TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

Actually you feel when the gear hits the ground if that's what you're talking about. It's the same when you take off, feels awesome.

I think it sort of bounces, but it might be the suspension. I couldn't tell I was in first person the whole time

Great addon guys. It's a pleasure to fly.

Some suggstions/criticism:

1) HUD - while the gun pipper behaves like it should ("projected"), the rest of symbology is glued to HUD glass.

2) Leading edge slats animation is tied to pitch down control. More realistic would be to connect it to angle of attack.

Some pretty clickable pictures

74FiJ2zs.jpg 0bcKwrPs.jpg 7nfVuHLs.jpg

ceQyWSRs.jpg 3ZPW5Rrs.jpg g3Z0hYXs.jpg

Thanks for a really enjoyable addon John_Spartan and Saul !!

Sjaba...

this is realy a super addon i was disapointed to see so few aircraft in ARMA 3 and now atleast Nato has a F18 to fight with :) keep up the work realy love this jet :)

1: Turn "lights on" when at night time, with gear down ;)

Taxi light.

Oh I see. I'm no plane-man, so I did not think of something like that :)

Error (509)

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Dam dropbox can't download now :(

Wow, so many questions, so little time.

@NMDANNY= We will see about a take controls option for WSO, we want this aircraft to be as authentic as reasonable possible but we just don't know if it can happen in the real version since WSO controls are vastly different from previous F18s (WSO will be getting upgraded cockpit to better reflect RL variant to include double flight sticks). As for altitude, we will see what we can do.

@Tuskin38= Canadian textures, maybe if we have time.

@RavenDK= You will be able to change weapons loadouts when we finish the ARMA 3 version of the service menu sometime very soon. Look forward to it.

@AlexVestin= Lights work. We are planning on illuminating the cockpit in the near future. We also will be working on a thermal texture shortly.

@Blu3sman= HUD will be getting a makeover and we will check out the slats as you mentioned.

To answer questions about bouncing landings. The F18 in ARMA 3 now has suspension in the landing gear so it will behave a little different then what you all are probably used to. When making your approach to the airfield. Drop full flaps and landing gear, come in at roughly a 3 degree angle and set airspeed at roughly 180 km/h. As you approach place your HUD mini plane on the airfield which will cause you to nose up a little and glide into the landing causing your rear landing gear to touch first. Once you are about to touch down, right when your rear wheels are just about to touch, cut power (reduce throttle completely) and you should land quite nicely without the bounce. Hope this helps.

The F18 in ARMA 3 now has suspension in the landing gear so it will behave a little different then what you all are probably used to.

I think it's wonderful to watch that gear touch done :D

With just an almost realistic little bounce from the front wheels.

Very well done all round thanks guys.

BTW, is PhysX implemented or not yet?

Looking at these amazing screenshots I get even more inspired for next version lads. Thanks' for feedback on this.

one of my favourite screens [by Kanti_OM]

FA18_E_altis_A3_zps34081bbc.jpg

Edited by John_Spartan

well done guys. A very nice model.

Question:- What is causing the 5000 m ceiling limit ? It is the arma3 engine or the model? or has the Ozone been depleted by solar fares/or cow farts and now the atmosphere is now very thin... damn the future..damn it to hell...:)

A couple of suggestions/requests, if possible..... Ejection Seat... that will let us free-fall to 10000 ft then deploy chute.

Sonic boom... and maybe also an effect when humidity (or clouds setting) is higher.

Simple auto-pilot that flies at 3 mile racecourse track... to let people sit in it and provide CAS.

Anyway... very well done.

Ahhhh. Fantastic job.

The FP marker works much better than the BIS jet. I hope BIS get their hud sorted out!

Question:- What is causing the 5000 m ceiling limit ? It is the arma3 engine or the model?

it is just a new config entry that they didn't change yet.

altFullForce = 2000;
altNoForce = 6000;

controls control loss vs altitude.

We did some trial with your plane yesterday. We had some small issue, once the plane crash our game is kind of freezing for a few seconds (for the crew who just crashed).

We also had some animation error in our RPT (see below):

Animation a3\anims_f_epa\data\anim\sdr\cts\custom\a_in\acts_percmstpslowwrfldnon_handup2b.rtm not found or empty
Animation a3\anims_f_epa\data\anim\sdr\cts\custom\a_in\acts_percmstpslowwrfldnon_handup2c.rtm not found or empty
Animation a3\anims_f_epa\data\anim\sdr\cts\custom\a_in\acts_percmstpslowwrfldnon_handup1b.rtm not found or empty
Animation a3\anims_f_epa\data\anim\sdr\cts\custom\a_in\acts_percmstpslowwrfldnon_handup1c.rtm not found or empty
Animation a3\anims_f_epa\data\anim\sdr\cts\custom\a_in\acts_walkingchecking.rtm not found or empty
Animation a3\anims_f_epa\data\anim\sdr\cts\custom\b_in\acts_unconsciousstandup.rtm not found or empty
Animation a3\air_f_delta\plane_fighter_01\data\anim\kia_plane_fighter_01_pilot.rtm not found or empty
Animation a3\air_f_delta\plane_fighter_01\data\anim\plane_fighter_01_pilot.rtm not found or empty
Animation a3\air_f_beta\heli_attack_01\data\anim\heli_attack_01_pilot_kia.rtm not found or empty
Animation a3\air_f_beta\heli_attack_01\data\anim\pilot_heli_light_02_kia.rtm not found or empty
Animation a3\air_f_beta\heli_attack_01\data\anim\copilot_heli_light_02_kia.rtm not found or empty
Animation a3\air_f_delta\plane_transport_01\data\anim\kia_plane_transport_01_pilot.rtm not found or empty
Animation a3\air_f_delta\plane_transport_01\data\anim\plane_transport_01_pilot.rtm not found or empty

I have a question, is it possible to make a script that show only the laser designated target on the screen (for the single seat F18)?

We're playing on Elite and once we have like more than 2 targets on the screen it's difficult to know which one is the one from the laser (no name is shown).

Best regards,

Papanowel

Hi, great mod, absolutely loving this, in response to some posters about lock-on, there seems to be a bug with the F18 F model, when flying the E i get all relevant locks on ground and air targets but in the F i get no targeting boxes or lockon.....Maybe something the guys can fix, for now am using the E ::-)

thanks for adding this to a3 let's hope we get meatballs version also and the nimitz carrier too :yay:

You can already put the Nimitz in Arma 3. I did it before by just moving it over, but I haven't tried it lately.

I'm so glad you guys put this in A3. Thank you. I remember the a2 version had some code to put in the init that would change the loadouts. Can that still be used? I don't always want my aircraft to have a complete set of weapons for it's payload. Sometimes just freefall bombs or just AA

Ehi guys, this is an amazing addon. Good job!

Here some screen, damn i love it

http://abload.de/img/107410_2013-09-16_000g9z8d.png (2145 kB)

http://abload.de/img/107410_2013-09-16_00007x47.png (970 kB)

http://abload.de/img/107410_2013-09-16_000cka2g.png (1376 kB)

http://abload.de/img/107410_2013-09-16_000ztx2h.png (852 kB)

http://abload.de/img/107410_2013-09-16_0002jxtu.png (862 kB)

Edited by TheTrain

@Papa = We will look into that :D Also we are currently in the process of redesigning the HUD to match the RL F/A-18s. We will try to see if we can cut down the targeting clutter to only the designated target. No promises though ;)

@Gonk = We will update the altitude in the next patch.

@Bruce = Where you in the Pilots seat or the WSO seat, and also if you were in the WSO were you in our out of the ATFLIR pod (camera mode). The F model is designed right now that the pilot only has access to the 20mm cannon while the WSO has access to everything else.

@Victim = Right now no, you are stuck with a multirole loadout for the time being. HOWEVER we are planning on a release this coming weekend which will include the updated service menu and hopefully the refueling and external tank scripts.

And now for some eye candy XD

01.jpg

02.jpg

First of all, thank you so much @John_Spartan and @Saul!!

You guys literally made my day!

I was so disappointed with BI for releasing A3 with one single Jet :mad:

I few thoughts: As @gonk said it would be so nice to have a Sonic boom super charger with the Shift key!

I also would love to see some transport airplanes on it, what are your plans on that matter?

Do you guys have paypal so we can donate for this amazing job?

Thank you.

A flew a bit around, and I have only one Point:

When It's night, the normal HUD is too dark. Yes, I know that there's a NVG mode....

And, the aircraft has overall a bit too much thrust, in afterburner mode as well.

Might I strongly suggest some new sounds in future releases :) ? Arma 2's jet engine sound was terribad and should be laid to rest.

The guy doing the @RealSound mod for jets might be willing to help.