if you were to add this it could be in the arming menu. It would be highly beneficial as it would mean you wouldn't need to carry external fuel tanks (more loiter time) & you can then carry significantly more weapons. Just an idea... Thanks. :yay:

I think they would look at this more for their MANW project than this one. They already said they are pretty much done with this beyond bug fixes.

I think they would look at this more for their MANW project than this one. They already said they are pretty much done with this beyond bug fixes.

Thanks for the heads up, I just saw it now. It looks outstanding, looking forward to see the finished mod! :)

i really like the f-18. its a wonderful addon.

what i dont like is the restriction if you want to look

down in the cockpit with trackir5. it feels wired.

its the same in the su-35 as with the f-18:

from 10 sec and ongoing

oh and the f-18 drops the nose after a time. you can´t hold the bird stady!

Edited by themaster303

I also have the artillery computer with the F and also I can't seem to lock onto laser targets or gps targets anymore.

i really like the f-18. its a wonderful addon.

what i dont like is the restriction if you want to look

down in the cockpit with trackir5. it feels wired.

its the same in the su-35 as with the f-18:

from 10 sec and ongoing

oh and the f-18 drops the nose after a time. you can´t hold the bird stady!

Those are problems that are inherent to Arma. There's very little that addon makers can do to improve those things. If you want improved TrackIR movement in Arma install this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168314-Head-Range-Plus-Improved-TrackIR-Movement

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Those are problems that are inherent to Arma. There's very little that addon makers can do to improve those things. If you want improved TrackIR movement in Arma install this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168314-Head-Range-Plus-Improved-TrackIR-Movement

do you have trackir ? because in the arma3 choppers and jets you dont have this restriction, you can look down.

so i dont think its an arma problem.

do you have trackir ? because in the arma3 choppers and jets you dont have this restriction, you can look down.

It isn't

Yeah I have TrackIR. But I believe addon makers don't have acces to all the assets regarding vehicle moddeling. In regard to the camera movement within the vehicle that is.

I also have the artillery computer with the F and also I can't seem to lock onto laser targets or gps targets anymore.

i have the same problem, i can't lock onto laser targets or gps targets. can you fix it pls?

- F version of F/A-18's is is still WIP especially when it comes to WSO seat. We have a concept which will be introduced latter on with our new project and then "back ported" to F model as well. Till that few small issues like the - artillery computer action and few GPS/INS locking problems will be something we have to deal with till next update.

- Track IR support and DELIBERATLEY limited FOV is fully dependant on our config, there is no engine limitations on this matter. We had discussion about this in much earlier stage of development and this is how we agreed together on this subject. Reason why this small restriction is implemented is to avoid weird game engine bug where you turn the head and can see inside the neck [model of pilot] what is unnatural, and also since there is no interaction in cockpit such decision was agreed as you lads proposed.

well i have the problem with the F/A 18 E and GPS system. it is rly random if i can lock on or not, and it only works for me, if i keybind next target with shift+t, it doesn't work for me with the joystick, i can't lock on the gps target.

ok nvm, now it works for, don't know why, but it works :D

Edited by Blackswater

- Track IR support and DELIBERATLEY limited FOV is fully dependant on our config, there is no engine limitations on this matter. We had discussion about this in much earlier stage of development and this is how we agreed together on this subject. Reason why this small restriction is implemented is to avoid weird game engine bug where you turn the head and can see inside the neck [model of pilot] what is unnatural, and also since there is no interaction in cockpit such decision was agreed as you lads proposed.

as you see in my video

, the restriction in looking down, lead to the problem, if you look down with trackir, you get pushed in the "zoom in" view.

that is the main reason that it is wired and feels wrong.

and in arma3 jets there is no view in the neck, as you see here in these videos:

Edited by themaster303

Hello ,I have a question :can we attach/tow the F/A 18 with a vehicle of Arma III ? If yes how to do ?

Edited by BlueWater52

Hello ,I have a question :can we attach/tow the F/A 18 with a vehicule of Arma III ? If yes how to do ?

"vehicule" lol youre most likely french xD You cant without scripts or mods, Armalogic.

Hello ,I have a question :can we attach/tow the F/A 18 with a vehicle of Arma III ? If yes how to do ?

It depends on the mission you're on and if it has the script enabled.

I know if you download the USS Nimitz mod, you can use the towing module, and link it to vehicles that you want to tow planes, and which planes can be towed. The stomper seems to be the only thing that works well. It's controlled via UAV Terminal.

The script that the Nimitz module uses is pretty much just http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8168. You'd need to tweak that a bit to make it MP/Dedicated compatible and additionally you'll need to add the configs for the UGV's and F/A-18's.

As for the other modules provided along with the nimitz you should consult the nimitz documentation for their functions.