TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

Hi John,

Sorry to be a pain but any chance you could repost the init lines exactly how you use them so I can spawn an F18 with the wings folded? I tried the init line metioned a few posts back on an empty f18 but it didn't work.

I've been using this in the init line of the jet, without issues.: this animate ["l_wingfold",1]; this animate ["r_wingfold",1];

Brilliant work on the F/A-18, simply outstanding! One thing, when I select the cannon the white game crosshair overlays the left edge of the green circular reticule. Is it just a misalignment?

How many more of these amazing aircraft are in development? Along with the carrier of course! Will they all be jets? Or can we expect to see other types of fixed wing aircraft realistically represented?

@John_Spartan: Just found a thing that is a little annoying: When you go to the service menu and make a choice like "rearm" you are instantly back in cockpit. I think in most cases you want to repair and rearm, so it would be more comfortable to stay in the menu instead to do all the things you want to do, and then manually go back to cockpit.

I love this bird!

@Rory

mate README online version is here [all the code lines to set up these aircraft are there]

@Fletcer, the code line to initiate RAAF skin at mission start-up is:

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18f_hull_raaf_generic_co.paa"];

It's exactly as in README. Only thing I can think of why "no texture" error is appearing - second PBO - js_jc_fa18_squads.pbo? Did you installed that as well. That's a separate paint scheme library archive. FA18 can be used fully without it, but all these additional skins are found in there, so make sure you have both.

@Erazeri

Yes there will be all mayor features will be bonded to keys so you can use keyboard/joystick only [no action menu]. BTW in vanill ARMA there is "Q" if I am not wrong to start engine already mate. Check ARMA manual/settings.

Time to come clean, I guess. Saul and me had a chat about this misunderstanding where we kind of ended up teasing people with what's coming.

FA18 Project

with next update [ETA 2 weeks]

- aerial refuelling

- fuel drop sequence

- fixed some of Air-to-Air weapons settings [no more shooting tanks with AIM120]

- Some other weapons tweak's

- USS Nimitz compatibility [built in tail hook & service menu on deck]

- Ejection, realistic and animated

- Improved visual effects

- Fixed HUD misalignment and rvmat issue [darker better visible]

- alternative mirror textures if PIP not used

Planned latter.

- fully updated animated cockpit

- Afterburner with a nice animation

- GPS targeting system

- Fully working and improved UI "Service Menu"

Maybe ...- advanced weapons simulation

OPFOR

Opfor counterpart was somethong we thought a lot of. By the time the discussion was initiated here on forums we already had a pick and project roling. So OPFOR will get ...

SU35 Flanker E, generation 4++ very agile fighter with multirole capabilities in same quality as FA18 with similar features + built in HOTAS for better dogfighting performance.

fskG2_zps338b8d43.jpg

...some will say another SU. Do you have a SU35 on ARMA 3? Gnats ARMA 2 version as outstanding it was, originally dates back to ARMA 1. Also Gnat has contributed to this upcoming project so I can assure it will be ARMA 3 worthy. Beautiful and powerful aircraft as SU35 must be in ARMA 3. Also I have read some interesting treads about Russian faction addons, so here we are CSAT + Russian camo.

Any other aircraft....

Lads we have girlfriends, families and real life, I think two aircraft will be enough. Go and pick on BIS why there is only one "Buzzard". Or wait until awesome RKSL Eurofighter is released. There will be many other if ArmA 2 sample models are released by other authors.

Edited by John_Spartan

Nice info.

Animation for hand in cockpit as the alone plane in the game was planned ? (move left, right)

And yes both aircraft will NOT be dependent on each other. You can have one or the the other or both.

AND SOME TEASERS!!!

j3g8.jpg

8u1f.jpg

pmjj.jpg

Edited by Saul

Noooo you can't tell me these features with eta 2 weeks... I will dying meanwhile...

really the best mod available atm for arma 3... :cool:

Sorry spec ops, though I like the idea of a trainer my girlfriend already is unhappy with how much time I spend working, lol.

BIS should just pay you guys to make planes for them! Great job and cant wait to get in that SU! My time at the moment seems to be spent building missions (10minutes) then get bored of that and end up flying around making carrier landings and blowing shit up and then looking at the clock and thinking what a creative 3 hours I have just spent. I thank you for that :)

John,

Thanks for that mate. I've got the wings folding now :)

Edited by rory_pamphilon

Any chance for a T-45C? Time permitting of course.
As much as I would also want the T-45C Goshawk, in my case as a trainer to "accompany" players before they hop into the Super Hornet... the biggest important bit to me coming out of the Flanker-E reveal is that it's a standalone mod. Thanks guys! :D

While I'm disappointed that it's not a J-15 or at least a Su-33 Flanker-D like what Gnat did/converted, as I said at least twice before in this thread alone, my interest came straight down to the "carrier fighter" aspect. In retrospect I would have been interested in and happy with the MiG-29K ("Fulcrum-D") since that too is a carrier fighter design derived from the MiG-29M ("Fulcrum-E" or "Super Fulcrum") -- with everything from folding wings to an arresting hook to buddy fueling, and in actual Indian (Admiral Gorshkov/INS Vikramaditya and possibly the forthcoming Vikrant-class as well), then Russian naval use (Admiral Kuznetsov) -- but I suppose, John_Spartan and Saul, that you two were looking more for an "aerial opponent" versus the Super Hornet?

Congrats on your decision to implement an SU-35 guys!! I couldn't have picked a better oponent myself. Should make for some epic dogfights :D!!

First just say how awesome is your work. Its outstanding!

Good pick with the Su35, is it gonna come with similar features as the F18 ( ammo and texture dynamic setup )?

May I suggest this painting:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Sukhoi_Su-35S_in_2009.jpg (398 kB)

I can't wait for the ejection animation :D

BTW I think that BI will include the t45 or the BAE Hawk as NATO plane.

Last question: Can't the Su35 be easily modified to make a Su33 ( for those who wanted a carrier capable ), after all they have almost the same airframe ( Su27 one )?

Edited by MistyRonin

Ok, to answer all of the questions of why we chose the Su-35 over the war and peace list of other aircraft it really all comes down to capabilities, design, and story. We wanted an aircraft that would fit with the game and scope of ARMA 3's factions as well as give the F/A-18 E/F a run for it's money. For those who haven't seen the OPFOR aircraft teaser it will be no suprise why we will sorely need a solid OPFOR aircraft.

1385670_601007869945947_1292814868_n.jpg Modified Yak-130 / FA-50 Hybrid which makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

So we needed an aircraft that could match the F-18 in capabilities (not exactly one for one but darn close). We looked at a whole host of aircraft it really came down to the Su-33, 35, and Mig-29K. Each of these aircraft come pretty dang close to the F-18 in capabilities but when it came to story (something Iran/ other OPFOR nations could easily get in the 2035 fiction ARMAVERSE) it was really a no brainer since Iran has nothing for naval carrier operations. Most of Iran's navy consists of subs, destroyers, a few corvettes, and support vessels. If we knew for 100% certainty that the Russians will get involved in the story (aka not by mods) then sure lets go for carrier based aircraft but we just don't know. Also the Su-35 is a generation 4++ aircraft with advanced avionics and flight systems dwarfing what the 33 or Mig currently use. There is also the 3d thrust vectoring and hands off HOTAS controls. The Su-35 can also carry more munitions then either the 33 or the Mig almost matching what the F-18 can carry.

I know many of you would like to see a carrier based OPFOR fighter, and I'm sure it will be delivered eventually but when it comes to John and me we see the Su-35 as THE BEST CHOICE to take on the F-18.

Will the new ejection capabilities include a life raft like the Arma 2 version had? Seems like a useful addition with all the new water goodness Arma 3 brings us. At any rate, thanks for putting the time and effort into this mod, the 7CMBG has made good use of it!

Hello saul,

I just saw that :

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/800px-Slat_A319_colore.jpg

The number 1 on the pictures is : leading edge flaps.

Issue : On the F-18 that you have created the leading edge flaps are moving like elevator with elevator.

In game when you push on the stick, the elevator is moving down (it is normal). but leading edge flaps are also moving down (it is not correct). Leading edge flaps are not moving with the stick but with the speed (and angle of attack) or with manual switch.

Is it possible to correct this error in the next update ? :)

Edited by izaiak

BIS should just pay you guys to make planes for them! Great job and cant wait to get in that SU! My time at the moment seems to be spent building missions (10minutes) then get bored of that and end up flying around making carrier landings and blowing shit up and then looking at the clock and thinking what a creative 3 hours I have just spent. I thank you for that :)

Word, lol,:cool:

Edited by brucehamill

I added the option to fly the Super Hornet in DM Jet Rage. :)

The mission uses a custom AA-only loadout for the plane, with weapons safe mode removed. ;)

I remember the F/A-18s on Arma 2 and they were great! Hopefully these ones are even better.

These are the direct descendant of (one of) the F/A-18 mods from Arma 2, their excellence is a given. :p

I tried to play the mod on a LAN server and multiplayer server with my brother but I could not. I am on the development branch maybe this could be why?

I tried to play the mod on a LAN server and multiplayer server with my brother but I could not. I am on the development branch maybe this could be why?
Yes. You, your brother, and the server all need to run the same version.