TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

- carrier capability [depends when the carrier will be ready]

Which carrier? :rolleyes:

BTW does proper ejection function mean ejectable seat?

AMAZING!!!

Being an old flight sim hand, I have avoided flying in ARMA. But I think I will be dusting off my old flight controls and firing this baby UP!!!!

The GUI for the load is OUTSTANDING!!!

Can't wait for the download to finish....

This mod legitimately set's a standard. I hope the guys at BI are watching this, phenomenal level of quality.

Lads, we are still working on it. So please be patient on details to be upgraded. As Saul stated in first post.

THERE ARE CHANGES IN SCRIPT PATHS AND AN UPDATED CLASNAME FOR F VERSION SEE FULL README

We are planning a major update, with improved cockpit, more animated and realistic. All in time. We had an option to release a basic version with ARMA 3 going gold and keep updating it or holding it till we are done fully[another 3-4 months I recon]. As you can see we decided to give you a chance to have it now and update it in stages.

- UI at latter stage will have full customization over aircraft's settings [you will be able to switch from arcade to pro]

- all the cockpit lights and instruments will be finished

- proper ejection function

- fuel control with auxiliary tank support [now fuel tanks are just visual]

- advanced weapons, like cluster bombs and anti ship missiles that behave as they should

- better even more quality HD textures

- one new skin will be introduced

We don't want to go to flight sim level, just because we can does not mean we have to - ARMA is a combined arms game, we need to consider balance in gameplay. We are considering other projects as well, but I'll keep a bit of a secrecy on them, till we have a decent beta version.

And thanks for the kind words lads, that is nice to hear that we managed to get it almost right.

I really do appreciate your work. Your MOD along with Massi's are starting to give ArmA 3 the life ArmA 2 has.

I do have a question - though probably a stupid one; How does one access the service menu?

This mod legitimately set's a standard. I hope the guys at BI are watching this, phenomenal level of quality.

+1 IMO this mod is thousand miles ahead from the rest of Arma planes ( including official ones ).

My selfish inner persona, just wants to see more projects from this team.

Access to "Service menu" entry in action menu becomes available if:

- Aircraft is parked within a 25m distance from HEMTT Reammo Truck or Soft Hangar.

- Aircraft is at complete stop [engine might be on]

... guys, what haven't you been telling us?

:y:

uhhhhh....well my interest is peaked! :-)

You can import Nimitz Carrier from arma 2 into arma3 - works well for this jet and buzzard, any other jets imported and they crash on paintwork lines on carrier deck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4UXjI6OLvE

F18 on carrier from 1:21

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

Great work John & Saul, this is one impressive aircraft with fantastic detail and options.

A request - I know A10 is old school plane but have members that would like to use it for bomb runs on town etc... any possibility to get one from early arma and adjust to work in arma3?

@John Spartan: If you need more squadron emblems and associated nose numbers, let me know.. even CAG planes. I have to do a bit of research but i think i have the artwork for all the current USN and USMC Superbug squadrons. Contact me through AV8R.

uhhhhh....well my interest is peaked! :-)
Yeah, this is curious... I mean, it's one thing for the Arma 3 F/A-18E/F to still be compatible with the Arma 2 Nimitz's CATOBAR (Catapult Assisted Take Off But Arrested Recovery) and the IFLOLS option if using All in Arma, even for the vanilla A 143 Buzzard to support that too despite not the Nimitz not being programmed with it* (again with AiA), it's another when the modders are talking about "when the carrier will be ready"...

* Although that ends up with an invisible tailhook seemingly embedded in the fuselage, based on where exactly the arresting cable converges

I dont think its me but iam having a hard time locking on to tanks and other vehicles. I have tried to use the mavericks and lGB's with and with out a WSO.

Also at night if the hud could be brighter that would be great.

In manual you say to use NATO HEMTT Ammo support vehicle (or hanger - works), however when I put HEMITT, or HEMITT box, HEMITT Transport vehicle to an area and take plane near it it will not show service menu. Is the another HEMITT somewhere?

@JungleNZ

HEMTT AMMO [NATO - supports] that's the right one, make sure the distance is not bigger than 25m from truck. And "Service menu" action should be in action menu [might need to scroll down]

I Loooove this :P

The service menu is friggen awesome and its perfect for rearming on the go.

Small questions tho.

1. Is it possible to get the E with the skull tail (I rly like skulls)

2. The PDF dosnt have a new list of weapons, is there a online version thats updated?

3. How do i send you guys some bacon as a big thank you for a insanely cool addon?

@RavenDK

Q1 - to get VFA103 texture applied on E model [wont look correct, since it's not designed for it] in units initialization field put:

CAG

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18f_hull_vfa103cag_co.paa"];

LOW

this setObjectTexture [0, "\js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18f_hull_vfa103low_co.paa"];

Q2 - page 13 in the READ ME for version 1.2 has list of all weapons/magazines included with this add-on

Q3 - thanks mate, but I personally do this for fun and don't really expect anything in return. I recently saw some discussions about "paid" add-ons to be considered for A3 - I totally disagree on this one. Also I don't realy like some "new" modders, saying "donate and then I'll....." that's from my point is selling content and violating BI EULA. If you want earn money then go Pro and join gaming industry companies. So lets stick with thanks on forums mate.

@JungleNZ

HEMTT AMMO [NATO - supports] that's the right one, make sure the distance is not bigger than 25m from truck. And "Service menu" action should be in action menu [might need to scroll down]

Thanks was looking in wrong section of Hemitts. Working well now.

I asked that before, but any plans on releasing source photoshop files to create custom skins? Got tons of vector files for don't now how many F-18s on my PC.

@RedPhoenix

Saul is working on final Super HD texture update, so till that there is no really a point releasing them, because they will change. Eventually when we will be done with model/textures then Saul will make a simple base PSD file to create custom skins. When, cant tell you right now.

I wanna start off by saying how glad I am you guys are making this addon for A3. For a moment I was afraid I might have the play the game without a proper F-18.

But I also wanna make a suggestion, considering you guys are currently still developing the features for A3 which the A2 version of the F-18 had, like the GPS/ INS system. Now in the A2 version of the F-18 when using GPS/ INS, you could only select one target on the map at a time. I would like to be able to select multiple targets at a time so I can do a bombing run in one go without having to select the next target every time.

For instance I have 4 Jdams on board, and 4 targets I need to take out. Once I begin my bombing run evertime a Jdam hits that target is deleted from the map and the rest of the targets remain. Now everytime I come near one I can release a bomb and it will find the nearest target using GPS/ INS.

Ofcourse I could have 4 targets near each other so I think it would be nessicary to come up with a way to assign a Jdam to a target once its released (most likely the nearest) so the rest of the Jdam's don't choose the same target.

You guys would be my hero's if you could make that happen.

Gook luck with the developing the rest of the features!!! :D

Edit:

This also just popped up in my mind. It would be really usefull if you could devise some way for the camera of the gunner in the two seater, to be fixed some how. I don't mean fixed like in actually fixed where you can't move it anymore, but the ability to fix it on a certain target or point on the ground. This way you can much more easily target things while flying really fast.

The Mando Missle system addon for A2 had this down pretty well: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8243

Edited by CyclonicTuna

@RedPhoenix

Saul is working on final Super HD texture update, so till that there is no really a point releasing them, because they will change. Eventually when we will be done with model/textures then Saul will make a simple base PSD file to create custom skins. When, cant tell you right now.

Allright, fair enough.

Have to wait then.