tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Dear god, disable the comments...
We've all used and loved your work for years; half the ingrates who've commented already are just bitching there's no CBA/in-game config set up!
Saw that artwork and was about to report it as another dick stealing your work. Now to decide if I swap from dropbox links to steam for the few friends I still have playing A3...

1 hour ago, Capt Wiggin said:

I 'hate' editing your .hpp file for fear I'll screw the pooch.

Will I still need to 

"Disable the HUD feature by setting it to 0 (zero) inside the .hpp file."

To get rid of the orange and blue balls over AI units?

If worse comes to worst you can always just grab the default again. But seriously, if you use tpw-settings.exe you should have very little trouble. Do you want to keep the other hud features but disable the unit markers? Let me know and I’ll help you out.

By the way the Steam crowd made it pretty clear that an in game CBA settings menu for tpw mods is a desirable feature. I’ll see what I can come up with

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RabidStoat said:

Dear god, disable the comments...
We've all used and loved your work for years; half the ingrates who've commented already are just bitching there's no CBA/in-game config set up!
Saw that artwork and was about to report it as another dick stealing your work. Now to decide if I swap from dropbox links to steam for the few friends I still have playing A3...

Yes there’s a few obnoxious posts already. You can see why I hesitated to release there. The cba settings might be doable, but there’s literally dozens of parameters so I’m not sure how it’ll go.

I’m still planning on using this thread as my primary base of operations so no need to switch to steam if you don’t want to.

• Like 4

I have been using your mod for years and I really have no complaints about CBA or otherwise.

I had asked about the 'colored balls' a few months ago and disabling the Hud was the solution I was given. [cf. pg 213]
Yes, if there is a way to just disable the unit 'markers' that would be preferable.

Salute.

2 hours ago, Capt Wiggin said:

I have been using your mod for years and I really have no complaints about CBA or otherwise.

I had asked about the 'colored balls' a few months ago and disabling the Hud was the solution I was given. [cf. pg 213]
Yes, if there is a way to just disable the unit 'markers' that would be preferable.

Salute.

So the simplest way is just to press ctrl-alt-u to cycle through the unit highlighting options. There’s no config option to permanently disable unit highlighting sorry.

Hi champs. So I’ve actually made a massive amount of progress with a CBA in game settings approach for TPW MODS and hope to have a version up for testing within a few days if anyone wants to help out with that (obviously the risk of your computer exploding is very high). This has required a fair bit of work because the CBA approach doesn’t allow the user to enter arrays of strings or numbers, and many of mods require these inputs. Anyway, hopefully this will shut down a major avenue of complaint, but whingers  gonna whinge!

• Like 6

Would be happy to test as I'm working on the GM furnishing but my meeting calendar is getting filled fast this week.

• Like 1

Hi @tpw

I have a question, if

tpw_animal_max = 0;

this means that ambient animals are disabled, ie ambient animals of this mod or/and vanilla also?

14 hours ago, tpw said:

Hi champs. So I’ve actually made a massive amount of progress with a CBA in game settings approach for TPW MODS and hope to have a version up for testing within a few days if anyone wants to help out with that (obviously the risk of your computer exploding is very high). This has required a fair bit of work because the CBA approach doesn’t allow the user to enter arrays of strings or numbers, and many of mods require these inputs. Anyway, hopefully this will shut down a major avenue of complaint, but whingers  gonna whinge!

That's a terrible idea.

When do we start?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, vafana said:

Hi @tpw

I have a question, if

tpw_animal_max = 0;

this means that ambient animals are disabled, ie ambient animals of this mod or/and vanilla also?

No, it just means that there won’t be any animals spawned by TPW ANIMALS. The animals spawned by the ambient part of the terrain’s config will still spawn. 

• Thanks 1

I've posted pretty much this exact same suggestion on the workshop (as Steam user "Fox Mulder") but I figured that I would post it here as well for good measure.

Please create an official TPW Steam Collection (linked from the workshop page) with all of the mods that are supported or suggested to be used with the mod. I understand that anyone could create such a collection but if said collection was actually created by TPW and  linked from the Steam page, it would be seen by more TPW subscribers and make it easier for users of the mod to make use of the supported mods to get the full benefits that TPW allows. BTW, thanks for all of the hard work on TPW Mods over the years.

• Like 1

I use this together with some of Drongo's mission making stuff and it's epic. Great for single or multiplayer.

• Like 1

TPW MODS CBA SETTINGS TEST VERSION https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjbv85k26w63v3p/TPW_TEST.pbo

So if anyone is interested in helping me out testing and bug fixing, I've come up a with a preliminary version of TPW MODS that entirely uses CBA in game settings instead of the userconfig/tpw_mods/tpw_mods.hpp . This was big @#$%ing job, several thousand lines worth of code, but it all seems to work. I'd be grateful if a few of you could put it through its paces before I release to the screaming hordes on Steam. I swear if one of them whinges about it I'll go round to their house and pat their cat's fur the wrong way.

Usage:

1. rename @TPW_MODS\addons\tpw_mods.pbo to @TPW_MODS\addons\tpw_mods.bak
  2. copy the downloaded PBO  to @TPW_MODS\addons\tpw_test.pbo
  3. once you've got a map or mission running, hit the esc key in game --> options --> addon options to get to the CBA menu
  4. select TPW MODS from the pulldown and gasp in amazement at the millions of options. 

A couple of things to remember:

• Only the "server" tab allows you to change anything
  • Settings won't take effect until you reload the mission
  • You can't access settings from the editor, only in game
  • Don't use single or double quotes (" or ')in any of the fields
  • You can always load a default value if things get out of hand
  • You might have to refer to the tpw_mods.hpp for exact explanations of each option, I haven't had time to update the docs
  • Please leave the \Arma3\userconfig\tpw_mods\tpw_mods.hpp file where it is for the time being, the tpw_animspeed.pbo still needs it. I'll work out a way around this next.

Thanks in advance guys

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, tpw said:

I swear if one of them whinges about it I'll go round to their house and pat their cat's fur the wrong way.

I like this idea better 😉

• Like 1

Seems to work as well as the original configuration. At the start tpw_air throws some errors, but it doesn't not work. Everything so far does. I have yet to put it through it paces, though so something may crop up later.

Recall, I use a lot of mods in my scenarios (54) and a lot of triggers and data variables in my scenarios, so TPW already has survived my scenarios. I have no  reason to think this new configuration won't.

Well done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badanov said:

Seems to work as well as the original configuration. At the start tpw_air throws some errors, but it doesn't not work. Everything so far does. I have yet to put it through it paces, though so something may crop up later.

Recall, I use a lot of mods in my scenarios (54) and a lot of triggers and data variables in my scenarios, so TPW already has survived my scenarios. I have no  reason to think this new configuration won't.

Well done.

Cheers mate, I appreciate you taking the time. I can't reproduce any AIR errors, though. I think I'll update the docs and release shortly. 

16 minutes ago, tpw said:

Cheers mate, I appreciate you taking the time. I can't reproduce any AIR errors, though. I think I'll update the docs and release shortly. 

Chances are better than good, the errors are from some other mod. They are minor and do not effect the mods.

Separately, on some spec ops/black ops scenarios I use a civilian vehicle for transport (CUP Land Rover). Can it be repaired under the repair mod?

Just now, badanov said:

Chances are better than good, the errors are from some other mod. They are minor and do not effect the mods.

Separately, on some spec ops/black ops scenarios I use a civilian vehicle for transport (CUP Land Rover). Can it be repaired under the repair mod?

Any vehicle, builtin or mod, should be repairable.

TPW MODS 20210901: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h66z72l3ka3w8jf/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes: 

[HPP NO LONGER REQUIRED]
TPW MODS now uses the CBA in-game settings menu for all its configuration

Hi folks. This is your chance to download and play with the latest greatest TPW MODS which has deprecated the HPP configuration and now uses the CBA settings menu in game. Because people on this forum actually bloody read, I'm confident that you'll be fine with the following:

• You will need to restart your mission for any changes to take effect. Your changes will apply across all maps and missions.
  • You must not use single or double quotes (' or ") in ANY of the settings
  • TPW MODS automatically handles conversion of comma separated values into arrays, so do not enclose anything with [,( or {
  • You can only change settings in the "server" tab of CBA settings.
  • You can save and load configurations e.g specific to certain maps or scenarios to save manually changing them
  • You can at any time revert each setting to its default

wgiOYZs.jpg

I haven't front paged this yet nor put a link to Steam. I'll do both of those things within the next few hours unless I encounter something catastrophic!

EDIT: On steam now. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Hi TPW,

I'm fairly new to your mod. I only have a potato to play Arma on so no MP for me. Just wanted to thank you for your work on this incredible thing. I actually discovered your work because of an unauthorised upload to the workshop. That led me to this thread and the joys of your work.Hilarious that I found this about a month ago and now it's on Steam legitimately 😄

I will continue to install from this thread.

Nice work on the port to CBA, works great. Although I was just starting to play with the settings in the hpp. I'll keep a copy for reference purposes.

One other thing, the install.bat for the new release  must still look for the hpp and ends with an error about not being able to find tpw_settings.py when it tries to update user configs. Everything seems to be fine, but it's a little disconcerting, as it doesn't make it to the part where it deletes the install files. Stops and says there are "files missing from the TPW_MODS folder you downloaded". I downloaded from your link above.

Anyways, thought you'd like to know. As I say, it works  fine. Thanks again for this amazing creation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maqim said:

Hi TPW,

I'm fairly new to your mod. I only have a potato to play Arma on so no MP for me. Just wanted to thank you for your work on this incredible thing. I actually discovered your work because of an unauthorised upload to the workshop. That led me to this thread and the joys of your work.Hilarious that I found this about a month ago and now it's on Steam legitimately 😄

I will continue to install from this thread.

Nice work on the port to CBA, works great. Although I was just starting to play with the settings in the hpp. I'll keep a copy for reference purposes.

One other thing, the install.bat for the new release  must still look for the hpp and ends with an error about not being able to find tpw_settings.py when it tries to update user configs. Everything seems to be fine, but it's a little disconcerting, as it doesn't make it to the part where it deletes the install files. Stops and says there are "files missing from the TPW_MODS folder you downloaded". I downloaded from your link above.

Anyways, thought you'd like to know. As I say, it works  fine. Thanks again for this amazing creation.

Haha in all the excitement to get the cba settings version out I completely overlooked the installer script. Well spotted, and thanks for coming here to tell me about it. I’ll get onto it shortly. 

3 minutes ago, tpw said:

Haha in all the excitement to get the cba settings version out I completely overlooked the installer script. Well spotted, and thanks for coming here to tell me about it. I’ll get onto it shortly. 

No worries. I figured it was just an oversight amidst the chaos. My main concern was the likely comments on the workshop : The mod installs fine, but because the script throws the missing files error ... I shudder to think 😮

Anyways, nice to know something this awesome comes out of Vegas!!! Seriously mind-blown here, mate 🤯

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, maqim said:

No worries. I figured it was just an oversight amidst the chaos. My main concern was the likely comments on the workshop : The mod installs fine, but because the script throws the missing files error ... I shudder to think 😮

Anyways, nice to know something this awesome comes out of Vegas!!! Seriously mind-blown here, mate 🤯

I've updated the installer in the download, so all good there. Test it out if you like.

It makes no difference to the Steam version, which is just installed into !Workshop by Steam, no need for any installer.

BNE represent yo

• Haha 1

I take it those of us who have had the hpp perma-tabbed in Notepad++ will need to start from scratch recreating our settings in cba, there's no cross-compatibility?