TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

Some sort of AO would do it justice :P

Are you using Franze's interactive cockpit technology? It looks similar.

that is anything but O2 bulldozer/viewport. Are you being obnoxious just for the sake of it?

Some sort of AO would do it justice :P

that is anything but O2 bulldozer/viewport. Are you being obnoxious just for the sake of it?

Yes, but the two Screen design. But I asked them whether or not it's being used not if.

@Progamer - mate we do read other posts, and also me and Franze are keeping in touch for last two years - so YES we are aware of this concept and keen on it. Regarding will or will it not be implemented I cant tell you at this moment. As Saul earlier confirmed our game plan currently is to focus on SU35 model and basic stuff around it so we get a decent OPFOR aircraft out there first. By that time we are done Bi will be finished with their vanilla jets. So by that time will clearly know which way BI is taking fixed wing simulation and what is missing so then we can decide what's needs to be added/implemented. There is no point to rush and sacrifice quality because few are impatient. Also you have to consider that if lets say we spend time developing advanced afterburner script/effects and then after a month BI ads a more better one, so time wasted, so this is just one example why we are currently on staging pattern and working only on visual improvement's so when there is more clarity we just need to update code and done. We choose to deliver a basic mod and then upgrade it stage by stage, instead of working on it for a year and then releasing all finished. So please be patient, there is a good saying Progamer - PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE.

Also as stated earlier by Saul these are the confirmed features so far for FA18 and similar for SU35.

FEATURES

- New model for E/F

- HD textures

- Full realistic set of weapons models

- Afterburner

- Foldable wings

- Canopy animation

- Flares and radar warning system

- Fuselage vapour effects

- Engine exhaust effect

- Working mirrors in pilot/ WSO views in both E/F

- Master arms "SAFETY" feature

- Collision Lights and Formation Lights

- Night Vision HUD for night flying and taxi

- ATFLIR laser designator for WSO

- User interface via Service Menu allowing ordnance and paint scheme customization

- 19 Unit textures featuring CAG and LOW from various NAVY, USMC, and RAAF units.

- External Fuel Tank system

- Buddy Pod refuelling

What's Planned

- Service Menu tweaks

- New dynamic afterburner

- GPS/ INS system

- Upgraded cockpit

- Start-up animations

@PuFu SU35 will receive some cool stuff for those displays.

@All, there are plans taking these bad boys to a next level even further than concepts discussed but that will take time and a lot of work. When the right time comes we will announce our plans.

@Airborneguy, no I am not. Saul and me shared some stuff [ejection, service menu and some concepts] with Stiltman and Peral. This is a common practice between addon makers working on similar projects in this community.

@Chortles, do us a favour pal, please don't speak on our behalf on other treads. If there will be some news worth announcing then Saul or me will announce them here in this tread.

@Rory, mate, I will look in to creating some custom respawn modules included in both FA18 and SU35 with future updates to make the mission designers job much easier. Also I'll drop you a PM when we get closer to BEAT tests on SU35 so you can upgrade you missions to get OPFOR implemented.

Edited by John_Spartan

Hi John,

Thanks for that mate. I have been diligently working away on an F18 vs SU35 mission that is all ready to go once I get a copy of the new mod. All that's left to do is swap out the RedFOR F18s for su35s and then release.

The respawn module would be greatly appreciated but not imperitive. When u do get time to give it a go though there are two things that would be important to me in the design of it.

1 the ability to set spawn height.

2 the ability to set individual spawn points per plane, not just a master spawn area for all.

Oh and the ability to re utilise the original aircraft's init would also be handy.

Many thanks guys & keep up the absolutley outstanding work

*Edit* I also have a few scripts etc to set up once I have an early version of the SU so feel free to send on over something as soon as your ready, I wont release until you release public obviously thanks :)

Edited by rory_pamphilon

@Pufu - Ya AO in a render pass would of been good to do, but I was being lazy and didn't want to take the time to set it up. This is the high poly model and I am nearly at the point of working on the low.

@Progamer - mate we do read other posts, and also me and Franze are keeping in touch for last two years - so YES we are aware of this concept and keen on it. Regarding will or will it not be implemented I cant tell you at this moment. As Saul earlier confirmed our game plan currently is to focus on SU35 model and basic stuff around it so we get a decent OPFOR aircraft out there first. By that time we are done Bi will be finished with their vanilla jets. So by that time will clearly know which way BI is taking fixed wing simulation and what is missing so then we can decide what's needs to be added/implemented. There is no point to rush and sacrifice quality because few are impatient. Also you have to consider that if lets say we spend time developing advanced afterburner script/effects and then after a month BI ads a more better one, so time wasted, so this is just one example why we are currently on staging pattern and working only on visual improvement's so when there is more clarity we just need to update code and done. We choose to deliver a basic mod and then upgrade it stage by stage, instead of working on it for a year and then releasing all finished. So please be patient, there is a good saying Progamer - PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE.

Please don't be rushed guys. You're doing a stellar job if you ask me. And fast also, it took about 2 years after release for someone to mod a decent aircraft in Arma 2. Ofcourse, back then we had the F35 and A10, but by all means take you're time. Take all the time you need.

That's the upcoming OPFOR jet.

Not that new of a pic either

true, but I felt like sharing it with the other fans of the F18 mod!

Hey, as I heard You guys work over clickable F/A-18, I'd like to ask for the same thing as in the A-10C topic - a non-clickable version still available in the editor in the new version. Also, thanks for the aircraft - it's great, shame it doesn't look as amazing on my medium settings :(

Hello, my friend opened a server and the window of the cockpit does not appear, where from can result the problem?

@Ostrilium - I'll need some more detail on the error mate. can you please send me a screenshot or maybe a detailed info how the mission is set up and what other mods you lads use so I can track the issue and fix it if necessary.

I've got the F18 @JS_JC_FA18 installed and running but no loadouts. I see there's a sample loadout .SQF file but I'm not sure where or how to install it.

I'm guessing it goes into the userconfig file with the other .sqf's. But how to label the folder the sqf goes into? Just "JS_JC_FA18"?

Ok Sorry John_Spartan for my problem I asked my friend what version of F18 was installed, version 1.2 and i have 1.5 this is the problem.

@Cadmium77, please see the sample mission and README in the archive with the download of the mod. In that sample mission is clear example how to set up lodout scripts in mission startup. Also if you wish you can just place the aircraft next to hangar, reammo truck and allow player to change loadout via service menu himself.

@Ostrilium, ok glad you lads sorted it out. have fun.

Somehow my Afterburner sometimes automatically turns on, what is the key for the Afterburner?

EDIT: And on the Nimitz, where is the service point?

@Tike, please read the README page 7 regarding setup of your shortcut keys. Service points on Nimitz are near catapults 3/4 and refuel area near elevator's 1/2.

Thanks for the quick response, going to remove this shortcut as it is really annoying to me.

@Tike, no the shortcut will stay, that's why the manual describes how to enable/disable it. there are many pilots who prefer to not use action menu and these shortcuts are designed for this purpose.

What I meant is remove the keybinding from "Seagull fast forward", sorry if I didn't express myself correctly.

SUKHOI SU-35S FLANKER E BETA RELEASE

SU35_PROMO_1_zps4b5b5638.jpg

End of the year, and as promised Santa have brought some new toys we would like to share. Hope everyone had nice Christmas and is looking forward to New 2014.

Su-35S is a OPFOR multirole fighter we decided to add since there still is massive demand for an adversary to F/A-18's. So what does this addon contains and what we are looking to implement in future. I'll briefly due to lack of time today.

Our release ended up delayed and not at the stage as we expected, but lack of time and change of concept made impact. In beginning we had an idea of collaborating with someone and upgrade an existing model, but Saul and me realized that old A1 and A2 models are no longer matching the quality requirement's so decision was made to create a brand new model. So we took our time to build a new model which is still about 75% complete, and will be updated. Saul has outdone himself this time with and awesome HD set of textures and there is more of the beauty and detail to be added latter on.

FEATURES

- New model [cockpit still needs some work and detail]

- HD textures [two additional paint schemes will be added latter]

- Full realistic set of weapons models [WITH NEXT UPDATES]

- Afterburner

- Canopy animation

- Flares and radar warning system

- Fuselage vapour effects

- Engine exhaust effect

- Working mirrors in pilot view

- Master arms "SAFETY" feature

- Fuel drop sequence and auxiliary fuel support [WITH NEXT UPDATES]

- Aerial refuelling from SU-35S with “buddy pod†[WITH NEXT UPDATES]

- Ejection sequence simulation

- Collision Lights and Formation Lights

- Fully animated HD cockpit [WITH NEXT UPDATES]

- Built in Service Menu for ordinance and aircraft paint scheme customization [WITH NEXT UPDATES]

- 3 different paint schemes [WITH NEXT UPDATES]

unnamed_zps3ca6f107.jpg

[su-35S over Altis, screenshot by Don Welch]

There are things that still need some work and are mostly delayed because of lack of RL references and resources on this airframe. So please be patient and it will be fixed with next updates.

KNOWN ISSUES

- MFD screens in cockpit still are WIP

- Cockpit markings and animations still are WIP

- HUD needs some tweaking

- Weapons like LGB's and AS missiles need to be added

- GUI "service menu" is still WIP, only rearming feature is fully functional

- Aerial refuelling is WIP

- Sounds need some tweaking

- Some shadows might be a bit off

If there is anything else you notice that should be fixed please send us your feedback. Also Screenshots would be appreciated for usage in upcoming manual.

CREDITS

ARMA 3 game engine: Bohemia Interactive

Project lead: Saul

Brand new model: Saul and John_Spartan

HD textures: Saul

GUI dialog by: John_Spartan

Config and scripts by: John_Spartan

Advisers: Gnat

And of course all the community members for being so kind and posting valuable information/tutorials and solutions about how to mod this game.

END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT

DISCLAIMER

You are permitted to install and use this software for personal entertainment purposes only. This add-on is meant for ARMA 3 game platform by Bohemia Interactive only. Any commercial or military use is strictly forbidden without permission from the author.

This addon is released under:

Creative Commons Licence

Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs

cc_licence_logo_zps2fd557d7.png

for use in ARMA 3

DOWNLOAD LINKS

news_donwload_oa_4.png

DOWNLOAD FROM ARMAHOLIC

[thank's Foxhound, much apriciated]

And thank's to James we have a small demo video up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2difsjJk4FQ

Thank you and Happy New Year to all of you!

Spartan out.

Edited by John_Spartan

OMG! very NIIIIICE!

PS! Can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEASE release an original, non-stolen scripted, fully working Tornado for Arma, this game has been around for years and still no final plane! hint hint!:p

Whenever I try to download it from any link it downloads not as a folder but a notepad document. Is it supposed to be this way and if so please include a more detailed description of how to correctly install it.