tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Hi TPW,

I wanted to ask is it possible to increase the user defined units to more than 3 - blufor, opfor and greenfor?

Can we have 2x user mod units per team instead?

I noticed we can combine default + 1 user unit into a side, but I wanted an option to add 2x user units into side to simulate joint operations. For example China and Russia on one side vs Nato vs Indy.

Or is there a limitation due to the number of units or squads from the arma engine?

Hello TPDubya

My buddy and I were discussing the other day about CPU, FPS, Cycles, blah blah blah.

We were wondering how the engine or the game processes the information. For example let's say we have tpw installed and activated, but let's say there is only one option that is running, for example tpw animals. Does the CPU have to process all of the entries in your mod first, and then decide that only one of them is active, over and over and over throughout the mission?

Or,

Does the CPU only process that tpw is on and that only animals is active, throughout the mission and the rest being ignored?

We are always trying to streamline our mods as much as possible.

4 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

Hello TPDubya

My buddy and I were discussing the other day about CPU, FPS, Cycles, blah blah blah.

We were wondering how the engine or the game processes the information. For example let's say we have tpw installed and activated, but let's say there is only one option that is running, for example tpw animals. Does the CPU have to process all of the entries in your mod first, and then decide that only one of them is active, over and over and over throughout the mission?

Or,

Does the CPU only process that tpw is on and that only animals is active, throughout the mission and the rest being ignored?

We are always trying to streamline our mods as much as possible.

Hi mate. If you have any tpw mods disabled in the hpp, then they won’t actually be loaded. If you have them enabled in the hpp, but disable them using tpw_whatever_active =false in a trigger or script, then they do run, but the main loop of each script will be skipped over.  So they will use a few cycles.

Edit: it’s worth blowing my horn to mention that in the last few releases I’ve been on a massive efficiency drive and clawed back a fairly significant amount of cycles from some of the heavier routines in the mods. Just for giggles I loaded up an older version of tpw mods from last year and it was like a computer downgrade.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Valken said:

Hi TPW,

I wanted to ask is it possible to increase the user defined units to more than 3 - blufor, opfor and greenfor?

Can we have 2x user mod units per team instead?

I noticed we can combine default + 1 user unit into a side, but I wanted an option to add 2x user units into side to simulate joint operations. For example China and Russia on one side vs Nato vs Indy.

Or is there a limitation due to the number of units or squads from the arma engine?

Hi Valken. You’re not the first person to request this, and the limitation is purely due to me shirking the amount of work it involves. Watch this space!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tpw said:

I’ve been on a massive efficiency drive and clawed back a fairly significant amount of cycles from some of the heavier routines in the mods.

...yup, read that a few days ago, thus our discussion. We really appreciate the fact that your mod is always being tweaked because some of us are still running some dated spudware.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

...yup, read that a few days ago, thus our discussion. We really appreciate the fact that your mod is always being tweaked because some of us are still running some dated spudware.

Bahaha, never heard the term spudware before, that made my day!

Hey tpw,

I've noticed that tpw_park_active set to false doesn't work. I still get spawned parked vehicles. Please take a look at it when able.

4 hours ago, arma131 said:

Hey tpw,

I've noticed that tpw_park_active set to false doesn't work. I still get spawned parked vehicles. Please take a look at it when able.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll investigate ASAP

I've noticed that tpw_park_active set to false doesn't work. I still get spawned parked vehicles.

FYI, seems to work for me just fine,...

Could it be the mission you're playing in particular? (Already has spawned vehicles?)

15 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

FYI, seems to work for me just fine,...

Could it be the mission you're playing in particular? (Already has spawned vehicles?)

Don't see how that's possible since it's my mission and there is no code to spawn vehicles in it.

1 hour ago, arma131 said:

Don't see how that's possible since it's my mission and there is no code to spawn vehicles in it.

Oh,?,,,,oopsie

14 hours ago, arma131 said:

OK so I had a good look at the code, and I can see that under certain circumstances new parked cars would in fact continue to spawn even if tpw_park_active = false. I have amended the code to fix this, and added a few other improvements besides. I will release this shortly. Thanks for the bug report arma131, I really appreciate it.

• Thanks 2

TPW MODS 20180224: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1o0mw5rzclurbd/TPW_MODS_20180224.zip

Changes:

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]

• [CORE 1.52, FOG 1.62, SOAP 1.27] Added Farkhar Valley to relevant climate and region lists. 
  • [CORE 1.52] Fixed bug which occasionally prevented house scanning on mission start if using random start position.
  • [BOATS 1.37, CARS 1.58] Attempts to fix intermittent CTD bug when using CUP civilians on latest dev builds. Warning: I am sick and tired of dev builds breaking things, so am reverting to building and only guaranteeing support of TPW MODS against the latest stable build from now on.
  • [FOG 1.62] Increased visibility fade in/out time for tpw_fog_fnc_duststorm.
  • [PARK 1.18] Additional code to ensure the tpw_park_active toggle works correctly. Increased scanning frequency to reduce car popin.
  • [SKIRMISH 1.43] User may now specify multiple strings for custom factions and vehicles.
  • [SOAP 1.27] Adjusted telephone and respiratory ambience volume.  

Howdy all. Back with a pretty large swag of changes and improvements, thanks to people for suggestions and bug reports! The main big addition is that TWP SKIRMISH now allows you to specify as many custom factions as you want. So in addition to the 7 built in factions, you can use an array of custom strings (as opposed to the single string in previous versions) to select as many factions as you require, from the mods you have loaded. So there's nothing stopping you from whatever implausible joint operations you'd like to run!

The other main thing to note is that I have reverted back to stable build and am only going to build TPW MODS against it from now on. Nothing in the dev builds address any of the unmoddable long standing core issues I have with the game (Atrocious AI vehicle pathfinding, clutter popin, lack of females or body type variants, clunky animations, no proper fresh and running water simulation or wet surface handling, poor performance, any advancement in dynamic shadowing, etc etc etc), so periodically having dev builds render my game unplayable is not worth it for me. The latest dev builds actually caused random CTDs when spawning CUP vehicles. I added some workarounds to minimise it, then cracked the shits and went back to stable build and the problem went away :)

On an unrelated note, I'm happy to report that I am able to play 64 bit Arma3 with CUP again. For at least 6 months the 64 bit version would crash after the splash screen if I had any CUP stuff enabled. The 32 bit exe + CUP ran ok. I accidentally discovered that it was MSI Afterburner causing the issues. I disabled it and can now run 64 bit Arma3 + CUP, with all the performance smoothness improvements that provides.          

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, tpw said:

--- Atrocious AI vehicle pathfinding, clutter popin, lack of females or body type variants, clunky animations, no proper fresh and running water simulation or wet surface handling, poor performance, any advancement in dynamic shadowing ---

So now we have a new checklist for you to work on :f:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, RabidStoat said:

So now we have a new checklist for you to work on :f:

No worries, I’ll have it all fixed next week...

• Haha 1

I'm so glad you are still working on this mod actively, because I can no longer play Arma 3 without this mod :eyeheart:

Btw, I have some questions

1. Is this mod compatible with ACE? Though I haven't fully got the idea of what ACE does...

2. Sometimes my AI squad members lose their weapons, presumably after dismounting. Do you think TPW's got a part in this?

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Dolen said:

I'm so glad you are still working on this mod actively, because I can no longer play Arma 3 without this mod :eyeheart:

Btw, I have some questions

1. Is this mod compatible with ACE? Though I haven't fully got the idea of what ACE does...

2. Sometimes my AI squad members lose their weapons, presumably after dismounting. Do you think TPW's got a part in this?

Thanks,

Hi Dolen, thanks for the kind words.

1 - Not sure. I stopped using ACE a long time ago. ACE does encompass a huge range of functions and I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were conflicts. 

2 - I've never seen this, and I use TPW MODS all the time strangely enough. What other mods are you running? 

Hello TPW! A question about TPW FALL - fallen units become neutral to all, so my AI teammates stop shooting at them. Is there a way to disable it (for enemies only, if it possible)?

10 hours ago, shoker said:

Hello TPW! A question about TPW FALL - fallen units become neutral to all, so my AI teammates stop shooting at them. Is there a way to disable it (for enemies only, if it possible)?

Not really mate. TPW FALL uses the command setunconscious to ragdoll units, which automatically renders them neutral and can't be over-ridden. Furthermore, if you are using TPW BLEEDOUT, badly injured units will stay writing on the ground and are setcaptive true , which also renders them neutral. If you want to throw the Geneva convention out the window and shoot injured combatants, I guess you'll have to do it yourself :)

On 2/24/2018 at 5:20 PM, Dolen said:

Are you using the "All the Weapons" mod?  I often see AI weapons disappear when my AI enemies die . . . but I *think* it's related to me using the "All the Weapons" mod.  When the AI soldiers spawn in, that mod removes their default weapon(s) and immediately switches with random weapon(s) from the inventory for more variety in firefights.  However, I think it ALSO tries to switch their weapons A SECOND TIME when they drop their weapon upon dying, but since they're dead, it refuses to "re-spawn" a new weapon.  Thus, the weapon just disappears when the AI soldier dies.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that DEAD AI soldiers (from TPW mods - skirmish) seem to disappear much more quickly from memory?

Might be good for memory management, but it makes it MUCH more difficult for me to scavenge weapons & supplies from them.

1 hour ago, heyvern69 said:

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that DEAD AI soldiers (from TPW mods - skirmish) seem to disappear much more quickly from memory?

Might be good for memory management, but it makes it MUCH more difficult for me to scavenge weapons & supplies from them.

Hmmm. I purposefully added cleanup code because depending on settings you could end up with literally dozens of dead units. I’ll have a look at making the cleanup time configurable.

1 hour ago, tpw said:

Hmmm. I purposefully added cleanup code because depending on settings you could end up with literally dozens of dead units. I’ll have a look at making the cleanup time configurab.

Hey TPW, download Rydigier pilgrimage single player version and take a look in there because he has a scroll wheel option that allows you to clean up bodies and wrecks....at will. That way everyone can do what they want when they want with the Corpses.

Hello, in the first I want to say thank you for such a great mod, I can not do without your mod, my question is, is it possible to make the AI as CQB that go into the building, until now I have not seen that or a second SKIRMISH make for a CQB ... sorry for my english, i can only french or german. Thanks again for your great work and that you are there for us players ;-)