TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

i dont think you guys need to do anything for HRP..

all you need to do is have Feint include this in his next update

class Plane;

class JS_JC_FA18E: Plane

{

class ViewPilot: ViewPilot

{

initFov = 1;

minFov = 0.3;

maxFov = 1.2;

initAngleX = 0;

minAngleX = -75;

maxAngleX = 85;

initAngleY = 0;

minAngleY = -170;

maxAngleY = 170;

minMoveX = -0.2;

maxMoveX = 0.2;

minMoveY = -0.025;

maxMoveY = 0.1;

minMoveZ = -0.2;

maxMoveZ = 0.2;

};

};

class JS_JC_FA18F: Plane

{

class ViewPilot: ViewPilot

{

initFov = 1;

minFov = 0.3;

maxFov = 1.2;

initAngleX = 0;

minAngleX = -75;

maxAngleX = 85;

initAngleY = 0;

minAngleY = -170;

maxAngleY = 170;

minMoveX = -0.2;

maxMoveX = 0.2;

minMoveY = -0.025;

maxMoveY = 0.1;

minMoveZ = -0.2;

maxMoveZ = 0.2;

};

};

class Plane_Base_F;

at least that is what i did to @HRP and it works fine.. I have been flying that way for a bit now works.

@Lordprimate = I believe we will have to include this as I saw a post from Feint stating that if he includes the F18 in the config he will create a mod dependency.

Please make a super detailed A-10 :) with some realistic armor on that baby! we love your work! keep it up!

Please don't make requests, request belong in the addon request thread.

On topic, nice looking SU-35 that would be great again the FA-18 :)

uhuh great job, looks almost better than F18 in those photos!

Got one question: mirrors in F18 are flickering ( caused by sli http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=436 ) but I noticed that some mirrors in some bis vehicles don't flicker anymore ( ex. hatckback ) while others still do ( ex. hunter ) . So I think is something into the p3d or in the config that make mirrors flickering! Don't know if you can make something about this but use sli while flying would be a little boost for my fps ( now I've to disable it before use F18 ). I'm available for some test if you need and you can understand what this is caused by!

thank you

@Lordprimate = I believe we will have to include this as I saw a post from Feint stating that if he includes the F18 in the config he will create a mod dependency.

just to be sure i launched my game with my modified @HRP. no dependencies. I am almost absolutely sure that is not the case. I did ask if you would be including this a while back, but i was also mistaken I think that you may have mis read his post as well. check again, if you want to make it a requirement you can add the config name, "HeadRangePlus" in the , "requiredAddons[] = {};". in "Your" mods config. that is when you create a dependency. what he said was you can give him the values you want to use for him to include in his next update or let him do it, the more time consuming way.

i launched Arma 3 just fine. hopped in a heli (because i removed the f-18) and no errors, or problems. but if you add "HeadRangePlus" to your requiredAddons[] = {}; then there will be a dependency. in my modified version of @HRP i "did not" add the config name for your plane into the requiredAddons[] = {}; of @HRP. so no dependency.

either way it works on my end right now, and i am honestly just trying to inform you of a possible misunderstanding, i look forward to the next update and the new plane looks very nice!!

Thanks for your hard work. with the new tools im sure things are coming along a bit better??

Edited by Lordprimate

John/Saul,

Loving the SU35, that looks awesome! Just to let you know im preparing a version of my mission that's F18 vs SU35. Cant wait to switch all the placeholder buzzards to SU35 to test it out :)

All the best, Rory

@All = Glad to see all the positive feedback. We are working diligently on the Su-35s to try and get it out before the end of the year. Stay tuned as more pretty pictures and maybe a video or two will be soon to follow.

I don't know why but when I launch off the Nimitz in the "E" model I don't have an option to raise my gear. Works fine in the "F" model. :confused:

i dont think you guys need to do anything for HRP..

all you need to do is have Feint include this in his next update...

Wouldn't it be cleaner to just set those values in the F-18's config? That way people wouldn't need to have HRP installed to have nice 6DOF settings. It seemed to me that was Feint's intention with HRP, anyway.

Hey guys just stopping in to say 1. Thanks for an awesome fixed wing craft top notch. 2. Idk if its even possible or what kind of headache it would be, and most definitely can wait till after work Su-35 is done, is to have the ability to set off smoke trails like they do at airshows, possibly use the gui yall created to allow to pick color as well. As I stated Idk if its possible but considering how well done the smoke effects are in this i think would be neat, as a few of my clan mates love flying in formations and pushing our luck with stunts. If not oh well understand just thought I'd put it out there.

Wouldn't it be cleaner to just set those values in the F-18's config? That way people wouldn't need to have HRP installed to have nice 6DOF settings. It seemed to me that was Feint's intention with HRP, anyway.

in that case please disregard everything i just said

I saw this video by Rock on his Eurofighter Typhoon mod for Arma 2.

He seems to have implemented pretty nice engine flame and afterburner shaders for his mod (which is pretty much finished now). He's also planning on making another Eurofighter for Arma 3 specifically. So maybe it would be an idea to keep an eye on him, and try to work something out where you guys could help each other out from time to time. Or maybe even start projects together.

Anyway, the least he could do is give you guys some advice when he starts modding in Arma 3, on how to implement a nice afterburner, and maybe some other things like a HUD and flares, which he's also pretty good at.

Just trying to help out ;)

Hello saul and jhon.

Feedback of the last version : awesome ! Even if i miss how to be air refueled by a friend in MP . XD my bad ><"

Request : There is no information about air radar lock ! I mean if an enemy is trying to lock our aircraft we have 0 information so we are informed about a danger only when the missile is departing from the other aircraft or from a launcher.

With the AH-99 blackfoot we have this information.

It could be great to also have it in the F-18 and the future russian Aircraft.

Thanks for reading me.

Edited by izaiak

Hello saul and jhon.

Feedback of the last version : awesome ! Even if i miss how to be air refueled by a friend in MP . XD my bad ><"

Request : There is no information about air radar lock ! I mean if an enemy is trying to lock our aircraft we have 0 information so we are informed about a danger only when the missile is departing from the other aircraft or from a launcher.

With the AH-99 blackfoot we have this information.

It could be great to also have it in the F-18 and the future russian Aircraft.

Thanks for reading me.

Im fairly sure the target blinks yellow when its targeting you in the fa-18 the targets were doing this for me when i just figured out yesterday how to get the missile box in hte aircraft and what it was and decided to out fit my aircraft with a bunch of gryphons and gbu-31s very fun also weird thing for me whenever im bombing a vehicle i will randomly get a lock on for the bomb and sometimes i wont does the fa/18 have a forward facing laser or something and if so how do you aim it ? (btw you you should post wither on here or armaholic how to use the missile box because i went several months without knowing and only figured out because i was flipping through posts)

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

just remembered what i came here for in the first place when you set your aircraft to the virtual bombing run node in editor when it spawns it has no speed and drops out the sky nose first i dont know if its a code issue or what but its annoying plz fix

@ merc591: The laser requires the ATFLIR pod which currently only the F/A-18F two-seater supports in the mod; that's why its default loadout has three AMRAAMs to the F/A-18E's four.

@ merc591: The laser requires the ATFLIR pod which currently only the F/A-18F two-seater supports in the mod; that's why its default loadout has three AMRAAMs to the F/A-18E's four.

i know im talking about flying the single seater and getting the standard lock square and diamond (not the square and circle laser designation) when dropping my jdams such as GBU variants

@Merc - Ummm... I'm not sure which weapons you are talking about. We do not have any "gryphon" missiles in the box, and GBU-31's are 2000 lbs JDAMS which are satellite guided (GPS/ INS is still in the works). Second the radar and aiming system is BIS default. Third there is a readme that comes with the addon which explains the built in missile box and service menu. Fourth, the missile box is still a work in progress. Currently it is about 60% where we want it to be. We have slowed it's development to see where BIS goes with helicopter and fixed wing flight and combat.

@Merc - Ummm... I'm not sure which weapons you are talking about. We do not have any "gryphon" missiles in the box, and GBU-31's are 2000 lbs JDAMS which are satellite guided (GPS/ INS is still in the works). Second the radar and aiming system is BIS default. Third there is a readme that comes with the addon which explains the built in missile box and service menu. Fourth, the missile box is still a work in progress. Currently it is about 60% where we want it to be. We have slowed it's development to see where BIS goes with helicopter and fixed wing flight and combat.

i meant agm-84 i think their name was something like that (the bigger atgms) but i guess not and also how do you aim the satellite guided ones because they only work half of the time for me

---------- Post added at 00:24 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

they seem to favor the left side of the crosshair but that might just be me the Jdams

@Merc - check the read me for it is the F18 manual. It has everything there. The AGM-84D Harpoon missile is an anti-ship missile. JDAMs right now are dump bombs with no guidance as the GPS/ INS systems in not implemented in the F18 as of yet.

@Merc - check the read me for it is the F18 manual. It has everything there. The AGM-84D Harpoon missile is an anti-ship missile. JDAMs right now are dump bombs with no guidance as the GPS/ INS systems in not implemented in the F18 as of yet.

then how am i getting locks even with the standard arma lock on in game i shouldnt be getting lock ons with dumb bombs when im around 2000m altitude and diving about 400km on a targ it locks on just as the atgms with the standard arma 3 square and diamond lock on and it guides itself to the targ i have tried this with all the bomb types and works for all

Edited by merc591