tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Speaking of birds,

As you guys know I'm a pilgrimage fan.

That being said, the crows around dead bodies doesn't work after a saved game.  I don't know if that's the problem with other missions.

...And yes @TPW, We'll take what you give us. 🤣 Selfishly!

• Like 1

Gday EO, thanks for the very kind words which I really appreciate. I don't do social media so I get all my online dopamine hits from my mod feedback...

TPW AIR is running as intended on my system. tpw_air_aircraft is initialised as an empty array and then filled based on the contents of tpw_air_include. If you're having an issue with TPW AIR feel free to drop me a PM.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 10:20 AM, pvt. partz said:

Speaking of birds,

As you guys know I'm a pilgrimage fan.

That being said, the crows around dead bodies doesn't work after a saved game.  I don't know if that's the problem with other missions.

...And yes @TPW, We'll take what you give us. 🤣 Selfishly!

Dear General Partz,

I'll have a look into the disappearing crow issue for you!

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2023 at 12:23 AM, tpw said:

TPW AIR is running as intended on my system. tpw_air_aircraft is initialised as an empty array and then filled based on the contents of tpw_air_include. 

I should have mentioned I'm using the script version, I can get it too work now. (no idea what my previous issue was)

However the script version generates this error message upon loading a mission, the same error message also appears when the tpw_air_aircraft array is filled with a few custom classanmes, once clicked the mission loads and the script works as intended.

On 1/24/2023 at 5:02 AM, EO said:

I should have mentioned I'm using the script version, I can get it too work now. (no idea what my previous issue was)

However the script version generates this error message upon loading a mission, the same error message also appears when the tpw_air_aircraft array is filled with a few custom classanmes, once clicked the mission loads and the script works as intended.

Hmmm, not sure what's going on here. I run from the script version (in fact I run all my mods from the script versions as part of the dev process). I use custom strings in TPW AIR too:

0 = [60,300,2,[100,250,500],0,["heli","plane","uav","rhs","gm"]] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_air.sqf";

Can you post your settings and I'll try them out.

23 minutes ago, tpw said:

Can you post your settings and I'll try them out.

I pulled the script from the latest Dropbox link, launched A3 with no mods or CDLC other than CBA A3, added the script to a fresh mission, placed down one unit and called the script (as per the instruction) from the units init.

0 = [10,300,2,[50,250,500],0] execvm "tpw_air.sqf";

Previewing the scenario generates the error, but the script still works as intended.   

5 minutes ago, EO said:

I pulled the script from the latest Dropbox link, launched A3 with no mods or CDLC other than CBA A3, added the script to a fresh mission, placed down one unit and called the script (as per the instruction) from the units init.

Previewing the scenario generates the error, but the script still works as intended.   

Yep you've followed the instructions perfectly, it's just the instructions are wrong! There needs to be the array of aircraft to include. I have updated the instructions in the script header accordingly. Sorry about that EO

0 = [10,300,2,[50,250,500],0,[str1,str2,etc]] execvm "tpw_air.sqf";
or if you don't want to include any
0 = [10,300,2,[50,250,500],0,[]] execvm "tpw_air.sqf";
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2023 at 2:32 AM, tpw said:

[PARK 1.34] Cars will not spawn closer than 50m to player

I've been running into some problems with Park for a while, enough so I had to stop using it.

Your documentation in the pas says (it doesn't say that now) that I can cut off aspects of TPW by inserting a command such as tpw_park_active = 0; to disable an aspect. It doesn't appear to be working. I use external files which are read and which select enemy forces from a list. At the bottom on that file is this directive:  tpw_park_active = 0; Do I need to place it on the player to make it work?

So, I was wondering: If I disabled TPW Park and only enabled it for non mobile scenarios, would that work better than the way I described?

I stopped using TPW Park on mobile scenarios because of several issues, one of them being the tendency to park vehicles in the middle of the road or an intersection.

Another problem for me, at least, has been the spawning of vehicles directly in the path of vehicles, such as the players, which causes a traffic accident. I see you added the no closer than 50 meters, but a BTR traveling at 40 kph will travel that distance in about six seconds, 7.5 seconds at 30 kph. When the spawning takes place, with enough latency, the BTR will be on top of the newly spawned vehicle faster than that.

Another thing: Would wild cards work in TPW park? Adding LOP_ includes every vehicle including military ones, which I don't want. I use eastern European terrains all the time. I can use LOP_CHR_Civ, so I was wondering if a wildcard would work: LOP*Civ

*** As an addendum, I tried it again in Leskovets, and this time it worked, for a time, then stopped working. By the time it stopped working, I was on foot anyway.

Edited by badanov
Add more information

Perhaps a better way to temper this behavior by Arma 3 would be a law that says vehicles can't spawn while the player is moving inside a vehicle. Dunno if that would even be possible, though.

TPW MODS 20230211: Steam Dropbox

Changes:

[CORE 1.98, SKIRMISH 1.65, SOAP 1.74] Refactored unit disabling/enabling code, should largely eliminate artifacts such as units stuck kneeling, dodgy somersault transitions between animations, units falling through terrain etc ad nauseum. Added Sehreno support.
[AIR 1.34] Code cleanups
[ANIMALS 1.69] Added ambient bird flock flybys. Many thanks to LarsAspra for the idea and code. Added startled birds flying from trees when gunfire nearby.

Hi everyone. I'm very pleased to say that I have finally, after several years of frustration, got to the bottom of the issues causing glitches with disabled/re-enabled units. You're always fighting the engine when trying to override animations to get more realistic falling etc, which occasionally led to animations being applied to dead units, which caused the issues. A few extra lines of code later and they all behave themselves. 

TPW PARK is still a bit of a problem, as Badanov has noted. There's a reason why BIS pulled the original ambient parking module - it's difficult to get vehicles spawning exactly where and when is most appropriate. I'll keep looking into it now that I have the major glitch annoyance out of the way.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Hi @tpw!

You still have not everything going smoothly with BLEEDOUT module

periodically I meet errors:

Error Undefined variable in expression: _skill
File TPW_MODS\tpw_bleedout.sqf..., line 237

if I try save and restart mission then I thave another error message:

23:56:12   Error Generic error in expression
23:56:12 File TPW_MODS\tpw_sanity.sqf..., line 44
23:56:13 Error in expression <ealeh",1];
};

if (tpw_bleedout_affect == 1) then
{

>
23:56:13   Error position: <== 1) then
{

>
23:56:13   Error Generic error in expression
23:56:13 File TPW_MODS\tpw_bleedout.sqf..., line 217

Also, at this moment fps drops a lot. I don't know if this is related

Edited by mickeymen
Added additional info

@tpw

Any chance there will be a fix for the animation glitches to AI when TPW Fall module is enabled?

The problem specifically stems from this setting in TPW FALL: "(0 - 1, 0 = no reaction to bullet hits, 0.01 = will almost never use animated falls, 1 will always use animated falls)"

At any value (including) "0.01" - "1" this problem occurs-

When AI were set to idle or to do an animation by a mission maker, they do the weapon holster animation (but no pistol/invisible gun in hand) or start twitching and repeatedly do that once TPW Falls initiates. Instead of repairing/standing idle/etc animation they are meant to do. I like the ragdolls and hit reactions that TPW Fall offers, but it gives this really immersion breaking issue, and also breaks functionality of singleplayer missions (AI meant to do relaxed/unalert animations in a stealth raid- broken and do the above broken animations and raise the alarm...).

Disabling FALL fixes the issue- but removes the hit reaction/ragdolls functionality all together... Only other solution I could find is to use Halek's Impact mod to replace TPW Fall. But it doesn't seem to be fully compatible with TPW Bleed (causes AI to sometimes freeze in place after being revived from incapacitation).

I'm not sure if the bug long existed beforehand or if it was introduced in your last "Feb 10 @ 5:28pm Update"

"[CORE 1.98, SKIRMISH 1.65, SOAP 1.74] Refactored unit disabling/enabling code, should largely eliminate artifacts such as units stuck kneeling, dodgy somersault transitions between animations, units falling through terrain etc ad nauseum. Added Sehreno support."

But it could be a combo of both your latest update and that FALL setting inadvertently causing this AI glitch. 😔

TPW MODS 20230629: Steam Dropbox

Changes:

• [CORE 1.99, SOAP 1.75, FOG 2.00] Added support for Novogorsk, Sumava, Kardazak, Jumo. Improved screening for uninhabitable buildings and ruins.
  • [ANIMALS 1.70] Added support for MFR dogs
  • [DUCK 1.16] Suppressed units will not go prone if moving.

Hi champs. Sorry for the very long time in between drinks. It's been a rough few months real life wise, and my enthusiasm for Arma modding has been at a pretty low ebb. Making a few uniforms for TPW UNIFORMS, and some sporadic improvements to TPW MODS as new maps and content appear. I'd like to thank @Marc13Bautista and others for continuing the bug reports. I'm fully aware that TPW FALL and TPW BLEEDOUT do a bit of a balancing act together in order to bring my interpretation of realism to the game. It works well for me with my combination of mods and settings, but obviously it doesn't work for everyone. I'll do some CPR on my modding enthusiasm and see if I can do another deeper dive into FALL/BLEEDOUT/CORE. But no promises 🙂

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Got an idea:

Keybinding to disable/enable Compress, and also have it not override earplugs or ACE volume, since those are constant.  ACE earplugs or ACE volume triggering eventually breaks TPW's Compress.

Hey! Sorry, I know I'm probably an idiot but how do you add car models to the exclusion list for TPW_CARS? I don't like seeing the dumb looking base ARMA 3 cars spawn lol

2 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

...maybe fiddle with it here.

HUgC6KB.jpg

I assumed that "custom car classnames" was to let addon cars spawn of they have those prefixes.

Amazing to still see you updating the mod TPW. Its a timeless staple of Arma3.

I actually just got back to play some Ravage mod complimented by your amazing furniture scripts,and others,but ran into an issue.

TPW Rain isnt actually initialising after i load a saved game. There also no TPW Hint / init message at mission reload so i cant tell what its even trying to load.

Is the rain thing a bug or is TPW rain not supposed to work on a saved game? 

• Like 1

TPW MODS 20230927: Steam Dropbox

Changes:

[CORE 2.00, ANIMALS 1.71,  SOAP 1.76, FOG 2.01] Added support for Normandy, Lybor, Sa'hatra. Incapacitated units will use screams from SSD_DeathScreams if available.
[ANIMALS 1.71] Fixed bug which spawned animals too far from player. Dogs now mainly spawn around buildings rather than out in the open.

Hi everyone,

Happy 10th anniversary to TPW MODS, which I first put up September 13, 2013. I'd actually had a handful of mods prior to that, but thought it best to combine them for ease of maintenance (me) and ease of use (you). Thanks to everyone who has stuck around using my mods over the years, providing support, bug reports, code ideas and contributions, encouragement and friendship. I only play SP so all my interaction with other Arma3 users is via my mods. 2 years ago I finally transitioned TPW MODS over to Steam and was gratified with the rapid uptake (now 11000 subscribers) and relative decorum of the commenters.

This 10 year mark gives me a chance to reflect on Arma3. The game was anything but state of the art on release, and has barely evolved since then. But while other games have come and gone from my hard drive, A3 has been a constant. I have 9487 hours in it, which is about 9000 hours more than anything else I've ever played. This game has given me a creative outlet and a hobby to disappear into during various tough patches in my life, including divorce, health issues, professional setbacks etc etc.  While it's getting harder to find motivation for major additions and improvements, I still tinker away. And yes I do read your comments and suggestions even if I don't comment much or act on them in as timely a manner as you'd all like.  

It's hard to know what to think about Arma's future. Reforger is certainly impressive from an audiovisual standpoint but has absolutely nothing to retain my interest as an SP person. I drop in every month or so to notice that nothing has really changed except for the performance, which has tanked. I appreciate that there's lots of under the bonnet stuff that is happening and needs to happen, but the development pace and priorities doesn't bode well for Arma4. I guess that leaves people like me stuck with Arma3. I just have to bite down on the terrible optimisation and outdated presentation and content myself with playing with the incredible mod content that others create, and do my small bit to contribute to that.

Thanks for reading, and thanks again to all of you who've supported me in one way or another over the years.

TPW    

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, tpw said:

TPW MODS 20230927: Steam Dropbox

Changes:

[CORE 2.00, ANIMALS 1.71,  SOAP 1.76, FOG 2.01] Added support for Normandy, Lybor, Sa'hatra. Incapacitated units will use screams from SSD_DeathScreams if available.
[ANIMALS 1.71] Fixed bug which spawned animals too far from player. Dogs now mainly spawn around buildings rather than out in the open.

Hi everyone,

Happy 10th anniversary to TPW MODS, which I first put up September 13, 2013. I'd actually had a handful of mods prior to that, but thought it best to combine them for ease of maintenance (me) and ease of use (you). Thanks to everyone who has stuck around using my mods over the years, providing support, bug reports, code ideas and contributions, encouragement and friendship. I only play SP so all my interaction with other Arma3 users is via my mods. 2 years ago I finally transitioned TPW MODS over to Steam and was gratified with the rapid uptake (now 11000 subscribers) and relative decorum of the commenters.

This 10 year mark gives me a chance to reflect on Arma3. The game was anything but state of the art on release, and has barely evolved since then. But while other games have come and gone from my hard drive, A3 has been a constant. I have 9487 hours in it, which is about 9000 hours more than anything else I've ever played. This game has given me a creative outlet and a hobby to disappear into during various tough patches in my life, including divorce, health issues, professional setbacks etc etc.  While it's getting harder to find motivation for major additions and improvements, I still tinker away. And yes I do read your comments and suggestions even if I don't comment much or act on them in as timely a manner as you'd all like.  

It's hard to know what to think about Arma's future. Reforger is certainly impressive from an audiovisual standpoint but has absolutely nothing to retain my interest as an SP person. I drop in every month or so to notice that nothing has really changed except for the performance, which has tanked. I appreciate that there's lots of under the bonnet stuff that is happening and needs to happen, but the development pace and priorities doesn't bode well for Arma4. I guess that leaves people like me stuck with Arma3. I just have to bite down on the terrible optimisation and outdated presentation and content myself with playing with the incredible mod content that others create, and do my small bit to contribute to that.

Thanks for reading, and thanks again to all of you who've supported me in one way or another over the years.

TPW    

Last time i put Arma3 down,  thought it was truely the last time to do so.  But after playing Dayz SA, and setting up LAN server, using AI mods and playing SP,i was thinking to myself,"you know as much as i love the enfusion engine over RV5,theres just alot of mods that really immerse me there"... Ravage , cherno 2020(as good as SA map) and many many mods including ofcourse TPW.

Arma by itself is amazing,but modders like you have mae this game truely stand the test of time. I dont think il ever not "come back" to Arma3.  ts kind of likethe motivation suddenly creeps back in, wether modder or mission maker or player,you'l always return

• Like 3

Your work for A3 is still as relevant and fresh as it was 10 years ago, kudos for staying the course mate. :thanx:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tpw said:

But while other games have come and gone from my hard drive, A3 has been a constant.

Here, here.  And A2 before it and OFP before that.  They have all provided countless hours of enjoyment (and frustration) throughout the years and even made some deployments go by just a little bit faster, too.

• Like 3