tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

On 5/3/2021 at 12:25 PM, tpw said:

You just need to copy your_arma_install/addons_optional/tpw_muffler.pbo to your_arma_install/addons/

Flies are part of tpw_fireflies, if you have this mod active then they will spawn around rubbish, dead bodies etc. There are no other variables you need to change.

Thank you! ,
2: But no flies appear this is my default configuration

// FIREFLIES
tpw_firefly_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_firefly_window = 4; // How many hours after sunset will fireflies appear
tpw_firefly_temp = 18; // Minimum temperature (deg C) for fireflies to be active, if running TPW FOG
tpw_firefly_trees = 5 ; // Number of trees needed within tpw_firefly_radius of player in order to spawn fireflies. 0 = fireflies everywhere 
tpw_firefly_radius = 25; // Firefies will be spawned within this distance (m) of player
tpw_firefly_time = 5; // Max seconds between spawning each firefly/swarm
tpw_firefly_maxflies = 50; // Maximum number of fireflies around player
tpw_firefly_swarmsize = 5; // Maximum number of fireflies per swarm (must be less than tpw_firefly_maxflies)
tpw_firefly_largeswarm = 0.1; // Chance of a large swarm (5 X tpw_firefly_swarmsize) spawning near player. 0 = never, 1 = always
tpw_firefly_colour[] = {200,250,100}; // Firefly glow colour
tpw_firefly_brightness = 0.4; // Brightness of each firefly (0 - 1)
tpw_firefly_size = 0.02; //  Apparent size of each firefly (0.01 - 0.2)
tpw_firefly_blink = 1; // Flashing enabled. 0 = no flashing, 1 = brief flash with ~1 sec between flashes
tpw_firefly_speed = 0.075; // Max time (sec) between firefly animation "frames". Larger = slower moving fireflies
//><

Has anyone gotten this to work with the new DLC Prairie Fire? As of now I'm only able to get skirmish to work with a mix of UNSUNG and Nam. Civilians are giving me a bit of trouble too. Could this be due to changed unit classnames?

I'm working on the Prairie Fire support as we speak, so there's region appropriate weather, sounds and civilians. I'll release something once I'm sure it doesn't contain any hidden gotchas

• Like 9

Literally made my week! Thank you so much. By far one of the most immersive mods for Arma!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tpw said:

I'm working on the Prairie Fire support as we speak, so there's region appropriate weather, sounds and civilians. I'll release something once I'm sure it doesn't contain any hidden gotchas

It already has plenty of hidden gotchas. Beware.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tpw said:

Tôi đang làm việc về hỗ trợ Prairie Fire khi chúng tôi nói chuyện, vì vậy sẽ có thời tiết, âm thanh và dân thường thích hợp trong khu vực. Tôi sẽ phát hành một cái gì đó khi tôi chắc chắn rằng nó không chứa bất kỳ gotchas ẩn nào

Hey man, can you help me get the flies buzzing around the corpse, I activated it but nothing happened, thank you!

Hi TPW. I have a query regarding TPW Radio. I can see that there are 106 sound samples in total, but it isn't obvious to me whether only some samples are used for the West, East or Resistance side. For example if I'm in a West vehicle will I only hear some of the samples, or could I hear any of the 106?

Also, is it possible to increase the number of samples that are used by adding additional sound files beyond 'radio106' and tweaking the config so that it will include the additional ones?

Reason for asking is that I would like to add some samples from the old Ace2 radio mod for Arma 2, but obviously I don't want US radio voices playing for East units and vice versa. This would just be a version for my own personal use.

Thanks.

19 hours ago, tpw said:

I have a request or should we help out?

Map Specific Zombies? I mean just use the heads and AI of Max or any other zombie mod, but use the uniforms specific for the MAP? Obviously for CAM LAO NAM, we would use SOGPF  cDLC gear for "period authentic" as the map is only available in the mod. Maybe for Livonia or GM or Tanoa as well?

We can create some classes I guess to enable this? I can try to create the classes. I'm guessing orbat configs would work?

On 5/4/2021 at 1:02 AM, ducphuli said:

Thank you! ,
2: But no flies appear this is my default configuration

// FIREFLIES
tpw_firefly_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_firefly_window = 4; // How many hours after sunset will fireflies appear
tpw_firefly_temp = 18; // Minimum temperature (deg C) for fireflies to be active, if running TPW FOG
tpw_firefly_trees = 5 ; // Number of trees needed within tpw_firefly_radius of player in order to spawn fireflies. 0 = fireflies everywhere 
tpw_firefly_radius = 25; // Firefies will be spawned within this distance (m) of player
tpw_firefly_time = 5; // Max seconds between spawning each firefly/swarm
tpw_firefly_maxflies = 50; // Maximum number of fireflies around player
tpw_firefly_swarmsize = 5; // Maximum number of fireflies per swarm (must be less than tpw_firefly_maxflies)
tpw_firefly_largeswarm = 0.1; // Chance of a large swarm (5 X tpw_firefly_swarmsize) spawning near player. 0 = never, 1 = always
tpw_firefly_colour[] = {200,250,100}; // Firefly glow colour
tpw_firefly_brightness = 0.4; // Brightness of each firefly (0 - 1)
tpw_firefly_size = 0.02; //  Apparent size of each firefly (0.01 - 0.2)
tpw_firefly_blink = 1; // Flashing enabled. 0 = no flashing, 1 = brief flash with ~1 sec between flashes
tpw_firefly_speed = 0.075; // Max time (sec) between firefly animation "frames". Larger = slower moving fireflies
//><

Hello Duc,

Try editing this line to "1" to force flies all the time:

tpw_firefly_largeswarm = 1; // Chance of a large swarm (5 X tpw_firefly_swarmsize) spawning near player. 0 = never, 1 = always

Right now it was set to 10%. Upping it would be better to over 0.5 or 50% but enable it fully to see it works first.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ducphuli said:

Hey man, can you help me get the flies buzzing around the corpse, I activated it but nothing happened, thank you!

So there flies functionality is definitely working, I just double checked. Most of the parameters only apply to fireflies, normal flies just spawn around rubbish, bins, and bodies.

It's worth noting that flies won't spawn if

1 -there's battle going on

2 - it's less than 10decC (according to TPW FOG)

3 - it's raining

4 - it's windy

It's also worth noting that flies build up quite slowly, it takes several minutes for a body to be fully swarming with them

Load up a warm map in the editor, add a person near the player, set that person setdamage 1 in its init line, and start the game. Wait a few minutes and you should see and hear them

• Like 2

17 hours ago, munger said:

Hi TPW. I have a query regarding TPW Radio. I can see that there are 106 sound samples in total, but it isn't obvious to me whether only some samples are used for the West, East or Resistance side. For example if I'm in a West vehicle will I only hear some of the samples, or could I hear any of the 106?

Also, is it possible to increase the number of samples that are used by adding additional sound files beyond 'radio106' and tweaking the config so that it will include the additional ones?

Reason for asking is that I would like to add some samples from the old Ace2 radio mod for Arma 2, but obviously I don't want US radio voices playing for East units and vice versa. This would just be a version for my own personal use.

Thanks.

At the moment they're just generic "western" radio message I'm afraid. So basically regardless of what side you play as you'll get the same messages. To be honest it's not high on my priority list to expand.

If you were up to adding additional radio messages then you could indeed tweak the config to include them, but the TPW_RADIO.sqf script would also need to be tweaked.

Alternatively if you wanted to send me the east and/or resistance samples, I could add them and make the appropriate ones player according to the side

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Valken said:

I have a request or should we help out?

Map Specific Zombies? I mean just use the heads and AI of Max or any other zombie mod, but use the uniforms specific for the MAP? Obviously for CAM LAO NAM, we would use SOGPF  cDLC gear for "period authentic" as the map is only available in the mod. Maybe for Livonia or GM or Tanoa as well?

We can create some classes I guess to enable this? I can try to create the classes. I'm guessing orbat configs would work?

I've tried in the past to get this happening but Max Zombies just go to shit if you try to give them different uniforms using forceadduniform. Maybe it'll work with a config?

TPW MODS 20210510: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7w3b1h0l0834un/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

• [HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]
  • [CORE 1.84, FALL 1.72, BLEEDOUT 1.39] Improved behaviour of previously injured / incapacitated units to subsequent injury
  • [CORE 1.84, FOG 1.87, SOAP 1.60] Added SOG Cam Lao Nam support.

Hi everyone. This is just a quick release basically to get preliminary support for the SOG Cam Lao Nam map. This now gets the appropriate tropical weather and the same ambient tropical noises as Tanoa. If you make sure to update the HPP, it'll also spawn the SOG civilians. A few things to note:

1 - Even though this map reuses lots of building assets, it's actually duplicated and renamed them all, so the existing house class scanning I used for TPW FURNITURE does not work

2 - I'll eventually add a more authentic Vietnamese voices/music soundpack  but for the time being you're stuck with the Tanoan one.

3 - The map seems to override a few configs, especially related to sound, so I can't vouvh that there won't be conflicts or bugs.

Personally I'm more than happy to pay a few bucks for this DLC, despite it being built on the creaky moribund (dare I say it abandoned) Arma3 engine.The map is large and performs well in most places, even though it doesn't scale the dizzy heights of immersive jungle realism as RHSPKL. There's a few nice new vegetation and building assets in addition to the large numbers of units and vehicles. And I'm glad that BIS is giving talented modders the change to make a few $. 

• Like 11

If you know, are the unitstrings all "vn_c_something" to get SOG working with skirmish?

Sorry figured this out somewhat and have gotten it working with skirmish.

The below is what COULD be defaulted to be used with SOGPF. I am having one issue with Air support but I need to test it further. I've found that when I put specific aircraft in the CAS, CHS and UAV ie 

{vn_b_air_f4c_cas,vn_b_air_ah1g_04};

they seem to spawn more readily as opposed to the below with the generic "air" for each faction. Very exciting none the less, thanks again @tpw for continuing to keep this updated!

// SKIRMISH
tpw_skirmish_active = 1; // 1 = active
tpw_skirmish_friendlysquad_max = 2; // Maximum number of friendly squads around player
tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehicles_max = 1; // Maximum number of friendly vehicles around player
tpw_skirmish_enemysquad_max = 2; // Maximum number of enemy squads around player
tpw_skirmish_enemyvehicles_max = 1; // Maximum number of enemy vehicles around player
tpw_skirmish_resistsquad_max = 2; // Maximum number of friendly squads around player
tpw_skirmish_resistvehicles_max = 1; // Maximum number of friendly vehicles around player
tpw_skirmish_minspawnradius = 500; // Minimum distance from player to spawn units/vehicles
tpw_skirmish_maxspawnradius = 2000; // Maximum distance from player to spawn units/vehicles. Units/vehicles deleted beyond this distance
tpw_skirmish_support = 1; // NATO units can call support
tpw_skirmish_enemy_support = 0; // CSAT enemy units can call support
tpw_skirmish_resist_support = 1; // AAF units can call support
tpw_skirmish_friendlytype[] = {0}; // BLUFOR: 0 = user specified,1 = NATO, 2 = NATO PACIFIC, 3 = CTRG PACIFIC, 4 = CSAT, 5 = CSAT PACIFIC, 6 = AAF, 7 = FIA, 8 = SYNDIKAT, 9 = LDF, 10 = SPETZNAZ, 11 = NATO WOODLAND. Negative values will wear shemaghs eg -1 will spawn NATO with shemaghs. Decimal values with wear civilian clothes e.g. 1.1 will spawn NATO units wearing civilian clothes. Multiple values may be selected eg {0,1,7} will spawn user selected, NATO and FIA BLUFOR. Empty = NATO default 
tpw_skirmish_enemytype[] = {0}; // OPFOR: 0 = user specified,1 = NATO, 2 = NATO PACIFIC, 3 = CTRG PACIFIC, 4 = CSAT, 5 = CSAT PACIFIC, 6 = AAF, 7 = FIA, 8 = SYNDIKAT, , 9 = LDF, 10 = SPETZNAZ, 11 = NATO WOODLAND. Negative values will wear shemaghs, decimal values will wear civilian clothing. Multiple values may be selected eg {4,5} will spawn CSAT and CSAT PACIFIC OPFOR. Empty = CSAT default 
tpw_skirmish_resisttype[] = {0}; // INDFOR: 0 = user specified,1 = NATO, 2 = NATO PACIFIC, 3 = CTRG PACIFIC, 4 = CSAT, 5 = CSAT PACIFIC, 6 = AAF, 7 = FIA, 8 = SYNDIKAT, 9 = LDF, 10 = SPETZNAZ, 11 = NATO WOODLAND. Negative values will wear shemaghs, decimal values will wear civ clothes. Multiple values may be selected eg {-6,-7} will spawn FIA and AAF resistance, wearing Shemaghs. Empty = AAF default 
tpw_skirmish_spawntime = 30; // Time (sec) between spawning each enemy/friendly squad/vehicle
tpw_skirmish_friendlyunitstring[] = {vn_b_men}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select friendly units from config
tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehiclestring[] = {vn_b_wheeled}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select friendly vehicles from config
tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring[] = {vn_o_men}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select enemy units from config
tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring[] = {vn_o_wheeled}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select enemy vehicles from config
tpw_skirmish_resistunitstring[] = {vn_i_men}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select resistance units from config
tpw_skirmish_resistvehiclestring[] = {vn_i_wheeled}; // Custom string (comma separated) to select resistance vehicles from config
tpw_skirmish_casstring[] = {vn_b_air}; // Classname/s of custom friendly CAS aircraft (comma separated). Empty = NATO default CAS
tpw_skirmish_chsstring[] = {vn_b_air}; // Classname/s of custom friendly support heli (comma separated). Empty = NATO default CHS
tpw_skirmish_uavstring[] = {vn_b_air}; // Classname/s of custom friendly UAV (comma separated). Empty = NATO default UAV
tpw_skirmish_enemy_casstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom enemy CAS aircraft (comma separated). Empty = CSAT default CAS
tpw_skirmish_enemy_chsstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom enemy support heli (comma separated). Empty = CSAT default CHS
tpw_skirmish_enemy_uavstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom enemy UAV (comma separated). Empty = CSAT default UAV
tpw_skirmish_resist_casstring[] = {vn_i_air}; // Classname/s of custom resistance CAS aircraft (comma separated). Empty = AAF default CAS
tpw_skirmish_resist_chsstring[] = {vn_i_air}; // Classname/s of custom resistance support heli (comma separated). Empty = AAF default CHS
tpw_skirmish_resist_uavstring[] = {vn_i_air}; // Classname/s of custom resistance UAV (comma separated). Empty = AAF default UAV
tpw_skirmish_deadtime = 180; // Dead units will be removed after this amount of time (sec)

@Cochise333

You can put multiple strings so that you select more specific groups of enemies. This is what I use:  

tpw_skirmish_friendlyunitstring[] = {"vn_b_men_army","vn_b_men_army","vn_b_men_army","vn_b_men_army","vn_b_men_sog","vn_b_men_lrrp","vn_b_men_cidg"};
tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring[] =  {"vn_o_men_nva","vn_o_men_vc"}; 
tpw_skirmish_resistunitstring[] =    {"vn_i_men_army","vn_i_men_army","vn_i_men_army","vn_i_men_ranger","vn_i_men_sf"};

The more I play the SOG DLC the more I'm impressed by it

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tpw said:

@Cochise333

You can put multiple strings so that you select more specific groups of enemies. This is what I use:  

tpw_skirmish_friendlyunitstring[] = {"vn_b_men_army","vn_b_men_army","vn_b_men_army","vn_b_men_army","vn_b_men_sog","vn_b_men_lrrp","vn_b_men_cidg"};
tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring[] =  {"vn_o_men_nva","vn_o_men_vc"}; 
tpw_skirmish_resistunitstring[] =    {"vn_i_men_army","vn_i_men_army","vn_i_men_army","vn_i_men_ranger","vn_i_men_sf"};

Awesome! I've been doing it with vehicles but wasn't bright enough to think to use it for infantry groups! Thanks for this. A few builds ago I managed to get boats working with UNSUNG's river sampans. Any plans for this or the period cars?

On 5/10/2021 at 10:32 AM, Valken said:

Hello Duc,

Try editing this line to "1" to force flies all the time:

tpw_firefly_largeswarm = 1; // Chance of a large swarm (5 X tpw_firefly_swarmsize) spawning near player. 0 = never, 1 = always

Right now it was set to 10%. Upping it would be better to over 0.5 or 50% but enable it fully to see it works first.

On 5/10/2021 at 5:59 PM, tpw said:

So there flies functionality is definitely working, I just double checked. Most of the parameters only apply to fireflies, normal flies just spawn around rubbish, bins, and bodies.

It's worth noting that flies won't spawn if

1 -there's battle going on

2 - it's less than 10decC (according to TPW FOG)

3 - it's raining

4 - it's windy

It's also worth noting that flies build up quite slowly, it takes several minutes for a body to be fully swarming with them

Load up a warm map in the editor, add a person near the player, set that person setdamage 1 in its init line, and start the game. Wait a few minutes and you should see and hear them

Thank you for your help, I have applied the method of "the two of you" and succeeded , Have a nice day

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tpw said:

Indeed. ^^

Could the Skirmish script support "ambient spiderholes"? Having some of these spawning around the player in the jungle would be pretty tense.

• Like 2

Hi TPW hope your well.

i had a question about bleedout.Im wanting to use another revive mod for SP,but i notice bleedout offers ability for AI to self heal.Is it possible to run bleedout with all features set to 0,but still have AI auto heal work?

Hello, author @tpw

Mod it's great. But how can the AI stay away from the tank explosion.

When the tank is on fire, they don't run away, but stand near the tank to explode.

• Like 1

Hey guys, Mr TPW love your mod! I have a quick question for you or anyone who would like to assist me, how do you add custom boats to spawn i want to use the new Vietnam DLC they have some really nice boat models but it throws up errors when I try to replace boat classnames in the boat script?? 

Hello guys, I would like to use tpw but usually I don't create my own missions. I use generators like dynamic recon ops. Is it possible to use tpw with these types of missions? Is it activated by default? Do I need to call those methods on debug window in order to activate?

4 hours ago, jacobs said:

Hello guys, I would like to use tpw but usually I don't create my own missions. I use generators like dynamic recon ops. Is it possible to use tpw with these types of missions? Is it activated by default? Do I need to call those methods on debug window in order to activate?

TPW touches alot of aspects but blends in very well in terms of compatibility.Take a look at what each script does by reading the user config,and see if anything in Recon ops does the same thing.If not you should be good to go.And again,if sth does conflict,disable it in user config.

From what i heard of Dynamic recon ops,i think your fine,jus dont enable TPW skirmish

• Like 2

I only play single player and create "zeus scenarios" to my liking, I use a lot of Mods but no errors occur at all. That's great, best wishes. 😍

• Like 1