TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

@ ProGamer: On the contrary, Boeing's currently pitching the Super Hornet to your government as a CF-18 successor, since your government's reevaluating the F-35 acquisition program and looking at data/options from Eurofighter, Dassault, Saab, and Boeing; right now the only Super Hornet users are the US Navy and the Royal Australian Air Force.

Hi John/Saul,

Just wondering if you can help, im setting up some music triggers on my mission but for some reason the triggers aren't detecting an F18 going through them. The trigger works when I fly through in an AH9 yet not in the F18, any idea why this is?

Any way around the issues just now? how do u detect modded vehicles in a trigger? Currently got it set to once and detect anybody but no joy.

Thanks

VERSION 1.5 RELEASE

Refer to original post and README file for all major information.

DOWNLOAD

README v1.5

Sitrep:

Ok, with a delay for various reasons we can finally say here it is - version 1.5 of these "bad boys". Due to few RL events and setbacks [sauls PC tanked] we were delayed on this one.

This is not even near a final FA18 version we would like to see. Eventually you will see more updates coming on this one. At the moment we are putting all our efforts in SU35 project to get it out on same level as FA18 till Xmas. After both will be kept up to date with various tweak's.

Change Log:

v1.5 - Updated 10-11-13

- texture's and rvmats updated

- fuel drop sequence added

- aerial refuelling possibility added [from F/A-18 F equipped with "buddy pod"]

- IGUI with custom icons and info

- Ejection function updated

- compatibility with JDog's & TeTeT Nimitz mod for ArmA 3 added

- small bug fixes/code optimization

- some small weapons config tweak's

- custom pilot added with more realistic gear [Fighter Pilot under NATO/Man]

- HUD crosshair alignment fixed [now spot on for dogfighting]

- Small tweaks on pilots and gunners animations

Also some of the features like ejection script is still WIP so please post feedback and we will update the functions and make them more realistic and in game style like.

Enjoy !!!

Spartan out.

Edited by John_Spartan

Nice one. The menu, ejection and all is really great. The ejection doesn't seem to work on the F/A 18E, though.

Nice one. The menu, ejection and all is really great. The ejection doesn't seem to work on the F/A 18E, though.

Was talking to JS on this very subject just minutes ago. It's a WIP.

**edit and was talking to JS even more recently. :) He says make sure you got the most recent version and try again. You might have grabbed an old version.

Edited by Tankbuster

**edit and was talking to JS even more recently. :) He says make sure you got the most recent version and try again. You might have grabbed an old version.

Ha, turns out I got v1.5 from the same download link that says v1.51 now. Hmmm...

@13isLucky, you were the first one to get the file, I was still updating the post and all links [by mistake you ended up getting the wrong one], happens. So now your FA18 E ejection is working?

check @06:00 min of this video to see ejection on E model working

[video by TankBuster]

Edited by John_Spartan

Ejection is always working for me with the E version.

@Saul : We don't know why we encounter this problem now the FLIR is working correctly. At higher altitude some have difficulty to lock their own laser but it is maybe a game limitation ?

Edit : i just saw the message of spartan. So this is why it is working for me xD.

Edited by izaiak

@13isLucky, you were the first one to get the file, I was still updating the post and all links [by mistake you ended up getting the wrong one], happens. So now your FA18 E ejection is working?

Yup, works perfectly now.

Quick question. Is the lock on for weapons still set to default "T"? Because I was playing a mission and I couldn't lock on with any of the weapons. Please help.

Thanks.

@Spartan, That's strange because that doesn't seem to work for me either. Do I have to re-assign the tab key for "lock on"?

Thank you very much for informing about the updated release! :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (John_Spartan) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Hello,

About track 6dof support for the fa-18

There is a guy (Feint) who already made a mod for 6DOF support in helis and planes and it is great. I asked him to add the fa-18 to his 6dof moded plane list.

He said:

"As for adding this to the FA-18 addon, that would add a dependency to this addon which I want to avoid. But if the creators of that aircraft want tips on how to enable this, I'll be happy to supply them."

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168314-Head-Range-Plus-Improved-TrackIR-Movement

It would be great to have 6dof added to both of your mods, the fa18 and the future su-35.

Hi!

I love this mod, time to fly!

It appears that the thermal textures are corrupted or otherwise not correct on the default F/A-18F. This is easy to see by setting yourself as the gunner, then looking at the LGB closest the FLIR module, in thermal vision mode. Is this just me, or is this a real thing?

Edited by petsfed
Got the model code wrong

I've try them, that's a great job :) about modelling and scripting !

A bug that I can tell you : only one pilot on two is ejected with the F version when I press "eject".

So I figuered it out, I indeed had to press "R", thanks rory_pamphilon. But now I have another question/suggestion. It seems to me when using the AMRAAM, it is a little to easy for the Buzzard planes to shake them off using flares. As far as I know, the AIM-120 uses semi active rader homing to track its target, and a couple of flares shouldn't be to much of a problem.

I can remember in a game that I adored very much, Ace Combat 6, when using the AIM-120, a circle appeard on the HUD which you had to use to track the target giving the missle almost a 100% hit rate. And the only effective counter measure to this sort of weapon is powerfull jamming.

So maybe its an idea to add a a similair system to the F-18 and SU-35, an ability to guide the missle on the target. I believe the real AMRAAM actually seeks out the target using the illumination of the airplane, and then turns on its own radar to guide it towards the target, so its sort of an semi-fire and forget missle.

Maybe a secondary countermeasure in the form of a powerfull jamming rader that you can light up for maybe 30 sec, but then has to recharge for a couple of minutes.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Maybe you should try mandos missiles for A2? And i thought chaffs were the anti radar countermeasures?