tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Hi, I am calling TPW HUD from a script. Is there a way to

1.) Acticate the HUD automatically at mission start

2.) Change the HUD key from STRG+ALT+U to something else?

Thank you

On 5/15/2022 at 1:58 PM, tpw said:

Yep I added them in, next release in a day or two will allow the user to specify the % of military vehicles to spawn

Awesome!!!  Thx for the update.  I love it.  The fact that you're still improving this indispensible mod blows my mind.  Thank you, sincerely!!!

13 minutes ago, pvt. partz said:

Coupladrunks roight?

Protesting rising fuel prices?

• Haha 3

Ah... that's why sometimes zombies doesn't work, as it's an issue when I don't have Max Zombies added.

I love your Compress feature (0.6, 0.0, 0.15, 0.15).  I use it in combination with Windows loudness compressor/limiter.

Your fall stuff definitely adversely affects ACE medical & its own fall mechanics, so I turn TPW fall off in addition to all your bleeding stuff.  They work fine together otherwise, though.

I personally have Fog disabled.  I should probably try it again, though, but I recall it causing too much visibility issues for me even in good weather with BettIR & ACE NV.

An option to delay by a few minutes skirmish support units from arriving would be useful, and maybe even a check box to where that timer doesn't start until the enemy detects and starts shooting at you.

Thrilled you added civilian deaths triggering more enemy units!  Is it the skirmish # multiple of enemies added for each individual time you reach min civ deaths?

Edit: 

"Update: Oct 1, 2021 @ 11:01pm

[CROWD 1.23, CIVS 1.66] Added additional option so that killing civs will increase the number of spawned enemy squads in TPW SKIRMISH"

So it ramps up the number?  So if I put skirmish at 0 for troops and 0 for vehicles, will it spawn a squad for each time I accidentally take out X # of civilians as defined under my squad min?  Or is it spawning extra based on my skirmish size and/or time settings?

BTW, I no longer use PiR or bCombat, as both of them revert ACE medical's injury system to vanilla.  I also temporarily am only using (when I do use them at all) Dagger's weapons, not his magazines or ammo, because that breaks ACE head hit detection when using more mods than CBA + ACE + Dagger when using his ammo.  UAS and KA are also out, due to causing slowdown and/or insufficient ACE compatibility.

I see now what it does. If you don't have skirmish checked, the killing of civilians cannot cause more enemy units, and if you check skirmish but have the number of squads and vehicles at zero, that also will prevent this new feature from working.

Very cool so far, but I'd like the ability to have enemy skirmish/spawn only when I kill civilians, rather than a minimum of one squad at a time PLUS a squad per civilian killed.  Then when adding something like insurgents to the list of allowed enemy spawn types, I can have the 'stirring up the hornet nest' phenomenon if I'm careless.

Maybe have it so if you put the length of time it takes before they are spawned to zero as overriding the auto spawning of skirmish units, while also increasing the allowable length up to like 10 or 20 minutes if we do want some auto spawning of them but delayed, might be a good solution.  That way if you kill a civilian, more enemies would still spawn.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Sorry for being off the tools recently. I posted a brief explanation on the Steam TPW MODS page, but I'll go into a little more depth here.

Basically it boils down to a bit of a conundrum I'm facing since the release of Reforger. I bought into Reforger with my eyes wide open and certainly don't subscribe the the delusional negative comments being bandied around by a handful of malcontents on Steam. As a tech demo it was probably overpriced, but $ I was happy to spend to help move my franchise of choice out of the 2000s and into the 2020s.To me, Reforger represents such a massive leap forward in terms of audiovisuals, environmental immersion and performance  that it makes it very difficult to go back to the distinctly last gen visuals and atrocious performance of A3. On the other hand, the incredible depth of Arma3 and its huge range of official and 3rd party mods and content make it very difficult to  handle the austerity and almost total lack of meaningful SP (and its woeful mouse handling) at this stage in Reforger. So I've actually found myself doing neither. I'm not quite prepared to ditch 13+ years of Arma modding to plunge into the the powerful but poorly documented Reforger workbench way of doing things, especially since my mods tend to address shortfalls in the game as I see it, and those shortfalls are not fully defined in Reforger yet. But at the same time I'm not sure how long I should persist with my A3 modding for a platform that is increasingly being abandoned by other modders keen to realise their talents in a more appealing engine. Sigh.

Anyway, I think I will pick up the A3 modding again in the near future and keep an eye and a sense of cautious optimism out for Reforger. I'm sincerely hoping that this time around BI doesn't squander the chance (as they did for Arma3) to use early access as a platform to make meaningful engine level changes to Reforger and Arma4, instead of just rushing to bang out content. I'm also hoping that they don't just rely on modders to address shortfalls in the game content and systems.

Lastly, TPW MODS recently joined the vaunted 10000+ subscribers club, and I'm very grateful to all of you for your support and feedback. Speaking of which, I will go back over the last few months of comments with an eye to addressing some suggestions in the shortish term.

Cheers!

TPW

• Like 6

4 hours ago, tpw said:

"I'm also hoping that they don't just rely on modders to address shortfalls in the game content and systems."

Hi TPW, I´m dropping by (I still use an older version of TPW from mid2017, cus I can´t play without older HUD and FALL and some minor modules, anyways, I guess your mods will be used on A3 even without weekly/monthly support, and I say it not to demotivate you, but to assert that it is essential for SP and you have a truckload of fans here and on steam... ) just to highlight this line from your post, and acknowledge that BIS posted a roadmap today and some of the current most popular mods will be replaced by official content (such as VZ58 riffles, Colt 4x30 scope, PASGT vest, working bipods, better medical systems, etc) so I guess your hopes may come true (I mean, our hopes too)
At least there will be more SP content by Q4 they´ve promissed lol (I want to control a squad so I can frickin´ take an enemy HQ without respawning a hundred times 😃
But as some blank spaces will still be left uncheck by BIS, I hope your future TPW mod for A4 will take care of that (without a long list of features as of now)

Cheers and Kudos, keep up the great work 😉

• Like 2

TPW MODS 20220821:  Steam, Dropbox

Changes:

[CORE 1.96, BOATS 1.44, FOG 1.98, SOAP 1.72] Added support for The Bra, Kaska, Northern Takistan. 
[BLEEDOUT 1.42] Prevent revival anims playing twice on the same unit. Remove interference with units with customised animation speed.
[CORE 1.96] Added PIR animation support.  
[FALL 1.77] Hit reactions from Project Injury Animation (PIR) will be used if the mod is present (and its hit and medical functions deactivated). 
[FOG 1.98] Climate correctly adjusts for northern and southern hemisphere terrains.

Hi everyone. OK so I got over my A3 apathy for a while and have made a few nice little changes to TPW MODS. The most important one is that I have integrated the excellent hitpart specific animations of Project Injury Reaction. This is a fantastic mod but in its default setup interferes with TPW FALL and adds a lot of other noises and medical stuff that is not to everyone's taste, so it's usually PIR or TPW FALL, not both. If you install PIR and then disable all its hit and medical functions, then TPW FALL will use the animations so that player and AI will now react in one of three ways to a hit: 1- body part specific reactions (PIR anims), 2 - animated fall to ground and recovery, or 3 - brief ragdoll "knockout" followed by varying degrees of incapacitation. This adds a real degree of variety to combat.  To further spice things up, the user can now select how often a hit will transfer its real damage to the unit (ie a potential kill shot). By default it's 20%. The rest of the time, a unit cannot be killed outright, but will bleed out. Of course you can put a few more rounds into a unit to finish the job, if you are so inclined. The other decent change is to TPW FOG, which now correlty identifies which hemisphere the map is in and adjusts the weather accordingly. Enjoy!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, tpw said:

The other decent change is to TPW FOG, which now correlty identifies which hemisphere the map is in and adjusts the weather accordingly. Enjoy!

More than decent my friend, thank you. :rthumb:

• Like 2

On 8/20/2022 at 6:15 PM, tpw said:

. The other decent change is to TPW FOG, which now correlty identifies which hemisphere the map is in and adjusts the weather accordingly. Enjoy!

Very nice.

On 8/20/2022 at 7:15 PM, tpw said:

TPW MODS 20220821:  Steam, Dropbox

Changes:

[CORE 1.96, BOATS 1.44, FOG 1.98, SOAP 1.72] Added support for The Bra, Kaska, Northern Takistan. 
[BLEEDOUT 1.42] Prevent revival anims playing twice on the same unit. Remove interference with units with customised animation speed.
[CORE 1.96] Added PIR animation support.  
[FALL 1.77] Hit reactions from Project Injury Animation (PIR) will be used if the mod is present (and its hit and medical functions deactivated). 
[FOG 1.98] Climate correctly adjusts for northern and southern hemisphere terrains.

Hi everyone. OK so I got over my A3 apathy for a while and have made a few nice little changes to TPW MODS. The most important one is that I have integrated the excellent hitpart specific animations of Project Injury Reaction. This is a fantastic mod but in its default setup interferes with TPW FALL and adds a lot of other noises and medical stuff that is not to everyone's taste, so it's usually PIR or TPW FALL, not both. If you install PIR and then disable all its hit and medical functions, then TPW FALL will use the animations so that player and AI will now react in one of three ways to a hit: 1- body part specific reactions (PIR anims), 2 - animated fall to ground and recovery, or 3 - brief ragdoll "knockout" followed by varying degrees of incapacitation. This adds a real degree of variety to combat.  To further spice things up, the user can now select how often a hit will transfer its real damage to the unit (ie a potential kill shot). By default it's 20%. The rest of the time, a unit cannot be killed outright, but will bleed out. Of course you can put a few more rounds into a unit to finish the job, if you are so inclined. The other decent change is to TPW FOG, which now correlty identifies which hemisphere the map is in and adjusts the weather accordingly. Enjoy!

Neat. 

I've been using fog lately with ground fog turned off, so I get breath and stuff like that.  I will try your new more complicated fog features, though.

I simply got rid of PiR totally since it interferes with ACE3, and went with a bunch of other hit reaction mods + ACE3.  I can't live without ACE3 anymore.  I might try your Fall again to see if it conflicts with ACE3.

Any chance of getting an option so that the skirmish spawning ONLY happens upon killing civilians?  The option of killing civilians causing more skirmish spawning does indeed work wonderfully, but you're currently limited to at least one skirmish spawning at all times with civilian kills causing additional spawning of the enemy, rather than the option of no skirmish spawning until you kill a civilian.  We are very close, though 🙂

TPW is as essential to Arma 3 as ACE3.

Thanks for the kind words @Reticuli, I appreciate the sentiment. I'll have a look into the skirmish spawning suggestion of yours. As far as FALL and ACE, I don't use ACE so any feedback from you would be valuable. 

EDIT: If you set the number of enemy squads and vehicles to 0 in TPW SKIRMISH, then there will be no skirmish until you retire a few civilians, in which case enemies will start spawning.  

TPW UNIFORMS: Steam Dropbox

As well as TPW MODS I've made some pretty substantial changes to TPW UNIFORMS.

The main change is that I have added support for the Ranger Danger mod, which although of doubtful provenance has IMHO some of the best uniform models out there.  I've also added a little bit of RHS support, which will allow retextured covered opscore helmets and alice backpacks. I've completely overhauled the AMCU, OCP and MCAM stuff , and added an MTP texture for your UK needs.

mkOjCG6.jpg

AgeKt6k.jpg

Putting multicam style camo into Arma3 is really bloody hard. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, tpw said:

Thanks for the kind words @Reticuli, I appreciate the sentiment. I'll have a look into the skirmish spawning suggestion of yours. As far as FALL and ACE, I don't use ACE so any feedback from you would be valuable. 

EDIT: If you set the number of enemy squads and vehicles to 0 in TPW SKIRMISH, then there will be no skirmish until you retire a few civilians, in which case enemies will start spawning.  

When I previously put enemy squads and vehicles at 0, no amount of civilians killed would cause any enemies to spawn.  Is this a new capability?

1 minute ago, Reticuli said:

When I previously put enemy squads and vehicles at 0, no amount of civilians killed would cause any enemies to spawn.  Is this a new capability?

Nothing new. It's important that you set your civilian casualty thresholds to 0, to ensure that you'll trigger an increase. If you kill a civ and then type

hint str tpw_skirmish_enemysquad_max

then you should see it increase.

16 hours ago, tpw said:

Nothing new. It's important that you set your civilian casualty thresholds to 0, to ensure that you'll trigger an increase. If you kill a civ and then type

hint str tpw_skirmish_enemysquad_max

then you should see it increase.

I have...

Under Civ:

Max Allowed Civ Killed - Player squad= 1

(assumed this was just how many killed civilians by my squad are necessary to trigger additional spawns according to Skirmish... kill 2 civilians, get 2X my skirmish setting?)

Max Allowed Civ Killed - Total = 3

(I assumed this is my squad and enemy collateral combined trigger... I kill 1 civ, enemy kill 2 civ, then I get 1X skirmish setting?)

If Civ Death Threshold = Increase enemy numbers

Under Skirmish:

Max enemy squads = 1

This does trigger an increase, but there's always at least one enemy squad already present, unless the lag time is currently counting down between the last squad that was just eliminated and the new spawning of this minimum one squad.

Putting either of the Max Allowed Civ Killed at zero would seem like it should cause additional skirmish spawns to trigger even if no civilians have been killed.

Am I supposed to put all these at 0?

• Like 1

That’s what I did and it worked 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tpw said:

That’s what I did and it worked 🙂

So, let's ignore that 3 total civilian kills (me and enemy causing these casualties together) would no longer be able to trigger immediate additional enemy squads at the unique threshold I've chosen separate from my individual squad's contribution if that's how this feature now works and one does what you're recommending...

If I put both the max allowed civilians killed settings at 0 and the max enemy squads setting at 0, I seem to get zero additional enemy units when I kill any number of civilians and zero default enemy skirmish units spawning, respectively.  If I put everything at least at 1, that seems to fix it, but then I always have at least one enemy squad showing up after the set delay even if no one has killed any civilians yet.

If I'm right and you're wrong, then perhaps the solution is to allow us to increase the delay before the default 'max enemy squads' spawn to a higher number, like 99999 seconds.

If I'm wrong, though, then I'm not sure what I'm doing that causes a different result than you.  I went caveman on those civies in every combination of settings I could think of and can't get your description of how it works to happen when all the settings are 0.

Hi TPW my man!

I'm here to report a weird bug that's probably related to TPW Fall (or maybe other TPW modules, idk).

Basically, when I fall from a moderate height (like 2-3 meters), somehow I just straight up die...

Steps to reproduce:

Launch the game with only CBA_A3 and TPW Mods

Place a unit on top of a small structure that's high enough to induce some damage (not a completely harmless landing)

Wait for like 15 seconds (if I jump off immediately I won't die, probably because the buggy module is still initializing)

Jump off the structure to embrace death

Video illustrating the bug:

(I have Fall sensitivity set to 0, but the result is the same when sensitivity is set to the default 0.85)

Oh also, I noticed that when I take damage, sometimes TPW HUD will start to flicker on the bottom right (even when I don't have tactical goggles anywhere).

Thanks in advance. Love your work!

On 8/25/2022 at 11:14 AM, Sam Fisher said:

Hi TPW my man!

I'm here to report a weird bug that's probably related to TPW Fall (or maybe other TPW modules, idk).

Basically, when I fall from a moderate height (like 2-3 meters), somehow I just straight up die...

Steps to reproduce:

Launch the game with only CBA_A3 and TPW Mods

Place a unit on top of a small structure that's high enough to induce some damage (not a completely harmless landing)

Wait for like 15 seconds (if I jump off immediately I won't die, probably because the buggy module is still initializing)

Jump off the structure to embrace death

Video illustrating the bug:

(I have Fall sensitivity set to 0, but the result is the same when sensitivity is set to the default 0.85)

Oh also, I noticed that when I take damage, sometimes TPW HUD will start to flicker on the bottom right (even when I don't have tactical goggles anywhere).

Thanks in advance. Love your work!

...Hi TPW. Hope you're well

Just to expand a bit to the previous post

I to am experiencing a bit of a bug using the same setup (TPW/CBA) and if I hop off a rock or a somewhat elevated perch or climb over a wall, I flip to first person from third person.

...one other is that the crows around dead bodies doesn't work after loading a save game. I can't remember if it ever did TBO. Maybe that's something that can't work the same after a reload as it did prior to saving the game.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if this is a fixable issue, but sometimes when I'm driving in a vehicle with TPW PARK enabled, a parked vehicle will try to spawn inside me and send my car flying (and instantly kill me!) Would lowering the simulation radius to 0 at least keep them from launching me?

@Pvt. Parts, @osterizer8, thanks for the bug reports, which I have addressed for the upcoming release. Sorry about the delay. 

• Like 2

On 9/24/2022 at 6:36 PM, tpw said:

@Pvt. Parts, @osterizer8, thanks for the bug reports, which I have addressed for the upcoming release. Sorry about the delay. 

You ever figure out a certain way to get no auto spawning of skirmish units until you start killing civilians?  Setting the Max Enemy Squads to 1 acts as the minimum number that are always out there, and then the Max Allowed Civilians Killed threshold quantities (I set 1 for my team and 3 for everyone together) obviously is already working swimmingly if you don't mind always at least 1 skirmish squad wandering out there.  Setting the time until spawn to 300 (though that's still a little low) and max distance for them further (though that doesn't make the post-civilian deaths squads as dangerous) can at least make them less bothersome too soon in the mission.  Maybe let 0 time until spawn act as no minimum squads wandering around, and instead none spawn until civilians killed when 'if > civ death threshold' is set to 'increase enemy numbers'?

On 8/21/2022 at 2:15 AM, tpw said:

If you install PIR and then disable all its hit and medical functions, then TPW FALL will use the animations so that player and AI will now react in one of three ways

Could you explain in more detail exactly which namely PIR medical functions should be disabled?

The PIR mod has a ton of settings and it's not entirely clear which ones will conflict with TPW and which won't.