tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

1 hour ago, gatordev said:

Does this mean that TPW DUCK works for the player?  I'm fine if it doesn't, as I've just always used L'axemanns suppression addon, but if it works for the player now, that's one less addon to load (albeit not a huge overhead).

It does on my computer, and it will on your computer in a few days 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@tpw:

Being one of those not in favour of player suppression allow me to urgently suggest not to forget a switch for that new feature 🙂

• Like 1

Nice work on the scripts @tpw !

By the way, have you considered spawning the civilians fom tpw_civs and tpw_crowds as agents ?

The theory says it should be more performance friendly since the AI is simplified, plus it would render obsolete all the loops to ensure no new civilian group is created.

If you're interested, you can have a look at the vanilla civilian spawn module for reference or this quick KK agents introduction.

🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldy41 said:

@tpw:

Being one of those not in favour of player suppression allow me to urgently suggest not to forget a switch for that new feature 🙂

But of course!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tova said:

Nice work on the scripts @tpw !

By the way, have you considered spawning the civilians fom tpw_civs and tpw_crowds as agents ?

The theory says it should be more performance friendly since the AI is simplified, plus it would render obsolete all the loops to ensure no new civilian group is created.

If you're interested, you could have a look in the vanilla civilian spawn module for reference or this quick KK agents introduction.

🙂

Thanks mate. I did investigate agent spawning ages ago and vaguely recall having issues. Might be time to investigate this again now that I’m a 13% better coder.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, tpw said:

Thanks mate. I did investigate agent spawning ages ago and vaguely recall having issues. Might be time to investigate this again now that I’m a 13% better coder.

And after investigating I remember why I didn't go with createagent: the spawned agents are a pain in the arse to move, and more importantly they don't have a side, so don't work with TPW HUD. To be honest there's little value in pursuing it, I nerf so many AI and FSM functions of the civilian units that they barely use any cycles anyway.  

On 5/18/2019 at 10:54 PM, mickeymen said:

EBS must be used only  without DUCK module? Or can I activate them both?

?

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a TPW HUD problem of a problem with Chernarus Redux, or if this is a problem that can be addressed in TPW HUD.

For some reason, whenever I have Chernarus Redux loaded I have problems with the TPW HUD Nightvision functionality, and it doesn't matter if I play on Chernarus Redux or any other map, as long as Chernarus Redux is loaded by ARMA as part of the modlist, I have this problem.

To give a very simple example:

I only have the following mods loaded, all latest versions:

• CBA
  • TPW MODS (only using the HUD and full-color nightvision)
  • CUP Terrains - Core
  • Chernarus Redux

This is what I do and experience:

1. Loading ARMA only with the above listed mods.
  2. Open 3den editor and choosing Altis as map.
  3. Putting down a soldier (Infantry) on the map.
  4. Setting the time for nighttime.
  5. Running the scenario as is.
  6. Putting on Tactical Glasses, to activate the TPW HUD.
  7. Activating fullcolor Nightvision.

At this point brightness, or lighting gain, is 0.

Whenever I increase the lighting gain, it goes up a level as expected, but only for a second and then immediately goes down to 0. That is the HUD is still set to whatever level it has reached, but the brightness of the screen is lowered to what is effectively 0.

This only happens when I have Chernarus Redux loaded and it doesn't matter if I play on that map or any other map.

So somehow something is happening when that map is loaded, no matter if I play on it or not.

Unloading Chernarus Redux, everything works as expected.

I'm not sure if this is something the map team needs to address in the map or if it is something what can be addressed in TPW.

23 hours ago, mickeymen said:

?

You can use both if you want to, but it’s best just to use one or the other.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, stlassen said:

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a TPW HUD problem of a problem with Chernarus Redux, or if this is a problem that can be addressed in TPW HUD.

For some reason, whenever I have Chernarus Redux loaded I have problems with the TPW HUD Nightvision functionality, and it doesn't matter if I play on Chernarus Redux or any other map, as long as Chernarus Redux is loaded by ARMA as part of the modlist, I have this problem.

To give a very simple example:

I only have the following mods loaded, all latest versions:

• CBA
  • TPW MODS (only using the HUD and full-color nightvision)
  • CUP Terrains - Core
  • Chernarus Redux

This is what I do and experience:

1. Loading ARMA only with the above listed mods.
  2. Open 3den editor and choosing Altis as map.
  3. Putting down a soldier (Infantry) on the map.
  4. Setting the time for nighttime.
  5. Running the scenario as is.
  6. Putting on Tactical Glasses, to activate the TPW HUD.
  7. Activating fullcolor Nightvision.

At this point brightness, or lighting gain, is 0.

Whenever I increase the lighting gain, it goes up a level as expected, but only for a second and then immediately goes down to 0. That is the HUD is still set to whatever level it has reached, but the brightness of the screen is lowered to what is effectively 0.

This only happens when I have Chernarus Redux loaded and it doesn't matter if I play on that map or any other map.

So somehow something is happening when that map is loaded, no matter if I play on it or not.

Unloading Chernarus Redux, everything works as expected.

I'm not sure if this is something the map team needs to address in the map or if it is something what can be addressed in TPW.

This is caused by a workaround that Chernarus Redux uses for underground lighting for the large underground bunker. It seems to interfere with any scripts such as TPWHUD which rely on setaperture to change brightness. The only solution is to disable chernarus_flashlight.pbo

• Like 1

TPW MODS 20190522: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7w3b1h0l0834un/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]

Spoiler

// DUCK
tpw_duck_player = 0; // audiovisual cues when player is suppressed. (1= show, 0 = don't show)
//><

• [ANIMALS 1.52] Will not spawn animal ambience if tpw_core_battle == True.
  • [CIVS 1.20] Code improvements
  • [CORE 1.70] Support for DADPAT uniforms for civs if available.
  • [DUCK 1.10] Player suppression effects may be enabled: pulsing slightly blurred peripheral vision, increased heartrate and panting.
  • [FIREFLIES 1.09] Will not spawn insects if tpw_core_battle == True.
  • [HUD 1.73] HUD display will temporarily turn red if player is suppressed (by TPW DUCK). Health display will turn red if player is actively bleeding.  
  • [MUFFLER] *NEW MOD* Patches JSRS soundmod so that default Arma3 vehicles have reduced engine and car collision volume and range, and increased tyre/wind volume and range. 

Ok, back with a slew of significant and insignificant changes. You be the judge which is which. Firstly, I've reintroduced player suppression back, as an option in TPW DUCK.  If enabled, it attaches an invisible suppression shell object to the player, which detects passing bullets. If the script determines that you're suppressed with enemy fire, it'll briefly flash TPW HUD red to let you know, and will add audiovisual effects courtesy of the Arma3 fatigue system, so you'll get a little darkening of the screen edge (and blurring if you have radial blur enabled in your settings), and increased heart rate (with optional screen shaking if enabled in TPW BLEEDOUT) and panting. All pretty subtle, but can add a bit of battle immersion I suppose. The other big change is the addition of TPW MUFFLER (readme), which patches (with the kind permission of lord_jarhead) JSRS Soundmod so that wheeled vehicles (Arma3 default vehicles and those that inherit from them) sound more like modern cars  and less like street hotrods with straight through pipes. This had been a long standing grievance of mine, and I'm glad I could try to address it. So if you're using JSRS, the civilian vehicles spawned by TPW CARS will no longer overpower the soundscape with loud stop/start engine noises heard hundreds of metres away, and will blend in with ambient traffic noises from TPW SOAP. Unfortunately it only affects the vehicles patched by JSRS, so if you're using mod vehicles such as RDS, CUP, GM etc, you'll still get the full volume of those.  Enjoy. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

13 hours ago, tpw said:

[MUFFLER] *NEW MOD* Patches JSRS soundmod so that default Arma3 vehicles have reduced engine and car collision volume and range, and increased tyre/wind volume and range. 

Am I supposed to remove the Muffler mod if I don't use JSRS?

I don't use JSRS sounds and with this mod, I'm getting JSRS error messages and the vehicles are all dead silent.

Works fine when I remove this mod.

19 hours ago, tpw said:

so you'll get a little darkening of the screen edge (and blurring if you have radial blur enabled in your settings), and increased heart rate (with optional screen shaking if enabled in TPW BLEEDOUT) and panting.

Good day TPW!

I tried to activate the suppression effects (audiovisual effects, darkening of the screen edge, radial blur) but I still do not see nd not hear them!

Tell me what am I doing wrong?

My settings:

// DUCK
tpw_duck_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_duck_grenaderun = 1; // grenade avoidance ( 1 = AI run from unexploded grenades. 0 = units will ignore grenades)
tpw_duck_sensitivity = 0.8; // sensitivity. 0 = suppressed units never duck, 1 = suppressed units always duck
tpw_duck_nosquad = 0; // suppression applied to player squad. 1 = suppression not applied to player squad
tpw_duck_player = 1; // audiovisual cues when player is suppressed. (1= show, 0 = don't show)
//><

BLEEDOUT activated,  I also tried to turn on/off EBS but there is no any effects.

6 hours ago, stlassen said:

Am I supposed to remove the Muffler mod if I don't use JSRS?

I don't use JSRS sounds and with this mod, I'm getting JSRS error messages and the vehicles are all dead silent.

Works fine when I remove this mod.

Thanks for picking this up. Yeah just remove the tpw_muffler.pbo. I will have a look at making its loading conditional

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mickeymen said:

Good day TPW!

I tried to activate the suppression effects (audiovisual effects, darkening of the screen edge, radial blur) but I still do not see nd not hear them!

Tell me what am I doing wrong?

My settings:

// DUCK
tpw_duck_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_duck_grenaderun = 1; // grenade avoidance ( 1 = AI run from unexploded grenades. 0 = units will ignore grenades)
tpw_duck_sensitivity = 0.8; // sensitivity. 0 = suppressed units never duck, 1 = suppressed units always duck
tpw_duck_nosquad = 0; // suppression applied to player squad. 1 = suppression not applied to player squad
tpw_duck_player = 1; // audiovisual cues when player is suppressed. (1= show, 0 = don't show)
//><

BLEEDOUT activated,  I also tried to turn on/off EBS but there is no any effects.

So you need to be suppressed by 3 or more bullets in 10 seconds. A single bullet won’t do it. Also, make sure that you have ebs.pbo, which contains the invisible shell

• Thanks 1

i saw that when killing civis they just disappear is there a way to add a Delay for it ??

Holy cow.. I just spent last night and 3 hours this morning trying to figure out why my ground vehicles have no sound lol.  

I did a complete wipe of my arma install, re downloaded it to another drive, nuked my user profi folders, unsubbed from all the workshop stuff, nuked it all and began fresh and STILL had a "No entry'bin\config.bin/CfgDistanceFilter.jsrs_vehicle_interior_attenuation_filter'." Error...I was freaking out!

Muffler pbo, here I come!

18 minutes ago, AirShark said:

i saw that when killing civis they just disappear is there a way to add a Delay for it ??

I'll see what I can do

10 hours ago, Zakuaz said:

Holy cow.. I just spent last night and 3 hours this morning trying to figure out why my ground vehicles have no sound lol.  

I did a complete wipe of my arma install, re downloaded it to another drive, nuked my user profi folders, unsubbed from all the workshop stuff, nuked it all and began fresh and STILL had a "No entry'bin\config.bin/CfgDistanceFilter.jsrs_vehicle_interior_attenuation_filter'." Error...I was freaking out!

Muffler pbo, here I come!

Mate I’m so sorry for that, and my condolences to your data plan. As soon as I got the heads up from @stlassen I immediately changed the zip so that tpw_muffler.pbo is now in an addons_optional folder. But obviously not in time to save your arse.  If it makes you feel any better I’ve worked on the addon some more and the civ traffic sounds even better...

• Like 2

TPW, no worries man. 

It was, in all honesty a good thing, I needed to weed the install out anyway.

Turned out for the better, games humming along at 80 FPS on this faster drive and with out all the bloat. Just Vanilla ARMA3, TPW and Ravage for me for a while 😃

Edit for a suggestion if I may.

I've always liked tpw hud for my near future settings and I'm kind of digging the simplified version right now but those dots... they are really bright!

Any way to adjust their transparency / brightness?  They do not seem to be effected by the adjustments in the hpp.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zakuaz said:

TPW, no worries man. 

It was, in all honesty a good thing, I needed to weed the install out anyway.

Turned out for the better, games humming along at 80 FPS on this faster drive and with out all the bloat. Just Vanilla ARMA3, TPW and Ravage for me for a while 😃

Edit for a suggestion if I may.

I've always liked tpw hud for my near future settings and I'm kind of digging the simplified version right now but those dots... they are really bright!

Any way to adjust their transparency / brightness?  They do not seem to be effected by the adjustments in the hpp.

Yeah it's easy to get carried away with installing everything. Your game takes 5 minutes to load and can bog down a bit. My stripped down A3 is CBA, TPW MODS (obviously), JSRS Soundmod, Tactical Position Ready and Enhanced Movement. If your game is running too fast might I suggest Chernarus Redux, or the new Livonia terrain :)

I've rejigged TPW HUD and the dots now respect the overall HUD brightness, same as the full HUD. Not sure how I let that one stay in so long. I'm hoping to release an update tomorrow, TPW MUFFLER / JSRS config errors not included.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LarsAspra said:

Those new water spill decals on dev branch tho.

Sensational

During a firefight, especially in an urban area, phones should be ringing off the hook, from concerned neighbors and from bad guys and  spies.

My latest incursion in Leskovets, I didn't hear  any phone ring.

24 minutes ago, badanov said:

During a firefight, especially in an urban area, phones should be ringing off the hook, from concerned neighbors and from bad guys and  spies.

My latest incursion in Leskovets, I didn't hear  any phone ring.

What is this..The Matrix??

• Like 2