tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Thanks for this great immersion mod!

Just one question, is there any way to kill the greek music, while keeping the military radio chatter?

(Knowing myself, it's probably a really obvious way, and i'm to stupid to realise/see it)

Thanks for this great immersion mod!

Just one question, is there any way to kill the greek music, while keeping the military radio chatter?

(Knowing myself, it's probably a really obvious way, and i'm to stupid to realise/see it)

Userconfig. Set vehicle 0. Keep house 1

^^^ Just reminded me when I was having the damndest time trying to beat Signal Lost mission and I was trapped upstairs of a house, wounded, with 3 bullets left in my pistol knowing that the patrol was coming up to kill me. Suddenly realised some nice little Greek number was playing in the house and it was uplifting in a strange way, right before CSAT ruined it by storming my room and ending it. Just wanted to say thanks for the little things like this :)

Muchas gracias! That makes sense. :)

Actually, that doesn't make any sense based on what you asked for. You wanted military vehicle radio but no house music, correct?

Therefore shouldn't it be vehicle 1, and house 0?

we need the oa maps to play different music

This +1! Also some sort of MP compatibility?

I've also had to find a work around for getting TPW SOUNDS in the *script* version, since they are not included. Can this please be remedied? I'm no professional mission maker but I understand that if I include sounds in a mission that I then share with others (say a locally hosted coop mission) the sound files should transfer to the other clients with the mission and scripts, correct? Or do I have this backwards?

Thanks in advance!

would be great if i could figure out how to get something like this to work

_civ = <Define each civilian on the map somehow...>

{

if (side == CIV) then {

_civ addAction "Stop";

_civ addAction "Drop";

_civ addAction "Roll";

};

<Add a function or something to define what is done if said action is clicked>

if (<Stop> == true) then {

_civ titleText ["Well why in the hell would I do that for a soldier?", "PLAIN DOWN"];

};

if (<Drop> == true) then {

_civ <directChat> ["Well shot me, it makes that much easier...", "PLAIN DOWN"];

};

if (<Roll> == true) then {

_civ <directChat> ["I'm not a f***ing dog, you do it!", "PLAIN DOWN"];

};

^^^ Just reminded me when I was having the damndest time trying to beat Signal Lost mission and I was trapped upstairs of a house, wounded, with 3 bullets left in my pistol knowing that the patrol was coming up to kill me. Suddenly realised some nice little Greek number was playing in the house and it was uplifting in a strange way, right before CSAT ruined it by storming my room and ending it. Just wanted to say thanks for the little things like this :)

Excellent, another happy customer!

we need the oa maps to play different music

Bloody hell, the CIV system has only been working on those maps for a couple of days. You do realise that making custom sounds and music is non trivial right?

This +1! Also some sort of MP compatibility?

I've also had to find a work around for getting TPW SOUNDS in the *script* version, since they are not included. Can this please be remedied? I'm no professional mission maker but I understand that if I include sounds in a mission that I then share with others (say a locally hosted coop mission) the sound files should transfer to the other clients with the mission and scripts, correct? Or do I have this backwards?

Thanks in advance!

Whingeing to me about my MP obligations for a mod that is clearly marked as SP is a sure way to make me cross. Placing sounds into mods requires config editing, there is no way to do it via scripting. Anyone who wants the sounds needs to run the mod client side at present. If there's another way to do it then I'm unaware of it.

would be great if i could figure out how to get something like this to work

_civ = <Define each civilian on the map somehow...>

{

if (side == CIV) then {

_civ addAction "Stop";

_civ addAction "Drop";

_civ addAction "Roll";

};

<Add a function or something to define what is done if said action is clicked>

if (<Stop> == true) then {

_civ titleText ["Well why in the hell would I do that for a soldier?", "PLAIN DOWN"];

};

if (<Drop> == true) then {

_civ <directChat> ["Well shot me, it makes that much easier...", "PLAIN DOWN"];

};

if (<Roll> == true) then {

_civ <directChat> ["I'm not a f***ing dog, you do it!", "PLAIN DOWN"];

};

This is easily done when each civ is spawned. Have a look around line 222 of CIVS

_civ = _sqname createUnit [_civtype,_spawnpos, [], 0, "FORM"]; 
_civ setSpeaker format ["Male0%1GRE",ceil (random 4)];
_civ setskill 0;
_civ disableAI 'TARGET';
_civ disableAI 'AUTOTARGET';

You can add you addaction stuff here.

Whingeing to me about my MP obligations for a mod that is clearly marked as SP is a sure way to make me cross.

Whoa! Not trying to ruffle any feathers here mate! I'm very well aware you only script for SP compatibility, and they all work *excellent* as such too. Some of them also work in MP/coop, maybe you don't care which or why, not really trying to sound like I was requesting that you work on MP versions, only tossing my name in the hat so to speak as someone that would *like* to see that happen... if you should ever so choose to do so. I promise, you won't see me post "MP" in this thread EVER again (unless you specifically start work in that direction).

Placing sounds into mods requires config editing, there is no way to do it via scripting. Anyone who wants the sounds needs to run the mod client side at present. If there's another way to do it then I'm unaware of it.

Ok, I had it backwards then. I knew something could be loaded without config editing... must have been images I was thinking of.

This is easily done when each civ is spawned. Have a look around line 222 of CIVS

PHP Code:

_civ = _sqname createUnit [_civtype,_spawnpos, [], 0, "FORM"];

_civ setSpeaker format ["Male0%1GRE",ceil (random 4)];

_civ setskill 0;

_civ disableAI 'TARGET';

_civ disableAI 'AUTOTARGET';

You can add you addaction stuff here.

This is brilliant! Thanks for sharing! :)

Whoa! Not trying to ruffle any feathers here mate! I'm very well aware you only script for SP compatibility, and they all work *excellent* as such too. Some of them also work in MP/coop, maybe you don't care which or why, not really trying to sound like I was requesting that you work on MP versions, only tossing my name in the hat so to speak as someone that would *like* to see that happen... if you should ever so choose to do so. I promise, you won't see me post "MP" in this thread EVER again (unless you specifically start work in that direction).

Gulp. <- That's the sound of me swallowing a large chill pill.

Thanks Oktyabr.

---------- Post added at 09:17 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

TPW MODS 20140126: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140126.zip

Changes:

[ANIMALS 1.29, CIVS 1.27, HOUSELIGHTS 1.06, PARK 1.04, RADIO 1.08] Should now work for habitable Arma2 buildings (many thanks to Reserve for the classnames).

Thanks to the kind input of Reserve, TPW MODS should now work for any maps with A2, OA and A3 building assets.

Gulp. <- That's the sound of me swallowing a large chill pill.

Thanks Oktyabr.

---------- Post added at 09:17 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

TPW MODS 20140126: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140126.zip

Changes:

[ANIMALS 1.29, CIVS 1.27, HOUSELIGHTS 1.06, PARK 1.04, RADIO 1.08] Should now work for habitable Arma2 buildings (many thanks to Reserve for the classnames).

Thanks to the kind input of Reserve, TPW MODS should now work for any maps with A2, OA and A3 building assets.

Thanks for the new version!

Cheers mate. Let me know if I can ever be of assistance.

Been happily playing with your scripts, very nicely done! They're very robust and while I'm no wizz at scripting, so far I've managed to learn a lot from them. It's a real treat to tinker with and probably saved (most of) my hair.

The following is probably very noobish, but I'll leave it here anyway for total beginners. It took me a bit to figure out.

Open the editor and save your mission as mymissionname
Alt+Tab
Open the mission folder in documents/Arma 3/(profilename)/missions/mymissionname
Copy the script you want to use into the folder.
Create a new .txt document and rename it init.sqf
Open init.sqf and paste in the script exec given in the header E.g. "0 = [5,150,15,5,4,50,0,10,15,1] execvm "tpw_civs.sqf";" (without quotes).
Save the file.

Oh wow, ninjaed. The new version would've saved me even more time as I manually edited in all the OA buildings.

I'm currently making a SP mission that uses tpw_park, tpw_civ and tpw_cars to simulate civilian life around the area. I've managed to alter them to my specific uses (e.g. I wanted all parked civ cars to be locked and launch a specific endmission depending on collateral damage). I'm pretty happy with the results so far, it definitely makes the mission feel more alive and adds another layer of complexity to prevent wanton civ slaughter or making it too easy to spot enemies with the UAV. It's been pretty fun hacking it all together. Thanks again tpw!

does this work for MP? along side with Altis LIFE, as i'd like ambient civilians

does this work for MP? along side with Altis LIFE, as i'd like ambient civilians

This:

For the record: I only play SP, have little interest in playing MP, little skill in coding MP, and no ability to test it. If you desperately want a fully functioning MP version of any of my mods, and can't wait for me to make it happen, then you are welcome to grab the code and knock yourself out (see disclaimer below though).

Have a go and see if it works.

LOL I think there is one of these questions on every page.... as many times as tpw has responded to this question I am honestly surprised that he hasn't had an aneurysm..

tpw any chance on adding in some more of the other stuff i posted awhile back..

like the random plane and heli fling heights, and random speeds... ? so far i have been having to re_add my little tweeks, with each update.

Edited by Lordprimate

Whoa, a big part of the Armaverse is Altis Life wtf... when I search Yt for things, always I get spammed with Altis life. The new Dayz in terms of "sucks"...

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just finished hours of ALiVE based coop ops on Clafghan with massi's 75th Rangers versus Drongo's Irregulars as Opfor. Used the latest version of tpw_civs and even though they were the vanilla A3 civilian types it added *enormously* to the intensity of the mission... clearing a town one house at a time, never sure if you might bump into a civilian or a guy that sort of looks like a... *BOOM! YOUR DEAD!!!* :D

Actually had one civ run across a street, sort of zigzagging down the block, right through a field of heavy crossfire... I actually stopped shooting and my jaw dropped as I watched the lucky SOB survive his jogging excursion. Does WONDERS for immersion!

animals all seem to work in our coop mission too although I sometimes saw goats that no one else saw. We always agreed on seeing a dog or even chickens, multiple times, but it was like I was seeing ghost goats or something.

Love these scripts TPW. Thanks a million AGAIN, man :D

TPW its a great mod, but is it possible to extract the greek music from the DL, so you have two DL's. One with it and one without it. Pretty stupid to have to update all clients via repository (A3Sync) when its not "needed".

OK, maybe someone can help me with this one... If I'd like "cars" and "park" to work only in one region of a map (near biggest city) but no park, for example, in smaller towns and villages, is there a way to use a marker or something to limit it to a certain area?

Thanks in advance!

Firstly, I want to say a big thanks to TPW ffor making this mod. This is by far one of the doppest mods out there for A3.

Moreover, using the latest version of TPW and I cannot, for the life of me, get Civs to spawn inside the buildings (tpw_civ_density) while on A2 maps like Lingor. The parked cars, animals, moving cars, air, fall, bleedout and music work just fine.

Secondly, do I have to restart my game or the mission editor every time I alt tab to alter the tpw_mod.hpp (userconfig) to get the alteration to work?

Thirdly, If i want a ton of civilians walking the streets, what values do I change? I have tried altering the tpw_civ_density and tpw_civ_maxciv but I only get about 3-4 guys spawning in a big town.

Lastly, even after this setting, tpw_boat_active = 0; // 0 = inactive, I still get boats on the map.

Any help on these issues would be very greatly appreciated.

Here is my civ setting in the .hpp file (userconfig)

tpw_civ_active = 1; // 0 = inactive

tpw_civ_delay = 5; // delay (sec) until civ spawning starts

tpw_civ_radius = 150; // radius (m) around player to check for house and spawn civs

tpw_civ_waypoints = 15; // how many waypoints to assign each civ

tpw_civ_density = 5; // how many houses per civ. 0 = ambient civs disabled

tpw_civ_maxsquadcas = 4; // maximum number of civilian casualties that can be inflicted by squad

tpw_civ_maxallcas = 10; // maximum number of total civilian casualties

tpw_civ_casdisplay = 1; // what to do if casualty threshold exceeded (0 -nothing, 1 - popup message, 2 - end mission)

tpw_civ_maxciv = 20; // maximum number of civs to spawn regardless of tpw_civ_density

tpw_civ_interact = 15; // civilian interaction radius. Civs closer than this to other civs will stop and talk (0 - no interaction).

tpw_civ_nocombatspawn = 1; // civilians will not be spawned during combat. 0 = civilians continue to spawn during combat

Edited by chondo999

LOL I think there is one of these questions on every page.... as many times as tpw has responded to this question I am honestly surprised that he hasn't had an aneurysm..

tpw any chance on adding in some more of the other stuff i posted awhile back..

like the random plane and heli fling heights, and random speeds... ? so far i have been having to re_add my little tweeks, with each update.

No aneurysm yet, though I am being treated for high blood pressure. I don't think it's Arma related though. I'll have a look at implementing some of your other suggestions.

Just finished hours of ALiVE based coop ops on Clafghan with massi's 75th Rangers versus Drongo's Irregulars as Opfor. Used the latest version of tpw_civs and even though they were the vanilla A3 civilian types it added *enormously* to the intensity of the mission... clearing a town one house at a time, never sure if you might bump into a civilian or a guy that sort of looks like a... *BOOM! YOUR DEAD!!!* :D

Actually had one civ run across a street, sort of zigzagging down the block, right through a field of heavy crossfire... I actually stopped shooting and my jaw dropped as I watched the lucky SOB survive his jogging excursion. Does WONDERS for immersion!

animals all seem to work in our coop mission too although I sometimes saw goats that no one else saw. We always agreed on seeing a dog or even chickens, multiple times, but it was like I was seeing ghost goats or something.

Love these scripts TPW. Thanks a million AGAIN, man :D

I've recently fired up @A3MP and have been having a blast playing some of my favourite A2 maps with the better A3 lighting and animation. Vanilla A3 civs are better than nothing, but I'd give my left nut for someone to port over the various A2 and OA civs.

Not sure what to make of ghost goats though....

TPW its a great mod, but is it possible to extract the greek music from the DL, so you have two DL's. One with it and one without it. Pretty stupid to have to update all clients via repository (A3Sync) when its not "needed".

I understand what you're saying, I don't think it's stupid, it's only a 10Mb mod after all. If your clients are so worried about bandwidth then A3 probably isn't the game for them. I will look into it.

OK, maybe someone can help me with this one... If I'd like "cars" and "park" to work only in one region of a map (near biggest city) but no park, for example, in smaller towns and villages, is there a way to use a marker or something to limit it to a certain area?

Thanks in advance!

I'm definitely going to look into this. If I can work out a nice way to establish if a player is within an editor placed rectangular area then we're all set.

Using the latest version of TPW and I cannot, for the life of me, get Civs to spawn on the map, Lingor. The parked cars, animals, moving cars, air, fall, bleedout and music work just fine. The civs portion of it does not work at all. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Lingor and Dingor use a lot of custom Icebreakr buildings, which might be causing issues. Leave this with me, I will fire up Lingor in @A3MP and investigate.

We get Ghost Goats too. But it's in MP coop so understandably not a supported feature.

Can't wait till we get some NON beach wear Civs..

And Civilian Planes too... TPW, is it easy to configure what vehicles get spawned by your mod ? There is a civi airline mod almost ready to go and we could point to that potentially ?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171865-CJM-Civilian-Jets-Mod

SJ

Secondly, do I have to restart my game or the mission editor every time I alt tab to alter the tpw_mod.hpp (userconfig) to get the alteration to work?

Thirdly, If i want a ton of civilians walking the streets, what values do I change? I have tried altering the tpw_civ_density and tpw_civ_maxciv but I only get about 3-4 guys spawning in a big town.

Lastly, even after this setting, tpw_boat_active = 0; // 0 = inactive, I still get boats on the map.

Any help on these issues would be very greatly appreciated.

Here is my civ setting in the .hpp file (userconfig)

tpw_civ_active = 1; // 0 = inactive

tpw_civ_delay = 5; // delay (sec) until civ spawning starts

tpw_civ_radius = 150; // radius (m) around player to check for house and spawn civs

tpw_civ_waypoints = 15; // how many waypoints to assign each civ

tpw_civ_density = 5; // how many houses per civ. 0 = ambient civs disabled

tpw_civ_maxsquadcas = 4; // maximum number of civilian casualties that can be inflicted by squad

tpw_civ_maxallcas = 10; // maximum number of total civilian casualties

tpw_civ_casdisplay = 1; // what to do if casualty threshold exceeded (0 -nothing, 1 - popup message, 2 - end mission)

tpw_civ_maxciv = 20; // maximum number of civs to spawn regardless of tpw_civ_density

tpw_civ_interact = 15; // civilian interaction radius. Civs closer than this to other civs will stop and talk (0 - no interaction).

tpw_civ_nocombatspawn = 1; // civilians will not be spawned during combat. 0 = civilians continue to spawn during combat