tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

TPW MODS 20180317: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9n36a4tor8htjz/TPW_MODS_20180317.zip

Changes:
[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]

• [CIVS 1.58] User may now specify a script or function to call on each spawned civ.
  • [CORE 1.53] Added Chernarus Redux houses.
  • [HUD 1.70] HUD may be toggled on/off with CTRL + ALT + E. Removed redundant HUD text configuration from HPP. 
  • [SOAP 1.30] Reduced pauses between sounds. Fixed issue where sounds would occasionally stop spawning around player.

Gday all. More bugfixes and suggestion implementations inbound. I've finally got around to implementing something I should have had all along, namely an on/off switch for the HUD, so you no longer need to frig around with your inventory to remove goggles. I have noticed that if you have the sublime Chernarus Redux map enabled, full colour HUD NV stops working. This is due to a script in chernarusredux_flashlight.pbo hijacking the setaperture command which my NV needs. I can't really work around it, but you can safely remove this pbo if it troubles you. I'm also happy to have fixed a long standing irritation in TPW SOAP where occasionally new sounds would stop spawning around the player, eventually leading to the deafening silence of default Arma towns.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, tpw said:

Hi redarmy. Mate I'm not sure what the issue is for you - I just spend a while placing various AI in the editor with this setunitpos "UP" in their init, and none of them crouched unless fired upon by enemies (in which case TPW DUCK made them duck). Might be an RHS issue, but I don't use it so I can't tell. 

my apolagies i misread DUCK features:face_palm:

I was under impression it was only grenade avoidance . 

So im experiencing normal behaviour with my AI,thanks man.

TPW i just got De javu hahaha

about a year ago i mentioned to you that TPW HUD was still displaying units while they were in a "hidden" state via the SHOW/HIDE module,you updated TPW HUD to address that...

iv taken a look at your newest version( awesome new HUD by the way its alot more streamlined!) however,units hidden are still viewable when HUD is enabled.

Would it be possible to take a look again?

7 hours ago, redarmy said:

TPW i just got De javu hahaha

about a year ago i mentioned to you that TPW HUD was still displaying units while they were in a "hidden" state via the SHOW/HIDE module,you updated TPW HUD to address that...

iv taken a look at your newest version( awesome new HUD by the way its alot more streamlined!) however,units hidden are still viewable when HUD is enabled.

Would it be possible to take a look again?

Hi redarmy.

I just tested the HUD out with a few units placed with "this hideobject true" in their init and they definitely don't show up in the HUD. Also tried syncing units to the show/hide module and HUD worked properly in that case too. I'm not trying to give you the brush off but I'm not sure how to help when the system is working as advertised on my box.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgioeeze7i2w0gz/20180321121048_1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5n9ku2r7u5hy4e/20180321121107_1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxfam2eqpcdi55a/20180321121304_1.jpg?dl=0

Thanks for double checking TPW...

i have removed every mod,except CBA and tested with units directly linked to hide module and units within a trigger and the trigger synced to hide module with a parameter for all units in syncronized trigger to be affected.

Units info are still showing on HUD for me . I tried to show how i set it up in third link.First two links are the two respective groups and you can see the HUD showing for "hidden" units.

I re enabled mods...and also found an issue here just to let you know...

In testing i found something up with RHS units,only M1A1 Tanks as far as i can see...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyxyswitfbu1bsp/20180322123958_1.jpg?dl=0

TPW HUD picks up NATO tanks,RHS infantry,soft skinned vehicles etc...but for some odd reason the tanks are "rarely" picked up.

I say rarely because i do believe i saw them tagged once before. I know this is an RHS issue but i just wana put it out there....in link photo you can see RHS infantry,light vehicles...Two M1A1 Tannks not picked up(they have crew) and on top left you can see a NATO slammer tank.

[BOATS 1.35, CARS 1.57, CIVS 1.56, CROWD 1.09] Greatly reduced civs/traffic spawned between 2300 and 0400.

Hey TPW..

is it possible to disable this nighttime spawning restriction?

thx

;-)

6 hours ago, MrArenga said:

Hey TPW..

is it possible to disable this nighttime spawning restriction?

thx

;-)

Sigh... :)

I'll have a look at making this configurable.

On 3/21/2018 at 2:48 PM, redarmy said:

I re enabled mods...and also found an issue here just to let you know...

In testing i found something up with RHS units,only M1A1 Tanks as far as i can see...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyxyswitfbu1bsp/20180322123958_1.jpg?dl=0

TPW HUD picks up NATO tanks,RHS infantry,soft skinned vehicles etc...but for some odd reason the tanks are "rarely" picked up.

I say rarely because i do believe i saw them tagged once before. I know this is an RHS issue but i just wana put it out there....in link photo you can see RHS infantry,light vehicles...Two M1A1 Tannks not picked up(they have crew) and on top left you can see a NATO slammer tank.

The simplified display that TPW HUD defaults to just scans for units. So if it has LOS to a unit in a vehicle, then it will light up. Chances are it often won't have LOS to a unit in a tank. The full display mode specifically scans for land vehicles, including tanks, so try switching to that and see how you go.  

• Like 1

TPW MODS 20180324: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9zp9ftvkjtl8ay/TPW_MODS_20180324.zip

Changes:

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]

• [CORE 1.54, BOATS 1.39, CARS 1.60, CIVS 1.59, CROWD 1.11] Mapstrings to enable region specific civilians have been consolidated into TPW CORE's init. All civilians spawned using CIVS, CROWD, CARS, BOATS, ZOMBIES will use these civilian types.
  • [CORE 1.54, ANIMALS 1.42, BOATS 1.39, CARS 1.60, CIVS 1.59, CROWD 1.11, HOUSELIGHTS 1.16, SOAP 1.31] Early morning and late evening times for reducing ambience have been shifted to TPW_CORE's init. tpw_core_morning and tpw_core_night -> setting these to -1 and 25 respectively will disable ambience reduction.    
  • [BLEEDOUT 1.34, DUCK 1.06, FALL 1.63] Zombies (anything with "zomb" in their classname or assigned by TPW ZOMBIES) excluded.
  • [SKIRMISH 1.45] You may now use simple pattern matching to select units and vehicles. eg "ADF_*_D" will select "ADF_AR_D", "ADF_CLS_D", ADF_RFL_D" etc 
  • [ZOMBIES 1.00] New mod. Ambient zombies will spawn around player. Requires maxjoiner's zombies addon.

Sup bro?

Back with quite a large bag of changes, additions and improvements. I guess the big ticket item is that I have finally gotten around to implementing an ambient civilian zombie system, using maxjoiner's zombie addon. I was prompted to do this by the recent release of the outstanding Chernarus Redux map, which is just crying out for zombies. There are of course a number of zombie systems such as Ryans' amazing Zombies and Demons addon which allow highly configurable zombie scenarios to be created, but I was after a simple set and forget system which didn't require any editor or scripting, and which when invoked would create a simple zombie infestation, whilst simultaneously disabling most of the other TPW ambience to further the illusion. TPW ZOMBIES are actually more atmospheric/decorative than a true threat - they shamble around slowly, moaning occasionally, moving gradually towards the player and attacking if they can  get close enough, but they don't have super speed, super strength or the ability to soak up unbelievable damage. They are exempt from TPW FALL so will use Arma's bullshit flinching mechanic when hit - in this case the mechanic actually suits the idea of chemical nerve agent affected zombies (rather than undead brain eaters) with no higher cognitive functions who don't actually feel when hit. By default the region specific civilians are zombified, so you can for instance see zombie Takistanis on Takistan if using CUP Units. TPW ZOMBIES is disabled by default. If you enable it in the HPP, it can be deactivated/reactivated at any time by script/trigger/debug console using tpw_zombies_active false/true  respectively. Speaking of civilian ambience, the TPW DEFAULT behaviour of minimising civ ambience after 11pm and before 5pm is now globally user configurable. Lastly, TPW SKIRMISH now allows you to select units based on simple pattern matching, which may help with more fine grained tuning of desired combatants. Enjoy. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, tpw said:

[ZOMBIES 1.00] New mod. Ambient zombies will spawn around player. Requires maxjoiner's zombies addon.

Great addition , Thanks Tpw!

• Like 1

Now just needs a decapitation script for the zombies and we are set :)

• Like 2

thanks for this:

tpw_civ_init = "";

:D you're a gent mate

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kremator said:

Now just needs a decapitation script for the zombies and we are set :)

Try this mod 

It worked before with Ryan's Zombies and Demons so it "should" work with Max's awesome zombie mod as well!

• Like 1

@ TPW I wanted a bit of clarity in this line of the userconfig:

tpw_air_exclude = 1; // exclusion. 0 = all aircraft, 1 = civilian aircraft excluded, 2 = military aircraft excluded

For 0, did you mean NO or NONE aircraft, and not ALL, would be excluded? That would be the logical thinking since we can turn this seting on or off, correct?

TIP for ACE users would be to DISABLE TPW_BLEEDOUT and TPW_FALLING IF ACE MEDICAL has been enabled. I have tested this and it works with no conflicts for ACE.

If you disable ACE MEDICAL or remove the * medical pbos and dlls then you can enable back TPW BLEEDOUT and FALLING.

Maybe in the future TWP mod can determine if ACE medical has been loaded and automagically disable bleedout and falling. 

1 hour ago, Valken said:

@ TPW I wanted a bit of clarity in this line of the userconfig:

tpw_air_exclude = 1; // exclusion. 0 = all aircraft, 1 = civilian aircraft excluded, 2 = military aircraft excluded

For 0, did you mean NO or NONE aircraft, and not ALL, would be excluded? That would be the logical thinking since we can turn this seting on or off, correct?

TIP for ACE users would be to DISABLE TPW_BLEEDOUT and TPW_FALLING IF ACE MEDICAL has been enabled. I have tested this and it works with no conflicts for ACE.

If you disable ACE MEDICAL or remove the * medical pbos and dlls then you can enable back TPW BLEEDOUT and FALLING.

Maybe in the future TWP mod can determine if ACE medical has been loaded and automagically disable bleedout and falling. 

Hi Valken. I get what you mean about the confusing wording. 0 = no aircraft excluded, all aircraft allowed.

I'll have a look at ACE exclusion , though to be honest I'm not gonna jump through hoops for ACE or any other mod. 

I'm getting major errors.  Not just every so often, but persistent errors, concerning TPW_core line 101 Undefined variable in expression _str.  Zombies are disabled because Max Zombies can be acquired only in Armaholic.  Also on line 121.  The error seems to be in relation with a BIS string function.  

Edited by badanov

6 hours ago, badanov said:

I'm getting major errors.  Not just every so often, but persistent errors, concerning TPW_core line 101 Undefined variable in expression _str.  Zombies are disabled because Max Zombies can be acquired only in Armaholic.  Also on line 121.  The error seems to be in relation with a BIS string function.  

Did you update your HPP mate? TPW CORE's  init now requires the strings used to specify civilians (rather than having them spread around the other mods) and will error out if it doesn't receive them.

1 hour ago, tpw said:

Did you update your HPP mate? TPW CORE's  init now requires the strings used to specify civilians (rather than having them spread around the other mods) and will error out if it doesn't receive them.

I was using the updated hpp.  I failed to mention that civilians in town aren't spawning at all.  I checked to see if I have the latest version of CBA and I do.  I will try to reinstall TPW to see if a fix is there.

12 minutes ago, badanov said:

I was using the updated hpp.  I failed to mention that civilians in town aren't spawning at all.  I checked to see if I have the latest version of CBA and I do.  I will try to reinstall TPW to see if a fix is there.

A redownload and reinstall might do the trick. The problem is that my service provider throttles uploads, so it can take up to an hour (which really pisses me off) for the tpw_mods.zip to be fully present on dropbox. It seems a few people have downloaded it before it's fully there, this might be causing some problems.

Note to self: don't put the bloody link online until the file has fully uploaded....

4 minutes ago, tpw said:

A redownload and reinstall might do the trick. The problem is that my service provider throttles uploads, so it can take up to an hour (which really pisses me off) for the tpw_mods.zip to be fully present on dropbox. It seems a few people have downloaded it before it's fully there, this might be causing some problems.

Note to self: don't put the bloody link online until the file has fully uploaded....

I am going to post a short video for you to see.  The reinstall failed to fix the problem.

7 minutes ago, badanov said:

I am going to post a short video for you to see.  The reinstall failed to fix the problem.

Cool, and can you please PM your HPP?

Here is the video.

I will redownload and reinstall to see if that helps.

Edited:

No go.

As an aside, I guess you need to have max joiner's zombies to activate the zombies mod, because it doesn't activate, and would, I assume, throw more exceptions.

Edited by badanov
Update message

11 hours ago, badanov said:

Here is the video.

I will redownload and reinstall to see if that helps.

Edited:

No go.

As an aside, I guess you need to have max joiner's zombies to activate the zombies mod, because it doesn't activate, and would, I assume, throw more exceptions.

Sorry man, I don't let facebook within a mile of my computer, so I'll just take your word for it with that video.

TPW ZOMBIES shouldn't throw exceptions if maxjoiners zombies isn't installed, it will just detect that it isn't installed and deactivate itself.

Thanks for sending through your hpp. I just tried a fresh install of TPW MODS from the tpw_mods_201080324.zip from dropbox and all works as advertised. Please make sure that you have the updated HPP in the correct path : your_arma_install\userconfig\tpw_mods\tpw_mods.hpp. The errors you are alluding to are most likely because tpw_core is not being fed the correct civilian strings from the hpp. Your hpp looked correct but might be in the wrong location. Apologies if not.

Arma 3 was using an old version in my downloads directory.  Dunno why it did that, coz I didn't tell it to look there.  Anyway, it launched properly, so all is right with the world.  Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badanov said:

Arma 3 was using an old version in my downloads directory.  Dunno why it did that, coz I didn't tell it to look there.  Anyway, it launched properly, so all is right with the world.  Thanks.

Fantastic, I like satisfied customers :)

• Like 2