tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

1 hour ago, tpw said:

Hmm, there’s code there to remove nvgs from the csat soldiers which are reclothed as civs. I’ll look into it further, thanks for the report.

Thank you for the great mod!

Just to make sure I made myself clear on the bug report: this happens on the CROWD module, which should generate actual civilians, not on the skirmish.

Keep up the great job 💪

I have a bug to report. In the section where it says can snow, it snows even when I turn that off. It doesn't seem to make any difference as to the month, or time or ambient temp. 

Hello everyone, Have you worked or are you still at home relaxing?
I don't know if TPW mod has a feature to mute birds and crickets around? because I'm building a campaign but there are too many birdsong in the map. Thanks

TPW MODS 20220123: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h66z72l3ka3w8jf/TPW_MODS.zip  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2586787720

Changes:

• [CORE 1.91, FOG 1.93, SOAP 1.68] Added Bastek support. 
  • [CORE 1.91] Improved JBAD support for Mandol. Reduced military style civilian uniforms. Improved shoe and denim variety if using SOF_Uniforms for civs.
  • [SKIRMISH 1.61] Skirmish units will automatically replenish their primary weapon ammo (should prevent lots of units running around with handguns after prolonged battles). Improved spawn location code so that quads will spawn at a mixture of on-road and off-road locations. 
  • [SOAP 1.68] Fixed a few sporadic variable errors.

Hi everyone. Merry 2022 etc. I was hoping that 2022 would be better than last year, but it's not shaping up too promising. Nevertheless I've shrugged off some anxiety and apathy to bring a few changes to TPW MODS. I'm aware of the backlog of other changes and fixes, and will get to them as my time and lack of general enthusiasm permits.

I've also done a large overhaul to my TPW UNIFORMS mod for those who might be interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5t5wqq5hx29a0ox/TPW_UNIFORMS.zip  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2581537651

Take it easy.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, tpw said:

ryone. Merry 2022 etc. I was hoping that 2022 would be better than last year, but it's not shaping up too promising. Nevertheless I've shrugged off some anxiety and apathy to bring a few changes to TPW MODS. I'm aware of the backlog of other changes and fixes, and will get to them as my time and lack of general enthusiasm permits.

Thank, Have a nice day

Recently I've been encountering a bug where aircraft spawned by the AIR module will sometimes engage ground units they see along their flight path. They don't deviate from their flight path, so it mostly just applies to attack helicopters with turrets. I haven't seen anything be engaged with bombs or guided missiles, just turreted cannons and, in one particularly unlucky case, a passing Xian unloaded its rockets at me.

5 hours ago, osterizer8 said:

Recently I've been encountering a bug where aircraft spawned by the AIR module will sometimes engage ground units they see along their flight path. They don't deviate from their flight path, so it mostly just applies to attack helicopters with turrets. I haven't seen anything be engaged with bombs or guided missiles, just turreted cannons and, in one particularly unlucky case, a passing Xian unloaded its rockets at me.

I have had that in Hetman War Stories where the commanding AI would utilise air units spawned in by TPW AIR. It is likely that other dynamic missions will be the same. It adds to the ambience even more.

6 hours ago, osterizer8 said:

It's also very prevalent when using WebKnight's Avionics mod. Any armed aircraft will also fire missiles. 😅

22 hours ago, alky_lee said:

I have had that in Hetman War Stories where the commanding AI would utilise air units spawned in by TPW AIR. It is likely that other dynamic missions will be the same. It adds to the ambience even more.

Ah, that's probably it then. I mostly play HWS, though I had thought the air units would be excluded from HAL's control.

How dee TPW

...looks like you hired another mechanic.

...he seems a bit lost at his new job.

OtEeOc5.jpg

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

How dee TPW

...looks like you hired another mechanic.

...he seems a bit lost at his new job.

OtEeOc5.jpg

Looks to just be admiring the canon's girth.....

seinfeld-george-costanza.gif

• Haha 3

Hello hello,

I use your great mod with Hetman War Stories now, and i have a question about tpw skirmish:

I never see any artillery or cas called by squads, and would like to know what could be the reason ? Except this, it work fine and it really add to global ambience.

Thank you

Thanks for the report @benouyt, I’ll have a look into it

EDIT: Found and fixed problem. I will release shortly.

Thanks to you for this mod !

I had also a question : I would like to know if there is a way to config wich vehicles we want in tpw air ?  Like you do with cars and park, so for exemple, if i play in a sci fi set scenario, i could have only futuristic plane etc... 

6 hours ago, benouyt said:

Thanks to you for this mod !

I had also a question : I would like to know if there is a way to config wich vehicles we want in tpw air ?  Like you do with cars and park, so for exemple, if i play in a sci fi set scenario, i could have only futuristic plane etc... 

Thanks @benouyt

I've added include list functionality to TPW AIR for you. It will be in the next release.

• Like 2

TPW MODS 20220315: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h66z72l3ka3w8jf/TPW_MODS.zip  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2586787720

Changes:

• [CORE 1.92] Added CIV support for PMC Uniforms expansion and EO Gorkas and beanies. Improved house scanning so that civs and other ambience won't spawn near ruins.
  • [AIR 1.33] Added include list for aircraft. Will use all available assets if include list is empty.
  • [FALL 1.75] Player stops looking through zoomed optics when hit.
  • [FOG 1.94] Added steam on dead bodies. Removed foggy breath from hidden units.
  • [HUD 1.77] Improved hud-capable goggles detection and automatic addition.
  • [PARK 1.32] User can now specify friendly and enemy cars and tanks to be spawned. Vehicles can be spawned damaged by including "!" (no quotes) in their string.
  • [SKIRMISH 1.62] Reduced incidence of dead bodies occasionally falling through the ground and disappearing (incredibly annoying).Fixed broken routines for AI calling support. Improved auto-ammo functionality. 

TPW UNIFORMS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8kuslmah5lgp05/TPW_UNIFORMS.zip https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2581537651

Hi everyone, seems like a long time between drinks. This year continues to go to shit at a rapid pace and on top of all the other crap going on (including massive floods in my town) I now get cognitive dissonance from modding and playing a military simulator whilst WW3 is threatening to break out. Sigh. Anyway, here's the latest TPW MODS which adds and fixes a few things and no doubt leaves your favourite bug untouched. On top of that I've massively expanded TPW UNIFORMS. Please keep the feedback coming, I do read it eventually and sometimes even act on it.    

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@tpw

Apologies for not asking/reporting(?) this before this last update, but I've just started to notice something on my end...  tpw_Fog seems to be very aggressive all of a sudden.  Initially some missions in early winter on Weferlingen started to fog up very quickly during the first 3 or so minutes of the mission, basically making it almost like a white-out snow storm.  Weather and forecast weather is set to clear, as is fog in the mission.  I could even reproduce it by manually setting it to 0 in the exec console and it would come back very quickly.

No worries, I thought, I guess that's just the mod reacting to the very cold German weather, but I get the same issue in Cam Lao Nam in the summer.  It's not as bad, but it definitely builds when everything is set to 0.  I was able to fix the issue on both maps using a trigger to turn off fog after tpw Mods initializes, but I didn't have to do this previously. 

Also, a quick question...should we be reverting to the Dropbox version instead of the Steam version?  I know you were still trying to trouble-shoot why saved games would throw all the errors with the Steam version, but I haven't seen anything here that indicates it's been addressed.  I'm fine either way, just trying to figure out which version to keep using/switch back to.

Thanks for the update!

Hi @gatordev, thanks for the reports. I’ve started using Weferlingen winter recently and noticed that it was foggy too, something I also put down to a deliberate config design by the devs. Tpw fog actually has an internal list of fog multipliers for different terrains, I’ll just  add them for Weferlingen winter and cam Lao nam. 

Steam and Dropbox versions are the same. 

• Like 1

Using the Steam version of the mod, for some reason TPW MODS no longer shows up in the Addon Options dropdown, so it's not possible to change the options in-game at the moment. I'm not sure if it's related but I'm also getting a popup when launching that says, "Addon "tpw_muffler" requires addon "jsrs_soundmod_complete_edition."

Hmmm, I always check the mod out thoroughly before uploading to steam, to avoid the avalanche of complaints. The cba setting menu worked just fine before I uploaded it. , I know this because I tested the new tpw air settings.  I’ll have a look as soon as I get home from work

• Like 2

6 hours ago, osterizer8 said:

Using the Steam version of the mod, for some reason TPW MODS no longer shows up in the Addon Options dropdown, so it's not possible to change the options in-game at the moment. I'm not sure if it's related but I'm also getting a popup when launching that says, "Addon "tpw_muffler" requires addon "jsrs_soundmod_complete_edition."

I can confirm that bug. It's the same for me here.

2 hours ago, tpw said:

...  I’ll have a look as soon as I get home from work

It is really great that you are living in Oz. You might have a fix ready refore I even go to lunch 😁

3 hours ago, oldy41 said:

It is really great that you are living in Oz. You might have a fix ready refore I even go to lunch 😁

Bahaha I aim to please. I have tracked the issue down to a broken steam upload. I've reuploaded the correct bloody data this time so you are all good to go. Sorry about that, the refund is in the mail. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2