tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

On 8/15/2021 at 5:10 PM, Valken said:

Hi TPW, since this mod requires dependencies, would you consider to upload it to steam workshop or allow another member to do it on your behalf? 

Workshop automatically links the requirements to ensure noobs have all the right requirements when using mods.

I love the new ABSTACT! I'm working a Ravage Survival mission, or planning it, and it is perfect for a more modern Chernarus style PMC or raider factions! 

That ACMU is AMAZING! Top shelf up there with VSM and MLO mods!

Stated pretty plainly on the very first post this isn't going up on Steam ... and as CBA is the only dependancy your noobs can grab that from there anyway.

1 hour ago, trevorjohns@yahoo.com said:

Stated pretty plainly on the very first post this isn't going up on Steam ... and as CBA is the only dependancy your noobs can grab that from there anyway.

I’m pretty sure Valken is referring to TPW UNIFORMS, which is a completely independent mod from TPW MODS and does have 2 dependencies if you want the full range of content.

I’m still in two minds about putting or allowing someone else (eg Valken) to put UNIFORMS up on steam.  As much as I wouldn’t mind the mod getting a bit more exposure, I find the steam forums a cesspit of rude overentitled demanding arseholeism. I’d probably lose my cool pretty quickly.

By the way, thanks @Valkenfor the very kind words

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, tpw said:

As much as I wouldn’t mind the mod getting a bit more exposure, I find the steam forums a cesspit of rude overentitled demanding arseholeism. I’d probably lose my cool pretty quickly.

When you upload content there's an option to disable comments, it helps with the "arseholeism"  :icon_biggrin:

For what it's worth I think TPW UNIFORMS deserve a wider audience and would be well received.    

• Like 5

When you upload content there's an option to disable comments, it helps with the "arseholeism" 

...yup totally agree.

...@TPW, you could just put something like , discuss this mod here

• Like 2

TPW UNIFORMS: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2581537651

Ok so I've caved in and put TPW Uniforms up on Steam. I'm using this as a test case to gauge the level of obnoxiousness I can deal with! If all is OK, I might even put TPW MODS itself up there.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, tpw said:

TPW UNIFORMS: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2581537651

Ok so I've caved in and put TPW Uniforms up on Steam. I'm using this as a test case to gauge the level of obnoxiousness I can deal with! If all is OK, I might even put TPW MODS itself up there.  

Mate, your mods. You have my support either way you decide to provide, I am just grateful for the work and time you put into these

• Like 4

@ TPW I was playing around with Ravage (yeh, I am cross posting, but I cannot get enough of it even though I own DayZ SA), and tried tpw mod's furniture function for Weferlingan but nothing spawned for those custom houses.

CUP, Tanoa, Livonia all worked as usual... I do not have CSLA cDLC yet so have not tested.

Should we, meaning me, start to work on GM building compositions for TPW mod?

I believe we will stick with basic built in game assets + cDLC or do we want to consider that users will be willing to download the matching "compatibility" data sets for cosmetic objects? I was also thinking about another user's post about accessing cDLC/DLC buildings without owning the actual DLCs. 

Another idea would be to offer a random set of very smallish compositions (similar to parked cars) but scripted to detect and to fill in blank, barren or open areas of the terrain such as camper's bases, old abandoned houses or overgrowth towns, or refugee camps, homeless encampments, outdoor rave, Burning Man event, etc... to liven up some of the bigger terrains... Just for cosmetics... then add civilians or parked cars or zombies or whatever to suit the composition needs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Valken said:

@ TPW I was playing around with Ravage (yeh, I am cross posting, but I cannot get enough of it even though I own DayZ SA), and tried tpw mod's furniture function for Weferlingan but nothing spawned for those custom houses.

CUP, Tanoa, Livonia all worked as usual... I do not have CSLA cDLC yet so have not tested.

Should we, meaning me, start to work on GM building compositions for TPW mod?

I believe we will stick with basic built in game assets + cDLC or do we want to consider that users will be willing to download the matching "compatibility" data sets for cosmetic objects? I was also thinking about another user's post about accessing cDLC/DLC buildings without owning the actual DLCs. 

Another idea would be to offer a random set of very smallish compositions (similar to parked cars) but scripted to detect and to fill in blank, barren or open areas of the terrain such as camper's bases, old abandoned houses or overgrowth towns, or refugee camps, homeless encampments, outdoor rave, Burning Man event, etc... to liven up some of the bigger terrains... Just for cosmetics... then add civilians or parked cars or zombies or whatever to suit the composition needs.

Funny you should bring this up mate. I've actually been playing on Weferlingen a lot as I think it's tip top and really I should have got around to furnishing it earlier. I've recently been thinking about doing the furnishing templates for the GM buildings but there are quite a lot of them..so...if you want to have a crack at it using default or mod furniture assets then be my guest.

I like the idea of other compositions too. Again, feel free to concoct them and let me worry about the algorithm to spawn them.

Thanks for your support of my mods Valken. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tpw said:

Funny you should bring this up mate. I've actually been playing on Weferlingen a lot as I think it's tip top and really I should have got around to furnishing it earlier. I've recently been thinking about doing the furnishing templates for the GM buildings but there are quite a lot of them..so...if you want to have a crack at it using default or mod furniture assets then be my guest.

I like the idea of other compositions too. Again, feel free to concoct them and let me worry about the algorithm to spawn them.

Thanks for your support of my mods Valken. 

I have one important meeting and a few proposals to crack out tomorrow but I'm on it! I have a few cool (well, maybe not) ideas and will show you and everyone once I have it setup within this week. 

• Like 1

So I’m currently tidying things up and rewriting documentation ahead of releasing TPW MODS on Steam. The one thing that has me worried is the need to have the tpw_mods.hpp in the user’s /userconfig directory. Does anyone with experience know if Steam stuff can be packaged so that it can install files outside of the !workshop directory?

@ tpw Steam Workshop CANNOT download into or install outside of the mod folder directory.

I have never seen it anyways.

Perhaps you can LOOK into porting the *.HPP file into CBA settings? This way it can be SET inside a profile but it is a pain to ALT TAB between a text file and ARMA 3 to copy and paste in settings, such as skirmish.

Or just use a HUGE font for the text on how to manually copy the *.HPP file into the userconfig folder.

Thanks mate. I’m just trying to head off the potential avalanche of bitching when people don’t read the instructions and then blame me when it doesn’t work out of the box

• Like 1

^^^^ All you can do is provide the instructions mate ( not like they are difficult to follow ), also there are others that provide a userconfig that needs to be installed manually so not like its new. Also, I learnt that you can block feedback on your SteamMod so perhaps do that if you need to?

Thanks again for the mods, love em

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tpw said:

Thanks mate. I’m just trying to head off the potential avalanche of bitching when people don’t read the instructions and then blame me when it doesn’t work out of the box

Gotta be honest man - people on Steam will love your mod but i would expect a barrage of "WTF... wheres th MF'ing HPPA F'n File?!"

• Like 1

Is it possible you'll still provide it as you have been doing in addition to Steam?

ACE and CBA are in the same boat. They don't even talk about userconfig on the Steam page, but after some clicking there are instructions for ACE on userconfig buried on this page https://ace3mod.com/wiki/user/installation-guide.html

My point is that as long as you put up the install instructions, it's fine. Not your fault if people don't read the description.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, badanov said:

Is it possible you'll still provide it as you have been doing in addition to Steam?

Absolutely. 

• Like 3

TPW MODS 20210828: 

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h66z72l3ka3w8jf/TPW_MODS.zip

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2586787720

gYI7yY3.jpg

Changes:

• [FIRST RELEASE ON STEAM]
  • [HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]
  • [CORE 1.88, FOG 1.89, SOAP 1.65]  Added America Latina and Mandol support.
  • [EBS, LOS, STREETLIGHTS] Removed these mods which have been deprecated for many years.

OK so I've taken the plunge and after 8 years of resistance have finally officially uploaded TPW MODS to Steam, to join a few unofficial uploads! I'd be very grateful if a few of you could check out the Steam version and make sure that it downloads and installs OK on a few systems other than mine. I will continue to use this forum for the main TPW MODS discussion, and will continue to release via Dropbox for those who prefer to get it that way. Thanks again to everyone for their support and encouragement.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Awesome new release!

I will test it off steam and see how it goes, but I have other issues with the launcher not showing workshop mods.

Comment: In the dropbox link, change the 0 at the end to a 1. It will immediately allow users to download instead of trying to navigate all those confirmations from dropbox.

1 hour ago, Valken said:

Comment: In the dropbox link, change the 0 at the end to a 1. It will immediately allow users to download instead of trying to navigate all those confirmations from dropbox.

Thanks for the heads up mate, I never knew about this! I like to learn one new factoid per day, this is today's.

1 hour ago, froggyluv said:

Seems to work okay but getting a JSRS dependency error on loadup

Yeah you must have grabbed it very early while I inadvertently uploaded with with TPW_MUFFLER.pbo (which requires JSRS) in the main addons rather than the addons_optional directory. I reuploaded it with things in the right place. If it's still there, just delete TPW_MUFFLER from the addons in your install and you'll be good. 

PS Thanks for the kind first post on the steam thread!

• Like 1

Oh the irony of that promotional image. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EO said:

Oh the irony of that promotional image. :icon_biggrin:

Yeah I really pulled out all the stops artistically.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I 'hate' editing your .hpp file for fear I'll screw the pooch.

Will I still need to 

"Disable the HUD feature by setting it to 0 (zero) inside the .hpp file."

To get rid of the orange and blue balls over AI units?