TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

Here's a better video showing the impact of my technique. It should be noted I'm at full military power (the Super doesn't have much push to begin with so I put the throttle to max) so my speed isn't always constant, etc.

Very well in parameters again. Couldnt see well since im looking at my phone. Will check on computer later. was that 15 degrees of dive angle? You were kinda perfect on 740 kmh and a valid release was on 800. Solid diamond was on about 750. It requires some interpolating but the numbers check out between the 10 and 20 degree of dive angle.

Now show us a 1200m altitude release.:yay:

And then tell me what the difference is between what NATOs command handbook says and what you do. Because I dont see the difference. ;)

Edited by 87th_Neptune

Well unfortunately due to speed that's when I release, approximately 700-500m AGL but that's not what I'm used to in Strike Fighters 2 at least where bomb dropping from a distance was greater.

And Saul could you make the Fox Super Hornet friendly for Single-player as well?

Edited by EricJ

After seeing this I think we can savely presume that BI have sort of lost the way when it comes to coming up with vehicles of war. I mean if you're gonna grant yourself the creative freedom to come up with some strike aircraft on your own instead of moddeling real life aircraft, come up with something awesome, menacing and mean looking. This, this looks like something both the F-18 and the SU-35 would eat alive, without a glass of milk. Why is so small and stumpy looking? A strike aircraft should be ugly and bulky, like the A10. Or sleek and mean like the SU-35. This is just.... whimpy.

Thank goodness for people like John Spartan, Saul and Peral :).

... because they seemingly based it off of the single-seater variant of a subsonic trainer, just like people have been speculating ever since the jet renders were first revealed?

They gotta stop thinking futuristic
You missed the boat on this for about three years now. Edited by Chortles

After seeing this I think we can savely presume that BI have sort of lost the way when it comes to coming up with vehicles of war. I mean if you're gonna grant yourself the creative freedom to come up with some strike aircraft on your own instead of moddeling real life aircraft, come up with something awesome, menacing and mean looking. This, this looks like something both the F-18 and the SU-35 would eat alive, without a glass of milk. Why is so small and stumpy looking? A strike aircraft should be ugly and bulky, like the A10. Or sleek and mean like the SU-35. This is just.... whimpy.

LOL yep take a look at the buzzard xD Gotta say i prefer this one over the buzzard but its still weak looking :/ Theyre making two free CAS jets in total so they have one more chance to make it right. They gotta stop thinking futuristic, 2035 doesnt mean all conventional vehicles will be gone, were still using cold war stuff these days. The trucks they made are also very NATO-ish in my opinion even if they belong to CSAT

... I mean if you're gonna grant yourself the creative freedom to come up with some strike aircraft on your own instead of moddeling real life aircraft, come up with something awesome, menacing and mean looking...

The problem is... this is a real life aircraft, I mean, its a fictious one-seater version of YAK-130 -> https://www.google.com.br/search?q=yak130&espv=210&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=juwMU9KII8e3rgeW0YCABw&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1751&bih=813 (or the Aeromacchi M346 http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aermacchi_M-346) it´s a trainer but a CAs plane too...

ArmA always had CAS airplanes as vanilla jets (A-10s and Su-25 for OPF, AV-8B for ArmA1, Av-8b, F-35, L-29 and A-10A for A2), they always rely on modders to do the BEASTs lol

As I´ve said, amen to that ;)

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Hey. I'm having trouble using the service menu online - Won't rearm with missiles etc.. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

;2631228']The problem is... this is a real life aircraft' date=' I mean, its a fictious one-seater version of YAK-130 -> [url']https://www.google.com.br/search?q=yak130&espv=210&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=juwMU9KII8e3rgeW0YCABw&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1751&bih=813[/url] (or the Aeromacchi M346 http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aermacchi_M-346) it´s a trainer but a CAs plane too..

Negative sir. Its a near perfect model of the L39 albtros.

We have 4 of these at the company I fly for. I was very happy to see them in Arma 3.

This is specifically one of ours:

http://www.skyline-aviation.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/Header/header-images/_91q1943.jpg (372 kB)

We have 4 of these at the company I fly for. I was very happy to see them in Arma 3.

http://www.skyline-aviation.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/Header/header-images/_91q1943.jpg (372 kB)

You must be mistaken for INDI's jet. The Buzzard is a form of the Albatross, upgraded to (159?) standards.

Ah srry. I thought this discussion was indeed about the buzzard.

Hey. I'm having trouble using the service menu online - Won't rearm with missiles etc.. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Need more details. What map, were you near the hangers or ammo truck (or not), does it involve the f18e or F or both?

Hey Saul, Any new's on updates coming for the f-18? I figured i would report this bug here as well, Noticed last night on air ops patrol, that if your base has refuel, repair, and rearm point set-up right where you plane comes through, it will give you unlimited fuel. Figured i would point that out if you wasn't aware of that. Great plane by the way.

As I'm still working on my combat fundamentals manual, due to the fighter jet addons which are getting more and more detailed, I created a training mission and two video's.

Here is my training mission, showing a 'skytunnel' to the release point. Proving the physics work as they should and thus Laser designation is not mandatory to get bombs on target. Just dicipline and training.

This video shows a 30 degrees dive bombing with bomb release at 1300m of altitude.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11221288/Manual%20release%20helpcues.mp4

In the following video I demostrate a 20 degree dive boming. You see me doing the calculations, planning and last second corrections.

A 1200m release altitude ends in a 770 meter release due to a screwed Tip-In.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11221288/Manual%20release%2020deg.mp4

Note: The Target bullseye is a 30 meter radius circle.

Edited by 87th_Neptune

As I'm still working on my combat fundamentals manual, due to the fighter jet addons which are getting more and more detailed, I created a training mission and two video's.

Here is my training mission, showing a 'skytunnel' to the release point. Proving the physics work as they should and thus Laser designation is not mandatory to get bombs on target. Just dicipline and training.

This video shows a 30 degrees dive bombing with bomb release at 1300m of altitude.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11221288/Manual%20release%20helpcues.mp4

In the following video I demostrate a 20 degree dive boming. You see me doing the calculations, planning and last second corrections.

A 1200m release altitude ends in a 770 meter release due to a screwed Tip-In.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11221288/Manual%20release%2020deg.mp4

Note: The Target bullseye is a 30 meter radius circle.

You running dumb bomb run's, or laser locks?

I did notice that, When engaging laser designator targets last night, That if you run over the shoulder of your designator operator, The GBU 12's are on target, always.

When released as close as possible to release parameters you will always have a direct hit, from any attack heading. (Notice the diamond will come up in the vicinity in that point in space.)

The bomb will have exactly the correct energy amount to steer to the target.

To much energy may end up in a long fall. Too little in a short fall. Even with guided bombs. We have this 'problem' IRL aswel.

My combat fundamentals manual will also include Level deliveries which more apply to GBU's.

Edited by 87th_Neptune

When released as close as possible to release parameters you will always have a direct hit, from any attack heading. (Notice the diamond will come up in the vicinity in that point in space.)

The bomb will have exactly the correct energy amount to steer to the target.

To much energy may end up in a long fall. Too little in a short fall. Even with guided bombs. We have this 'problem' IRL aswel.

Yeah long fall in 100 meters, Learned the hard way before you made that guide, took notes of good hits, air speed, meters and angle's. If you run in a server, woun't mind if i tagged along?

87th_Neptune, I was refering to the new CAS airplane BIS is introducing with the latest part of their campaign... the Buzzard is the L39, I know that sir! The new CAS plane is the YAK-130, just look at the video eurogamer did...

cheers!

AND we are staying on topic, we are staying on topic.

In other news, almost 100 pages for the F18 and Su35 thread. I know John and myself have been saying an update is on the way and I am finally confirming a date of this weekend Sunday the 9th we will be releasing an update for both the F18 and Su35. Cheers!