TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

@Abshire = To answer your questions. First the laser function is limited right now (still needs testing) and is almost a direct port from the Greyhawks. We are planning on making it to where a single aircraft WITH the ATFLIR pod can laz it's own targets but until we get the new mod tools it is on hold. For now it does work as a buddy system where you can laz targets for other aircraft (which I don't believe has been done yet in ARMA, don't quote me on that.) Second we will be releasing our service menu shortly which will allow you to customize your aircraft loadout per station in game. We are in the process of updating it from ARMA 2 and making the UI even sexier so look forward to the release within the next week or so. Last CCRP is on the planning stage.

To all others, thank you for the support. We love this mod and it's great to see that you all do to. Look forward to many more updates and more functionality in the future.

This reply has not only made my day, but I told some of our other ArmA Pilots about it in my squad and they are just as excited as me. Basically you had me at CCRP.

The Lazing system in place is pretty good...but could be better. Is there ANY way in ArmA to have the Targeting pod's FLIR be more stable? Like if I point it at a target it never moves until I move it? Like a way to LOCK it in place? So as the plane moves the POD stays locked on wherever I locked it? That is how it would work in RL (I am sure I don't have to tel you that)...my experience with flying in combat comes from DCS (lol) and that is how their pod works and apparently that is how it really works. Just having that ability would be great and make for a far better lazing system.

If you are going to do CCRP for dumb bombs, does that mean I could maybe assume CCIP for Smart bombs or is that not possible with ArmA? I have come to learn that all things are possible if you believe it to be in ArmA, but some functions just don't translate.

Having the ability for other loadouts will be great. Especially if we can have Rockets, dumb bombs, and such. Having the ability to not only have a Blufor Jet in Opfor, but it be one that is near and dear to my heart is amazing to me...and being able to implement that a a close air support bird in my missions for my squad is amazing.

Do you guys have any plans of other aircraft? Obviously once this one is where you want it to be with features and what not...it would seem to me that a lot of the scripting for the loadouts, CCRP, CCIP, Lazing ect...could transfer other to other air frames, like the F-16, F-15, A-10, ect. Though if you stayed in the Navy area, I would give my left testicle to have a functioning E/A-6B in game (I know its out of service, but man what a fun aircraft).

As for targeting systems and more deploy-able weapons, any thoughts on the possibility of HARMS to take out those pesky AAA vehicles? I know the Mavericks work fine for that, but flying Iron-Hand with a Shrike would be pretty awesome...especially in the Prowler...so I can pretend to be in Flight of the Intruder 'You see...Iron Hands my thing...'

Great job guys, you have the full support of our community, and I am sure many others!

@Abshire = To answer your questions. First the laser function is limited right now (still needs testing) and is almost a direct port from the Greyhawks. We are planning on making it to where a single aircraft WITH the ATFLIR pod can laz it's own targets but until we get the new mod tools it is on hold. For now it does work as a buddy system where you can laz targets for other aircraft (which I don't believe has been done yet in ARMA, don't quote me on that.)

Uhm, excuse me, usually i wouldn't talk against the people which created the mod, when they talk about it, but this isn't true.

Yesterday, my Squadmate Belinir and i took this wonderfull birds to a test. Take-off on the AAF Airfield, we headed towards the western Capital of Kavala. While i was flying, Belinir switched to the laser designator, turned it on, then switched to the GBU-12 Bombs. He was perfectly able to lock onto his own laser dot, and when the dot was placed close enough to the aircraft, he got a solid lock-on to the dot with the GBU's. We were able to take out 4 Buildings with a pin-point accuracy, with nothing but the Aircraft itself, no other AI or players were present which could have provided us with a laser target. So, cheers Saul, it works already now. I invite anyone to give this a try. We used no other mods than A3devbuild, CBA_A3 and the F-18-F.

Also, great to hear about the Service Menu, really looking forward to some textures and different Loadouts. Thank you for this amazing addon.

@Elena = Awesome

@Abshire = Be patient, we are hard at work but many bits and bobs are on the list. CCRP is very script heavy and we may not even get around to it. It's likely a system will be developed before we even get to it. We are working on a GPS/ INS system for the GBU-30 JDAM family (which isn't really all that script heavy). As far as more munitions go, it's possible but again it's a long list.

@Saul Take a look at how the ACE Mod on ArmA2 did CCRP for their aircraft...might be helpful.

This addon it's awesome! I can't stop flying hahaha!

ZXli4tpl.jpg

Edited by igu4na

I believe that UAV cameras space-stabilize now in the most recent dev-build. Need to test it, but perhaps that will inherit into the targeting pod automatically?

Uhm, excuse me, usually i wouldn't talk against the people which created the mod, when they talk about it, but this isn't true.

Yesterday, my Squadmate Belinir and i took this wonderfull birds to a test. Take-off on the AAF Airfield, we headed towards the western Capital of Kavala. While i was flying, Belinir switched to the laser designator, turned it on, then switched to the GBU-12 Bombs. He was perfectly able to lock onto his own laser dot, and when the dot was placed close enough to the aircraft, he got a solid lock-on to the dot with the GBU's. We were able to take out 4 Buildings with a pin-point accuracy, with nothing but the Aircraft itself, no other AI or players were present which could have provided us with a laser target. So, cheers Saul, it works already now. I invite anyone to give this a try. We used no other mods than A3devbuild, CBA_A3 and the F-18-F.

Also, great to hear about the Service Menu, really looking forward to some textures and different Loadouts. Thank you for this amazing addon.

Elena could you tell me what speed, altitude and distance to target you began lasing. Also what view distance and object distance you had. I just tried this with a friend and while the Maverick follows the laser to a fault, the GBU unresponsive.

I even lased a patch of dirt from over 2km away and dropped the GBU and got an over shoot. We were at about 500m and 300kmh. How are the GBUs supposed to lock on? Please detail step by step as it will be helpful to all.

wait how did I get from off topic to here, totally wrong thread.

Looks like a lovely model and sounds like you guys have put a real focus on quality. Great release, we definitely need more of this. Unfortunately I'm rubbish at flying jets. I'm going to download it non the less :)

Really enjoying this mod - been flying for hours.

With the future setting of Arma3, is their any chance we might get an Advanced Super Hornet?

Thanks

Elena could you tell me what speed, altitude and distance to target you began lasing. Also what view distance and object distance you had. I just tried this with a friend and while the Maverick follows the laser to a fault, the GBU unresponsive.

I even lased a patch of dirt from over 2km away and dropped the GBU and got an over shoot. We were at about 500m and 300kmh. How are the GBUs supposed to lock on? Please detail step by step as it will be helpful to all.

Airspeed, Altitude and Height are of no importance. Actually you can even spawn an F-18F, set an AI pilot in there, and yourself as gunner, it works.

a) The Pilot has to Approach a Target at a constant level.

b) Use the ALTFLIR camera, Turn on your Laser, then switch to GBUs'

c) Lock onto your laser dot with RMB or Tab, it might take some time untill it works. You will then get a grey rectangle around your laser dot.

d) Lase something in front of you, move the laser dot around, it takes some time, but you will get the diamond-shaped indicator that your target has been locked, afterwards.

e) move your laser on your target, wait for the grey rectange to turn into a solid grey diamond, then drop your payload.

f) keep the laser on-target while your pilot has to keep the plane steady

g) Hit with pin-point accuracy.

I might make a video later.

I can also confirm that you can target your own laser. once you have it on you have to give it a moment before its targetable, maybe it just takes a while for the pilot to see it. takes a little finesse to hit a pinpoint target with the GBU's but still functional.

Great addon.

EDIT: Found out the object names were: JS_JC_FA18E & JS_FA18F

Edited by DMB_

The mod is nice, but it is FAR overly Maneuverable. It handles like an SU-37 Terminator with no payload and 20% fuel. Needs work, but i like it so far.

Is it just me or did the Super Hornet stop working after today's dev build update?

edit. Never mind, it was just me...

Edited by arr

Is it just me or did the Super Hornet stop working after today's dev build update?

It's working just fine for me and this is after this morning's update.

Saul,

Can you make it that the Head of the Gunner is not 'attached' to the Turret when not looking through it? I mean like Free look... Right now your head keeps turning with the turret.

Else, great Addon!

Best Regards,

Hammer