tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

14 hours ago, 0Y0 said:

And when to wait for the update?)

I try to update once a week, so just hang in there 3-4 days )))))

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dolen said:

Stamina bar is not showing correctly, any idea?

And also, I want to know what changes you made to the stamina/fatigue system.

Did you remove stamina system?

Thanks,

I haven't done anything to the stamina system per se. Units will be fatigued by falling and or taking damage in TPW FALL, and as a result of blood loss in TPW BLEEDOUT. To be honest I don't run the stamina bar, so I will look into it further for you.

TPW MODS 20180207: https://www.dropbox.com/s/buhxgjx3zggvijp/TPW_MODS_20180207.zip

Changes:

• [BLEEDOUT 1.33, CORE 1.50] Resolved anomalous behaviour where dead units flipped onto their backs.
  • [FALL 1.60] Units using Polpox Calm animations excluded from TPW FALL. 

Just a small update incorporating 0Y0's observations and requests)

• Thanks 2

This looks great! Im having some issues getting it to work, I have the mod running with the with TPW_MODS in my userconfig folder but nothing seems to happen? is it map/building specific?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, FoxhoundBC said:

This looks great! Im having some issues getting it to work, I have the mod running with the with TPW_MODS in my userconfig folder but nothing seems to happen? is it map/building specific?

Thanks!

TPW MODS runs on any map, so if you don't at least see its popup screen a few seconds after you start a mission then it's likely that it's just not installed correctly. Did you run the installer or copy stuff manually? Did you activate the installed mod in the launcher? 

Animations Polpox still do not work correctly)

6 hours ago, 0Y0 said:

Animations Polpox still do not work correctly)

That's what you get for pressuring me to release it too early :)

In all seriousness though, it's a tricky one. Polpox sets a variable 0 on each unit when it's animating, and changes the variable to 1 when the animation ends. If nothing is happening then the unit picks another animation and the variable is reset to 0. If they encounter an enemy then the animation stops and the variable is set to 1. My original implementation excluded any units with that variable 0. The trouble is that the window where the variable is 1 seems to be long enough thatTPW FALL picks them up occasionally. That variable is the only real handle I have to differentiate polpox units though. 

The glitching animation is because polpox attaches an invisible object to each animating unit (not sure why), which TPW FALL registers as being off the ground. It also makes the HUD show two icons for every polpox unit. I can exclude Polpox units altogether from TPW FALL, but that  means that they'll do the bullshit flinching thing when shot. I can also modify the polpox script which prevents the issue.

Give me time to find a better workaround!

EDIT: In the mean time here's a version of TPW MODS that totally excludes Polpox animated units from TPW FALL. https://www.dropbox.com/s/h75a5145ug3b7jj/TPW_MODS.pbo

• Thanks 1

Awesome thanks! I Forgot to relaunch arma after adding the userconfig. For the strings of classnames for Civs/Vehicles is that the faction classname?

3 hours ago, FoxhoundBC said:

Awesome thanks! I Forgot to relaunch arma after adding the userconfig. For the strings of classnames for Civs/Vehicles is that the faction classname?

No mate it's the actual classname of the unit. Have a look at the last couple of pages in this thread, I explained it in a bit of detail recently.

12 hours ago, tpw said:

No mate it's the actual classname of the unit. Have a look at the last couple of pages in this thread, I explained it in a bit of detail recently.

Thanks! I tried adding the classnames of the units specifically but it didnt seem to work, Im using Lythium do I need to add that somewhere?

Hmmm after doing so digging it looks like Lythium is already added. Im trying to get a custom made civilian faction to work with it wit the classname "MSF_AFG" and each civilians classname starts with "C_MSFAFG_Afghan_Civilian"

14 hours ago, FoxhoundBC said:

Thanks! I tried adding the classnames of the units specifically but it didnt seem to work, Im using Lythium do I need to add that somewhere?

Hmmm after doing so digging it looks like Lythium is already added. Im trying to get a custom made civilian faction to work with it wit the classname "MSF_AFG" and each civilians classname starts with "C_MSFAFG_Afghan_Civilian"

The idea is that you use strings specific to the type of civs you want to spawn, on the type of maps you want them to spawn on.

So for mideast maps, including Lythium, you need to change the 4th string. By default, in the TPW_MODS.HPP, it is:

tpw_civ_mapstrings[] = {"c_man","c_man","cup_c_c","cup_c_tk","c_man","c_man"}; // civilian classname strings for Mediterranean, Oceanian, European, Mideastern, African, Asian maps respectively

This setup will use CUP Takistanis as mideast civs if you have the mod installed, and will fall back to normal BIS civilians otherwise. I know this works because that's my setup!

Based on what you've told me, you could try changing it to 

tpw_civ_mapstrings[] = {"c_man","c_man","cup_c_c","MSFAFG","c_man","c_man"}; // civilian classname strings for Mediterranean, Oceanian, European, Mideastern, African, Asian maps respectively

This should use any civs with "MSFAFG" in their classname, but fall back  to BIS civs if the civ mod of yours is not installed or you've got the classnames wrong :) Let me know how you go. Remember you need to restart the game for these changes to have an effect. 

• Like 1

I'm trying to attach TPW_SOAP to a mission as a script, essentially the same thing Godis_1 tried to do from my understanding..

What i've done - dePbo'd tpw_ambience.pbo and tpw_sounds.pbo, moved the required sounds to mission folder\sounds, kept the original directory tree (\sounds\mideast\1.ogg for example), copied tpw_core.sqf and tpw_soap.sqf into the mission folder, added these lines to init.sqf: 

0 = [] execVM "tpw_core.sqf";
0 = [1,1,1,1,1,0,0,2,12] execvm "tpw_soap.sqf";

added all the sounds to description.ext in this format:

class CfgSounds
{
	sounds[] = {};
	class radio1
	{
		name="";
		sound[]={"sounds\TPW_sounds\sounds\radio1.ogg",1,1};
		titles[] = {0,""};
	};
};

and changed the directories in tpw_soap.sqf from "TPW_AMBIENCE\sounds\..." to "sounds\..."

So far I've reached the same apparent dead end where the ambient sounds don't play and the rpt log claims that the .oggs aren't found even though the file directories in description.ext and tpw_soap.sqf matches the real thing in the mission folder

snippet from Arma3_x64_2018-02-10_01-57-38.rpt

5:57:46 Sound: Error: File: sounds\mideast\s2.ogg not found !!!
 5:57:56 Sound: Error: File: sounds\mideast\22.ogg not found !!!
 5:57:57 Sound: Error: File: sounds\mideast\1.ogg not found !!!
 5:58:05 Sound: Error: File: sounds\mideast\6.ogg not found !!!
 5:58:06 Sound: Error: File: sounds\mideast\2.ogg not found !!!
 5:58:17 Sound: Error: File: sounds\construction\b5.ogg not found !!!
 5:58:18 Sound: Error: File: sounds\construction\b2.ogg not found !!!

no i don't have @TPW_Mods loaded, running SOAP as an addon isn't really an option simply because i'd prefer to keep it contained in the mission for ease of access

description.ext: https://pastebin.com/6FA4DAnG
tpw_soap.sqf: https://pastebin.com/xC6mFHPL

Edited by evokerzz
pastebins for description.ext and edited tpw_soap.sqf

13 minutes ago, evokerzz said:

I'm trying to attach TPW_SOAP to a mission as a script, essentially the same thing Godis_1 tried to do from my understanding..

What i've done - dePbo'd tpw_ambience.pbo and tpw_sounds.pbo, moved the required sounds to mission folder\sounds, kept the original directory tree (\sounds\mideast\1.ogg for example), copied tpw_core.sqf and tpw_soap.sqf into the mission folder, added these lines to init.sqf: 

0 = [] execVM "tpw_core.sqf";
0 = [1,1,1,1,1,0,0,2,12] execvm "tpw_soap.sqf";

added all the sounds to description.ext in this format:

class CfgSounds
{
	sounds[] = {};
	class radio1
	{
		name="";
		titles[] = {0,""};
	};
};

and changed the directories in tpw_soap.sqf from "TPW_AMBIENCE\sounds\..." to "sounds\..."

So far I've reached the same apparent dead end where the ambient sounds don't play and the rpt log claims that the .oggs aren't found even though the file directories in description.ext and tpw_soap.sqf matches the real thing in the mission folder

snippet from Arma3_x64_2018-02-10_01-57-38.rpt

5:57:46 Sound: Error: File: sounds\mideast\s2.ogg not found !!!
 5:57:56 Sound: Error: File: sounds\mideast\22.ogg not found !!!
 5:57:57 Sound: Error: File: sounds\mideast\1.ogg not found !!!
 5:58:05 Sound: Error: File: sounds\mideast\6.ogg not found !!!
 5:58:06 Sound: Error: File: sounds\mideast\2.ogg not found !!!
 5:58:17 Sound: Error: File: sounds\construction\b5.ogg not found !!!
 5:58:18 Sound: Error: File: sounds\construction\b2.ogg not found !!!

no i don't have @TPW_Mods loaded, running SOAP as an addon isn't really an option simply because i'd prefer to keep it contained in the mission for ease of access

description.ext: https://pastebin.com/6FA4DAnG
tpw_soap.sqf: https://pastebin.com/xC6mFHPL

Try changing

to

sound[]={"\sounds\TPW_sounds\sounds\radio1.ogg",1,1}; 

I've found that the whole relative/absolute path thing can get complicated!

9 minutes ago, evokerzz said:

still no ambient sound ingame and getting the same errors in the rpt

Just before I devote any more of my time to this, I'd request a little clarification from you. Are you a member of the F3 team http://ferstaberinde.com/f3/en//index.php or just using their framework for your mission? Because if it's the former, then generally people ask me for permission and do me the courtesy of crediting me in their derivative works when they use my assets and scripts (which F3 don't, for any of the mods whose assets they use). I can't force you to do either of these things, but I'm under no obligation to help you if you don't. If I've got my wires crossed then I apologise.

Moving on

In the description ext you have the paths for some sounds as :

"sounds\TPW_sounds\sounds\chainsaw4.ogg",

And others as
 "sounds\mideast\1.ogg"

Can you tell me what the directory structure you are using for all the sounds, because the inconsistency in your path conventions is probably the cause of the issue

20 hours ago, tpw said:

The idea is that you use strings specific to the type of civs you want to spawn, on the type of maps you want them to spawn on.

So for mideast maps, including Lythium, you need to change the 4th string. By default, in the TPW_MODS.HPP, it is:

tpw_civ_mapstrings[] = {"c_man","c_man","cup_c_c","cup_c_tk","c_man","c_man"}; // civilian classname strings for Mediterranean, Oceanian, European, Mideastern, African, Asian maps respectively

This setup will use CUP Takistanis as mideast civs if you have the mod installed, and will fall back to normal BIS civilians otherwise. I know this works because that's my setup!

Based on what you've told me, you could try changing it to 

tpw_civ_mapstrings[] = {"c_man","c_man","cup_c_c","MSFAFG","c_man","c_man"}; // civilian classname strings for Mediterranean, Oceanian, European, Mideastern, African, Asian maps respectively

This should use any civs with "MSFAFG" in their classname, but fall back  to BIS civs if the civ mod of yours is not installed or you've got the classnames wrong :) Let me know how you go. Remember you need to restart the game for these changes to have an effect. 

Thanks so much that worked perfectly! Outstanding mod btw!

i'm just using their framework and i'm crediting everyone who's work i use or modify in the notes section of the briefing

and the paths are set up going by PBOs

\sounds\construction - all sounds from tpw_ambience.pbo\sounds\construction
\sounds\fear - all sounds from tpw_ambience.pbo\sounds\fear
\sounds\mideast - all sounds from tpw_ambience.pbo\sounds\mideast
\sounds\phone - all sounds from tpw_ambience.pbo\sounds\phone
\sounds\traffic - all sounds from tpw_ambience.pbo\sounds\traffic
\sounds\tpw_sounds\sounds - all sounds from tpw_sounds.pbo\sounds

i copied the paths and changed them accordingly from the config.cpp file of each pbo making sure that the paths match

the strange thing is that the call to prayer sound (ctp.ogg at \sounds\ctp.ogg) that i use with a simple timed script works fine
*edit: i tested the directories with something that i know that works, the call to prayer - and the sounds play fine, so i'm guessing that the issue causing the rtp errors is somewhere in tpw_soap.pbo

class prayer
	{
		name = "prayer";
		sound[] = {"sounds\mideast\26.ogg", 5, 1, 12000}; //for testing if the dir works with the ctp script
//		sound[] = {"sounds\CTP.ogg", 5, 1, 12000};
		titles[] = {0,""};
	};

ctp.sqf: https://pastebin.com/9dgkP45A

2 hours ago, evokerzz said:

i'm just using their framework and i'm crediting everyone who's work i use or modify in the notes section of the briefing

and the paths are set up going by PBOs

\sounds\construction - all sounds from tpw_ambience.pbo\sounds\construction
\sounds\fear - all sounds from tpw_ambience.pbo\sounds\fear
\sounds\mideast - all sounds from tpw_ambience.pbo\sounds\mideast
\sounds\phone - all sounds from tpw_ambience.pbo\sounds\phone
\sounds\traffic - all sounds from tpw_ambience.pbo\sounds\traffic
\sounds\tpw_sounds\sounds - all sounds from tpw_sounds.pbo\sounds

i copied the paths and changed them accordingly from the config.cpp file of each pbo making sure that the paths match

the strange thing is that the call to prayer sound (ctp.ogg at \sounds\ctp.ogg) that i use with a simple timed script works fine
*edit: i tested the directories with something that i know that works, the call to prayer - and the sounds play fine, so i'm guessing that the issue causing the rtp errors is somewhere in tpw_soap.pbo

class prayer
	{
		name = "prayer";
		sound[] = {"sounds\mideast\26.ogg", 5, 1, 12000}; //for testing if the dir works with the ctp script
//		sound[] = {"sounds\CTP.ogg", 5, 1, 12000};
		titles[] = {0,""};
	};

ctp.sqf: https://pastebin.com/9dgkP45A

Your script uses say3d, which is calling the sound by its class. Soap uses playsound3d, which calls it by its full path and file name. So your cfg  seems to be ok, it’s just the way soap is calling the path.

I suggest trying different combinations of tpw_soap_path in the script until you find one that works

eg

sounds/Mideast/

/sounds/Mideast/

./sounds/Mideast/

sounds\mideast\

\sounds\mideast\

You get the idea. Sooner or later you’ll stumble upon a correct relative path and the script will stop shitting itself.

On 08.02.2018 at 1:11 AM, tpw said:

Give me time to find a better workaround!

EDIT: In the mean time here's a version of TPW MODS that totally excludes Polpox animated units from TPW FALL. https://www.dropbox.com/s/h75a5145ug3b7jj/TPW_MODS.pbo

Thank you) Even in this version it is already possible to use))

21 hours ago, tpw said:

Your script uses say3d, which is calling the sound by its class. Soap uses playsound3d, which calls it by its full path and file name. So your cfg  seems to be ok, it’s just the way soap is calling the path.

I suggest trying different combinations of tpw_soap_path in the script until you find one that works

eg

sounds/Mideast/

/sounds/Mideast/

./sounds/Mideast/

sounds\mideast\

\sounds\mideast\

You get the idea. Sooner or later you’ll stumble upon a correct relative path and the script will stop shitting itself.

YES! I figured it out!
@Godis_1 might be interested in this too

found a solution for it on http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-mission-root/

first you have to add a few lines to init.sqf to define the mission folder's root:

MISSION_ROOT = call {
    private "_arr";
    _arr = toArray str missionConfigFile;
    _arr resize (count _arr - 15);
    toString _arr
};

then you need to make sure that you have the correct paths for the sounds in tpw_soap.sqf, in my case it meant changing things like

_sound = format ["TPW_AMBIENCE\sounds\fear\%1.ogg",(ceil random 12)];

to

_sound = format ["sounds\fear\%1.ogg",(ceil random 12)];

after that you need to find all playsound3d lines in tpw_soap.sqf and add "MISSION_ROOT +" to all of them
example:

playsound3d [MISSION_ROOT + _sound,_house,false,getposasl _house,1.5,_pitch,250];

and after doing all that, the ambient sounds work when they're in the mission folder!

here's tpw_soap.sqf with the edits i've done to it so that you could take a look at it: https://pastebin.com/Cqv3RqW2
*note: i removed the code for chainsaw sounds in case they do play because they don't suit the map i'm making the mission for

• Like 2

1 hour ago, evokerzz said:

YES! I figured it out!
@Godis_1 might be interested in this too

found a solution for it on http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-mission-root/

first you have to add a few lines to init.sqf to define the mission folder's root:

MISSION_ROOT = call {
    private "_arr";
    _arr = toArray str missionConfigFile;
    _arr resize (count _arr - 15);
    toString _arr
};

then you need to make sure that you have the correct paths for the sounds in tpw_soap.sqf, in my case it meant changing things like

_sound = format ["TPW_AMBIENCE\sounds\fear\%1.ogg",(ceil random 12)];

to

_sound = format ["sounds\fear\%1.ogg",(ceil random 12)];

after that you need to find all playsound3d lines in tpw_soap.sqf and add "MISSION_ROOT +" to all of them
example:

playsound3d [MISSION_ROOT + _sound,_house,false,getposasl _house,1.5,_pitch,250];

and after doing all that, the ambient sounds work when they're in the mission folder!

here's tpw_soap.sqf with the edits i've done to it so that you could take a look at it: https://pastebin.com/Cqv3RqW2
*note: i removed the code for chainsaw sounds in case they do play because they don't suit the map i'm making the mission for

Good find mate. This is something that I've never had to consider before because of the way I package my mods up.

Enjoy the ambience, please post a link here to your final mission if/when you release it so that others may bask in your skillz.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2018 at 10:51 AM, tpw said:

Good find mate. This is something that I've never had to consider before because of the way I package my mods up.

Enjoy the ambience, please post a link here to your final mission if/when you release it so that others may bask in your skillz.

It's more of a mission platform than a complete thing where you can hop in and get guided from one task to the next, supports 1-50 people COOP, PVP, ZVZ and SP(lan), uses MCC for mission generation via the console and if people want something more detailed than MCC generating can do then you can hand sculpt nearly everything on the fly as zeus. I sort of got the inspiration from patrol ops

here's the steam workshop link for it: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1272267836

I'll keep working on it though so it'll be semi-regularly updated

*edit: BROKEN AS OF 12.02.2018 - gets stuck on loading arsenal in multiplayer for some reason, no idea why, the same version worked after the last update less than 24 hours ago

On 2/12/2018 at 4:52 AM, evokerzz said:

*edit: BROKEN AS OF 12.02.2018 - gets stuck on loading arsenal in multiplayer for some reason, no idea why, the same version worked after the last update less than 24 hours ago

Latest dev builds are causing guaranteed crashes with "INTEGER DIVIDE BY ZERO" errors after 5 or so minutes playing with CUP maps and assets. I wonder if this is related.

TPW MODS 20180217: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqqa3w4frz1hpz0/TPW_MODS_20180217.zip

Changes:

• [CORE 1.51, FOG 1.61, SOAP 1.26] Added Hellanmaa to relevant climate and region lists. 
  • [FALL 1.61] Improved Polpox exclusion.
  • [SOAP 1.26] Edited out a few annoying repetitive sounds. Added additional respiratory ambience: coughs, sneezes, crying etc.

Nothing major.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2