tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Works like a charm again! 👍

Top service, tpw.  Modder of the year! 🤴

(Having been forced to play without tpw_fall for a day I must really emphasize that that is not an option for me anymore. 😁)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, tpw said:

Hi @gatordev, thanks for the reports. I’ve started using Weferlingen winter recently and noticed that it was foggy too, something I also put down to a deliberate config design by the devs. Tpw fog actually has an internal list of fog multipliers for different terrains, I’ll just  add them for Weferlingen winter and cam Lao nam. 

Steam and Dropbox versions are the same. 

Thank you so much for the reply.  I guess that explains why when I played on Livonia last night, I wasn't having the issue.  Your updates are always appreciated!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tpw said:

Bahaha I aim to please. I have tracked the issue down to a broken steam upload. I've reuploaded the correct bloody data this time so you are all good to go. Sorry about that, the refund is in the mail. 

Thanks for the quick fix! My $0 check should arrive any day now... 😉

• Like 1

Hello, 

thank you for this nice mod. I was wondering if it is possible to to use only parts of this mod (civs,cars,furniture) in my missions. It seems that parts of the mod have a conflict with the revive system of the mission which I am playing (OPCOM). 

thank you

5 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

if it is possible to to use only parts of this mod (civs,cars,furniture) in my missions. It seems that parts of the mod have a conflict with the revive system of the mission which I am playing (OPCOM). 

You can enable/disable parts of the mod in the Arma in game config settings if you subscribed to Steam or in the .hpp file if you installed it manually. Just check or uncheck what you want to use. You can even adjust the intensity of some of the settings.

6J0dukw.jpg

8vlbvpL.jpg

As far as conflicts with your mission, I dewn't knew.

@tpw My friend let me ask. I want to increase the volume of the dog and cat meowing, where do I set it? 😁

17 hours ago, ducphuli said:

increase the volume of the dog and cat meowing

Just play with your dog or cat in your room 😄

i was playing Red Dead 2 the other day and there happened

to be a cat on this porch in this town i was in, and the thing was meowing, it sounded very real and immersive, i was like man

this game is immersive with its animals, and hear i look over and my cat is next to me meowing for food 😂

Edited by Gunter Severloh
Linked some screenshots
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Hello, I am trying to toggle the display of civilians with TPW hud ingame (CTRL + ALT + C) but the white dot does not disappear. Any idea how to disable scanning for civilians?

On 3/29/2022 at 2:56 AM, rainbow47 said:

Hello, I am trying to toggle the display of civilians with TPW hud ingame (CTRL + ALT + C) but the white dot does not disappear. Any idea how to disable scanning for civilians?

So if you're using the simplified display (just the dots) then you can't disable the civilian display. This is a design decision to keep the overhead lower for the HUD. If you use the full display (reticles etc) by pressing ctrl-alt-u then you can indeed disable civilian display.

On 3/27/2022 at 9:06 AM, ducphuli said:

@tpw My friend let me ask. I want to increase the volume of the dog and cat meowing, where do I set it? 😁

You can't, and I'm not keen on retooling the script to introduce parameters for it. Sorry :) 

• Like 2

On 3/27/2022 at 12:02 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

Just play with your dog or cat in your room 😄

On 3/30/2022 at 5:26 AM, tpw said:

You can't, and I'm not keen on retooling the script to introduce parameters for it. Sorry 🙂 

On 3/31/2022 at 12:15 AM, pvt. partz said:

amd you need this to extract the .pbo files

Thanks guys, as suggested by @pvt. partz , I ask your permission to increase the volume of the cat meow

• Like 1

Thanks mate but you don’t need my permission, I specifically release tpw mods with the scripts available so you can see what’s going on and change things to suit. 

So to make the cat noises louder, look in tpw_animal_fnc_catmeow: 

Line 563 :
 _vol = 1;  // increase this 

Similarly for tpw _animals_fnc_dogbark:

Line 371:
			// Reduce bark volume away from habitation
            if (count _nearhouses == 0) then 
                {
                _vol = 0.25;
                }
            else
                {
                _vol = 1;
                };

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tpw said:

Thanks mate but you don’t need my permission, I specifically release tpw mods with the scripts available so you can see what’s going on and change things to suit. 

So to make the cat noises louder, look in tpw_animal_fnc_catmeow: 

Similarly for tpw _animals_fnc_dogbark:

very detailed, thanks mate

Should we unsubscribe before installing this mod using your install bat file?

more control over how much rain and wind would be nice

when in a game I hardly get any rain and no wind

2 hours ago, Micky Nub said:

Should we unsubscribe before installing this mod using your install bat file?

more control over how much rain and wind would be nice

when in a game I hardly get any rain and no wind

There is no need to unsubscribe. I have the Steam version and a locally installed version both installed at the same time. They show up together in my list of mods in the launcher. Just be sure only to run just one version at a time.

I use one set of settings in the Steam version for use in general missions and another set of settings in the local mod. Depending what mission I am on , I can quickly change from one to the other just by running the correct version from the launcher.

Hi guys,

I am receiving the following error message after changing the HUD range to 300 in the settings:

"Error undefined variable in expression: tpw_hud_maxrange
File TPW_Mods/tpw_hud.sqf..., line 1429"

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you

4 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

Hi guys,

I am receiving the following error message after changing the HUD range to 300 in the settings:

"Error undefined variable in expression: tpw_hud_maxrange
File TPW_Mods/tpw_hud.sqf..., line 1429"

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you

Can you please post a screenshot of the TPW MODS HUD settings?

Hi TPW hope all is well. Just seen you mod now has an ingame dropdown configuration set up. thought i was loosing my mind wen i couldnt find a "user config" lol

Im currently just running rain effects and radio,everytime i boot up a mission i have a slight 1-2 second stutter during initilaisation. never used to happen,is it normal?

4 hours ago, redarmy said:

Hi TPW hope all is well. Just seen you mod now has an ingame dropdown configuration set up. thought i was loosing my mind wen i couldnt find a "user config" lol

Im currently just running rain effects and radio,everytime i boot up a mission i have a slight 1-2 second stutter during initilaisation. never used to happen,is it normal?

Hi @redarmy, yeah mate the stutter is caused by the way tpw core now scans all houses at startup. This prevents in game stutters. I know the rain fx and radio don’t use house stuff, but c’est la vie.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tpw said:

Hi @redarmy, yeah mate the stutter is caused by the way tpw core now scans all houses at startup. This prevents in game stutters. I know the rain fx and radio don’t use house stuff, but c’est la vie.

Ah fair enough,just wanted to double check that it wasnt potentially something else and other scripts/TPW scripts would be failing at some point during gameplay.

TPW MODS 20220423: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h66z72l3ka3w8jf/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

• [CORE 1.93, SOAP 1.69] Added support for Bala Murghab. Adjusted civilian clothing for colder climates. Added support for Tenues Civiles civilian clothing.
  • [FOG 1.95] Adjusted fog multipliers for Weferlingen winter and Cam Lao Nam, to reduce excessive fogginess on these maps. Added support for Bala Murghab, Legions Endor and Legions Scarif. 
  • [SKIRMISH 1.63] Further reduced incidence of dead bodies occasionally falling through the ground and disappearing. Improved healing animations.

Not the biggest changelog of all time, sorry.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Continuous love and support since day one doesn’t require an apology. 🍻

• Like 1