tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

np mate but arma3 and games in general runs a lot better performance wise with win10. Just testet last night with your mod + jsrs and alive, and the it runs by far more stable then win8.1 even when it is a lot of action going on, and i haven't had any problems so far exept the issue with the install.bat. Recommend you give it a try

Thanks Tom_89. To be honest Windows 10 seems to me like a solution in search of a problem. I'm sitting back for a few months until more a few more patches roll in, and have disabled that !@#$ing GWX nag icon while I wait. More importantly I'd like to see some of the egregious privacy violations addressed properly by MS. Lastly, the fact that a number of games I like (eg Stock Car Extreme) either don't run or run poorly under W10 is a further hindrance.   

Hi I am new here and English is not my mother language so a big sorry if I write something wrong.
I have a big Problem. When I want to walk slowly forward the player don´t move, moving left, right or backward is no problem only forward. I didn´t changed anything in the settings and also running is no problem. Do anyone know how i could solve the problem? :mellow:

Remove animspeed.pbo. If the name of the file is not that, it is very similar  :) .

• Like 1

I like the new bullet trace system, but I would like it be a bit less of a cheat. Preferably I would like to set it up so only my shots are fully traced (with setting for max trace range). Enemy shots would only be traced something like 10m from player, so you only see wheezes that fly near you.

BTW: Would it be possible to draw a "laser" sight? A simple straight line maybe from the laser pointer module, but one you can see without NVG's.

Hi taro8

Glad you like the virtual tracers, but calling the current implementation a cheat is probably not the preferred way to make me immediately jump to my computer and start coding your requests :). The whole point of the HUD is that plausible technological advances would indeed allow projectile tracing and extrapolation back to the source. There's already a mechanism for detecting only nearby projectiles - the sonic crack. That said, I'll have a look at the code and see what I can come up with   

I actually tried to make a virtual laser pointer but it proved extremely difficult even though it should not be.

Remove animspeed.pbo. If the name of the file is not that, it is very similar  :) .

Awesome, thank you for the big help :D

I do apologize if this question has been answered just need some guidance, I have looked online for hours and hours online. I use tpw skirmish along with DUWS Unofficial the mod works great adds constant engagements  all over for me but the problem is that for vehicles its only spawning Hunters and IFrits HMG and GMG I would like it to also spawn tanks, anti air and or aircraft/helis if possible. I thought it chose random vehicles to spawn but its always the same ones. Any help would be much appreciated. 

I do apologize if this question has been answered just need some guidance, I have looked online for hours and hours online. I use tpw skirmish along with DUWS Unofficial the mod works great adds constant engagements  all over for me but the problem is that for vehicles its only spawning Hunters and IFrits HMG and GMG I would like it to also spawn tanks, anti air and or aircraft/helis if possible. I thought it chose random vehicles to spawn but its always the same ones. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Hi mate, glad you like the mod.

By design skirmish does not spawn armour and aircraft, just infantry and their vehicles. I recommend using something like DAC if you really want to set up more involved scenarios. Alternatively, if you know the classnames of any addon vehicle packs you can spawn them, as per the readme: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/docs/skirmish.txt

Sorry if it's not the answer you were after, but it's not like you don't have alternatives... 

Let me know if you need any further help.

OH okay thanks I thought the mod spawned everything thank you for your help. But would skirmish spawn nato/csat armour/air (example:B_MBT_01_TUSK_F) if I put the class names in the custom slots. Or do you need addon specific like RHS Escalation vehicles? Which would be fine too. And I will definitely try DAC. Thanks again for the help. I've been at it for a while trying to figure it all out. 

Sorry for the .bat issue. I got really pissed at BIS with the forum change (all my subscriptions got deleted, had problems logging in), and thus stopped following the forums entirely. 

I'll see what I can do next month, as soon as my bachelor is done.

Yay!

I'm trying to figure out if it's an addon issue or a 1.50 issue, but when playing with AccuracyThruVolume's ISC units, I'm finding they don't fall down when I shoot them.  I still fall down when an explosion occurs, so I *think* the mod is still running, but trying to see if others have this same issue.  Not sure if the ISC units' armor is the issue, but in the past, I thought units would still fall down when shot (at least a majority of the time).

Question...just got back in from a few weeks off at work and upgraded to A31.50 and latest CBA...

Is anyone else back to experiencing invisible sheep again? Was completely fixed in the last two A3 vers from what I saw, not its back. Flocks of walking shadows in the countryside ;-)

B

Was my bad. Old CBA files were included in the A3 Hunting mod. They were causing the invis sheep issue.

Also can you put multiple strings in and do you have to have them in quotations?

No sorry, just the one string

Sorry for the .bat issue. I got really pissed at BIS with the forum change (all my subscriptions got deleted, had problems logging in), and thus stopped following the forums entirely. 

I'll see what I can do next month, as soon as my bachelor is done.

Yay!

No worries Gliptal, I think your degree is slightly more important!

I'm trying to figure out if it's an addon issue or a 1.50 issue, but when playing with AccuracyThruVolume's ISC units, I'm finding they don't fall down when I shoot them.  I still fall down when an explosion occurs, so I *think* the mod is still running, but trying to see if others have this same issue.  Not sure if the ISC units' armor is the issue, but in the past, I thought units would still fall down when shot (at least a majority of the time).

TPW FALL is still functioning as far as I can tell. Ragdolling and animated falls are fine. Maybe it is indeed the units you are using.

Question...just got back in from a few weeks off at work and upgraded to A31.50 and latest CBA...

Is anyone else back to experiencing invisible sheep again? Was completely fixed in the last two A3 vers from what I saw, not its back. Flocks of walking shadows in the countryside ;-)

B

Was my bad. Old CBA files were included in the A3 Hunting mod. They were causing the invis sheep issue.

Yep. I actually reported the invisible animals bug on the CBA thread and it was indeed fixed.

I checked the config file and it seems we can't customise entries for civvies and animals that aren't vanilla?

TPW FALL is still functioning as far as I can tell. Ragdolling and animated falls are fine. Maybe it is indeed the units you are using.

Okay, thanks.

Hello tpw :) ,

Despite all the hustle and bustle in this thread- a word of thanks for this mod;

I remember the beginning - tpw simple houselights and tpw suppression - til today - TPW MODS: enhanced realism/immersion for Arma 3 SP

I follow you over the years and believe me, or not, this is the only mod I always use in ArmA.

Thanks for your great ideas and much more for your perseverance and that you never loose your friendliness.

Greetings

McLupo

• Like 2

Thanks for your great ideas and much more for your perseverance and that you never loose your friendliness.

!

• Like 2

Cheers McLupo and pvt.partz, I appreciate the kind words (and kind punctuation in pvt.partz' case!)

• Like 2

...is there a way to remove the HUD text on screen while still using the HUD option? I like the enemy alerts but prefer to use more conventional means of finding the distance, bearing, etc.

...is there a way to remove the HUD text on screen while still using the HUD option? I like the enemy alerts but prefer to use more conventional means of finding the distance, bearing, etc.

Hi pvt. partz, sorry about the late reply - I'm in one of my periodic low interest in A3 phases...

You can disable the various texts in TPW HUD by editing the TPW_MODS.hpp as below. Setting the first entry for each to will disable them.

tpw_hud_asl[] =    {0,0.6,0.45,1}; // ASL = height above sea level. [1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 0.6 = X position, 0.45 = Y position, 1 = text size]

tpw_hud_azt[] =    {0,0.5,0.454,1}; // AZT = azimuth (direction of gaze).

tpw_hud_grd[] =    {0,0.4,0.45,1}; // GRD = GPS grid coordinates.

tpw_hud_lmt[] =    {0,0.4,0.5,1}; // LMT = local mean time.

tpw_hud_tmp[] =    {0,0.6,0.51,1}; // TMP = temperature (from TPW FOG) .

tpw_hud_hlt[] =    {0,0.4,0.55,1}; // HLT= health.

tpw_hud_rng[] =    {0,0.5,0.56,1}; // RNG = range to centre of player's gaze.

tpw_hud_vel[] =    {0,0.6,0.57,1}; // VEL = speed of player (or player's vehicle).

tpw_hud_prx[] = {0,0.5,0.505,1}; // PRX = display numbers of nearby units. 

22:19:37 Error in expression <speed player > 5}) then {_int = 0.01 / rain; _lt = 0.05; _sz = 0.3; _dst =>
22:19:37   Error position: </ rain; _lt = 0.05; _sz = 0.3; _dst =>
22:19:37   Error Zero divisor
22:19:37 File TPW_MODS\tpw_rainfx.sqf, line 171

Had this one bouncing around recently... although it looks like it only happens during campaign missions, that I've seen. Perhaps it interferes with some weather control script run at the same time.

Hi tpw,

I have a request if you're in the mood.

Would it be possible to add a userconfig variable that would select one of the three available weapon lowered walk animations ?  I'd like to stick with my preferred 'AmovPercMwlkSlowWrflDf_ver2', but also want to benefit from all the options of your awesome mods.

I was thinking this could be implemented more or less the same way you did for speeds ? 

Regards, and thank you for the consideration :).

Ah damn !  I just read you're NOT in the mood atm. Enjoy your rest !.