TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

I would say: get rid of the whole auto eject thing. Its not realistic anyway.

Just make the engine fail or something...and restartable if the speed is positive.

Actually some modern fighter aircraft do have an auto eject system that monitors all the flight systems, instrumentation, hydrolics etc. But also aircraft airspeed, oreintation, altitude and stress on the airframe. This all to ensure that the pilot is ejected even when he can't react quick enough, or is blacked out or wounded.

Which one exactly? Certainly not the ones I have flown.

And deffinately not the super Hornet.

@lala, well spotted, fixed for next update.

@Jim, please take a look at pilots manual UI [once you get in the jet, scroll down in user action list and use "Pilots Manual"] if still not working then report please what mods are u using or post me a RPT [A3 log file] file please.

@Neptune, ejection sequence automated is only for AI, that poor bastard needs a special training to use this feature. Concept if more than 80% damage is done to a jet AI will eject if still alive. It ads a bit of immersion on this matter. As for backwards flying fix we changed the approach on that. Su35 is using BI solution on this matter, F/A18's will be fully adjusted with same solution in flight model with 1.8 UPDATE.

Try to shoot AI flown Su-35E with FA18's main canon or other way around.

Also in RL as far as I am aware Suchois family jets indeed have a computer monitored ejection system.

Edited by John_Spartan

Which one exactly? Certainly not the ones I have flown.

And deffinately not the super Hornet.

Eurofigher is implementing it currently, and also some Sukhois I believe.

Possible bug

With the 1.7 beta you are able to put AGM-84 harpoons on the dual rail mounts in the service menu.

Steam Screenshot

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

Possible bug

The new fuselage vapour and wing tip effects are rarely appearing and when they do they appear behind the aircraft.

Steam Screenshot

Did a test run going through several main functions.

First thing I noticed was the HUD. I generally lik it very much!

There is one concern. When you select bombs there is this weird line from the Bombing reticle to the flight path marker. It't not there IRL. With the CCIP bombing system you'll have a line from the Flight path marker to the CCIP-pipper but that looks way different than this. So I'd say this is useless HUD clutter. It would be more helpfull to be able to set that reticle on several settings (moving it up and down in clicks over the HUD) to use as manual bombing reference.

The JDAM is a great improvement. However...

You cannot lock onto the JDAM target when it is inside a building. Which renders it kinda useless. A JDAM is most used for attacking structures.

I could also lock on the laserdesignator which shouldn't be possible with the GBU38. Some later JDAMs like the GBU52 could do it though.

Ive discovered that 2nd of the 2 planes int he list doesnt lock onto anything but when i tried the 1st one in my list it worked for air targets, the gps bombing was a bit tempremental tho. am i supposed to have 2 of the same plane ?

Thats not happening for me. You may have a second olderversion. Check your active addons.

There is only supposed to be an E and F variant.

Eurofigher is implementing it currently, and also some Sukhois I believe.

This sounds extremely unlikely. If the ejection seat can fire uncommanded without the pilot bracing in the correct posture first, the risk of death and amputation upon egress from the aircraft is extremely high. I know for a fact we're told if you don't have your head back, back straight, legs in and elbows tucked, you are going to snap your neck or lose a limb on the way out.

Loving this addon so far. I'm hoping that more features (and just maybe more aircraft) will be added in the future. I do have one little suggestion though. I like that a lowered boost value is scripted for better takeoffs, but I feel that the effectiveness of afterburners could be handled a bit differently. (Just my 2 cents.) Here's an example of how I set up the AB:

if (((getpos _plane) select 2) < 7500) then {_Boost = (((speed _plane) / 1400) * 1.07);} else {_Boost = (((speed _plane) / 2100) * 2);};

if (((getpos _plane) select 2) < 7500) then {_maxspeed = 1400;} else {_maxspeed = 2100;};

if ((speed _plane) > 400) then {_fueldrag = 3500 + ((speed _plane)/2);};

In other words, the faster you go, the faster you go faster. :D

If only we could control thrust ;)

Pleas fix sounds f18

he might need a little more to go on that that mate...

SJ

Ok.

Canon dont have sounds and any next weapon on FA 18 dont have sounds. Because last arma 3 patch edit sounds. This problem have all addons which us custum sounds.

Ok.

Canon dont have sounds and any next weapon on FA 18 dont have sounds. Because last arma 3 patch edit sounds. This problem have all addons which us custum sounds.

1.7 beta release has already fixed this issue. Try it. 1.8 stable will be arriving soon.

where can download 1.7 beta becos on pws is only 1.6

Edited by Avarax

Page 130 of this thread.

I've tried doing some searches but got no results, is there a bug with weapons officers in the two seater version having there view stuck to the back? Like the default "forward" view is actually looking to the side and back of the aircraft and you have to "alt look" to turn your head to the front.

I've tried doing some searches but got no results, is there a bug with weapons officers in the two seater version having there view stuck to the back? Like the default "forward" view is actually looking to the side and back of the aircraft and you have to "alt look" to turn your head to the front.

It's not a bug, its supposed to be the HMD sort of, (think where you look is where the targeting pod is looking) thats why it seems they are looking backwards but this is because you are looking there when in the Targeting Pod.

It's not a bug, its supposed to be the HMD sort of, (think where you look is where the targeting pod is looking) thats why it seems they are looking backwards but this is because you are looking there when in the Targeting Pod.

It's not really a bug nor a feature. Just lack of Arma to easily see the Co-pilot's head sepperately from the TGP 'turret'. They are both aiming device turrets.

It's not really a bug nor a feature. Just lack of Arma to easily see the Co-pilot's head sepperately from the TGP 'turret'. They are both aiming device turrets.

Ah right sorry I was just being stupid thanks!!