tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

2 minutes ago, gatordev said:

So I thought that might have been the answer before I reported it, but the Moduload button is grayed out after I come back from a saved game.  I thought that meant everything is loaded so there's nothing to "reload," but maybe I'm misunderstanding.  I've had Moduload loaded for years now, so it's possible the version I have is out-dated, as well.

I've never actually used a save game in my life, so you really have to take my advice with a grain of salt. Playing around with moduload, it does seem a bit flakey in that sometimes the "reload" button is active and sometimes it isn't. Hopefully I'll get a fix in so you won't have to deal with the flakiness. In the mean time you could help point me in the right direction:

1 - So when TPW MODS shits itself after a save game reload, are you able to access the TPW MODS settings in the esc menu? 

2 - If you type tpw_core_active in the debug shell what do you see?

I've got a suspicion that the init I use now that I've implemented the CBA settings is not reading needed values on save game reload.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tpw said:

Hi chaps

I've been looking into why TPW MODS is not resuming nicely from a save game like it used to. Seems to basically be related to the use of the CBA settings instead of the old HPP file. Sigh. I'm not sure if I'll be able to code a workaround in a timely fashion, but in the mean time I suggest those of you who are TPW MODS + savegame users install Moduload, which will manually allow you to reinitialise the mods after you load a savegame. 

I can  reload a saved game with TPW just fine. There is a small lag for re-establishing Advance AI command, but that is not your problem/issue.

I s'pect, it may be not of your doing. I get reloaded saved games with the flash cone from RHS BTR 14.5mm guns still showing.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, badanov said:

I get reloaded saved games with the flash cone from RHS BTR 14.5mm guns still showing.

That has been an Arma bug for years now. It happens with vanilla assets when loading saves, mainly armoured vehicles such as APCs and tanks. It doesn’t seem to happen with Mrap class of vehicle.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, tpw said:

I've never actually used a save game in my life, so you really have to take my advice with a grain of salt. Playing around with moduload, it does seem a bit flakey in that sometimes the "reload" button is active and sometimes it isn't. Hopefully I'll get a fix in so you won't have to deal with the flakiness. In the mean time you could help point me in the right direction:

1 - So when TPW MODS shits itself after a save game reload, are you able to access the TPW MODS settings in the esc menu? 

2 - If you type tpw_core_active in the debug shell what do you see?

I've got a suspicion that the init I use now that I've implemented the CBA settings is not reading needed values on save game reload.

Let me play around in-game and see what I can find.  I think TPW is loading after the save reload, it's just spitting out a bunch of code in the meantime letting me know it's not happy.  Things like Fall are still happening.  I have a lot of the "easy to see" stuff turned off (HUD, ambient units, etc) on most missions, but I want to say things like foggy breath are still there.  I've just been spending a lot of time in Cam Lao Nam lately, so haven't noticed.

I'll try and mess with it this evening.

Update: 

1.  When reloading a mission, TPW Mods is accessible in the Esc menu (and Moduload is grayed out).

2.  When typing tpw_cor_active, I get "True."

After paying closer attention, it looks like all the mods load slowly, including stuff I have turned off, and then almost all of the errors go away.  I was getting an error about grenade duck run

("Error in expression <
if (tpw_duck_grenaderun == 0) exitwith {};
private _thrower = _t>
15:14:25   Error position: <== 0) exitwith {};
private _thrower = _t>
15:14:25   Error Generic error in expression
15:15:08 Error in expression <" 

(which I have turned on) that would keep popping up from time to time.  I'd also continue to get this after most of the other errors have settled down:

if (tpw_core_extended_enable == 1) then
{
_unit playmove "ainvpknlmst>
15:17:08   Error position: <== 1) then
{
_unit playmove "ainvpknlmst>
15:17:08   Error Generic error in expression

Just wanted to report back what I'm seeing.  If at the end of the day, it's better to go back to the .hpp, I'm still a happy customer!

I get reloaded saved games with the flash cone from RHS BTR 14.5mm guns still showing.

@badanov I just jump in said vehicle and fire off a shot and this will get rid of the flash cone, that is if you don't startle the enemy‼️:shoot::uzi:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

@badanov I just jump in said vehicle and fire off a shot and this will get rid of the flash cone, that is if you don't startle the enemy‼️:shoot::uzi:

I'll give it whirl sometime. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi there,

First off, thank you for the wonderful TPW mod, I've been using it since the beginning of release.

Secondly, I'm here to report a possible bug (or two?) I used the template found on the workshop:

For the sake of my sanity, when you're reporting bugs and issues can you please tell me:

- Arma3 version (stable or dev) - Stable (Latest)
- 32 or 64 bit exe - 64 bit
- Version of the specific mod - Update: 2 Oct @ 5:01am
- Script or addon version - Addon
- Downloaded from Steam or the TPW MODS site - Steam Workshop
- Running on SP, MP or dedi - SP, currently to configurate RHS Units, but also to test TPW settings

The bug shows up as a textbox on the screen, warning about an Undefined Variable. When you look around on the map you will physically see a frozen helicopter hanging in the air that won't despawn at the outer circle of the defined Max Range.

Here is the code snippet reported:

'...

deletevehicle _heli;

deletevehicle |# |_heli2;

{

deletevehicle _x;

sleep 0.1;

...'

Error Undefined variable in expression: _heli2

File TPW_Mods\tpw_skirmish.sqf..., line 1311

Nothing else really happened. The map used were "Virtual Reality". But I've encountered this before while playing on Tanoa I believe it was, on raw configuration (standard A3 units).

As a sidenote/sidebug? Not sure if it's a bug, a conflict with something or anything, or just plain old dumb bullshittery and shenanigans À la Arma 3 A.I.
But the soldiers that spawns with TPW, when engaged by another spawned TPW unit, switches from their main weaponry to their sidearms to "engage & covering fire" at medium to long ranges. It happens quite frequently.
It's quite the show watching two groups of soliders trying to hit eachother with sidearms on about 250-500 meters (sometimes even further), even more jolly times when they decide to engage armored combat vehicles in
the same fashion.

And here is the fun facts, it's not because they are out of magazines, because randomly they do decide to switch back and forth to their main arms during the engagements, but they tend to prioritize the sidearms.

Now, using ZEUS to inspect the soldier groups, most of the time they have quite the low skill level threshold (between 0-15% , a selected few manage to get 15-20%, barely anyone get's 25% or above).

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the above mentioned but I thought this information could be worth mentioning.

And to end this post, a small request with sugar on top. Would it be possible to seperate the artillery to it's own CAS Call setting? So we could possibly disable it or configure it, but keep airplanes and helicopters as is.
For some reason the A.I commanders are playing a strategy game with unlimited artillery and no reload time, and that's their favourite go to option (I guess they love the smell of napal... I mean artillery fire to their morning coffee.).

It's like each unit that spawns has their own commander they call for firesupport. And I like to bump up the spawn settings a tiny bit, which makes this a little crazy.

... and the sanity part mentioned above, let's not talk about the constant sound from the artillery rain when bumping the setting up a step *laugh*.

Once again, thank you for a wonderful mod and thank you for keeping the mod updated for so many years! Keep up the good work!

Best Regards, Wolf

Edited by swewolf
Mistakes were made
  • Like 2

@tpw knowing you mainly play this in singleplayer have you toyed around with the option of being able to "join group" some of the randomly spawned skirmish units? I tried this using ACE's interact menu but I'm unable to make headway. I'm not sure if this is because the individual AI spawned are all privates and since there is no group leader or higher ranking member I'm unable to join or if there's something else I'm missing. Is the rank of the spawned AI editable? 

Thanks again for all the effort put into this mod!

Update: After some messing around it does work with skirmish you just need to find the group leader which at times especially during a skirmish can be a little difficult. The function worked well and the group didn't disappear I guess because of my proximity to them. The whole idea was to "join group" and then "become leader", use the group for whatever the task is and then "leave group". Actually very happy with the result!

Hi

your mos is incredible, thanks for do it :)

So i found an issue, i have a error message when tpw want delete heli, line 1311 error.

I have a question too, tpw spwan units for battle, is it possible to use specific units?

thanks

5 minutes ago, dalia said:

I have a question too, tpw spwan units for battle, is it possible to use specific units?

Do you mean specific faction or specific classes?

I think something is wrong, i want delete all vanilla arma units but i have again after this, i suppose it's the classname are not good.

20211106193419-1.jpg

It was long to test all but i find all :

so  :

WEST : (cup= CUP_B) (R3F=B_GEN) (SOG=VN_B)

all heli : heli : CUP_B_AH1_DL_BAF,CUP_B_AW159_RN_Blackcat,CUP_B_Merlin_HC3_Armed_GB,CUP_B_SA330_Puma_HC2_BAF,CUP_B_UH1D_armed_GER_KSK,CUP_B_AW159_GER,CUP_B_412_Military_Armed_AT_HIL,CUP_B_AW159_HIL,vn_b_air_ah1g_02_usmc,vn_b_air_ah1g_05_usmc,vn_b_air_ah1g_06_usmc,vn_b_air_uh1c_02_04,vn_b_air_uh1c_05_04,vn_b_air_uh1c_04_07,vn_b_air_oh6a_06,vn_b_air_uh1c_01_02,R3F_AH6_CE_ARMED,R3F_LYNX_MA_ARMED,CUP_B_AH64_DL_USA,CUP_B_AH6M_USA,RHS_AH64DGrey,RHS_MELB_AH6M,RHS_UH1Y_d

EAST : (spetnatz = O_R) (CUP=CUP_O) (SOG= VN_O,VN_I)

heli : vn_o_air_mi2_04_05,CUP_O_Ka60_Grey_RU,CUP_O_Ka50_DL_RU,CUP_O_Ka52_RU,CUP_O_Ka60_Grey_RU,CUP_O_Mi24_V_Dynamic_RU,CUP_O_MI6T_RU,CUP_O_Mi8AMT_RU,CUP_O_Mi8_RU,CUP_O_Mi24_D_Dynamic_SLA

IND : (I_C,I_L,I_E,I_CUPARMYASIA

heli : CUP_I_AH1Z_Dynamic_AAF,CUP_I_Wildcat_Digital_AAF,CUP_I_412_Military_Armed_AAF,I_Heli_Transport_02_F,CUP_I_Ka60_GL_Digi_AAF,CUP_I_Mi24_Mk3_AAF,CUP_I_Mi24_D_Dynamic_AAF,I_Heli_light_03_dynamicLoadout_F,vn_i_air_ch34_01_02,vn_i_air_uh1c_02_01,I_CUPARMYASIA_Mi_8MTV3_01,I_C_Heli_Light_01_civil_F,CUP_I_UH1H_armed_TK_GUE,CUP_I_Mi24_Mk4_UN,CUP_I_Mi17_VIV_UN,CUP_I_Mi17_UN

Hey, TPW. I'm making zombie mission and noticed the parked vehicles don't spawn in until after zombies in an area have been cleared. Could increasing from default park radius make parked cars spawn before zombies?
Also, an offroad spawned with park was loaded and driven for a bit, then the player left with engine off and an AI in passenger for several minutes. On return, the vehicle was unenterable and unexitable. 

• Like 1

I hastily created an account just to report this, and find a solution for this. 

I'm using latest CBA + TPW Mods, with all default settings, ambient sounds are working fine and stationary vehicles are spawning but there are no civilians or civilian crowds. literally zero. also this error keeps popping up 

(lisclass_eventClass) then

Lunit #laddEventHandler [_x, format ['call cba_x...' Error Foreign error: Unknown enum value: "GestureDone"

File x\cba addons\xeh\fnc_initEvents.sqf [CBA_fnc_initEvents]..., line 2061

can anyone help me? thanks 

9 hours ago, anonymousninja6969 said:

I hastily created an account just to report this, and find a solution for this. 

I'm using latest CBA + TPW Mods, with all default settings, ambient sounds are working fine and stationary vehicles are spawning but there are no civilians or civilian crowds. literally zero. also this error keeps popping up 

(lisclass_eventClass) then

Lunit #laddEventHandler [_x, format ['call cba_x...' Error Foreign error: Unknown enum value: "GestureDone"

File x\cba addons\xeh\fnc_initEvents.sqf [CBA_fnc_initEvents]..., line 2061

can anyone help me? thanks 

If you have installed the STEAM version, launch ARMA 3 with TPW mod, and goto a mission or into the editor 3den and create a temp mission on any terrain. Place a player down and start it in single player.

The once the game has started, press ESC, then goto configuration, game addons and edit the TPW parameters to enable civilians or crowds.

If there is a shootout or zombies, the civilians and crowds may have been set to not spawn during these events.

Restart the mission near buildings to test it. It depends on how many activities have been triggered.

• Like 1

Hi everyone. Sorry I’ve been off the tools for a few weeks not really playing much Arma and certainly not attending to the forum like I should. I’ll get back into it and will look into the issues raised.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Valken said:

If you have installed the STEAM version, launch ARMA 3 with TPW mod, and goto a mission or into the editor 3den and create a temp mission on any terrain. Place a player down and start it in single player.

The once the game has started, press ESC, then goto configuration, game addons and edit the TPW parameters to enable civilians or crowds.

If there is a shootout or zombies, the civilians and crowds may have been set to not spawn during these events.

Restart the mission near buildings to test it. It depends on how many activities have been triggered.

yes I have the steam version of arma 3, I'll try it.

TPW MODS 20211127: Steam Dropbox

Changes:

• [CORE 1.90, FOG 1.92, SOAP 1.67] Added Sefrou-Ramal, Bozoum, County Fermanagh support. Added appropriate female civs on African maps. Removed sporadic tree related errors.
  • [ANIMALS 1.65] Added ambient Camel support to Sefrou-Ramal.
  • [SKIRMISH 1.60] Skirmish squads will not spawn onto excessively steep terrain. Improved handling of "orphaned" units. Massively reduced incidence of skirmish units running around when not in combat. 

Hi everyone (anyone?). Thought I'd release the various things I've been working on over the last month or so of low Arma3 enthusiasm (lots of real life shit to keep me unmotivated). I've continued to work on SKIRMISH to get less antlike behaviour out of the infantry and I think it's looking ok. And of course the sublime Western Sahara cDLC has prompted me to add language and climate support, as well as the camels, which are hands down the most impressively animated and modelled animals I've yet seen in the game. Hopefully things will clear up and I'll be able to look a little deeper into the other issues and features requests that you've been providing.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hi, does it still work? I wanted a quick&dirty battlefield, failed with MCC, tried tpw_skirmish via script and your code line as mentioned in the script:

0 = [5,2,6,3,4,1,500,2000,1,1,1,[0,1,etc],[0,1,etc],[0,1,etc],30,["str1",etc],["str2",etc],["str3",etc],["str4,etc"],["str5",etc],["str6",etc],["cas_string",etc],["chs_string",etc],["uav_string",etc],["enemy_cas_string",etc],["enemy_chs_string",etc],["enemy_uav_string",etc],["resist_cas_string",etc],["resist_chs_string",etc],["resist_uav_string",etc],300] execvm "@tpw_mods\scripts\tpw_skirmish.sqf";

Some error in some line 1xxx, then no units spawned.

Some absence of ArmA. I am asking because it is possible that lots of good old stuff is broken...?

EDIT: Ugh, script files from 2019, I probably didn't update. I created symlinks to workshop folders a while ago but need to re-check.

On 11/27/2021 at 6:09 AM, tpw said:

TPW MODS 20211127: Steam Dropbox

Changes:

• [CORE 1.90, FOG 1.92, SOAP 1.67] Added Sefrou-Ramal, Bozoum, County Fermanagh support. Added appropriate female civs on African maps. Removed sporadic tree related errors.
  • [ANIMALS 1.65] Added ambient Camel support to Sefrou-Ramal.
  • [SKIRMISH 1.60] Skirmish squads will not spawn onto excessively steep terrain. Improved handling of "orphaned" units. Massively reduced incidence of skirmish units running around when not in combat. 

Many thanks to the author

Hello; first of all, thanks to the author, this mod makes ArmA3 much more lively and realistic. Can't play without it now!

I encountered an issue that's new to me: all crowd on Takistan map spawns with the Apex NVGs. This does not apply to cars crew. Anyone have an idea why this may happen?

Thank you in advance.

On 12/14/2021 at 7:48 AM, danidr said:

Hello; first of all, thanks to the author, this mod makes ArmA3 much more lively and realistic. Can't play without it now!

I encountered an issue that's new to me: all crowd on Takistan map spawns with the Apex NVGs. This does not apply to cars crew. Anyone have an idea why this may happen?

Thank you in advance.

Hmm, there’s code there to remove nvgs from the csat soldiers which are reclothed as civs. I’ll look into it further, thanks for the report.