TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

Great work on the service menu, it's very nice

Some bugs/things that I've noticed regarding bombs:

1. (Since the release) bombs can be tab locked on ground targets, even when they're not being actively lased by anyone(in both F18 variants). I assume this is a placeholder until GPS-INS/CCIP is introduced (or perhaps a simplification of the F-18's advanced electronics and capabilities)

2. All bombs(LGB,500lbs,1000lbs,2000lbs) have the same explosion, and I guess they have the same splash damage and radius too.

Bug report: The "E" key seems to be binded to my afterburner be default. But I juse Q and E to jaw. Have I overlooked something here or is this just a clumbsy tumbsy ;)

@NMDANNY

Bombs, the way they behave is something that BI changed in latest patch. I personally noticed the airspeed and altitude needs to be lower than before to successfully target & engage [tab lock]. I have not yet brought any advanced weapons config or placeholders in v1.2. All weapons are based on vanilla A3 config.

Regarding JDAM's explosion effect might visually at the moment look the same, but damage values are represented accordingly ammunition/payload.

@CyclonicTuna

I will think about your suggestion regarding GPS/INS. Gameplay VS realism, that's what's bothering us, so far we managed to get more or less balanced add-on.

Regarding "E" key - that's a placeholder, shortcut for custom action "Tail hook UP/DOWN". It's mapped to "seagullback" key in game controls settings, which by default is "E".

Please look at the manual page 7, Saul explained how to install and setup this mod.

Amazing work. Just wow. The customizable loadout is something that takes the game to a whole new level. Hat is off to you two thanks for bringing us real CAS options before BIS.

Still cant get a lock on with any air - ground weapon. I have reset my controls to default. I know it requires a angle of attack but Iam not having any luck.

Just gave this a try. For a "game" like this that is light on actual simulation when it comes to aircraft this is a very nice addon. I especially like the work you did on somehow adding the ILS to this when the gear is down. The mirrors are a great touch too. The sound is really well done as well.

I don't know if you can model passing into the sound barrier or not but it definitely doesn't have that yet. Also the control surfaces are a little exaggerated especially the elevators. They don't move that much at high speeds.

Overall as a model and putting it into this game I give it an 8/10 .. good job! (Especially the authentic weapons and loadouts)

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Yes it definitely needs CCIP mode. Maybe you can toggle LGB's in Laser or CCIP mode in the future..

The only issue I have regarding the ILS is that I can't seem to configure it to work with Empty-placed carriers, only shore runways such as that at Stratis Air Base, and seemingly only "northbound" approaches coming in from the south at that... (That's also what the landing autopilot function results in, a forced "northbound" approach from the south.)

@Savage

mate what mods you are using. Is the problem with vanilla A3 latest released patch or you are using "DEV branch"? I need more info to understand the cause if there is an issue, and be able to fix it.

So far nobody with Vanilla A3 latest update have no problems.

I was also wondering if you are open to the idea to implement an afterburner shader:

hornet-afterburner.jpg

There have been very few people who have tried to implement a proper dynamic afterburner in Arma. But I know its possible because VBS also has them.

We need radar guided missiles (SAMS) before we start getting into anti radiation missiles.

We need radar guided missiles (SAMS) before we start getting into anti radiation missiles.

Tigris/Cheetah, also the radar stations on Altis/Stratis could become targets. But yea, SAMs would be awesome.

Excellent addon, thanks for the hard work you put into this! Is there a way to check the tailhook state for the vehicle? I placed some HBlocks on the water as a makeshift island and now look for a way to decelerate the plane quickly when the tailhook is down.

@Trauma = I would love to add a HARM missile to our missilebox along with many other types of ordanence. However we are still heavy in upgrading the models and textures for arma 3 (more detail, more awesome). Check the what's planned section of the first post in this thread to get an idea of whats coming. I'm sure what's we get to the point where we are tweaking the missilebox items we could add the harm into the mix.

@Cyclonix = Would love to mate, unfortunatly it's on the back burner for now and probably will be till the new SDK comes out.

@Cyclonix = Would love to mate, unfortunatly it's on the back burner for now and probably will be till the new SDK comes out.

That's fine, don't be rushed man. Everything has its place and time ;)

It has been fixed on the new model :)

Look forward to it's release in da future.

Nice.

Any future plans to move away from tab targeting? (apart from GPS/INS)

Also the NVG HUD mode is just a black surface for me, how is this meant to work?

Nice.

Any future plans to move away from tab targeting? (apart from GPS/INS)

Also the NVG HUD mode is just a black surface for me, how is this meant to work?

It works with PiP so it's not that good but it's something.