TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

I think that is due to how Gunners (reference Chopper gunners) work in A3?

You can break out of it using alt or 2x alt.

The view is always somewhat 'stuck' to the camera when the plane is making loops n shit. I'm not so sure either if it's possible to do a workaround.

Amazing work!, only 1 issue i had:

NV hud sometimes shows clouds that are non existent, and makes the plane alot harder to fly (you just dont see straight ahead).

Do you know that missions where the jet has been spawned and removed again, still list this mod as a dependency in the sqm file. I can always remove it manually, but it would be for the best if it could be avoided altogether.

Do you know that missions where the jet has been spawned and removed again, still list this mod as a dependency in the sqm file. I can always remove it manually, but it would be for the best if it could be avoided altogether.

I don't think this can be avoided by the person making the mod. Its just an unfortunate side effect of how the mission editor works.

@Tinter

mate theoretically a mission file can be created without a dependency to a mod and then via script we can determine what unit to use. For instance if all the units are spawned dynamically on the map with a script in mission we can reed what add-ons "user" has installed and based on that spawn relevant units. For example you want to create a mission where there is an airport with jets in hangar, but not dependant to any mods [compatible], but with a possibility to have either FA18 or vanilla Arma 3 "L39".

if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "JS_JC_FA18")) then {...spawn FA18's } else {...spawn L39 Buzzard};

Give it a try if script architecture is thought thru this should work.

I think you misunderstand me.

If I load up a mission with this mod, place a jet and fly around for a bit, but then remove it again and save the mission. When I load the mission after having unmounted the mod, it won't load the mission and give the error that this mod is required.

If I load up a mission with this mod, place a jet and fly around for a bit, but then remove it again and save the mission. When I load the mission after having unmounted the mod, it won't load the mission and give the error that this mod is required.

Check the mission SQM in your documents and delete any reference under the addons bit to the F/A-18 mod.

If you look back to my original post, I mentioned that. My point was that you could do it, but it would be much more welcome if you didn't have a dependency for an object that doesn't exist.

You can't unload a mod without restarting the game. If you've enabled a mod and you go do or play a mission then the mod is needed afterwards. Don't load game with mods that you don't want to use or you need to do what TomClothier said. You've had the mod on when you've made that.

That's how Arma works.

Looks like the gunner camera is broken since 1.03, when I press 0, it just zooming me in instead of turning on the display. Please, check it out.

Edited by woore

@Woore = Are you still on dev build, I am not aware of any patch? If you are dev build that could explain why it is broken.

Again, great work on this plane. Have added it to one of our missions and also found the aircraft carriers from Arma 2 can be loaded into arma3.

The F18 seems to be the only plane (apart from buzzard) that runs along deck without stuttering and crashing (other planes from arma2 like f14 tomcat etc can be run in arma3 (without allinarma) but have problems on deck).

2nd video clip is Nimitz, catapult and shields work to launch plane, as well as arresters on landing although (not shown in video) my landing skills are pretty crap.

Planes can be stored on lower deck and taken to upper deck by elevators although I need to get tow and script setup to take plane to elevator.

Credits again to Saul and John for F18 mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr4rgzTWeAo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qr4rgzTWeAo

Edited by jungleNZ

@Woore

man only thing I can tell you straight away is that we have no intention to "follow dev branch updates". This mod will be updated based on official Bohemia Interactive patches. Dev branch was cool when Altis staging was brought in, but now there is a stable version from Bohemia Interactive. Dev branch is updated on daily bases don't expect to see us updating this mod every day. It's just makes no sense. So Only thing I can suggest to you is make a choice, which version you want to use to get the assets you need and wait for future updates.

Hi John,

Congratulations on this great plane although i have two suggestions, one significant and one that isn't all that important but would be nice to have.

The important one being a CCIP mode for bombs and the second to allow the option to open and close the canopy at will and be able to move with the canopy open.

Thanks and good luck.

@Saul, John_Spartan: yes, I'm still on the dev build because of a lot better optimization; I said: "since 1.03" :) I ask you not to fix it asap, but check it out: maybe this change will be in stable version too. I didn't notice any script errors, but optics doesn't work as intended.

Upd: looks like it's just YAAB: the same problem with SDV, Comanche, etc.

Upd2: after spawning a unit, you have to launch the mission and then restart it to fix this bug. Ok, moving to the feedback section :)

Edited by woore

@Spec-Ops = As far as CCIP or CCRP is concerned it is not on a priority as these are VERY script heavy and will make the addon considerable large (the smaller the pbo, the better it runs ;) ). This may be something we work on and add later on down the line once the f18 is where we like it, but for now we have a much larger list to work on. Currently we are working on a GPS/ INS type system for ARMA 3 and our GBU-30 family.

Concerning the Canopy, it will be something we look maybe doing sometime down the line as well once we get our major functions and additions in.

@Woore = Understood, keep up posted.

Damn, this is looking amazing so far.

do you guys think you could disable the annoying arma rudder effect upon every single turn?

if you guys manage that, no matter what kind of aircraft i'm pretty much sold

Hi,

Just to say, loving the mod so far, nice handling & realistic weapon load. Some parts of the model are outstanding e.g. undercarriage and cockpit interior but some areas could do with a v slight improvement to bring them up the standard of the rest of the model. The two bits that stick out the most are the two curves you spend longest looking at. That's the cockpit frame curve & the engine pipe, both seem a little low detailwise h& could do with more segments to make the curve.

Over all though I love it!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=180522508

Iv made a mission for it here called Topgun, hope you like it...

Hey all, I am somewhat new to running my own server. I have it up and running with a few addons working. I was wondering how I get this to show up on my server? I installed it like I would any other addon. Like I said I am new, thanks!

Go to steam workshop and download my mission above, with the mod loaded run the mission (multiplayer > new > lan/coop >altis > topgun and u will have multiple F18's and multiple bad guys

Thanks a bunch, but I want to learn how to install it on my domination server. any help would be awesome.