tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

On 1/17/2018 at 12:25 PM, tiagobr6 said:

it worked tpw, so what's the trick if i wanted to set it to rhs_faction_usarmy_d ? just remove faction from the name ? also , rhsusf_army didn't work with the vehicles.

Was curious about this as well.  Was going to try and use Ravage to do a sand box mission, but I think TPW Skirmish would be more what I was looking for, as long as I can tailor the mods/factions used.

3 hours ago, gatordev said:

Was curious about this as well.  Was going to try and use Ravage to do a sand box mission, but I think TPW Skirmish would be more what I was looking for, as long as I can tailor the mods/factions used.

Like I said guys, you just need to know the classnames of the soldiers and vehicles from the factions you want to use. Although it's a fantastic mod I don't use RHS, but here are just some of the US  cfgvehicle  classnames I grabbed from http://class.rhsmods.org/usaf/0.4.5/0b46c9b0-0723-4876-b8fe-2c4f92312184 to give you an idea. I advise you to look at this page too because it's a useful resource, and I'm not about setting up everyone's TPW SKIRMISH for them :) : 

Spoiler

rhsusf_army_acu_uniform
rhsusf_army_ocp_aa
rhsusf_army_ocp_arb_autorifleman
rhsusf_army_ocp_arb_autoriflemana
rhsusf_army_ocp_arb_engineer
rhsusf_army_ocp_arb_grenadier
rhsusf_army_ocp_arb_maaws
rhsusf_army_ocp_arb_machinegunner
rhsusf_army_ocp_arb_machinegunnera
rhsusf_army_ocp_arb_marksman
rhsusf_army_ocp_arb_medic
rhsusf_army_ocp_arb_rifleman
rhsusf_army_ocp_arb_rifleman_m590
rhsusf_army_ocp_arb_riflemanat
rhsusf_army_ocp_arb_riflemanl
rhsusf_army_ocp_arb_sniper_m107
rhsusf_army_ocp_arb_squadleader
rhsusf_army_ocp_arb_teamleader
rhsusf_army_ocp_autorifleman
rhsusf_army_ocp_autoriflemana
rhsusf_army_ocp_combatcrewman
rhsusf_army_ocp_crewman
rhsusf_army_ocp_driver
rhsusf_army_ocp_driver_armored
rhsusf_army_ocp_engineer
rhsusf_army_ocp_explosives
rhsusf_army_ocp_fso
rhsusf_army_ocp_grenadier
rhsusf_army_ocp_helicrew
rhsusf_army_ocp_helipilot
rhsusf_army_ocp_javelin
rhsusf_army_ocp_javelin_assistant
rhsusf_army_ocp_jfo
rhsusf_army_ocp_maaws
rhsusf_army_ocp_machinegunner
rhsusf_army_ocp_machinegunnera
rhsusf_army_ocp_marksman
rhsusf_army_ocp_medic
rhsusf_army_ocp_officer
rhsusf_army_ocp_rifleman
rhsusf_army_ocp_rifleman_101st
rhsusf_army_ocp_rifleman_10th
rhsusf_army_ocp_rifleman_1stcav
rhsusf_army_ocp_rifleman_82nd
rhsusf_army_ocp_rifleman_arb_m16
rhsusf_army_ocp_rifleman_m16
rhsusf_army_ocp_rifleman_m4
rhsusf_army_ocp_rifleman_m590
rhsusf_army_ocp_riflemanat
rhsusf_army_ocp_riflemanl
rhsusf_army_ocp_sniper
rhsusf_army_ocp_sniper_m107
rhsusf_army_ocp_sniper_m24sws
rhsusf_army_ocp_squadleader
rhsusf_army_ocp_teamleader
rhsusf_army_ocp_uav
rhsusf_army_ucp_aa
rhsusf_army_ucp_arb_autorifleman
rhsusf_army_ucp_arb_autoriflemana
rhsusf_army_ucp_arb_engineer
rhsusf_army_ucp_arb_grenadier
rhsusf_army_ucp_arb_maaws
rhsusf_army_ucp_arb_machinegunner
rhsusf_army_ucp_arb_machinegunnera
rhsusf_army_ucp_arb_marksman
rhsusf_army_ucp_arb_medic
rhsusf_army_ucp_arb_rifleman
rhsusf_army_ucp_arb_rifleman_m590
rhsusf_army_ucp_arb_riflemanat
rhsusf_army_ucp_arb_riflemanl
rhsusf_army_ucp_arb_sniper_m107
rhsusf_army_ucp_arb_squadleader
rhsusf_army_ucp_arb_teamleader
rhsusf_army_ucp_autorifleman
rhsusf_army_ucp_autoriflemana
rhsusf_army_ucp_combatcrewman
rhsusf_army_ucp_crewman
rhsusf_army_ucp_driver
rhsusf_army_ucp_driver_armored
rhsusf_army_ucp_engineer
rhsusf_army_ucp_explosives
rhsusf_army_ucp_fso
rhsusf_army_ucp_grenadier
rhsusf_army_ucp_helicrew
rhsusf_army_ucp_helipilot
rhsusf_army_ucp_javelin
rhsusf_army_ucp_javelin_assistant
rhsusf_army_ucp_jfo
rhsusf_army_ucp_maaws
rhsusf_army_ucp_machinegunner
rhsusf_army_ucp_machinegunnera
rhsusf_army_ucp_marksman
rhsusf_army_ucp_medic
rhsusf_army_ucp_officer
rhsusf_army_ucp_rifleman
rhsusf_army_ucp_rifleman_101st
rhsusf_army_ucp_rifleman_10th
rhsusf_army_ucp_rifleman_1stcav
rhsusf_army_ucp_rifleman_82nd
rhsusf_army_ucp_rifleman_arb_m16
rhsusf_army_ucp_rifleman_m16
rhsusf_army_ucp_rifleman_m4
rhsusf_army_ucp_rifleman_m590
rhsusf_army_ucp_riflemanat
rhsusf_army_ucp_riflemanl
rhsusf_army_ucp_sniper
rhsusf_army_ucp_sniper_m107
rhsusf_army_ucp_sniper_m24sws
rhsusf_army_ucp_squadleader
rhsusf_army_ucp_teamleader
rhsusf_army_ucp_uav

rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_coy
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_coy_aa
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_coy_ar
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_coy_assaultman
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_coy_at
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_coy_demo
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_coy_engineer
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_coy_m27
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_coy_mg
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ocp
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ocp_ar
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ocp_at
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ocp_demo
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ocp_engineer
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ocp_maaws
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ocp_medic
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ocp_mg
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ucp
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ucp_ar
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ucp_at
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ucp_demo
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ucp_engineer
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ucp_maaws
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ucp_medic
rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ucp_mg

rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_autorifleman
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_autorifleman_m249
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_autorifleman_m249_ass
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_combatcrewman
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_crewman
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_driver
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_engineer
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_explosives
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_fso
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_grenadier
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_grenadier_m32
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_gunner
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_helipilot
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_javelin
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_javelin_assistant
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_jfo
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_machinegunner
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_machinegunner_ass
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_marksman
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_officer
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_rifleman
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_rifleman_law
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_rifleman_light
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_rifleman_m4
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_rifleman_m590
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_riflemanat
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_smaw
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_sniper
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_sniper_m107
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_sniper_m110
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_spotter
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_squadleader
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_stinger
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_teamleader
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_d_uav
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_autorifleman
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_autorifleman_m249
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_autorifleman_m249_ass
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_combatcrewman
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_crewman
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_driver
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_engineer
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_explosives
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_fso
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_grenadier
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_grenadier_m32
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_gunner
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_helicrew
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_helipilot
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_javelin
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_javelin_assistant
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_jfo
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_machinegunner
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_machinegunner_ass
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_marksman
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_officer
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_rifleman
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_rifleman_law
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_rifleman_light
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_rifleman_m4
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_rifleman_m590
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_riflemanat
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_smaw
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_sniper
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_sniper_M107
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_sniper_m110
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_spotter
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_squadleader
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_stinger
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_teamleader
rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd_uav

You could use rhsusf_usmc_ if you wanted to spawn US marines for example, and rhsusf_ to spawn a variety of US vehicles.

tpw_skirmish_friendlyunitstring = "rhsusf_usmc_". 
tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehiclestring = ""rhsusf_".
tpw_skirmish_friendlytype = [0,1,5] will then use RHHUSF, NATO and AAF as friendlies.

• Thanks 1

TPW MODS 20180119: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9ayxn5rd7t9ycj/TPW_MODS_20180119.zip

Changes:

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]

• [ANIMALS 1.39] Changed shark spawning parameters so they're more likely to be seen around the player - sharks are still highly unlikely to eat you since they use Feint's shark FSM and prefer to hunt fish rather than humans.
  • [HUD 1.66] Added a simplified icon display mode for improved performance, this is now enabled by default. Improved range detection code (thanks Pierre MGI http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30527), re-enabled by default. Re-enabled proximity detection.

The main feature of this update is the implementation of simplified and optimised unit icon display for TPW HUD. In the previous update I'd turned off the full icon display with all the bells and whistles because it was pretty resource heavy with lots of calculations and a busy per frame event handler. I've gone back and added a much simpler version which basically just displays a green dot over any units that you have line of sight to. If you aim down sights or through optics then you'll get distance information too. The whole thing is much less cluttered and should give you back a lot of FPS if there are lots of units around or in dense areas. You can now choose an icon display that suits you and your CPU: 

tpw_hud_unit[] = {0,1,0.25,0.75}; -> no icons.

tpw_hud_unit[] = {1,1,0.25,0.75}; -> simplified new icon display (this is the default).

tpw_hud_unit[] = {2,1,0.25,0.75};  ->older more detailed and resource hungry display.

I've also revamped the range calculation stuff, replacing my shit lineintersectsobjs with a much faster lineintersectssurface implementation (thanks to Pierre MGI http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30527), and re-enabled this too, along with proximity detection. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Is there anyway to change the colours for enemies @tpw cause when I change the settings in the settings.hpp I see no difference in colour unless I go back to full hud. Enemies and friendlies all green dots regardless of what numbers I place 

And thanks for continually updating and improving this mod

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tpw said:

Like I said guys, you just need to know the classnames of the soldiers and vehicles

20 hours ago, tpw said:

You could use rhsusf_usmc_ if you wanted to spawn US marines for example, and rhsusf_ to spawn a variety of US vehicles.

Ah, I didn't realize you could manipulate the class trees that way.  Admittedly I haven't really messed with Skirmish before, but that points me in the right direction to go fiddle.  Thanks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rockapes said:

Is there anyway to change the colours for enemies @tpw cause when I change the settings in the settings.hpp I see no difference in colour unless I go back to full hud. Enemies and friendlies all green dots regardless of what numbers I place 

And thanks for continually updating and improving this mod

Gday Rockapes. At present the simplified hud doesn’t distinguish the sides of people, everyone is just a green dot. This is a conscious design decision to a) cut down on calculations and b) increase plausibility. I’m not intending to change this any time soon sorry, but I will make it so you can change the colour of the dot in the next update. If you read the tpw_hud.txt file, it details the differences between the full and simplified hud.

1 hour ago, tpw said:

Gday Rockapes. At present the simplified hud doesn’t distinguish the sides of people, everyone is just a green dot. This is a conscious design decision to a) cut down on calculations and b) increase plausibility. I’m not intending to change this any time soon sorry, but I will make it so you can change the colour of the dot in the next update. If you read the tpw_hud.txt file, it details the differences between the full and simplified hud.

Thanks mate. I have reverted back to the full hud temporarily. Doesn't bother me so much but Wife cannot tell who to shoot....hehehe

5 hours ago, gatordev said:

Ah, I didn't realize you could manipulate the class trees that way.  Admittedly I haven't really messed with Skirmish before, but that points me in the right direction to go fiddle.  Thanks.

have u had any luck?

18 hours ago, tiagobr6 said:

have u had any luck?

I have not.  If daily life and the sleep monster that lives in my couch allow, I'll try tonight.

• Haha 1

TPW MODS 201080126: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvfxsle9ctqpwhv/TPW_MODS_20180126.zip

Changes:

• [BOATS 1.35, CARS 1.57, CIVS 1.56, CROWD 1.09] Greatly reduced civs/traffic spawned between 2300 and 0400. 
  • [CORE 1.48] Fixed broken blacklist functionality. 
  • [HOUSELIGHTS 1.14] Optimised ceiling detection code for spawning lights. Less performance impact, more likely to spawn light in a plausible location. No houselights between 2300 and 0400.
  • [HUD 1.67] Overhaul of simplified HUD: Units are coloured based on side as per full HUD; improved alpha-blended simplified HUD dot icon; range rounded to the nearest 5m; player can switch between none/simplified/full unit icon display with Ctrl+ Alt + U whilst in game.
  • [SOAP 1.24] Adjusted volume multipliers so that sounds better match civilian numbers.

Back with a raft of changes and improvements. The default HUD now looks pretty sweet, the icons look more like the dots on a scope, and you can tell the side. I figured based on advances in augmented reality and AI face and pattern recognition that this would be well within the scope of 2035 tech. I've also improved the civ stuff so that fewer (or no) civs spawn late at night. It increases immersion, and saves a few CPU cycles to free the computer up to choke over the dynamic lights :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi TPW

Since you such a stickler for perfection, I'd like to show you something I noticed in the .hpp file

// AIR
tpw_air_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_air_delay = 30; // delay before flybys start (sec)
tpw_air_time = 10; // maximum time between flybys..........................Is this calculation based on minutes?
tpw_air_max = 4; // maximum aircraft at a given time

:thanx:

2 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

Hi TPW

Since you such a stickler for perfection, I'd like to show you something I noticed in the .hpp file

// AIR
tpw_air_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_air_delay = 30; // delay before flybys start (sec)
tpw_air_time = 10; // maximum time between flybys..........................Is this calculation based on minutes?
tpw_air_max = 4; // maximum aircraft at a given time

:thanx:

Thanks for the heads up, it's actually seconds. By default it's set to 300 seconds. I'll update the HPP.

• Like 1

Heya amigo, done some tweaking to the .hpp and I've got a pretty sweet setup with the Unsung vietnam War mod, towns are packed with civis meaning i've really gotta watch my fire when bullets start flying, plus the fog in the jungles looks great.

Small request tho. I would use the BOATS module, but it only seems to spawn the vanilla ARMA 3 2035 boats instead of the rickety sampan boats fitting for the rivers of 'nam, would it be possible to add an option to black/whitelist  strings and select only a certain pool of boats, like with CIVS, CROWDS, and CARS?

Cheers for the great mod all the same. :D

5 hours ago, ReznikDeznik said:

Heya amigo, done some tweaking to the .hpp and I've got a pretty sweet setup with the Unsung vietnam War mod, towns are packed with civis meaning i've really gotta watch my fire when bullets start flying, plus the fog in the jungles looks great.

Small request tho. I would use the BOATS module, but it only seems to spawn the vanilla ARMA 3 2035 boats instead of the rickety sampan boats fitting for the rivers of 'nam, would it be possible to add an option to black/whitelist  strings and select only a certain pool of boats, like with CIVS, CROWDS, and CARS?

Cheers for the great mod all the same. :D

Hi ReznikDeznik. If you can send me the classnames of the boats you want, and the worldname of the map you’re using, I should be able to whip up a custom tpw boats for you to use.

• Like 2

Heya, The ship classnames are "UNS_Sampan" and "UNS_Skiff" and the two maps I use the most are "RungSat" and "prei_khmaoch_luong"

Thanks for doing this

I have a problem with TPW mods/Arma 3

Trying to start my own server, I removed TPW from the Arma 3 tree and even removed all references to it in the system registry, and yet whenever I start up the game and go into a server, TPW mods starts up.  I twice have reinstalled Arma 3 along with all the attendant mods, except for TPW, and yet whenever I start up a MP game, be it locally or on a remote server, TPW starts up.

Edit: Whenever I start up Arma 3 period, it complains about there being no hpp file, even before I switch to MP.

Not only that, but since TPW is a dedicated SP mod, I can't run it as a server mod with a cpp file in which all elements of TPW mod are disabled, because there is no key for the mod, only for the individual addons.

I am at my wit's end with the server. What good is it if I remove a mod from the Arma 3 file tree, if it starts up by itself.  I can't even chase down or diagnose any problem because the server complains about not having a key for TPW mod.

8 hours ago, badanov said:

Trying to start my own server, I removed TPW from the Arma 3 tree and even removed all references to it in the system registry, and yet whenever I start up the game and go into a server, TPW mods starts up.  I twice have reinstalled Arma 3 along with all the attendant mods, except for TPW, and yet whenever I start up a MP game, be it locally or on a remote server, TPW starts up.

Edit: Whenever I start up Arma 3 period, it complains about there being no hpp file, even before I switch to MP.

Not only that, but since TPW is a dedicated SP mod, I can't run it as a server mod with a cpp file in which all elements of TPW mod are disabled, because there is no key for the mod, only for the individual addons.

I am at my wit's end with the server. What good is it if I remove a mod from the Arma 3 file tree, if it starts up by itself.  I can't even chase down or diagnose any problem because the server complains about not having a key for TPW mod.

I really wish I could help you man, but I've never run an A3 server so wouldn't know the slightest bit of useful info. If anyone else can possibly step up to help badanov we'd both appreciate it I'm sure. 

Apparently back last October I unpacked some of your pbos in the Arma 3 main addon directory.  Deleted those, so all is well.

Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part.  Just happy now I can still use TPW in the game.

Once again, my apologies.

Here's something really wierd, (I'll make a short video if you need me to)

I was messing around with the house lights and set my radius to 1500m. I know that's ridiculous, but "just to "f" around, and when TPW started, all the city lights started going out, block by block until everything went black with the exception of the TPW house lights.

So...

With TPW, City lights go out

With out TPW, City lights stay on

1 hour ago, pvt. partz said:

I was messing around with the house lights and set my radius to 1500m. I know that's ridiculous, but "just to "f" around, and when TPW started, all the city lights started going out, block by block until everything went black with the exception of the TPW house lights.

So...

I’ve noticed it too, and mention it in TPW FIREFLIES docs. It seems that dynamic lights spawned by script over ride those  in the game. Setting dynamic lights to ultra will help a bit, but the real solution is to have your settings to spawn judicious numbers of dynamic lights. I’m not sure there’s anything I can be doing script wise to get around the problem.

12 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

So...

That problem is an ARMA engine limitation. There are only so many active lights it can turn on at anyone time, so if you have many streetlights, then turn ON, ADD or SPAWN other lights like car headlamps, flashlights or houselights, it will "cycle" all the lights creating the strobe effect.

You can sorta minimize this by downloading and using this mod from Armaholic or Steam

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=33584

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/1223309664

Then set the lights to Ultra+. It will increase the amount of lights allowed at any one time. Should not be a big performance hit if your GPU is very good. But once you hit the limit, all the lights around you will "cycle" strobe again.

Nothing we can do to fix this unless BIS increases the hardlimits of the lights or upgrades to a future engine. It is a shame because other game engines are heads and tails above the ARMA engine in terms of lighting and particles.

On 1/27/2018 at 10:55 AM, badanov said:

Did you enable filepatching from steam launcher or the command line? You have to copy the TPW_MODS.HPP file into your x:\Arma 3\Userconfig\tpw_mods\ folder then enable filepatching to read the values.

1 hour ago, Valken said:

It is a shame because other game engines are heads and tails above the ARMA engine in terms of lighting and particles.

Two words: deferred rendering. 

• Like 1