TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

Any chance of getting better functioning mirrors? The resolution and FPS on the current ones is pretty awful regardless of PiP settings.

Any chance of getting better functioning mirrors? The resolution and FPS on the current ones is pretty awful regardless of PiP settings.

That's the case with ALL the mirrors in Arma 3. Its an RV thing, can't be fixed.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Hey Spartan and Saul! I just wanted to say that I think you guys are making marvellous progress with your mod. And already love it to death, I think its one of the best mods out there so far.

But I'm going to be very nitpickey about it now because I'm a dick like that.

I noticed whilts playing around with it that the vectoring engine exhausts are not attached to the model, which I guess makes sense because the have to be animated. However, do you think you guys could model the actual vectoring ring inside the engine at some point in the future. It wouldn't really require to redo the entire model, or animation, just add a ring on the inside of the model so when the engine vectors it becomes visible, instead of no texture empty slice of space. I'm talking about this ring:

http://www.chinasignpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/S117-thrust-vectoring-nozzle_Russian-internet_paralay.jpg (174 kB)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/Sukhoi_Su-35S_07_RED_PAS_2013_07.jpg (3541 kB)

The one with the holes in the middle, at the point where the exhaust starts to curve down.

I hope I didn't make myself sound like to much of a whore, I think you are doing an amazing job.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Just had some free time and took her for a test flight, seemed to handle pretty good, good job :)

@FoxHound - thanks' mate.

@Rages123 - at the current stage we have no plans to add "Bitching betty" warning system to any of our aircraft. But if someone wish to make one it can be done on plug-in base, by creating a separate addon with such feature.

@Tuna - afterburners are still early stage WIP, and there is few issues and features we will add latter on regarding this subject. As for tiny things you mentioned - atm we don't have time to fix, maybe latter mate. Also please understand that SU35 project was never even meant to go that far. Original idea was to have something to shoot down by F/A-18's and that's it.

@Zukov - place the plane on the map in editor [CSAT/AIR/SU-35 Flanker E] and once you hit preview before you start the engines scroll down in action menu till you find - PILOTS MANUAL - that will answer your question man.

@Ramius86 - we are aware about this random behaviour which started with A3 1.20 patch [script command action/Eject is broken] we are looking in to workaround to solve the issue.

@P_Siddy - no, AAF already have it's air force kitted out [buzzard's]

@Sanguinius51 and Jcinto23 - no SU35 is meant as conventional air force version. No navy derivatives planned on this one.

@Kecske - I remember you mentioning such tweak about mirror visual appearance, maybe with latter updates, but cant promise.

@Xendance - until BI will release a proper tutorial how to get them full HD [we have sample models only atm] we will focus on more important stuff and come back to this latter mate.

@Vasmkd - i think I spoke to SoulAssasin [RHS] about a compatibility between mods. Once you lads get a decent BETA out we can create a separate class and embed it to work with the whole Russian military mod.

nice work you have done here. thx for that.

i have a quaestion. could you enhance the movement of the "lookaround" in cockpit.

espacally the look down is pretty / limited. i am using trackir5 and its really a need

you can look everywhere freely.

around 13 sec. till the end you see the limit in looking down, it feels strange ;)

Edited by themaster303

@Neptune, as for auto-eject it's a script bug on my side in MP code, I have a fix on that one, but the whole update for the pack needs to revised so it's stable with the new game patch. So don't worry on that subject it's fixed.

Great news, thanks! Could you please confirm if this fix is in v1.6 or is it planned for inclusion in a future update?

Wow thats awesome work here, to bad that we have not more of such people like you.

That quality should be standart in ArmA, not the model or graphic i mean the features inside

hey john! i had answered to "victim93" ;)

by the way, the f18 has two seats option, there is a chance to port the stock's Su34 to the same level?

thanks in advance

@Tuna - afterburners are still early stage WIP, and there is few issues and features we will add latter on regarding this subject. As for tiny things you mentioned - atm we don't have time to fix, maybe latter mate. Also please understand that SU35 project was never even meant to go that far. Original idea was to have something to shoot down by F/A-18's and that's it.

I know I know, I'm sorry. I... sometimes let my imagination run a little wild when I'm excited about something.

Its about time I popped in to say a big thanks for these aircraft! Superb work! :)

Excellent work ! Found a potential bug if killed when in missile lock (I was in the SU35E at the time), the sound continues even after respawn :( Apart from that the SU35 is a delight to fly.

This strikes me as the best aircraft mod I've seen in a long time. Flying's fun again!

Just one problem, when ejecting from the single seat version (haven't tried the double seater, though it shouldn't make a difference) everything goes well but I'm not separated from the seat and fall to the ground while sticking to it. Then on touchdown the parachute opens and closes again and with a 50/50 chance I live or die.

@Frank - We are aware of this issue.

Fantastic stuff guys! Thank you.

Only thing I can think of to improve would be that it's almost too easy to fly... and the S8 rockets could fire faster.

I've been experimenting a bit with the ejection script and I think I found a possible bug which caused the player to not separate from the seat.

In FA18_Ejection_E.sqf I commented out line 76:

// _Ejection_Seat setvelocity [0,0,0];

And everything works as intended. As soon as the pilot drops below 300m he separates from the seat and the parachute opens. I find this really strange though, as this is a valid command with valid parameters and therefore script execution shouldn't be aborted.

Update:

With setVelocity [0, 0, 0] the player does not eject from the seat when _Pilot action ["eject", _Ejection_Seat] is called. With any other velocity however (e.g. setVelocity [1, 1, 1], everything's fine.

This means that the player does not eject from a vehicle in midair when it doesn't have any velocity, which seems to be an engine thing.

So one way to fix the problem would be to set the velocity to any other small value but 0, but simply removing the command works as well.

I personally fancy the second solution, as the seat would then keep its flying trajectory after detachment (instead of stopping in midair and then dropping like a stone), which is the way it should be. But there are probably other implications to this I don't know about, as I'm sure this command is there for a reason.

Edited by frankfranconi

@Frank, you are right its setvelocity that has been broken since last 1.2 A3 patch. I was mistaken thinking that - _Pilot action ["eject", _SU35]; is the broken part. That line in the script is used to slow down the ejection seat before separation in case of inverted ejection. Otherwise with mass of ejection seat being heavier than pilot and velocity faster in case of collision pilot gets killed. Normally if script runs smooth you don't even notice that being executed [unless you put game to a slow motion].

Ok so there is a ticked to be created for a broken stevelocity script command.

Thanks for update. Superb work!

Edited by Walt71

hey for for the su35 what are the class names for airfract textures checked the pdf they were not there ?

@Blackadder - in case you want to switch the paintschemes in mission startup use the modeule provided with the addon [Modules/Object Modifiers/SU35 Init module]

or as for texture paths used:

_SU35 setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "\js_jc_su35\data\Su35_hull_co.paa"];

_SU35 setObjectTextureGlobal [1, "\js_jc_su35\data\Su35_misc_co.paa"];

_SU35 setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "\js_jc_su35\data\Su35_hull_SKY_co.paa"];

_SU35 setObjectTextureGlobal [1, "\js_jc_su35\data\Su35_misc_sky_co.paa"];

_SU35 setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "\js_jc_su35\data\Su35_hull_CSAT_D_co.paa"];

_SU35 setObjectTextureGlobal [1, "\js_jc_su35\data\Su35_misc_CSAT_D_co.paa"];

_SU35 setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "\js_jc_su35\data\Su35_hull_CSAT_S_co.paa"];

_SU35 setObjectTextureGlobal [1, "\js_jc_su35\data\Su35_misc_CSAT_S_co.paa"];

Do you plan to add in the future GPS guided bombs on Greyhawk and increased distance lock on targets for GBU-12? In reality,GBU-12 has a maximum range of up to 15 kilometers and MQ UAV have a JDAM. This would add even more reality in Arma 3.Your addons are always of high quality. Thank you for your work.

has the HUD problem reported a few pages earlier been fixed?

Do you plan to add in the future GPS guided bombs on Greyhawk and increased distance lock on targets for GBU-12? In reality,GBU-12 has a maximum range of up to 15 kilometers and MQ UAV have a JDAM. This would add even more reality in Arma 3.Your addons are always of high quality. Thank you for your work.

Contact me for Proper JDAM mod.

btw. there is NO maximum range for JDAM's ;-)

Contact me for Proper JDAM mod.

btw. there is NO maximum range for JDAM's ;-)

Ofcourse there is! You can't fly indefinetly unpowered. The Jdam is a gliding weapon. I believe its maximum range is about 40 nautical miles when its dropped from max height at max speed. F-15's have dropped them from upwards of 50.000 ft at mach 2.5 in the past. That gets you long way.

And what about the GBU-12 LGB (GBU-12 Paveway II)?