tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

3 hours ago, ducphuli said:

I only play single player and create "zeus scenarios" to my liking, I use a lot of Mods but no errors occur at all. That's great, best wishes. 😍

One thing i want to point out with pre existing placed units on map when using zeus:

Im personally using zeus enhanced so it may be that mod,or vanilla zeus...But when ever i order pre placed vehicles to move with zeus,its often unreliable.Im not sure why.Just a heads up if you ever find odd AI behaviour,to keep in mind.

2 hours ago, redarmy said:

One thing i want to point out with pre existing placed units on map when using zeus:

Im personally using zeus enhanced so it may be that mod,or vanilla zeus...But when ever i order pre placed vehicles to move with zeus,its often unreliable.Im not sure why.Just a heads up if you ever find odd AI behaviour,to keep in mind.

Do you mean that the vehicle is not on the set route?

Thanks guys, I was able to run TPW with a mission generatd by DRO and it worked fine. The environment felt much more alive and realistic.

Does TPW makes enemy AI smarter?

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 5:42 AM, Irish93 said:

Hey guys, Mr TPW love your mod! I have a quick question for you or anyone who would like to assist me, how do you add custom boats to spawn i want to use the new Vietnam DLC they have some really nice boat models but it throws up errors when I try to replace boat classnames in the boat script?? 

Spawning in the new Vietnam DLC is a hot mess at the moment. When I submitted a bug report over the spawning problems, the developer suggested I change something in one of the pbos! My spawning routines are spread across about 15 to 20 scenarios, personally, one I use to play, myself. I'm not about to change anything to affect all 15 other scenarios.

I'll wait for the bug fix. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, badanov said:

Spawning in the new Vietnam DLC is a hot mess at the moment. When I submitted a bug report over the spawning problems, the developer suggested I change something in one of the pbos! My spawning routines are spread across about 15 to 20 scenarios, personally, one I use to play, myself. I'm not about to change anything to affect all 15 other scenarios.

I'll wait for the bug fix. 

I haven't tried the assisted spawn function yet, I'm new to RHS mods, but don't know the class name to call them, one day I will try this coolest feature.
I'm playing a temporary scenario according to Zeus. ☺️

• Like 1

MR TPW appreciate the reply! for now I've taken the liberty to edit the PBO folder and spawn in unsung boats for now thank you! 

On 5/14/2021 at 8:10 AM, ducphuli said:

I haven't tried the assisted spawn function yet

I've never even heard of assisted spawn functions. My use of spawning code is BI's, and I get the class names from the config viewer. It's why  said the DLC is a hot mess, because if I can't use the data presented in the config viewer, what good is it?

Edited by badanov
Left out an acronym

1 hour ago, badanov said:

I've never even heard of assisted spawn functions. My use of spawning code is BI's, and I get the class names from the config viewer. It's why  said the DLC is a hot mess, because if I can't use the data presented in the config viewer, what good is it?

Sorry bro, I meant to try the spawn function for the RHS mod, so I can make a fight without using a lot of "Advanced Zeus"

• Like 1

Hoping someone here can assist ....

With TPW-MODS activated ARMA3 always totally freezes for about 2-3 minutes once the game loads and you are at the main menu. If I disable the mod this doesn't happen. I'm using ARMA 3 ver. 2.04.147540

Thanks

@Echoes12

Have you installed it correctly? 

there are two "userconfig" folders one should be in your TPW mods folder and the other in your directory, if there isn't one in your game directory copy and paste the userconfig folder from that TPW mod folder to your main arma 3 directory see if that stops it from freezing up! . 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Echoes12 said:

Hoping someone here can assist ....

With TPW-MODS activated ARMA3 always totally freezes for about 2-3 minutes once the game loads and you are at the main menu. If I disable the mod this doesn't happen. I'm using ARMA 3 ver. 2.04.147540

Thanks

Have you tried running the quick installation script that comes with the downloaded mod?

3 hours ago, Irish93 said:

@Echoes12

Have you installed it correctly? 

there are two "userconfig" folders one should be in your TPW mods folder and the other in your directory, if there isn't one in your game directory copy and paste the userconfig folder from that TPW mod folder to your main arma 3 directory see if that stops it from freezing up! . 

SOG freezes up with me, too. Waiting for an update.

Hi guys. 

I think the freezes are due to TPW CORE having to work so much harder because SOG introduced an enormous amount of new and duplicated building classes which have to be scanned. I have fixed the issue for the script version of TPW MODS and am working on a version that will keep the addon version happy too. Sorry about that.  

• Like 2

TPW MODS 20210517: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h66z72l3ka3w8jf/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

• [INIT] Changed TPW MODS initialisation routines to prevent sporadic lockups when using CamLaoNam.  

OK, anyone who's having trouble with the game locking up with SOG, please try this version. It works for me, but that obviously doesn't mean a @#$%ing thing. If I can get some verification that it's working for others I'll update the first page accordingly. Thanks guys

• Like 3

I tried to install this new version however when I run the install.bat I get the following:

ERROR: INSTALLATION FAILED
EITHER ARMA III IS NOT INSTALLED, OR IT WAS NOT STARTED AT LEAST ONCE

Press any key to continue . . .

I finally got the new version installed and it still pauses at the main menu, not for as long this time but it's still noticeable.

Edited by Echoes12
Update

7 hours ago, tpw said:

If I can get some verification that it's working for others I'll update the first page accordingly. Thanks guys

New version is good on my end, however I wasn't having any issues with the last version+SOG, so go figure. :scratchchin:

While I'm here, if you want to add support for the water buffalo that was added to the recent Ambient Animals mod for Cam Lao Nam the class name for the big hairy fellow is jn_buffel_base :rthumb:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EO said:

New version is good on my end, however I wasn't having any issues with the last version+SOG, so go figure. :scratchchin:

While I'm here, if you want to add support for the water buffalo that was added to the recent Ambient Animals mod for Cam Lao Nam the class name for the big hairy fellow is jn_buffel_base :rthumb:

Hi bro, can you add some leeches? 😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, EO said:

Mate I downloaded your latest ambient animals release within 6 femtoseconds of it hitting steam - a masterpiece.  I’m just working on the appropriate logic for the buffalo spawning and it’ll be in the next release for sure.  Thanks so much for continuing to push the envelope.

PS Any chance of getting a regular cow model one day?

• Like 7

TPW MODS 20210520: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h66z72l3ka3w8jf/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

• [INIT] Changed TPW MODS initialisation routines to prevent sporadic lockups when using Cam Lao Nam. 
  • [CORE 1.84, ANIMALS 1.63, FIREFLIES 1.11, SOAP 1.61] Optimised tree scanning code. Water buffaloes spawned on Cam Lao Nam, Prei Kmaoch Luong and Song Binh Tanh if using EO's Ambient Animals for Cam Lao Nam mod.
  • [BLEEDOUT 1.40] Improved injury sounds for writhing units.
  • [BOATS 1.42] SOG DLC Sampans spawned on Cam Lao Nam, Prei Kmaoch Luong and Song Binh Tanh. 

Hi everyone. Back with a few optimisations and additions as detailed above. One thing I didn't mention is that some sneaky code making suppressed units yell with SOG voices made it into last release. No one bitched about it, but I've pulled it anyway as it's not ready for prime time.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Can you tell me the details of this function? "TPW_LIVONIA"

7 minutes ago, ducphuli said:

Can you tell me the details of this function? "TPW_LIVONIA"

This is just a small config patch for the Livonia map which removes the (in my ears) very loud and distracting ambient silence on this map. Feel free to remove TPW_LIVONIA.pbo if you want.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tpw said:

This is just a small config patch for the Livonia map which removes the (in my ears) very loud and distracting ambient silence on this map. Feel free to remove TPW_LIVONIA.pbo if you want.

Ok thanks for the explanation, because my translation in your file is not literal in my language.

Thank you! update url downloada error 🤩

Hello bro, I have some questions? 🙂

1. If I leave it blank, will it automatically be applied from the AAF? I want to not apply the plane, what to do?

Spoiler

tpw_skirmish_resist_casstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom resistance CAS aircraft (comma separated). Empty = AAF default CAS
tpw_skirmish_resist_chsstring[] = {"rhsgref_mi24g_CAS"}; // Classname/s of custom resistance support heli (comma separated). Empty = AAF default CHS
tpw_skirmish_resist_uavstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom resistance UAV (comma separated). Empty = AAF default UAV

21 hours ago, ducphuli said:

Hello bro, I have some questions? 🙂

1. If I leave it blank, will it automatically be applied from the AAF? I want to not apply the plane, what to do?

Hide contents

tpw_skirmish_resist_casstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom resistance CAS aircraft (comma separated). Empty = AAF default CAS
tpw_skirmish_resist_chsstring[] = {"rhsgref_mi24g_CAS"}; // Classname/s of custom resistance support heli (comma separated). Empty = AAF default CHS
tpw_skirmish_resist_uavstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom resistance UAV (comma separated). Empty = AAF default UAV

Leave it empty if you just want to spawn the default heli. Remember that aircraft will only be spawned if you have 

tpw_skirmish_resist_support = 1; // AAF units can call support

• Like 1