tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

6 hours ago, tpw said:

Leave it empty if you just want to spawn the default heli. Remember that aircraft will only be spawned if you have 

tpw_skirmish_resist_support = 1; // AAF units can call support

Thanks bro, I tried the battle and it works great. This feature I prefer to use infantry because there is less loud explosion. Because I like using speakers. 🤗

Why your file download links no longer work, I am confused. ☹️

TPW, As it has been announced today that the Armaholic site has closed, you may want to remove the Armaholic link from the first post.

• Sad 3

30 minutes ago, alky_lee said:

TPW, As it has been announced today that the Armaholic site has closed, you may want to remove the Armaholic link from the first post.

I found an article that looks like 2017 was also hacked

Thanks for the link heads up guys. I've updated the link in the first post and removed the armaholic link. Shame to see it go, before Steam it was the place.

• Like 4

@TPW - Any way you can upload the latest version to Steam and/or another file hosting site (mediafire, etc)? The Moddb one is quite outdated it seems and, for whatever reason, I am not able to access Dropbox on my computer. Have tried opening Dropbox links with Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc and it can never be displayed. There is a couple unofficial workshop uploads of your mod but they are at least a year out of date. Thanks for any help!

2 hours ago, tpw said:

Thanks for the link heads up guys. I've updated the link in the first post and removed the armaholic link. Shame to see it go, before Steam it was the place.

You can still access the forum here  information only,  no interaction

Why is there such a good person who made a mod like this, it's amazing this is the top, I don't know if this guy was a soldier or not 😉

@tpwHey mate, just curious if you're working on implementing any new features or expanding the current mod at all? I've said it countless times, I'd have stopped playing Arma long ago if it wasn't for gems like this one! Thoroughly enjoying this with prairie fire.

4 hours ago, Cochise333 said:

@tpwHey mate, just curious if you're working on implementing any new features or expanding the current mod at all? I've said it countless times, I'd have stopped playing Arma long ago if it wasn't for gems like this one! Thoroughly enjoying this with prairie fire.

I've got a few things up my sleeve regarding getting some kind of ambient mission system going as per an earlier suggestion.

I've also been working on texturing up my own Australian Defence Force stuff in AMCU and Multicam. Trying to get a less saturated and more worn and dusty look to the uniforms and gear. It's coming along nicely 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, tpw said:

Trying to get a less saturated and more worn and dusty look to the uniforms and gear. It's coming along nicely 

Those look really good man, I much prefer the "worn" look as apposed to uniforms that look like they just came from the dry cleaners.

• Like 3

* TPW DUCK replaces TPW EBS, which has been deprecated due to native engine implementation of suppression. 

** Deprecated due to improvements in native AI reaction.

Hi author,

Will I get errors if I enable these features?
do you mean to disable "TPW EBS and TPW LOS" ? 

4 hours ago, EO said:

Those look really good man, I much prefer the "worn" look as apposed to uniforms that look like they just came from the dry cleaners.

It’s actually hard to do properly because the colours/saturation when you’re editing the .paa files don’t really tell you how they’ll look in game. Lots of repacking and reloading! As I’m sure you’re aware with all your units!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ducphuli said:

Hi author,

Will I get errors if I enable these features?
do you mean to disable "TPW EBS and TPW LOS" ? 

They are disabled because they are not necessary now. If you feel a strong need to re-enable them please feel free, but you won’t see any benefits, and maybe some errors.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tpw said:

They are disabled because they are not necessary now. If you feel a strong need to re-enable them please feel free, but you won’t see any benefits, and maybe some errors.

Ok, thanks author

10 hours ago, ducphuli said:

Ok, thanks author

Just call me tpw!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@tpw Can you upload to a different website, please? I cannot access dropbox for the latest version.

2 hours ago, tyrantkyng said:

@tpw Can you upload to a different website, please? I cannot access dropbox for the latest version.

download Dropbox link top 

Hi TPW

Im changing scream volume from SOAP in the user config to 0.Its not disabling (or lowering i think the volume) of screams.

Also if i recall in past version wasnt there an option to disable sirens?Im creating a Takistan scenario,most AO's are small villages and the sirens arent making sense in these areas,is there a way to disable?

Also looking forward to whatever ambient mission ideas you have in the future

TPW just dropping by! going off our last bit of chatter, thanks so much for taking the time once again to update this! 

Hi TPW! Just asking if I can take the audio files of the radio chatter you've got in your mod and splice them into my own audio file for a mission I'm making. It's a trigger thing that'll play a looping radio sound in a couple of specific areas to make them feel more real.

9 hours ago, ContheJon said:

Hi TPW! Just asking if I can take the audio files of the radio chatter you've got in your mod and splice them into my own audio file for a mission I'm making. It's a trigger thing that'll play a looping radio sound in a couple of specific areas to make them feel more real.

No probs mate. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, redarmy said:

Hi TPW

Im changing scream volume from SOAP in the user config to 0.Its not disabling (or lowering i think the volume) of screams.

Also if i recall in past version wasnt there an option to disable sirens?Im creating a Takistan scenario,most AO's are small villages and the sirens arent making sense in these areas,is there a way to disable?

Also looking forward to whatever ambient mission ideas you have in the future

Well done mate, you found a bug for me. The scream setting wasn't being applied. Additionally, I have added a new parameter for the siren volume so you can set that to 0 if you wish. These will be in the next update soonish. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TPW ADF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4m2cui1kkojsoq7/TPW_ADF.zip

Hi people. As discussed a little earlier I've been working on texturing up some ADF uniforms and gear and they're at a stage where I thought I might upload them so you can try them out. A couple of things to note:

1. Arma3 simply doesn't have uniforms that convey the upper body bulk and general lower body looseness of modern ADF combat gear. No amount of texturing is going to make uniforms look much like those of contemporary ADF. So these are basically just meant to fit in with the near future Armaverse vibe. I have textured the blufor combat uniform in short and long sleeve variants, and a range of backpacks, vest and helmets. 
  2. There are newer looking and faded variants of AMCU and Multicam. There are also Multicam top/ AMCU bottom and Multicam bottom / AMCU top variants.
  3. I used the Arma3 templates available here: , and sourced my own AMCU and Multicam textures. I've spent an enormous amount of time getting them to blend in with the general Arma3 aesthetic, not looking brand new and oversaturated. I can't tell you how much google images time I spent trying to get an idea of appropriate colour, saturation etc.
  4. I have absolutely no intention of texturing anything other than a few uniforms and gear. Unless someone can recommend a uniform template that matches the bulk/looseness requirements I whinged about above! 
  5. I don't know how to implement wounded textures onto uniforms. If someone can help in that department I'd be grateful.

Ok, those points out of the way, you can find the units under BLUFOR/NATO/man - combat fatigues (AMCU NEW TPW) etc. They can be dressed up in the loadout editor, or you can easily run one of the four included scripts to randomise the loadout. Just pass the name of the unit to the script and you're golden.

[_this] execvm "tpw_uniform_amcu_faded.sqf" in the init line of a unit will replace the unit's uniform, pack, hat and vest, whilst keeping everything else the same.

{[-x] execvm "tpw_uniform_amcu_faded.sqf"} foreach (units group player) in the debug console will randomly dress you and your squad

{[-x] execvm "tpw_uniform_amcu_faded.sqf"} foreach allunits in the debug console will randomly dress every bastard on the map

Eventually I'll create a range of editor units with various gear setups, but these will tide you over. The scripts will tell you all the classnames in case you want to use them directly. 

Cheers guys.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, tpw said:
  1. I don''t know how to implement wounded textures onto uniforms. If someone can help in that department I'd be grateful.

Adding class Wounds to your configs should work...

Spoiler

class CfgVehicles
{
	class B_Soldier_base_F;
	class TPW_BCombatUniform_AMCUFADEDTPW_S: B_Soldier_base_F
	{
		scope=2;
		modelSides[]={3,2,1,0};
		displayName="Man - Combat Fatigues B (AMCU FADED TPW)";
		author="TPW";
		nakedUniform="U_BasicBody";
		uniformClass="TPW_BCombatUniform_AMCUFADEDTPW";