tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

10 minutes ago, tpw said:

Hmmm, SKIRMISH has no problems spawning Prairiefire groups. This is what I use:

["vn_b_men_army","vn_b_men_army","vn_b_men_army","vn_b_men_army","vn_b_men_sog","vn_b_men_lrrp","vn_b_men_cidg"], // friendly custom strings "b_patrol","adf_*_d",
["vn_o_men_nva","vn_o_men_vc"], // enemy custom strings
["vn_i_men_army","vn_i_men_army","vn_i_men_army","vn_i_men_ranger","vn_i_men_sf"],	// resistance custom strings

What settings are you using mate?

Not your lists.  The cfg_groups lists in the configuration lists which I use to spawn units for my own scenarios.  It was evidence in my and was confirmed the DLC was never intended for single player.

Just now, badanov said:

Not your lists.  The cfg_groups lists in the configuration lists which I use to spawn units for my own scenarios.  It was evidence in my and was confirmed the DLC was never intended for single player.

Aaah. 

I have to admit that it's bad enough that BI have abandoned any semblance of interest in the AI and SP aspects of the game, but now the commercial modders are starting to as well. Sigh.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tpw said:

@osterizer8Thanks for the heads up. Diving into the code I can see that for CARS, the trucks/vans are a separate list that doesn't get filtered by the exclusion list. I've amended this and will release a fix soon. In the mean time, if you type

hint str tpw_car_carlist

what do you see?

Where should I put that? It doesn't appear to do anything in the debug console (though to be honest I've never used it before lol)

1 minute ago, tpw said:

Aaah. 

I have to admit that it's bad enough that BI have abandoned any semblance of interest in the AI and SP aspects of the game, but now the commercial modders are starting to as well. Sigh.

I have all the other CDLCs since Livonia, but this is the first time I have experienced this. Tat said I still am a customer for their CDLC they are planning.

I'm mot going to criticize it too much. It's a fine D:C, but I guess you gotta do things heir way

Just now, osterizer8 said:

Where should I put that? It doesn't appear to do anything in the debug console (though to be honest I've never used it before lol)

If you type that command into the debug shell once your mission is running and TPW MODS has fully initialised, then click "local exec" you should see the list of vehicles that TPW CARS  will choose from  

1 minute ago, badanov said:

I have all the other CDLCs since Livonia, but this is the first time I have experienced this. Tat said I still am a customer for their CDLC they are planning.

I'm mot going to criticize it too much. It's a fine D:C, but I guess you gotta do things heir way

I buy all CDLCs, mainly for the maps and assets! I don't actually play mission of any kind, too busy modding!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tpw said:

If you type that command into the debug shell once your mission is running and TPW MODS has fully initialised, then click "local exec" you should see the list of vehicles that TPW CARS  will choose from  

That's odd, that's what I was trying and it's not showing me anything at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, osterizer8 said:

That's odd, that's what I was trying and it's not showing me anything at all.

This is what I see:

8YITCjg.png

If you see nothing then it might be that your exclusion list has removed all vehicles. Don't know about the rogue truck though...

6 minutes ago, tpw said:

This is what I see:

[snipped for size]

If you see nothing then it might be that your exclusion list has removed all vehicles. Don't know about the rogue truck though...

I am an idiot. CARS was disabled. I tried again and got an actual list, which looks very much the same as yours:

NYqDqWl.jpg

1 minute ago, osterizer8 said:

I am an idiot. CARS was disabled. I tried again and got an actual list, which looks very much the same as yours:

NYqDqWl.jpg

Cool. That should give you an idea of what vehicles to put into the exclusion list then

1 minute ago, tpw said:

Cool. That should give you an idea of what vehicles to put into the exclusion list then

Yes it will! I didn't even know that command existed, so that'll definitely make it easier than trawling the community wiki for spare classnames lol

Thanks for the help and for the awesome mods, they're a dream to run dynamic missions with!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tpw said:

They cannot be revived if killed, and they don't move towards other fallen civs.

I don't mean having civilians directly become part of the fighting.  I thought that would be difficult.  However, if for each civilian killed your existing spawn system for the enemy in TPW were triggered instead of being based on time intervals, that could serve a similar purpose.  The number of civilians killed is being tracked in real-time, after all.  You can already fail a mission, have your own squad turn against you, and/or have a message of civilians killed popping up after you've killed a certain number of civilians.  Perhaps there's a way to have the existing enemy spawn system in TPW tweaked a little to have the option of being triggered by each civilian killed, even compounded.  First civilian killed is 1X your enemy spawn setting.  Second killed is 2X your spawn setting, etc.  So if you have in the TPW spawn setting set as 2 squad and 1 vehicle, then 4 squads and 2 vehicles the enemy gets for the second civilian you killed, for instance.  And add another option under that drop down selection that currently has fail and notice message a new additional option for civilian killed trigger that bypasses the time setting for it.  Maybe something like that is possible?  It would definitely provide an incentive not to kill civilians without the unbelievably of your squad turning against your or simply artificially failing the mission.  An incentive not to be indiscriminate with your shooting or use of explosives.

The possibility of also being in a house when a civilian inside it is killed by the enemy counting against you in the above option for basically using the civilian as a human shield is also an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how difficult that would be.  If that were possible, it'd be an incentive to get out of a house if the enemy is near and there are civilians inside it that you are putting at risk with your presence.

I will put Max Zombies back in my mod list.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, badanov said:

That said, increasing enemy squad numbers in response to civ deaths is not too problematic, I'll look into it.

Just read that part.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, Reticuli said:

I don't mean having civilians directly become part of the fighting.  I thought that would be difficult.  However, if for each civilian killed your existing spawn system for the enemy in TPW were triggered instead of being based on time intervals, that could serve a similar purpose.  The number of civilians killed is being tracked in real-time, after all.  You can already fail a mission, have your own squad turn against you, and/or have a message of civilians killed popping up after you've killed a certain number of civilians.  Perhaps there's a way to have the existing enemy spawn system in TPW tweaked a little to have the option of being triggered by each civilian killed, even compounded.  First civilian killed is 1X your enemy spawn setting.  Second killed is 2X your spawn setting, etc.  So if you have in the TPW spawn setting set as 2 squad and 1 vehicle, then 4 squads and 2 vehicles the enemy gets for the second civilian you killed, for instance.  And add another option under that drop down selection that currently has fail and notice message a new additional option for civilian killed trigger that bypasses the time setting for it.  Maybe something like that is possible?  It would definitely provide an incentive not to kill civilians without the unbelievably of your squad turning against your or simply artificially failing the mission.  An incentive not to be indiscriminate with your shooting or use of explosives.

The possibility of also being in a house when a civilian inside it is killed by the enemy counting against you in the above option for basically using the civilian as a human shield is also an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how difficult that would be.  If that were possible, it'd be an incentive to get out of a house if the enemy is near and there are civilians inside it that you are putting at risk with your presence.

So I've had a bit of a fiddle with the code and can definitely get the number of enemies increasing when you or your squad bumps off a civ or crowd civ. I'm not sure how to work around the engine thing where everyone tries to kill you after you've killed more than a few civs though.  

Anybody else having issues with the hud, I’ve been messing with it all day and it’s not working, was just fine last time I played 

Very good, when re-reading the old post.
It's been a while since I played Arma 3 again tonight.
Good luck buddy

• Like 2

23 hours ago, tpw said:

So I've had a bit of a fiddle with the code and can definitely get the number of enemies increasing when you or your squad bumps off a civ or crowd civ. I'm not sure how to work around the engine thing where everyone tries to kill you after you've killed more than a few civs though.  

Is that renegade designation when your squad mates come after you predicated on the "fail" selection or totally separate?

Also, your TPW HUD, where is the BPM info coming from?  Mine is like 60 usually even when I'm running.

On 9/25/2021 at 2:09 AM, tpw said:

Well if you dont care about end score and always being loved no matter what foul deeds you do you could

player addRating 2,000,000

should cover it

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Reticuli said:

Also, your TPW HUD, where is the BPM info coming from?  Mine is like 60 usually even when I'm running.

TPW BLEEDOUT

4 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Well if you dont care about end score and always being loved no matter what foul deeds you do you could

player addRating 2,000,000

should cover it

Perfect

44 minutes ago, tpw said:

TPW BLEEDOUT

I think that depends on how much your character is humping.

I actually have a script for nullifying the effects of shooting civs on a 1 per 1 basis. It was intended for missions where you blow up civilian faction vehicles which for some weird reason give you negative points.

addMissionEventHandler ["EntityKilled",
{
    private["_entity","_type","_side"];
    _entity = _this select 0;
    _killer = _this select 1;

if (_killer != (vehicle player)) exitWith { };

_type = typeOf _entity;
    _side = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _type >> "side");
    _isMan = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _type >> "isMan");

if (_side == 3 && _isMan == 0) then
    {
        player addRating 1000;
    };
}];

The script above is for vehicles, but just change the "_isMan == 0" to == 1 and it will specify humans only.

Carrying a lot.  I have TPW bleedout off, though, because I'm using PiR and Ace 3 for PiR.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reticuli said:

Carrying a lot.  I have TPW bleedout off, though, because I'm using PiR and Ace 3 for PiR.

The heart rate calculations are in bleedout. 

• Like 1

I'm letting PiR handle the bleedout, so that sounds like maybe the problem if your bleedout is where the bpm number comes from and I unchecked it.  I use PiR with the default bleedout minimum and then like maximum of 20 min bleedout for the worst conditions, then I have to turn off player instant kill, because it will automatically suicide me know matter more than 50% of the time if I get a catastrophic injury or go unconscious after being injured, anyway.  Very occasionally my character gets injured, knocked unconscious, not suicided by PiR, and after I change into another of my squadies someone heals him.  If  I try to heal my former character, usually he expires right as I walk up to him, which is bizarre.  Anyway, it's otherwise created a really great balance with a lot of other tweaks and without having to spend 99% of my time doing medic duties if I use Ace or MCC medical.  Even speeding up all the functions for Ace med just isn't enough.  Now people are getting dragged, healed by each other, etc, etc.  I did have to raise the distance people are tasked to heal and lower the heal time, crawl, and drag distance.  I think VCom is not allowed to mount/dismount or affect AI skill/accuracy, which I use the game's own at 1.0 and around 0.2 respectively.  There was one other AI mod I had on previously that I can't remember that would get the enemy dragging their wounded buddies into buildings, but I can't recall which one that was.  That was really interesting, but there were issues with mounting/dismounting and they were too easy to take out as they tended to each other sometimes.  Maybe it was bcombat? Should try just stacking the other AI mods in and see what happens for the heck of it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uxho_gwXW3QZwmLc7jmwX0rOY1HHsRU2/view?usp=sharing

By the way, any way to get the AI driving vehicles to try and run you over or get out and shoot you if their gunner isn't targeting you?  Or do you know of any mods that will do that?

• Like 1