TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

It has been a long journey. John and me with all of your support managed to build some really cool aircraft for our favorite game. This development process was demanding, interesting and even rewarding at same time. John & me are currently busy with some other projects that remain G14 classified however we have found a new owner for our mods.

Please welcome TeTeT - he will be looking after the future updates for F/A-18E. As promised this mod will stay free and available to all community to enjoy.

Special thanks' for assistance in development to: Franze, Gnat, Vengeance1, Iceman77, Rock & Lord Jarhead

This is not goodbye or us stepping down - this is us move on to new secret projects and regrouping before next battle...
Saul

=====

Change of Guard

It's been quite a while since John_Spartan and Saul handed the development of the F/A-18 and SU-35 over to us. I remember how Leshrack did fix the broken configs and scripts which were caused by successive updates to Arma 3 over the years. MoonChilD and Jones did a tremendous job in testing the changes and we were able to push out a Super Hornet and Super Flanker that was no longer hindered by out dated configs.

Over the years we got reinforced by Farquharson, J. Smith, Jaentzen, Rockapes and Rusk Rusk. Jaentzen did a great job by delivering many liveries for the whole US Navy fleet squadrons of Super Hornets. Rusk Rusk created Russian text for the SU-35. And all of us did a fair bit of testing.

Earlier this year (2018) two new contributors entered the scene: RiverX with a brand new approach to the F/A-18 cockpit, and Yax supplementing the new graphics with top grade scripts and configs. They both advanced the Super Hornet in many ways that formerly was deemd to be impossible or at least very hard to implement. With these great steps forward to the advancement of the Super Hornet and Super Flanker, I'd like to inform you that we've decided to place the leadership of the project onto Yax capable hands.

Good luck with the project! I will still own the Steam Workshop pages and be part of the mod team, but team leadership passes on as of now.

=====

The focus on this release for the SU-35E and F/A-18E/F is the integration into the Eden editor. You can now use a simple dropbox for selecting a loadout and changing the paint scheme within Eden. Further a problem with the GBU-38 and derived bombs was fixed, the autoSeekTarget option was removed as it caused massive slowdowns on Altis and Tanoa. Also the new ballistic computer settings for CCIP was added to the planes. Finally we integrated the values needed for Lesh's towing system.

The changelog for the F/A-18:

2016-08-20 config
- added Lesh's towing mod support
- added USAF refuel support
2016-08-15 config
- added skins chooser as Eden attribute
- added new ballisticComputers setting to weapons for CCIP
2016-08-14 config, scripts
- added default loadout option
- removed autoSeekTarget fro GBU-38 definition
- added function entry for instant loadouts script
2016-08-12 config, scripts
- added basic loadout menu in Eden
- added Eden fold wings option
- added preview pictures
2016-08-11 config, scripts
- fixed apex popups
- fixed FA18E Wreck
- fixed fuel hud script in Eden

The changelog for the SU-35:

2016-08-20 config
- added Lesh's towing mod support
2016-08-15
- fix fuel hud error in Eden
- add preview image
- add loadout for Eden
- add skin selector for Eden
2016-08-11
- fix apex popups
- fix flag and wreck path

Su-35

F/A-18E/F

[Edit: Added steam and torrent links]

[Edit2: Added PWS links]

[Edit3: Updated Saul's post with updated download information and new info]

[Edit4: Update for 2.0.1 and 1.5.1]

[Edit5: Added arma3.de mirror]

Edited by TeTeT
change of guard
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

From Saul:
"It has been a long journey. John and me with all of your support managed to build some really cool aircraft for our favorite game. This development process was demanding, interesting and even rewarding at same time. John & me are currently busy with some other projects that remain G14 classified however we have found a new owner for our mods.

Please welcome TeTeT - he will be looking after the future updates for F/A-18E. As promised this mod will stay free and available to all community to enjoy.

Special thanks' for assistance in development to: Franze, Gnat, Vengeance1, Iceman77, Rock & Lord Jarhead

This is not goodbye or us stepping down - this is us move on to new secret projects and regrouping before next battle...
Saul"

Spartan out.

Can't wait!!!!

G R E A T !!

I remember it was a great add on in Arma2: no doubt it will rock in arma3 :)

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

This is so much win, but neither of the available DL links work for me? ;__;

Downloadlinks are coming soon...as the text says.

Myke;2503815']Downloadlinks are coming soon...as the text says.

Dear Myke, when I posted my comment they both said "DOWNLOAD FROM *hostname*", only after I posted did they show up as "Coming soon" :c

Now downloading from the very first link, thanks :)

Proper direct download link now in place. Rapid share is throttling and we don't like that.

@Eymerich: It is

@BusterBlader: There is, look under NATO/ Air/ FA18F

Edited by Saul

Great stuff! Look forward to trying these later

Cheers

YAY! I don´t need AiA anymore to fly this beast over Stratis and Altis! Opfor is doomed as it´s going to rain cluster bombs over their guilties heads ;D

At first I saw the thread with a blah blah bla... I knew Saul was one of the developers of SuperHornet to A2, but it seemed like a taunt (over that discussion thread "Why A2 modders aren´t modding for A3") and then.. MAWN! Pickle surprise!

Kudos to Saul, Franze and John_Spartan! Cheers!

Download. Tested. Looks good.

How do you change the munitions? The PDF says something about a user interface, but I can't find anything.

Great release with a Beautiful jet. I had to make some shots :)

Thank you Saul and John_Spartan for this awesome addon.

click on the pics to enlarge

5ts4c.jpg 1qseg.jpg 5hsi0.jpg 5jsi3.jpg xssre.jpg gws0f.jpg

regards

moerderhoschi

@moerderhoschi - cool screens man, glad you like it. Give it a try in night with all formation markers and collision lights on.

@BadHabitz, UI will be included in next update, similar to one we have in A2 version. I am currently working on it. ETA next weekend.

@moerderhoschi - cool screens man, glad you like it. Give it a try in night with all formation markers and collision lights on.

i will do that :)

Thank you so much for the release, the one in A2 was great!

Now we have a real plane :)

@BadHabitz, UI will be included in next update, similar to one we have in A2 version. I am currently working on it. ETA next weekend.

Thanks for the reply, and the UI.

Did some testing run...

First of all, again, Thanks for your work and this beatiful add-on.

Three short considerations:

1) when you start in the plane, the weapon is red (meaning no ammo)

2) the plane doesn't engagé enemy ground target (i tried it by myself: the enemy are showned on radar but i caould'nt target them);

3) This is only a matter of taste. IN any case, would you consider to remove the mirrors on the cockpit, since they don't seem so usefull while removing frame?

Apart this... Great work really..

Excellent work, thanks for deciding to bring it over to ArmA 3.

I look forward to seeing it progress.

@DrakeDearon, don't worry nobody is goanna pick on grammar here, myne is far from perfect as well

Je parle français mon ami. légion étrangère, à la retraite

@Eymerich

- first selected weapon is "MARSTER ARM SAFE" - dummy weapon place holder used as "SAFE" function to prevent accidental MP bomb drop on your team mates [believe it happens with some pilots]

- in arma 3 engine like in Ace in A2 to lock/engage you have to have clear line of sight and certain angle of attack on target to acquire lock. Wait until double diamond is showed = lock acquired

- mirrors are Render to texture, I'll look into option to make them nicer for those people who don't use this feature.

Edited by John_Spartan

extremely nice work. small request if i may. ( lol and feel free to ask me to bugger off) I know for right now it would only be for cosmetic value, but would you consider making the jammer pods (one set goes on wing tips and the other type goes under wings) so that it is possible to have a EA-F18 Growler Variant? like i said small request that is only for looks ( but it would be sweet to have)

EA-18G_Growler is case you will actually consider it lol and need pictures of the jammer pods.

PS I totally understand if you dont have the time or want to make it. your work is amazing and i dont want to sound like an ingrate.