TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

@Tuna - It has been discussed and is a possibility ;)

Report of F-18F :

List of bugs : paint are broken, GPS targeting system is not working, service menu to change weapon configuration is not working, reloading is not working. Fuel consumption is broken ( close to unlimited fuel).

Mods: A3MP;

A3MP-AP;

Alive;

asdg_jr;

cba_a3;

agressors;

your F-18;

fhq_accessories;

jsrs2.1;

Nato and russian weapons;

R3F_armes;

rh_m4;

rh_pstol;

task_force_radio;

XactionUI;

Xeventsystem;

Xmedsys;

vts weaponresting,

fsf_sac_ventral.

Report of F-18E :

No problem, everything is well working. I didn't test to change paint. The gps targeting system is OK, the 87th_neptume tweak would be welcome.

Thank you and i hope it will help you to solve the F-18F problems.

@All, F/A-18 Advanced Super hornet is indeed an interesting concept. But its not as easy as just few updates on current model. Even as much as we would like to see that happening, till current two projects have reached solid state we will have no spare time to attempt such upgrade. Maybe by the end of the year we can return to this discussion.

@All, issue with false ejection is one of main bugs we are currently focusing. Next 1.7 will fix that, plus an updated GPS INS system.

@Ckrauslo, as for replacement you were asking you will need to write a replacement config to archive what you would like to see. Please drop me a PM if you wish to do it yourself, I can share some examples of similar configs.

@Fragzilla, you have really splendid skills on making vids mate.

@Warlord, gear damage issue is releted to the gaps on Nimitz deck, to fix that bout of F/A-18's and Nimitz must have few updates which will happen but we will need time on this, since it involves Physix.

@Tuna, of bore sight [helmet mounted displays] targeting is realy a possibility, but again we can not promise when since our RL are taking more and more of our spare time.

@Izak, please specify what exactly is broken on F models UI and are u using DEV or STABLE game modes. Also please try just vanilla game and FA18's by themselves and then send me a PM with a more detailed explanation of errors, I'll look in to it.

It takes more and more time just to follow game updates and keep the mod working and functioning properly, new concepts and SU35 are currently forced to background.

@All, F/A-18 Advanced Super hornet is indeed an interesting concept. But its not as easy as just few updates on current model. Even as much as we would like to see that happening, till current two projects have reached solid state we will have no spare time to attempt such upgrade. Maybe by the end of the year we can return to this discussion.

@All, issue with false ejection is one of main bugs we are currently focusing. Next 1.7 will fix that, plus an updated GPS INS system.

@Ckrauslo, as for replacement you were asking you will need to write a replacement config to archive what you would like to see. Please drop me a PM if you wish to do it yourself, I can share some examples of similar configs.

@Fragzilla, you have really splendid skills on making vids mate.

@Warlord, gear damage issue is releted to the gaps on Nimitz deck, to fix that bout of F/A-18's and Nimitz must have few updates which will happen but we will need time on this, since it involves Physix.

@Tuna, of bore sight [helmet mounted displays] targeting is realy a possibility, but again we can not promise when since our RL are taking more and more of our spare time.

@Izak, please specify what exactly is broken on F models UI and are u using DEV or STABLE game modes. Also please try just vanilla game and FA18's by themselves and then send me a PM with a more detailed explanation of errors, I'll look in to it.

It takes more and more time just to follow game updates and keep the mod working and functioning properly, new concepts and SU35 are currently forced to background.

Will do as soon as i can.

@All, issue with false ejection is one of main bugs we are currently focusing.

Great! I came to this topic to make sure you guys were aware of the ejection issue, hope to see it fixed soon. Keep up the great work on this mod!:yay:

I may be pushing an RTFM button here...

How do you make the AI deploy the refuel basket? (By editor/script that is)

I can (finally) indeed confirm my self now that the Ejection seat does fire un-intentionally.

It happened under the following circumstances:

- F/A-18E

- Dedicated server

- 400 meter

- 200 km/h

- Gear down

- 1/2 Flaps

- 30 AOB Decending turn

- 5 - 7 people connecting and disconnecting from the server

Fixed the unintended auto ejection.

Just kill the forced ejection scripts. No reason for them to be there anyway. I won't get in any aircraft that would have an auto ejection anyway.:p

I was wondering the other day. Since I doubt wether it would be feasible and/or pratical to try to implement PIP MFCD's in the aircraft, would it be cool to use regular camera feed, but have a little animation before switching to targeting mode in order to inhance immersion?:

I still don't get how the FLIR pod is added, I've tried the sample mission and the service menu doesn't allow for any pods other than fuel?

I still don't get how the FLIR pod is added, I've tried the sample mission and the service menu doesn't allow for any pods other than fuel?

The F-18F version has the FLIR pod if thats what youre talking about and only the copilot has access to it.

So here is the latest news. John and me are hard at work with new developments in the works. Our plan is to roll out both a small update for the F18 (version 1.7) and finally version 1.0 of the Su35s. Currently John and me will be taking a small holiday but then we are back to business to get these updates out. We are expecting to have them up in a week to two weeks time if all goes well. We will also be releasing PSD sample templates for the F18 (Su35 will come later) as well as Service Menu sample for other mod crews with tutorial. For now, enjoy pretty pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/knKzkaE.jpg (139 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/XVcT2LH.jpg (691 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/UGClNng.jpg (373 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/x4yR4zz.jpg (254 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/l7vPqyG.jpg (552 kB)

The retextures are nice, but that cockpit screenshot with the MFDs:

Seriously, congratulations on your progress, good fortune on the holiday going all well, and thank you for your plans re: the service menu!

The F-18F version has the FLIR pod if thats what youre talking about and only the copilot has access to it.

Ah gotcha. I was hoping for TV guidance as a pilot.

@All, as Saul stated new update is on the way.

- F/A-18's are getting a fix on MP false ejection issue

- F/A-18's are getting a new dark grey futuristic camo scheme to fit better with vanilla aircraft

- F/A-18's are getting a new cool afterburner animation

- F/A-18's are getting a new customization module/interface to be used in editor to reduce a need to mess with scripts and init code

- SU35 are getting a new set of 4 camo schemes [CSAT DES HEX, CSAT GREY HEX, RU SKY BLUE DIGI, RU GREY DIGI]

- SU35 are getting a new MFCD layout with working/functional screens

- SU35 are getting a new customization module/interface to be used in editor to reduce a need to mess with scripts and init code

- SU35 are getting a new Pilots manual and Service menu UI installed

- SU35 are getting a new flight model [half way towards PhysX implementation]

ETA week or two so keep an eye on the tread lads.

Ran into an issue with the GPS guidance. There's only a brief 2-3 second window to drop the GBU38's otherwise I have to unlock and lock again. For some reason I have to reapproach in order to get a new lock too. I cant just quickly lock and unlock anymore.

It also has to be awfully close, it would be nice to drop from higer altitudes.

@Hebrew hammer - GPS guidance upgrade is something we are looking to upgrade, but I am not sure that it will make into a next update package. Also JDAMS don't need the diamond lock, they will self guide once the square lock is acquired.

@Hebrew hammer - GPS guidance upgrade is something we are looking to upgrade, but I am not sure that it will make into a next update package. Also JDAMS don't need the diamond lock, they will self guide once the square lock is acquired.

Still had issues with the GPS coordinates being unreliable. If I came off it, I could not simply get another lock, I tried next target, empty target, every keybind related to targeting to try to get back on, but it seems like it needs a timeout before I can try to lock again. Square locks do not guide the JDAMs to their mark, I was only able to achieve hits with a diamond.

That's what I've experienced so far, just trying to relay that information to you.

Edited by The Hebrew Hammer

I have made a relyable JDAM script that's usable for Spartan's F/A-18. Tested throroughly in MP, giving no issues and works perfectly.

Accuracy is exactly as prescribed.

But since it needs a somewhat modified version of the PBO I will just send it on request. So send me a PMif you are interested.

The JDAM doesn't really fit well into BI's simple system for lock-on. LOAL Hellfires and JDAMS are similar in that you want to release the weapon before you get eyes on the target. BI's system does not work well for such weapons. I've been working on Hellfires for RWCO and ditching BI's lock-on and guidance made things a lot more flexible.

Having assisted with and tested Neptune's implementation, I can certainly recommend it as a starting point for a new implementation.