tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

11 hours ago, RabidStoat said:

Sir, I love you. 

So what do you see if you type:

hint str tpw_hud_headgeartypes

in the debug shell?

Hmm there is an odd problem with this mod when i am playing my single player campaigns (custom + vanilla), whenever my stamina is really low, the camera starts shaking 

And after some debugging, it seems like the tpw mods is causing it and nothing else?

and i used your autoinstaller to successfully install the mod and i am using the steam version of arma 3 with windows 10

9 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Hmm there is an odd problem with this mod when i am playing my single player campaigns (custom + vanilla), whenever my stamina is really low, the camera starts shaking 

And after some debugging, it seems like the tpw mods is causing it and nothing else?

and i used your autoinstaller to successfully install the mod and i am using the steam version of arma 3 with windows 10

Yep, that's TPW BLEEDOUT which causes camera shake to simulate racing pulse. You can turn it off in the HPP using tpw_bleedout_heartbeat = 0;  

• Like 1

On 28/07/2017 at 9:56 PM, RabidStoat said:

Hi TPW,

Link

This is all that's showing.

That looks correct to me, these headgear classnames should be used to display TPW HUD. I tried it myself and it works, so I'm not sure what your specific problem might be, sorry.

12 hours ago, tpw said:

Yep, that's TPW BLEEDOUT which causes camera shake to simulate racing pulse. You can turn it off in the HPP using tpw_bleedout_heartbeat = 0;  

Thank you

Do i have to add that line in to the hpp or is it already there? 

Edit: Never mind! I found it :P. Thanks for the assistance!

12 hours ago, tpw said:

So now i have new issue, the tpw bleedout is still in effect for scenarios that i played have played on with this mod before changing the tpw bleedout

But in new scenarios, it works fine with no tpw bleedout 

19 hours ago, lv1234 said:

So now i have new issue, the tpw bleedout is still in effect for scenarios that i played have played on with this mod before changing the tpw bleedout

But in new scenarios, it works fine with no tpw bleedout 

Yep, that's a side effect of allowing the mod to work across saved games. Try typing

tpw_bleedout_heartbeat = 0

in the debug shell. That should stop the effect, and after a save game you should be right.

5 hours ago, tpw said:

Yep, that's a side effect of allowing the mod to work across saved games. Try typing

in the debug shell. That should stop the effect, and after a save game you should be right.

what do you mean by debug shell? Unless you are telling me to use the debug console in editor on my custom scenarios (which aren't mine)

If that is the case, then i am not able to see my scenarios or started custom scenarios in editor for some reason, especially ones with .altis extension

7 hours ago, tpw said:

Never mind, i knew what you meant

Unfortunately, for my scenarios, debug console is disabled and i don't know how to enable it 

On 7/17/2017 at 9:57 PM, tpw said:

If you can please be a bit more specific then I might be able to track down what the issue. What do you mean by "something else"? And, which of the TPW MODS were you running?

TPW MODS does not change waypoint behaviour for any units other than those it spawns itself (CARS, BOATS, CIVS, CROWD, SKIRMISH)

When I say I made them into something else I mean I used the Arsenal to edit their equipment to make them look like some sort of European terrorist group instead of just the regular FIA. I was running TPW Civs, Cars, Crowd and Furniture I believe. I don't know why it happened. It was almost as if the FIA units were being treated as members of the civilian side by the game.

There is still chances of frozon enemy existed. I started a Multi-Player mission on local server. My friend joined in my mission and see more frozen enemy but I won't see all them.

Also there is coded not RyanZombie on line 2195 of tpw_skirmish.sqf. But I want to use RyanZombie on enemies. I want to set Opfor solder enemy and zombie from independence at the same time. But firstly I cannot use RyanZombie as custom enemy classnames because of this line of code.

PHASE 1/4: UPDATING TPW MODS
File not found - @TPW_MODS
0 File(s) copied

ERROR: INSTALLATION FAILED
THE INSTALLER IS NOT IN THE SAME FOLDER AS THE DOWNLOADED 'TPW MODS PACKAGE'

Press any key to continue . . .

I keep getting this.
I must be completely oblivious or something, but I've tried to put both installer and the @mod package inside the Arma 3 directory.
I've also tried putting them in the same folder as eachother. Both to no success.

Put the mod folder inside the install folder, gg.

Edited by Ascia
Me being an idiot.

Just pull the @tpw_mods folder into your arma3 directory.  Now pull out the userconfig folder inside the @tpw_mods folder again into the arma3 directory ... done!  Now you can edit TPW_MODS.hpp file inside the userconfig/TPW-MODS folder to turn on/off features you want.

Now you just have to run @CBA and @TPW_MODS in the commandline (or launcher) and you are done !

some errors arma 3 v1.74

10:50:38 File TPW_MODS\tpw_fall.sqf, line 297
10:50:38 Error in expression <rray = tpw_fall_crouchfallarrays select _weptype;
}; 
_fallcount = tpw_fall_fall>
10:50:38   Error position: <_weptype;
}; 
_fallcount = tpw_fall_fall>
10:50:38   Error Undefined variable in expression: _weptype
10:50:38 File TPW_MODS\tpw_fall.sqf, line 243
10:50:38 Error in expression <count = tpw_fall_fallcountarrays select _weptype;
_animselect = floor random _fa>
10:50:38   Error position: <_weptype;
_animselect = floor random _fa>
10:50:38   Error Undefined variable in expression: _weptype
10:50:38 File TPW_MODS\tpw_fall.sqf, line 245
10:50:40 Error in expression <etuparray = tpw_fall_getuparrays select _weptype;
_getupanim = _getuparray selec>
10:50:40   Error position: <_weptype;
_getupanim = _getuparray selec>
10:50:40   Error Undefined variable in expression: _weptype

10:47:50 File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 1386
10:47:50 Error in expression <ivate _squadmem = tpw_hud_gogglewearers select _cti;
if ([objNull, "VIEW"] chec>
10:47:50   Error position: <select _cti;
10:47:50   Error Zero divisor
10:47:50 Error in expression <ivate _squadmem = tpw_hud_gogglewearers select _cti;

I think there may be a small bug hidden in DUCK:

When you switch to another unit, DUCK seems to remain active for that unit, So you (the player) get forced to prone or to your knees when suppressed.

Being not a friend of player suppression effects I chose to classify this as a bug, not a feature ;-)

Besides that, DUCK is a another little masterpiece regarding immersion!

Thanks a lot!

On 8/26/2017 at 6:20 PM, oldy41 said:

I think there may be a small bug hidden in DUCK:

When you switch to another unit, DUCK seems to remain active for that unit, So you (the player) get forced to prone or to your knees when suppressed.

Being not a friend of player suppression effects I chose to classify this as a bug, not a feature ;-)

Besides that, DUCK is a another little masterpiece regarding immersion!

Thanks a lot!

Thanks very much for that oldy41, it is indeed an oversight and I have fixed it for the next release.

I've been off the tools for a few weeks, hope to get back into a bit more Arma3 code wrangling soon.

• Like 4

2 suggestions for TPW mods:

1) Every gas station seems to have a repair garage.  Is there a way those repair garages can be set to automatically repair vehicles???  It would be great if you could go to a gas station, and pull a vehicle near the garage for repairs!

2) A "park" option for boats, that would randomly attach a FEW (small) boats to various boat docks/wood piers around the island.

• Like 1

TPW MODS 20170912: https://www.dropbox.com/s/js8989jjb2mnbz6/TPW_MODS_20170912.zip

Changes:

• [CARS 1.56, PARK 1.11] Added IDAP vehicles to car list.
  • [CORE 1.44, SOAP 1.19] Bozcaada added to region and sound lists. Added IDAP civilians to Mediterranean, European and Oceanian maps.
  • [DUCK 1.01] Suppression fx no longer affect player when switching units.
  • [FURNITURE 1.05] Added new BIS furniture content. Performance improvement by spawning furniture as simpleobjects.

Hi everyone, back after a bit of a break for health and life issues. The main thing you'll notice with this update is a bit of support for the Laws of War DLC: IDAP vehicles will be spawned for additional traffic and parked car ambience (though cannot be driven unless you own the DLC), and IDAP civs will be spawned in addition to the region specific civs on Altis/Stratis/Malden/Tanoa. I exploited my 11 year old daughter's new interest in interior design by getting her to create furnishing templates using the new furniture added recently, so now you'll see houses with actual beds, couches, armchairs, coffee tables, mats etc etc. This adds a little more to the immersion IMHO. 

@heyvern69, I never thought of those clever suggestions before, I will look into it, thanks!

• Like 10

hey mate,

i know you mention it in the OP, but why do you refrain from distributing tpw mods via steam as an alternative again? I searched this thread but did not find a reason for that. It's your choice of course, i am just curious as to why, if you might care to elaborate. I am on an arma hiatus atm, but its great to see tpw mods stay fresh with each dlc or bigger patch comign out. Thank you.

8 hours ago, xon2 said:

hey mate,

i know you mention it in the OP, but why do you refrain from distributing tpw mods via steam as an alternative again? I searched this thread but did not find a reason for that. It's your choice of course, i am just curious as to why, if you might care to elaborate. I am on an arma hiatus atm, but its great to see tpw mods stay fresh with each dlc or bigger patch comign out. Thank you.

Hi xon2. Yours is a fair enough question and I suppose after 4+ years of writing this mod it's about time I answered it. Be aware though that my reasons only have to make sense to me! An auto updating steam TPW MODS would probably mean fewer headaches for those people who use it, but more headaches for the bloke who writes it.

1 - to misappropriate Mr Guinness, I find the steam forums to often be a wretched hive of scum and villainy. Someone released tpw mods on there without my consent recently, and in the few days it was up the comments decried it as a piece of shit for not being MP compatible enough, not being easily configurable enough, and being a cheat to boot (hud). Call me selfish, but I write this stuff for the buzz of making the SP game I want to play and for the occasional positive feedback that it's enhancing the SP game for others. The BIS forums are generally a pretty decent place and people are generally understanding of mod makers and their priorities. There are plenty of decent users on steam too, but there are plenty who aren't. The degree of rudeness and over entitlement on steam (particularly by some of the MP crowd) would probably permanently sap my will to code within a week and exacerbate the depression and anxiety that I unfortunately already have to deal with. Please, feel free to insert "harden up princess" comments :)

2 - while I could indeed use steam for downloading and updating the mod via some delta mechanism, I'm unsure that the hpp management would be so straightforward, since it needs to live separately from the mod location. Cue the "hard to configure piece of shit" comments. Perhaps someone else could enlighten me on this.

3 - Anyone who mods knows that their code is out there for people to see and use. I specifically encourage the use of my code with proper attribution, and by and large people on this forum honour that gentlemans agreement. I have little faith that the army of code and content appropriators on steam would.

Sorry if these answers aren't those you want to read.

• Like 7

$0.02 worth

Leave well enough alone. Your reputation is near or at the top of the list and for those who are looking for, need to comment on, and use your mod in one easy to find place, I think you have much more control over it. Not to mention just "one" looooooooooooooooooooooooong thread to get all the information one needs.

• Like 3