TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

@Astrospud, I believe the issue you are having with tail hook might be explained very simple - "tail hook down" action is available only if gear is down in mid air. In mid air, with gear up even if you have mapped the keys it wont appear, lower the gear and action appears.

Are you looking to add a different armament for the Su-35?

@Brad, SU35 will receive similar lead-out variations as FA18 [service menu]. Based on basic Russian air weapons currently available for this aircraft.

I keep having a bug where IF I eject, all is fine, till seat separation, my parachute deploys with out me on it, in turn falling to my death. No matter speed (tried at 900, 150, and 330, all the same, eject fine till seat then I just fall out,) Using the Fighter Pilot, If I use the BIS Pilot with parachute on back I am able to deploy it and obviously parachute fine, but the seat seems glitched

Hi John, Thanks for the reply. I tried the to lower the tail hook on approach to Nimitz. No joy.

I fly the Superbug in FSX and I "dirty up" before I reach to left turn off the bow. Hook down first, then flaps reduce speed on the turn and gear down. I understand this may not be within the sphere of concern in this simulation of the jet, so if it means gear down first, I'll give that a go. I'll report back with any findings.

@Astrospud, I believe the issue you are having with tail hook might be explained very simple - "tail hook down" action is available only if gear is down in mid air. In mid air, with gear up even if you have mapped the keys it wont appear, lower the gear and action appears.

How to unbind the keys? Since it interferences with my current flying layout. I try to land and Afterburner switches to on...

nvm: Page 7 on the manual...

regards

Edited by Spectrobr

Greetings! Hi, im a big fan of your addon but i ran into a slight issue while testing out some stuff with a friend of mine. We were trying to utilize the F-18 F version in tanker-configuration to Air-to-Air refuel some other plane than the counterpart E-version. It works fine so far with the E-version, very nice work. Much appreciated. But as i said before we were trying to get it to work with another plane, the RKSL-Typhoon working with AIA, since it also already has a probe and incorporated refuel-capability. However we couldn't get it to work.. the F-18 tanker showed the option to "refuel at buddy-pod" but upon choosing it, always said "refuel probe must be extended". So basically it didn't recognized the Eurofighters fuel-probe.. So i asked the RKSL-Team what could be the issue there and he said that it could be related to the specific animation-handlers and the calling of them. He mentioned that they were using the ones incorporated into the Feint-refuel addon as they were kinda standardised to get it to work on multiple aircrafts. At least thats the way i got it.. so my question is if this is a thing wich can be fixed/added to your gorgeous addon to make it even better as to being able to use it with other aircrafts as well. I think that would greatly enhance the usability. Cheers, H4n

@H4nSOLO

Thanks for a kind word. First question does in RL Eurofighter and FA18 refuel drogue/probe systems are compatible. Newer thought of that, needs some research.

When it come to ARMAVERSE, yes idea as such could be possible once a A3 version of RKSL Eurofighter is released. Please remaind me then add this to our TO DO list.

Till that as we stated previously we support/maintain compatibility only A3 purpose built add-ons on A3 platform [AIA is a downgrade of a beautiful A3 engine with a lots of issues, which we decided not to support].

Also I hope feint will rework his Aerial Refuelling Module eventually to A3 to make it easier for this to happen.

Rgr, thanks for the quick reply. Will do.

And as Rock from RKSL put it: "As for a Native ArmA3 version - now the tools are out and I have access to my main Workstation again it wont be long at all."

So hopefully we won't have to wait that long "at all" .. ;b

OK, had another bash at the tailhook. Still doesn't respond to mapped HOTAS input, but I now get a menu option to lower it, which seems to work.

Gear down, on approach to carrier, joystick input to lower the hook should respond, shouldn't it? Does it only lower in a specified airspeed range?

I'm experiencing some issues with the mod in it's current form. After I've turned on the engine, the afterburner turns on and off randomly. Only happens when going beyond 50(?)Kp/h. Not entirely sure on that. Something that also happens is the tailhook going up and down at random. When I'm approaching for instance the Nimitz, and want to lower the tailhook, it goes back up pretty much immediately after. I'm not playing with a joystick or anything, Just K&M. Anyone know what might be the problem?

@Melvin - Have you changed the key bindings for Afterburner and Tailhook which should be E and S by default. These are the keys for Seagull fast forward and back under the development tab in controls.

@Saul Thanks man, that fixes it. Because I both use E and S for flying, it probably kept activating both of them. Changing the hotkeys around fixed it.

@Saul :

Can we change the sound of the ejection seat ? If it's possible, how can we do that please ?

Is there something special to do to get the skin working? Its not broadcasted over the network?

Thanks for help!

Edited by Clawhammer

Just a quick heads up with what's happening on our projects. Saul and me been busy with our new creation and this what we have at the moment.

SU35_testflight_zps7ca468e7.jpg

Haha good work keeping up the foreign relations guys. Will be nice to see.

Could it be possible for you if it is not a big work to release a version with the HRP function?

That would be super tera great.

hello there

this animate ["tailhook",1]; works, but i can't find the animation for gearUp or gearDown... someone?

greetz

All i can say is great mod so far, however my Tailhook refuses to lower. I've bound the key for seagull Back and and it simply refuses to work. Am i missing an addon for it? Also the NightVision just turns my HUD white, is that normal?

@Peybolman - We will be releasing a small (and I mean small) update to the F18 with HRP included, stay tuned.