tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

I have to concur...

SOAP and the Tanoa stuff you have done is excellent TPW.

Great job !!

• Like 1

Have a read of the TPW SKIRMISH documentation mate, it covers it pretty well. 

Basically to use a custom friendly faction with the addon version you need to edit the HPP:

tpw_skirmish_friendlytype = 0

tpw_skirmish_friendlyunitstring = "string1"

tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehiclestring = "string2"

where string1 is a subset of the classname you want to use.

If you want to run the script as a script, then the instructions are in the header of the script itself.

Thanks for help but I have one more questio. Can you change you change the air units that is called for CAS to user defined air unit?

TPW MODS 20160625: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20160625.zip

Changes:

• [AIR 1.30] Improved spawning code - no more carnage at [0,0,0]!
  • [bOATS 1.31, CARS 1.45] Improved code for removal of vehicles.
  • [sKIRMISH 1.26] Complete code overhaul: optimisation of spawn, waypoint and removal code for infantry and vehicles -> massive decrease in microstuttering. Multiple factions for each side may now be specified -> you many now have NATA and FIA simultaneously slugging it out against CSAT and AAF for instance. Custom support helicopter and aircraft can be specified.
  • Please update your tpw_mods.hpp

Back again, continuing my optimisation and improvement program. This time I put TPW_SKIRMISH under the microscope and found it wanting. So I have basically recoded it from scratch using greatly improved spawning, waypoint and removal code. This means less of a performance hit, although as always your CPU will take a bashing when there are interacting combat AI. As well as the performance improvement I have also implemented multiple factions. So it's possible for you to for example have your custom blufor faction, NATO pacific and Syndikat rebels all trading insults with CSAT Pacific and custom opfor at the same time. You can also specify custom support helicopter and close air support aircraft if the 2035 era defaults don't float your boat. Believe me when I say it's been a massive effort bringing all this stuff up to scratch. So please read the documentation, and actually try playing with it before complaining about what it can't do or requesting more features :)

• Like 8

Hi tpw,  just like to report a pop-up error when using the latest skirmish script in the Editor......Tanoa on 1.62 RC build.

eZRUTfM.jpg?1

Skirmish settings in the config are :  2 enemy squad(Syndikat), 0 enemy vehicles, 0 friendly squad, 0 friendly vehicles.

:)  

• Like 1

Hi tpw,  just like to report a pop-up error when using the latest skirmish script in the Editor......Tanoa on 1.62 RC build.

eZRUTfM.jpg?1

Skirmish settings in the config are :  2 enemy squad(Syndikat), 0 enemy vehicles, 0 friendly squad, 0 friendly vehicles.

Bugger! If you knew how many hours of playtesting I put this through, only for you to find a bug 5 minutes after I release it! 

Good find, I'll put it back under the microscope.

EDIT: Found the problem, will release fix shortly. Thanks again EO

• Like 1

So please read the documentation, and actually try playing with it before complaining about what it can't do or requesting more features :)

^^

Read the docs, playtested skirmish, I have no complaints.....I am getting very good performance from this latest update using skirmish, air and fog scripts.....but I do have a feature request for skirmish.  

I am no coder but reading the script, patrol behaviour has one formation (wedge).....could this be expanded upon to include and randomize all squad formations? 

......and many thanks for continuing to shower love on this most awesome modification.  ;)

^^

Read the docs, playtested skirmish, I have no complaints.....I am getting very good performance from this latest update using skirmish, air and fog scripts.....but I do have a feature request for skirmish.  

I am no coder but reading the script, patrol behaviour has one formation (wedge).....could this be expanded upon to include and randomize all squad formations? 

......and many thanks for continuing to shower love on this most awesome modification.  ;)

Sure thing mate, since you passed my stringent pre-request screening program!

• Like 3

with the tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring can i issue more than one?

for example i only want to use a certain number of class names. e.g. tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring = "mas_med_opf" this works and i want to add specific classnames will this work? e.g.

tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring = "mas_med_opf_hd", "mas_med_opfi_hd","mas_med_opfm_hd";

with the tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring can i issue more than one?

for example i only want to use a certain number of class names. e.g. tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring = "mas_med_opf" this works and i want to add specific classnames will this work? e.g.

tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring = "mas_med_opf_hd", "mas_med_opfi_hd","mas_med_opfm_hd";

Sorry mate, one string only at this point. I'm still working on TPW SKIRMISH so this may change into the future.

• Like 1

TPW MODS 20160701: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20160701.zip

Changes:

• [ALL] Randomised movement speeds of all spawned AI.
  • [CROWD 1.00] *NEW* - Large CPU friendly civilian crowds.
  • [HUD 1.56] Civilian scanning and display may be toggled using Ctrl + Alt + C.
  • [sKIRMISH 1.27] Scanning disabled when player in fast moving vehicle. Dead units deleted afer 5 minutes if greater than 100 m from player. Squads will choose random formation types. Cars will stop to allow crew back in.
  • Please update your tpw_mods.hpp

Hidely hodely neglecterinos. I've been using my kids' school holiday time productively to put the finishing touches on a brand new mod - TPW CROWD. This is an SP only mod which allows for a dramatic and effective increase in the number of civilians around the player in populated areas, with surprisingly little CPU impact. It's highly configurable so that you can tailor it to your computer and gameplay requirements. You might find that the massive increase in civ numbers clogs up your HUD with white diamonds, so I've also changed TPW HUD so that civ scanning can be toggled using Ctrl + Alt + C.

Getting civ numbers up has been a long standing goal of mine and I'm pleased to be able to present it. All feedback is welcome as usual.

Full TPW CROWD documentation

crowd.jpg

• Like 10

On Workshop? Neat way to keep mods updated.

Some way to add aircraft mods as Support ,maybe inside of game ,in some drop-down list,then make the AI use only them.

Mortar support? Viritual AI?

Edited by teddymosart1

Just planting seeds.......https://youtu.be/ndaJVMBw4uQ?t=5

There's already heat haze fx in TPW FOG. Go prone on a hot day.

The latest version works with no problems gliptal!

Thank you and TPW for this great addon!

Hi tpw,

Can we have an array added to the addon versions of CIVS and CROWDS to allow us to manually blacklist certain substrings in classnames?  I'm having the old Ryan's Zombies and Demons problem of zombies spawning among the population (and, in spite of being unusually passive, encouraging my soldiers to open fire on OPFOR zombies that somehow spawn in civilised areas). (discussion)

Basically being able to blacklist "RyanZombie" would do wonders for me, but no sense hardcoding a feature when the robust implementation of a blacklist would allow every possible usage case to be resolved by the end user with minimal fuss -- plus the robust implementation isn't much harder anyway. =)

Actually, I'd love to have blacklists for SKIRMISH, AIR, and BOATS while we're at it, rather than the hardcode factions we've got now, since I tend to have frequent crashes with SKIRMISH and AIR on most third-party maps.  More specifically, in a language I can speak more easily ;-)... my wishlist:

tpw_skirmish_class_blacklist[] = ["RyanZombie"];
tpw_skirmish_faction_blacklist[] = []; //ConfigFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> classname >> "faction"
tpw_civ_blacklist[] = ["RyanZombie"]; //also applies to CROWD, and blacklists their inclusion as crew in BOATS and CARS
tpw_boats_blacklist[] = [];
tpw_cars_blacklist[] = [];
tpw_air_class_blacklist[] = [];
tpw_air_faction_blacklist[] = [];
To allay any fears that were raised in the old discussion, these aren't suggested defaults (although I do think they should be), just my own implementation. ;-)

[edit] Forgot cars! =)

Edited by jtgibson

Thanks for the input jtgibson. I already have code in place which screens out units based on certain criteria, so I should be able to extend this principle to a user supplied blacklist. I make absolutely zero apologies for not initially designing the system to allow for someone using a bloody zombie mod...

Re skirmish/air. I haven't encountered a crash related to these or any other of my mods in a long long time on any map. I wouldn't release if it did. If you could provide a bit more data from your rpt that would help me nail down the problem, that would be appreciated.

TPW CROWD would be a miracle if made MP compatible as a serverside mod. 

TPW, just a quick question.

I downloaded the new version yesterday and unless I just skimmed over it, in the hpp file, I don't see CAF Aggressors in the Skirmish section. Did you remove them or have plans on adding any middle easterners back in the overrides or maybe I just didn't see it and it's still there?