tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

On 11/1/2017 at 8:08 AM, Tim Tiger said:

Hey guys i need help. Dunno if its a bug or i'm just dumb:

1:

tpw_fall_falltime = 60; - despite this setting AI units recover after same time on ground (about 5 seconds) no matter if they were animated or ragdolled. As i can understand with 60 seconds in this line after ragdoll AI must recover in a range between 60 and 120 sec... any ideas?

2:

tpw_bleedout_active = 1;
tpw_bleedout_inc = 3;
tpw_bleedout_ithresh = 0.70; - despite this settings, player always dies when bleeding out to the threshold HP (30% in this case i guess...?) instead of passing out.

plz help

thanks in advance! 

Hi Tim Tiger

I don't see these issues sorry. The way FALL works is that the time on the ground is proportional to the damage. So if you've set tpw_fall_falltime = 60 and a unit takes a small hit , say damage = 0.1, then it'll be immobilised for 6 seconds. If he takes a 0.5 damage hit then he'll be down for 30 sec etc. If you have TPW BLEEDOUT active and the damage is greater than the tpw_bleedout_ithresh then the unit will stay down until either healed or it bleeds out. BLEEDOUT does not make a unit die, that only happens if its damage is greater than 1.

Are you running any other mods, and can you PM me a copy of your HPP just in case. Thanks

On 11/1/2017 at 9:09 PM, redarmy said:

@tpw

Hi man hope alls well...

I just updated to the latest update,loving the features,feels more refined than ever.

I was wondering if TPW fall,you might add an optional parameter in the config.

Specifically  "tpw_fall_falltime ="  which sets a MAXIMUM time on ground after bullet hit. Is there any chance of adding a Minimum time on ground parameter?

The reason i ask is because im using psychs ais wounding revive system,which actually works very well with TPW fall( it didnt in the past but does now) with the exception of units standing back up while still in a "need to be revived" state . its small issue but breaks immersion.I understand TPW mods will often not play well with others as theres alot of tweaks,and you cant make this compatible with everything,but if you could add this feature it would be nice,with or without the revive script i use,it would be a nice parameter to change if one simply wanted shot AI to be disabled for longer amounts of time.

Hi redarmy

Thanks for the suggestion. I will add this variable for you. In the mean time, as per my post to Tim Tiger, if you set tpw_fall_falltime to a large value such as 500 then even a small damage hit will keep the unit down for quite a while

• Thanks 1

TPW MODS 20171104: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzpdslewpovizvf/TPW_MODS_20171104.zip

Changes:

HPP UPDATE REQUIRED

• [CORE 1.47, FOG 1.58] Hunters Valley, Beketov, Ryderwood, Chernarus winter, Utes winter, Thirsk winter, Artic added to region and climate list
  • [DUCK 1.04] Editor placed units in crouch/kneel will stay that way until suppressed.
  • [FALL 1.58] You may now specify a minimum time for a hit unit to remain incapacitated.
  • [SOAP 1.22] No ambience from damaged houses.

I'v been a bit preoccupied with other stuff lately, so no major new features sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Having a problem with the skirmish feature when leading an AI squad...player's commands become hijacked when ever I lead a team of two or more AI squad-mates.For instance ,we're just moving along & then the game barks out command(using players voice)"move to grid**** " & the squad stops until I command to regroup. This continues until I get so annoyed I quit. Anyway to turn this off?I'm using the mod,not the script version.

On 04.11.2017 at 2:25 AM, tpw said:

Hi Tim Tiger

I don't see these issues sorry. The way FALL works is that the time on the ground is proportional to the damage. So if you've set tpw_fall_falltime = 60 and a unit takes a small hit , say damage = 0.1, then it'll be immobilised for 6 seconds. If he takes a 0.5 damage hit then he'll be down for 30 sec etc. If you have TPW BLEEDOUT active and the damage is greater than the tpw_bleedout_ithresh then the unit will stay down until either healed or it bleeds out. BLEEDOUT does not make a unit die, that only happens if its damage is greater than 1.

Are you running any other mods, and can you PM me a copy of your HPP just in case. Thanks

Hey thanks for the answer. I understand about dependency on the damage amount, but as i said in my case AI stays on the ground always same period (about 5 seconds). And im telling you about ragdoll not animated fall (for small hits live <0.2 with default settings). Example: (falltime setting is 0.2), AI gets small hit to arm and uses animated side fall, recovers rapidly and fires back - perfect. Then i shoot other targets aiming vital zones for more damage so the all fall (using ragdoll) but all recover in few seconds (about 5). Even if they got almost critical hit just a bit below treshold. I suspect that the reason is an animation (maybe self heal?) that "wakes up" a unit before the timer ends?

Also about minimum time you implemented in last version (sorry i have no time for playing now, but i'll test it as soon as i can!):

tpw_fall_falltime = 60; // Maximum time on ground (sec) after falling from bullet hit. Animated fall: 0 to tpw_fall_falltime. Ragdoll fall: tpw_fall_falltime to 2x tpw_fall_falltime. 

As i can understand there is already a minimum time (actual tpw_fall_falltime setting) in case of Ragdoll fall (for hits with damage>tpw_fall_threshold) while maximum time is a 2x of this setting right?

Then about a bleedout (tryed many times in editor made simple testing mission):

My setting is tpw_bleedout_ithresh = 0.70, lets say i got hit for some damage from AI cousing bleeding. My plan is to wait until my character passes out and get my squad medic to intervene... no way sir - after some time i get to death screen instantly.

My modlist: CBA_A3, TPW MODS, Blastcore edited standalone, Incon effects mod, JSRS SoundMOD, Enhanced movement, VCOM AI 2.92, Advanced AI command.

I tryed just with CBA_A3 + TPW MODS to exclude AI behaviour related mods possible conflicts with same result.

I'll send you my .hpp just in case but i feel like i have to try new version first :)

- plz excuse my grammar :P

Hi TPW!

I have an idea: how about random music from civilian cars? Will be better if we could play our own .ogg files randomly. What do you think?

Hi TPW!

I have an idea: how about random music from civilian cars? Will be better if we could play our own .ogg files randomly. What do you think?

any one here can use TPW with a dedicated server in mp missions? 

Hey,

little new project for you :)

You may have heard of Feint's sharks addon.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=911433699

They have proper behaviour already (hunting, swimming, attacking etc.) but you need to place them in the editor for each mission seperately. Do you think you could do something similar like your civilians module with sharks when the player enters the water swimming or as a diver? Have sharks radomly and in random number spawn in the players vicinity?

Underwater immersion 2.0?

• Like 1

Hi everyone. Sorry I’ve been silent on here for a few weeks, real life getting in the way! I appreciate the suggestions and am not ignoring the bug reports! Give me a couple more weeks and I’ll attend to them properly. Thanks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

How would I go about adding this to my server? Does the client need it too? Do I just add the mod to my mission files, and move the userconfig to the proper folder on the server and it'll work as long as long as everyone has the mod? What is known and tested to be working in MP? Thank you!

@Fros7bite, from the OP....

MULTIPLAYER COMPATIBILITY 

TPW MODS are primarily designed with single player in mind, and are generally player centric, spawning ambience and behaviour around the player to conserve CPU and give the illusion of a living map. As I have stressed many times, they are advertised as SP mods. I only play SP, have little interest in playing MP, little skill in coding MP, and no ability to test it. What this means for you is that: - All mods will work as advertised in SP. - Some of them will work without issues in MP when running clientside on the players' computers, some will not. - None of them will work on a dedicated server, they will detect it and disable themselves.

MP client compatible:

These mods are specifically written so that spawned ambient people/animals/vehicles are shared between multiple players. If there are 10 players in a single small town, there won't be 10 times as many civilians/cars/parked cars/animals/boats/aircraft. - TPW AIR - TPW ANIMALS - TPW BLEEDOUT - TPW BOATS - TPW CARS - TPW CIVS - TPW PARK - TPW RADIO - TPW STREETLIGHTS

These mods have no specific MP code, but should work anyway (warning - not tested). - TPW HUD - TPW HOUSELIGHTS - TPW SOAP - TPW FIREFLIES - TPW FURNITURE.

MP Incompatible: 

These mods have no specific MP code written into them and while some may appear to function in MP, they may give unpredictable results as each player's version of the script fights for variables, tries to assign randomness, assigns sounds/lights to objects etc etc. - TPW DUCK - TPW EBS - TPW FALL - TPW FOG - TPW LOS - TPW PUDDLE - TPW RAINFX - TPW SKIRMISH.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

@Fros7bite, from the OP....

So absolutely none of them will work on my dedicated server?

Hey tpw, 

just a small suggestion or overall observation from my end: Maybe, and only if it's possible at all, you could connect the people chatter from inside buildings to actual AI that's inside a building. Like having a script running checking if at least two units are inside a certain area or house or object and only than let it play the mumbled chatters. 

Your mod is about immersion and pushing it a little bit further, so for me its sadly a immersion breaker hearing people knowing there aren't any. But that's just my two cents on that :) 

Have a blessed day, 

LJ 

• Like 6

I get a spammed error on the tpw_core_fnc_grabciv that says it cannot divide by zero even when playing in SP. I have custom factions, pretty much every aspect of the mission isn't standard, but I disabled anything civ in the config.hpp, I see this is in the core.sqf so I can't work around it. Unsure how to work round it, since it should be a class returned? Using Spyder and Engima to spawn civs. Only really wanted this for SOAP, the rest was a cool bonus.

On 11. 12. 2017 at 9:23 PM, pikey said:

I get a spammed error on the tpw_core_fnc_grabciv that says it cannot divide by zero even when playing in SP. I have custom factions, pretty much every aspect of the mission isn't standard, but I disabled anything civ in the config.hpp, I see this is in the core.sqf so I can't work around it. Unsure how to work round it, since it should be a class returned? Using Spyder and Engima to spawn civs. Only really wanted this for SOAP, the rest was a cool bonus.

I have exactly the same problem, but I only wanted good HUD mod. It'd be best if it was possible to use just certain elements of this mod. Sure, there is this config, but for some reason even after turning off everything  else, I'm still receiving errors about modules which I turned off before.

Thanks for the error reports gents. I’m away from my Arma box until new year, but will look into it. 

Hello Mr TPW

In the "houselights" section, could you add a distance parameter?

When I'm prowling around town, the lights pop on and off as I move. Wondering if they came on at a distance of say 50 or 100 meters away might help. On the other hand I've noticed that Arma lights can blink on and off depending on how you peek around corners and such. Maybe this just can't be helped.

Do these lights impact fps? not that i've noticed so maybe even have a setting as far away as 500 meters. Why that far? It might look cool to be scoping a town or village and seeing a lot more houses with lights on.

Hi everyone and happy 2018. Sorry about the long delays, was flat out working Nov/Dec until Dec 23 and then on holiday until Dec 31 trying to recover.

On 12/1/2017 at 7:33 PM, xon2 said:

Hey,

little new project for you :)

You may have heard of Feint's sharks addon.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=911433699

They have proper behaviour already (hunting, swimming, attacking etc.) but you need to place them in the editor for each mission seperately. Do you think you could do something similar like your civilians module with sharks when the player enters the water swimming or as a diver? Have sharks radomly and in random number spawn in the players vicinity?

Underwater immersion 2.0?

Nice idea mate, I will definitely have a look at this. 

On 12/7/2017 at 8:37 AM, Fros7bite said:

So absolutely none of them will work on my dedicated server?

None of them, they actually disable themselves if on a dedi.

On 12/8/2017 at 5:49 AM, LordJarhead said:

Hey tpw, 

just a small suggestion or overall observation from my end: Maybe, and only if it's possible at all, you could connect the people chatter from inside buildings to actual AI that's inside a building. Like having a script running checking if at least two units are inside a certain area or house or object and only than let it play the mumbled chatters. 

Your mod is about immersion and pushing it a little bit further, so for me its sadly a immersion breaker hearing people knowing there aren't any. But that's just my two cents on that :) 

Have a blessed day, 

LJ 

Hi LJ, I'm honoured that a sound god such as yourself even uses my stuff. I know what you are saying, since TPW SOAP swaps one kind of cognitive dissonance (ie a supposedly inhabited landscape with no human sounds), with another kind (human sounds but no people apparently making them). I'll see if I can co-opt TPW CROWD to spawn static civilians when playing sounds. Then you'll get the third kind of cognitive dissonance of hearing females but not seeing any of them...

On 12/12/2017 at 6:23 AM, pikey said:

On 12/20/2017 at 3:33 AM, _ShiftyCZ_ said:

I have exactly the same problem, but I only wanted good HUD mod. It'd be best if it was possible to use just certain elements of this mod. Sure, there is this config, but for some reason even after turning off everything  else, I'm still receiving errors about modules which I turned off before.

Could you guys please PM me with a bit of your RPT file detailing the errors? I don't see them at my end.

On 12/27/2017 at 2:18 PM, pvt. partz said:

Hello Mr TPW

In the "houselights" section, could you add a distance parameter?

When I'm prowling around town, the lights pop on and off as I move. Wondering if they came on at a distance of say 50 or 100 meters away might help. On the other hand I've noticed that Arma lights can blink on and off depending on how you peek around corners and such. Maybe this just can't be helped.

Do these lights impact fps? not that i've noticed so maybe even have a setting as far away as 500 meters. Why that far? It might look cool to be scoping a town or village and seeing a lot more houses with lights on.

Gday General Partz. tpw_houselights_radius is the parameter you want to play with. It defaults to 50m, but you can fire up the debug console and try eg

tpw_houselights_radius =500

You're the first person to complain about it, but I'll look to making this variable part of the HPP in  the next release.

• Like 5

You're the first person to complain about it, but I'll look to making this variable part of the HPP in  the next release

ah, I didn't realize this...

tpw_houselights_radius =500

No need to change your mod just for me,

Thanks for the tip

Partz

....Speaking of lights, (might be better to post in a new or existing "light" thread), I noticed that there are so very few lights. Geez, Kavala was pretty much pitch black except the hospital landing pad and a couple of gas stations. Did BI disable them? If so, what is the point of the UI setup function?

My Dynamic lights are set to Ultra.

So, TPW, getting back to trying to light up the houses in the neighborhood, I set my house light radius to 500m but as I walk through town, they still "pop" on somewhere around the 35m to50m mark. ??

Edited by pvt. partz
expand on house light subject as well as BI default lights

On 21.12.2017 at 10:16 AM, tpw said:

Hi, could you make TPW SKIRMISH in the form of a module in the editor? or working in multiplayer? I'll forgive pardon for English, I use an interpreter

TPW MODS 20180115: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bczvov5203ux90/TPW_MODS_20180115.zip

Changes:

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]

• [ANIMALS 1.38] Sharks will spawn around player in deeper water (requires Feint's Sharks addon). Can be toggled with tpw_animal_shark = 1/0. 
  • [CORE 1.48, FOG 1.59] Added Tembelan to region and climate list.
  • [CIVS 1.55, CROWD 1.08] Reduced incidence of civs spawning with IDAP backpacks.
  • [HOUSELIGHTS 1.13] User may now specify radius around player in which to spawn lights (default 75m).
  • [HUD 1.65] Unit scanning, proximity and range are now disabled by default in the HPP (performance reasons). 
  • [SKIRMISH 1.41] Player will no longer spam move messages to AI squadmates. 
  • [SOAP 1.23] Added Tembelan (French). 

Hi everyone. Sorry for the long time between updates, I've been flat out like a lizard drinking for the last couple of months. I was actually intending to put something out 2 weeks ago but my bloody computer blew up! Anyhoo, enough about you, let's talk about me...

So the latest update incorporates a few bug fixes and suggestions which should improve things for a few people. I've not yet been able to come up with a satisfactory solution to Lord Jarhead's suggestion to spawn civs into the houses in which ambient conversation noise is playing, so will continue to work on that. I Also got sick of the performance  impact of TPW MODS and tracked the majority of it down to the performance hungry per frame routines for the smooth display of HUD icons. I'm working on something a little lighter, but in the mean time I've disabled this stuff in the HPP. Feel free to re-enable it, just be aware that it can cause framerate issue in dense urban areas and/or with a lot of AI around. YMMV!  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2