TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

Tungsten, do not excuse liking the F-14, its a gorgeous plane, I used to play a lot of Falcon 4 and I'm particularly fond of it with the skull signatures on the tail. Dont know if you have ever seen those? My comment on manouverability was based on Falcon that had quite realistic modelling of flight models and physics. But you may be perfectly right that not all variants share the same FM.

Anyway, I didnt realize that requests were for opfor fighters, sorry. The A10 will probably appear sooner or later, since it was in Arma2.

OP

Is the aircraft affected by wind speed, wind gusts and wind direction? I always dreamed of flying a plane in arma and having to land while flying almost sideways because of the wind speeds.

Also do jets experience turbulence? If so then that might be a nice feature to add, like when your flying over the as between the mountains and flat land or of its stormy weather.

Edited by ProGamer

Firstly, great job with the F-18, tried it on the Nimitz today and OMG! Quite enjoyed buzzing the tower! Anyway, as for an opfor aircraft.. not sure if anyones mentioned it but what about an F-5E? The Iranians still use them and im sure it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it could have a few upgrades by 2035 to make it more of a match for F-18, especially at low altitude/ low speed engagements. I could picture F-5's being scrabbled off the airfield to dogfight with some f-18s. It'd be like a more up to date Top Gun.

Tungsten, do not excuse liking the F-14, its a gorgeous plane, I used to play a lot of Falcon 4 and I'm particularly fond of it with the skull signatures on the tail. Dont know if you have ever seen those? My comment on manouverability was based on Falcon that had quite realistic modelling of flight models and physics. But you may be perfectly right that not all variants share the same FM.

Anyway, I didnt realize that requests were for opfor fighters, sorry. The A10 will probably appear sooner or later, since it was in Arma2.

OP

If you forcefully enabled use of the F-14 in 4.0 as many players have done, its flight characteristics actually draw directly from the Falcon 4's Fighting Falcon that it simulates. Normally I'd avoid pointing that out, but in case anyone here uses it for future reference, well, you should understand the questionable accuracy with which to form judgements. I'm not saying that it doesn't do the F-16 well, just that it doesn't simulate other aircraft like some would believe it can.

It's generally bad to base your research off of one source; granted, many sources often lead back to one, but it's still better to form your opinion from a consensus of opinions.

Is the aircraft affected by wind speed, wind gusts and wind direction? I always dreamed of flying a plane in arma and having to land while flying almost sideways because of the wind speeds.

Also do jets experience turbulence? If so then that might be a nice feature to add, like when your flying over the as between the mountains and flat land or of its stormy weather.

Nothing is affected by the wind, even bullets are not. The only way to creat wind interaction is to creat script. Some script are already done for bullets, but i don't know if some have been created for vehicule interaction.

I attempted to browse through the thread here without any luck, but does anyone else have the issue with the F-18F model where once you set a custom loadout, deploy all weapons, land, and rearm - the rearming puts your custom loadout back on, then puts the original default loadout and then takes everything away. We can't seem to rearm the thing. Anyone else experience this?

Ok, the only issue that we are aware off in MP is with two seater F version.

At the moment there is a only one way to get it working. You have to make sure that gunner is out of the aircraft and pilot must get in as gunner to gain access [get ownership] of turret weapons/turret, and then by getting back in pilots seat rearming works ok.

If this does not help and you have similar issues with SP then you have found a new issue we were not aware yet and we will need to go thru all rearming sequence again to find error.

it is a known game engine limitation in MP environment since Arma 1 that BI have not addressed, that has been discussed in post #282.

it is a known game engine limitation in MP environment since Arma 1 that BI have not addressed, that has been discussed in post #282.

Report that on the feedback tracker please.

Hi. While playing today, i saw that the heat texture for the FLIR is not applied correctly.

http://s14i.img-up.net/arma32013-9351.jpg

i didn't know where to put this, so i posted it here.

MfG SYSTEM

Thank's will be fixed with next update mate. This is the right tread to discuss the issues and future's on these "bad boys"

This is the Best F/A-18 mod I have ever seen !! the flying physics is second to none. it looks AWESOME , it sounds AWESOME , it fly's AWESOME !! It just looks right ...flying over Altis .I only have one question I can't find the the Service Menu to change the ordnance and paint scheme am I missing something ?:yay::yay:

Thanks Fletcher,

If you have the latest 1.2 version downloaded from Links in first post, then open a readme PDF provided with the add-on.

If any issues to access service menu following instructions on README, let me know.

Any chance your going to be able to make it so we can use the service menu on the USS Nimitz Carrier?

Also any chance your able to work on making it so the paint scheme is viewable by all players?

Back before the Nimitz port I would just park an empty HEMTT Ammo [NATO] on the flight deck next to the spot where the Super Hornet would be after using the "Lower Launch Bar" option, to the right of the jet blast deflector, and access the Service Menu courtesy of that.

USS NIMITZ & F/A-18

I am always been for supporting concept that - add-on's must be compatible but still standalone. Yes there will be a temporary solution, till we get a proper carrier, provided to allow player/mission designer rearm/service aircraft on carrier deck, also a built in arrestor system will be activated with next update. So no worries on that.

In that case I'd advise conversing with TeTeT on the Nimitz port... the above that I wrote about the HEMTT Ammo [NATO] was preceding that port, using the unmodified Arma 2 version of the carrier and my solution was otherwise totally in keeping with what John_Spartan had prescribed (i.e. for use on land).

@Chortles, I have met TeTeT on TS this weekend and we have discussed a compatibility between these two add-ons, I'll provide support for his projects as much as possible. Eventually all this will be sorted, keep an eye for updates.

Well, John_Spartan and Saul,

You guys are awesome! I just stumbled upon this as I found a comment on reddit about your mod. And what do I find here?! THIS! Wow, just wow!

BIS stands embarrassed somehow IMHO.

Cheers mate if all else fails have the correct version ....and use the read me file...:o I did find a fault though and I'm not sure if it's been reported yet...when I tried the initiation script for the RAAF GREY [F/A 18F] it said picture not found and when i used the service menu I couldn't find it there either :confused:

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Yeah AGREED maybe BIS could "Borrow your Services":D

Could you guys add some more actions bindable to keys we really don`t need?

For example I would love to have the ability to bind engine off/on to a button same way the afterburner is now bindable, maybe service menu and fold wings too.

Would be able to use HOTAS setup without touching the damn action menu.

Relates to this: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=10686

@Fletcher, can you please post a screenshot of that error message, I would like to see that. We will fix it, next update within a weeks time will add some cool new stuff and fixes.

Hi John,

Sorry to be a pain but any chance you could repost the init lines exactly how you use them so I can spawn an F18 with the wings folded? I tried the init line metioned a few posts back on an empty f18 but it didn't work. Can you also post the init used to select a paint job on spawn of an empty.

Also a question about multiplayer, I have yet to test my mission with other people, im just wondering, would others see me (once in the plane obv) folding my wings? and would others see me changing paint job?

Also this may have been asked previously but is there plans to add custom F18 sounds?