TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

Good to hear, thanks!

Hey Spartan and Saul,

I have question. I have been using the WarFX overhaul mod Blastcore A3 by Opticalsnare since he has released it. And this is causing the smoketrails from most missles fired by the F-18 and Su-35 to not be visible/abscent. Whenever I drop a bomb using the F-18 I also get this error message: No entry 'bin\config/CfgCloudlets.Mk82_Smoke_Slide_Light_01', and some other small weird anomalies. Now I don't know what is causing this exactly, and I know that you guys have already said that the misslebox is still WIP.

However (unfortionately) Opticalsnare will soon update WarFX blastcore for the last time because he's leaving the Arma series and therefore will stop modding it. So I was wondering, if this is something that might not be solved in the future for users of Blastcore, this could be the last oppertunity to coordinate anything with OS to solve it. Should that be nessicary ofcourse, because I don't know wether that's requires working together in any way.

I just thought I'd put it out there in case its something you guy's weren't yet aware of, or weren't planning to fix. Because I think it would be a bit of a shame.

Anyway, looking forward to the next update!

Edited by CyclonicTuna

When i was playing with this and landing it seems if i turned the SU-35 would almost Flip over. Possible bug? otherwise great mod and i Love the Eject animation!

Not sure if anybody has beaten me to asking this but is there any chance of seeing some form of cluster munitions later on? Just cant help but think how sweet some Mk 20's or maybe even CBU 97's would be on the hornet:cool:

@Phoronk, we are looking into better compatibility for track IR, had a brief discussion with Feint on this, but his setting values are not really fitting FA18's or SU35's. When I'll have more time and priorities will be done I'll get on to that as well. Thanks' for reminding mate.

@Oddie, I remember this question being asked. Sorry if we forgot to cover this, yes at some point there will cluster munitions, but again we want to sort out basic missile box first. If some other mod creates something earlier then it's an easy way to equip any other weapons on this model, it's designed customizable easily for a user/mission designer.

@Tuna and Hockeyfan, I looked at the specific error, it's definitely not FA18's. Since we have no custom FX for weapons used. We inherit all default effects for missiles and bombs from vanilla, and besides sounds we had no plans to tinker with effects.

As far as I know in A3 the effects are defined in two or even three versions to match your video quality settings, what it might be is the overhaul mod having all definitions on high, but some lower quality are 'forgotten", try changing all effects settings to max and see is the error still there. Also do you have similar error with buzzard? If yes then speak to blast core devs. Also if you would allow to look at your A3 RPT file I can see a bit more than just from initial post and try to figure it out.

@Negah, I cant promise mate, we had an initial idea of making a whole SU27 - SU35 range and A2 A3 versions, but now due to time running out, we cant really promise A2 version. Also A2 has already Gnats SU33's which are updated quite recently and are well made. Maybe mate.

I looked at the specific error, it's definitely not FA18's. Since we have no custom FX for weapons used. We inherit all default effects for missiles and bombs from vanilla, and besides sounds we had no plans to tinker with effects.

As far as I know in A3 the effects are defined in two or even three versions to match your video quality settings, what it might be is the overhaul mod having all definitions on high, but some lower quality are 'forgotten", try changing all effects settings to max and see is the error still there. Also do you have similar error with buzzard? If yes then speak to blast core devs. Also if you would allow to look at your A3 RPT file I can see a bit more than just from initial post and try to figure it out.

No that's the thing, I only get these weird anomalies and errors with the F-18. I've tried it with all aircraft even another modded one, the F-35 port over from Arma 2. Could you maybe give some more info on this RPT file? I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, but I'd like to help.

PM me if nessicary.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

@Tuna, look in to your C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Arma 3 and try to locate the latest *.*.rpt file [by date and time]. Its an error log that Arma engine generates and can be viewed in notepad easily. This is the best way to trace the error's origin.

@Tuna, look in to your C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Arma 3 and try to locate the latest *.*.rpt file [by date and time]. Its an error log that Arma engine generates and can be viewed in notepad easily. This is the best way to trace the error's origin.

Here's the latest .rpt file I could find in my Arma appdata. Hope this helps!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49454270/arma3_2014-01-16_17-38-41.rpt

Hi John,

Wow, what a great mod. Can't wait to see more from you and Saul.

Just one question. When we use the F/A-18s on our servers (we spawn them from the Virtual Vehicle System); kills do not register and other people can not see the registered skins from the service menu. Any idea as to what could be causing this?

Be well and keep up the good work,

Michael

I don't think it sets the texture Global, as that's a fairly new texture command. you can set them yourself with a script that executes something like:

_this setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18e_hull_vfa27cag_co.paa"];

I get this 2 errors in my .rpg and in arma3 when i join a server:

Warning Message: mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Vehicles/Item1968.vehicle: Vehicle class JS_FA18F no longer exists

Warning Message: mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Vehicles/Item1969.vehicle: Vehicle class JS_FA18F no longer exists

I see the aircraft ingame. What did i wrong? :(

@Numuerllen - I think the mission was created using old 1.0 version of FA18's. With 1.2 and higher version that clasname was updated and is JS_JC_FA18F. Open your mission.sqm file in your documents and manually replace it with new classname, that should fix the error mate.

Both units are very nice so far. Any plans to add the new dark grey VVS camo for the flanker.

First of, bear with me as I have no read the entire thread. So I don't know if this "feature" has already been requested. I could not find it under the planned features list.

We mostly use the 2 seat version, since it offers way better precision and has better surveillance capabilities. We have a small problem with the camera: While flying, it scrolls with the airplane. The faster the plane, the faster the scrolling. If the gunner wants to aim or keep looking at one point, he has to use his mouse to compensate the movement. While fireing on a "non-lock-on" target such as infantry, this can be a real problem, since the laser is also scrolling with the camera. Real world targeting pods however have the possibility to lock the camera on a certain view, keeping it fixed at that point.

Adding this would make it easier to aim and spot for the gunner.

MAA had this feature, so it should be possible to do with the arma engine?

@Stuffy - Apologies for the long waited reply. Currently we are working on updates for the Su35 and F18. What you are describing is something we haven't really run into yet so we will do some testing and see if we can't come up with a solution. Right now the plate is pretty full so any solution may not make it into the next update. A fixed camera is possible with the Arma engine however it will still need to be a simple solution to the problem to avoid the aircraft becoming script heavy and causing framerate issues in MP.

@Stuffy - Apologies for the long waited reply. Currently we are working on updates for the Su35 and F18. What you are describing is something we haven't really run into yet so we will do some testing and see if we can't come up with a solution. Right now the plate is pretty full so any solution may not make it into the next update. A fixed camera is possible with the Arma engine however it will still need to be a simple solution to the problem to avoid the aircraft becoming script heavy and causing framerate issues in MP.

Thanks for the response. I hope you understand the problem I'm describing, it's a bit hard to put into word. It's not a super-big issue, just a bit anoying and unrealistic. Looking forward to the next update ( even if it has no fix for that issue ;) ) and keep up the good work!

PS: Can we get a preview of the next update? What will definitly be in it?

First of, bear with me as I have no read the entire thread. So I don't know if this "feature" has already been requested. I could not find it under the planned features list.

We mostly use the 2 seat version, since it offers way better precision and has better surveillance capabilities. We have a small problem with the camera: While flying, it scrolls with the airplane. The faster the plane, the faster the scrolling. If the gunner wants to aim or keep looking at one point, he has to use his mouse to compensate the movement. While fireing on a "non-lock-on" target such as infantry, this can be a real problem, since the laser is also scrolling with the camera. Real world targeting pods however have the possibility to lock the camera on a certain view, keeping it fixed at that point.

Adding this would make it easier to aim and spot for the gunner.

MAA had this feature, so it should be possible to do with the arma engine?

You have to keep in mind though that a targeting pod isn't some magical camera which can zoom everywhere and see everything. A targeting pod also has its limits of how far it can move from side to side and up and down. That's why pilots have to maintain a wide loiter on high altitide when they do recon or do laser targeting. Because the higher you are, the less room to move the pod needs in order to cover a wide area.

You have to keep in mind though that a targeting pod isn't some magical camera which can zoom everywhere and see everything. A targeting pod also has its limits of how far it can move from side to side and up and down. That's why pilots have to maintain a wide loiter on high altitide when they do recon or do laser targeting. Because the higher you are, the less room to move the pod needs in order to cover a wide area.

Yes, I know that, but all modern pods can set Sensor Points of Interest (SPI). The targeting pod will pan until it hits its gimbal limits. Right now, the gunner can't do that. He has the scroll the camera to compensate the movement of the plane to keep locking at one point.

But I would be happy about this feature even if it came without gimbal limits and stuff ( In MMA (Mando Missile Addon) the camera also clipped into the plane ).

Edited by Stuffy

Testing out the su-35 and all I got to say is... is this some sorta joke?

What logic lies behind the decision to set the stall speed at 105km/h?

What logic lies behind the decision to limit cruise speed to 777km/h?

It's like I'm flying a fisher price (or maybe just battlefield) version of this jet and not something that attempts to convincingly model the actual aircraft's flight characteristics. Now I know the latter is technically impossible with the limitations of the arma engine but what we have here is just plain laughable.

@Flens

I think you might want to be a little more constructive in your criticism and a little less of what ever that was. ^^

@Flens

I think you might want to be a little more constructive in your criticism and a little less of what ever that was. ^^

Constructive? I pointed out obvious flaws in the design of this mod. How anyone can pretend like it makes any good sense for an airplane, THIS airplane no less, to behave the way it does is quite frankly beyond me.

It's so goddamned bad it comes around and goes full circle - becoming entertaining because of its awfulness - but having a jet flying 500km/h backwards isn't something I'd like to see in any of the missions my group plays.