TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

So I figuered it out, I indeed had to press "R", thanks rory_pamphilon. But now I have another question/suggestion. It seems to me when using the AMRAAM, it is a little to easy for the Buzzard planes to shake them off using flares. As far as I know, the AIM-120 uses semi active rader homing to track its target, and a couple of flares shouldn't be to much of a problem.

I can remember in a game that I adored very much, Ace Combat 6, when using the AIM-120, a circle appeard on the HUD which you had to use to track the target giving the missle almost a 100% hit rate. And the only effective counter measure to this sort of weapon is powerfull jamming.

So maybe its an idea to add a a similair system to the F-18 and SU-35, an ability to guide the missle on the target. I believe the real AMRAAM actually seeks out the target using the illumination of the airplane, and then turns on its own radar to guide it towards the target, so its sort of an semi-fire and forget missle.

Maybe a secondary countermeasure in the form of a powerfull jamming rader that you can light up for maybe 30 sec, but then has to recharge for a couple of minutes.

The Slammer actually is fire & forget. Is fully active and not semi active.

It could receive and upadte on the position, to adjust. IRL you can setup at what distance you want to enable his own radar that way you don't give a chance to the enemy to react with counter mesures.

That being said, I think ARMA does not model radar detection system.

Is there a way to remove the hotkeys you have? I can't stand having A/B as E since that's rudder now and having S as lower and raise tailhook is also very annoying since im using that to adjust my attitude on final. Thanks for the help!

Hey guys,

congrats on the 1.5 release.

Awesome work so far! While testing, we encountered serveral issues regarding the external tanks though.

All planes were flown by human players on a dedicated server. We were using v1.5 of the mod, in combination with CBA, JayArma3Lib and ACRE.

1. Issue: When i refueled my F/A-18E on my buddies F/A18F he had no additional tanks except the buddypod equipped. So the refueling action returned me the correct message: The "tanker" had no fuel to pass.

So the plane disconnected and everything seemed fine. On my F/A18E i had three external tanks equipped. The plane did no longer consume any fuel while flying around even with activated afterburner.

I noticed that and went to see what would happen when i drop all tanks. The pods were dropped, in the IGUI they were still shown though and the plane continued flying emmission-free ;)

2. Issue: Later, same session same conditions. I got in an F/A 18F with 4 tanks and the buddypod. I refueled two buddys (F/A18Es) who had no external tanks equipped. It all worked fine, but returning to base again my plane did not burn any fuel.

Maybe you could look into that, a plane with infinite fuel makes refueling a little pointless ;)

Great work on the eject function by the way.

The WSO on F/A-18F can't eject when the pilot is out already. Is it meant to be like that? Works perfectly the other way around.

Greetings from the niCe-Team.eu-Community

Keep the good work coming!

Ok lets sort it out one by one. Since Saul is on family holiday and I am all in Flanker's animations and flight model, we don't have that much time at the moment to respond to all posts.

@Nice_Kuehl - thanks great feedback wery detailed. Added to my to do list, on next coop session we will simulate this and see what can be done with the next update.

@Bruce - I belive this tread here is Sickboys play with six project main tread. So please post your request there, to get it updated, thanks.

@SuperSix - yes it can be disabled, please reed page 7 in README included with this mod.

@All - WEAPONS and TAB LOCK. Ok My current game plan is to wait and see where BIS is taking fixed wing simulation in A3. So by the end of this year will have NATO and OPFOR jets available. To add them BIS will need to update simulation for fixed wing. I am hoping that there will small config adjustments to separate radar/IR/GPS/LGB targets and weapon lock with same old TAB LOCK. TAB lock is not bad in general, just a bit more detailed separation between target and weapon types is need. If BIS wont add that then we will return to this subject. At the moment all weapons config is based on counterparts on BIS weapon's just better looking. Please remember that this is not a flight sim but a combined arms game. DCS is something that some of you lads might be interested if you do not wish to wait.

@All - Ejection. First of all pilots manual is coming soon with next update. That should reduce the need for this feature in general. Regarding MP ejection [lack of time and my personal knowledge of new A3 MP framework] is deliberately manual for pilot and WSO. In SP sequence is fully automatic once one crew member activates it. Will be overlooked when I'll get better at MP scripting.

@Petsfeed - TI textures is WIP, will be added latter on the go.

Edited by John_Spartan

Just a heads up John about the new command that should be added in the stable branch soon, setObjectTextureGlobal. It's already added in the dev build.

hey guys, any way we can hope for some head Range Plus support in the config?? Feint has explained and posted up exactly what has to be added to the config.. *crosses fingers*

It would be a nice addition to flying your masterpiece!

@LordPrimate = We are looking into HRP, :D

Just a heads up John about the new command that should be added in the stable branch soon, setObjectTextureGlobal. It's already added in the dev build.

great this is something worth downloading DEV branch to check out - this can sort out MP issue with people not seeing each others selected skins

That being said, I think ARMA does not model radar detection system.
Pretty much, Arma 3 vanilla is just a "magical radar" for detection/acquisition, with only infrared homing and semi-active laser homing for weapons guidance methods, and only "flares" for catch-all countermeasures... if I recall, this was part of why Saul and John_Spartan weren't doing up a Growler... especially with the Su-35 as their new project.

@all - As far as our built in missilebox I can say this much, as John stated earlier. Once the GPS/ INS system is in place for the GBU-30 family JDAMs that will be pretty much it as far as any major changes for a while. That is unless BI becomes magical fairies and delivers detailed separation between target and weapon types which is sorely needed. Ideally we would love to have proper weapon systems for both aircraft (F18 and Su35 for those not paying attention) but it is just not possible now with how much the mod has grown.

A few weeks back you told us that you where working on a high resolution template... have an ETA on that? I am currently working on a CF18 skin, should I wait for the template?

Cheers,

Nixon

@all - As far as our built in missilebox I can say this much, as John stated earlier. Once the GPS/ INS system is in place for the GBU-30 family JDAMs that will be pretty much it as far as any major changes for a while. That is unless BI becomes magical fairies and delivers detailed separation between target and weapon types which is sorely needed. Ideally we would love to have proper weapon systems for both aircraft (F18 and Su35 for those not paying attention) but it is just not possible now with how much the mod has grown.

@Saul The GLT missilebox to Arma 2 seems to work well in Arma 3. There is a system of GPS / INS very good.

@All - So this past week has been very busy for John and me as we are neck deep in Su-35 development. Work will continue on the F/A-18's however we will not be releasing an update anytime soon as to implement much of the improvements and new features we will need the ARMA3 mod tools and time. The Su-35s Flanker-E is coming along beautifully and the screenshots below will attest to that. Enjoy!!!

oo49.jpg

3uhz.jpg

grg4.jpg

n96z.jpg

o6vu.jpg

t3y3.jpg

ocb2.jpg

Awesome mod, I love it. Is there any way we can change what loadout the service menu gives us?

Hello folks, just started playing around with this mod and I hoped someone will be able to help me.

I have a Warthog HOTAS and am trying to configure inputs for the SH. Throttle seems to stick in full, even when I have both +ve and -ve directions mapped for analogue throttle. What am I doing wrong?

Also, are the "Brakes' referring to wheel brakes or speed brakes in the config?

Is anyone one else using the Warthog for Air assets?

Thanks in advance.

Hello folks, just started playing around with this mod and I hoped someone will be able to help me.

I have a Warthog HOTAS and am trying to configure inputs for the SH. Throttle seems to stick in full, even when I have both +ve and -ve directions mapped for analogue throttle. What am I doing wrong?

Also, are the "Brakes' referring to wheel brakes or speed brakes in the config?

Is anyone one else using the Warthog for Air assets?

Thanks in advance.

The Warthog? Is that the one with two throttles that you can seperate? If so, check if you mapped them both for the analogue throttle because I don't think Arma supports 2 seperate engine configs.

@Astro - Honostly I don't know what would be causing your problems. I find ARMAs flight physics to be simple enough to use mouse and keyboard. I do know that "Brakes" refer to wheel brakes.

I enjoyed the hell outta this ~~

Can someone tell me how to operate the safety btw?

Edited by KingScuba

Thanks for the responses.

I got some help over TS the other night. It turns out that throttle is controlled by the forward 50% of deflection of throttle (whichever is bound, left or right) and the aft 50% of deflection controls "braking": this refers to both WoW and Spoilers in flight.

As for the 2 throttle quads, I only need to map one, as long as the other isn't bound to anything I am ok with it in locked position.

Being a long time sim fan, I find mouse and k/b a bit unnatural. Just what I'm used to I suppose. Plenty of good flyers out there who use mouse and k/b.

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

Got it tweaked, flying like it should be...just having trouble getting tail hook to work.

I have AB mapped fine on my China hat forward, and China hat back is mapped to tail hook.

AB works, but tail hook doesn't. I tested it on the ground and also on landing approach to the Nimitz.

Tail hook doesn't want to move.

I have them mapped as per page 7 of the manual. Any ideas?

7E8C40C0C6F0037B5EF11FDED601918ED984007C

Edited by astrospud

@astrospud, Its good to see that people are trying diffrent set ups and hardware, it only improve's the game in the long term by reporting issues and problems. I myself actually have an Saitek X52 on order, can't wait to try that puppy in Arma :D.