tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

TPW MODS 20210321: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7w3b1h0l0834un/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]

• [CORE 1.83, FOG 1.86, SOAP 1.59] Added Mull of Kintyre support. Extended AI animations after recovering from incapacitation may now be toggled with tpw_core_extended_enable (off by default). Added Art of War civilian clothing. Added support for clothing from Hunting Mod by krzychuzokecia. Removed occasional popup xxxmusic errors. 

As promised here's a small update which corrects the music errors, and adds support for a few more uniforms and terrains. I'll look further into TPW HUD. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, tpw said:

TPW MODS 20210321: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7w3b1h0l0834un/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]

• [CORE 1.83, FOG 1.86, SOAP 1.59] Added Mull of Kintyre support. Extended AI animations after recovering from incapacitation may now be toggled with tpw_core_extended_enable (off by default). Added Art of War civilian clothing. Added support for clothing from Hunting Mod by krzychuzokecia. Removed occasional popup xxxmusic errors. 

As promised here's a small update which corrects the music errors, and adds support for a few more uniforms and terrains. I'll look further into TPW HUD. 

I was wondering if you could extend your repair program to repair trucks. I have a track recovery mission ( about five percent of the missions) in which a repair truck is used. It takes only a few seconds to effect a repair. Could you extend your repair function to repair trucks?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badanov said:

I was wondering if you could extend your repair program to repair trucks. I have a track recovery mission ( about five percent of the missions) in which a repair truck is used. It takes only a few seconds to effect a repair. Could you extend your repair function to repair trucks?

I'm on it

EDIT: Could be trickier than I thought, I need to over-ride the repair truck autorepair

• Like 4

13 hours ago, tpw said:

I'm on it

EDIT: Could be trickier than I thought, I need to over-ride the repair truck autorepair

Regardless of the outcome, thanks for taking a run at it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [GSF] Georgians said:

will it works in MP?

need key for it

From the readme txt file...

MULTIPLAYER COMPATIBILITY
=========================
TPW MODS are primarily designed with single player in mind, and are generally player centric, spawning ambience and behaviour around the player to conserve CPU and give the illusion of a living map. As I have stressed many times, they are advertised as SP mods. I only play SP, have little interest in playing MP, little skill in coding MP, and no ability to test it. What this means for you is that:

- All mods will work as advertised in SP.
    - Some of them will work without issues in MP when running clientside on the players' computers, some will not.
    - None of them will work on a dedicated server, they will detect it and disable themselves.

• Like 3

SOMEONE MADE THE VERSION FOR THE STAR WARS MOD?

Edited by ariel777111
ERROR ESCRITURA
  • Confused 1

Ran this mod on the single-player battle royale mission by gtaboncer.

Definitely creates a much more lively experience (with civs, furniture in buildings, and animals). Works without conflict as well. TPW's 2035 glasses are really helpful as well.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Jason Dotson said:

Is there a tutorial on how to set it up?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edojnoj4upe0guz/tpw_mods_readme.txt

toolong;don'tread:

- Download files from the dropbox link

- Extract the contents of the zip file with winrar or 7zip

- Open the folder and run the install.bat

- Add @TPW_MODS to Arma 3 launcher -> Parameters -> All Parameters

- Tick the "Mods" option and put in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@TPW_MODS" (or whatever address TPW Mods installed in... should be in your Arma 3 install folder)

- Run the game and play like usual with TPW now

+ Further customization is explained in the readme. Refer to the first page and the dropbox links for what each feature does. Edit "TPW_MODS.hpp" with Notepad++ (or similar) found in your Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS\

It can't get any simpler than that. 😐

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Marc13Bautista said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edojnoj4upe0guz/tpw_mods_readme.txt

toolong;don'tread:

- Download files from the dropbox link

- Extract the contents of the zip file with winrar or 7zip

- Open the folder and run the install.bat

- Add @TPW_MODS to Arma 3 launcher -> Parameters -> All Parameters

- Tick the "Mods" option and put in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@TPW_MODS" (or whatever address TPW Mods installed in... should be in your Arma 3 install folder)

- Run the game and play like usual with TPW now

+ Further customization is explained in the readme. Refer to the first page and the dropbox links for what each feature does. Edit "TPW_MODS.hpp" with Notepad++ (or similar) found in your Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS\

It can't get any simpler than that. 😐

I meant for the scripts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/30/2021 at 6:34 AM, Jason Dotson said:

I meant for the scripts. 

Well why didn't you say so then?

I provide the scripts for those who might want to delve a bit deeper or customise missions, not as a standard alternative to running the mod. Hence the lack of detailed instructions. It's not as straightforward as running the mod, and I'm not entertaining any complaints about it. Assuming that you installed TPW MODS to your_arma_installation\@TPW_MODS : 

1 - You need to rename your_arma_installation\@TPW_MODS\addons\tpw_mods.pbo to tpw_mods.bak or something like that, so that it won't run

2 - Keep the other pbos as is, the scripts will need various assets from them

3 - Create a folder your_arma_installation\scripts and copy all the scripts from your_arma_installation\@tpw_mods\scripts into the new folder

4 - In the scripts folder you made, create a file called tpw_mods.sqf, and add the calls to the scripts you want to run eg

//TPW MODS

// Only run the scripts if the tpw_mods.pbo is not active
if !(isclass (configfile/"CfgPatches"/"TPW_MODS")) then 
	{
	0 = [["c_man","c_man","rds","afghan","c_man","c_man"],[],5,22,1] execvm "\scripts\tpw_core.sqf"; // you absolutely have to run this script regardless
	sleep 1;
	0 = [60,300,2,[100,250,500],0] execvm "\scripts\tpw_air.sqf";
	0 = [10,5,250,75,120,20,1] execvm "\scripts\tpw_animals.sqf";
	0 = [2,0.5,1,1,1,0] execvm "\scripts\tpw_bleedout.sqf";
	0 = [60,2000,5,2] execvm "\scripts\tpw_boats.sqf";	
	#etc
	#etc
	};

The parameters for each script are explained in detail in their headers.

5 - You can call this script from the init of the player unit etc

0 = [] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods.sqf"

There's lots of other ways to do this, but this is more or less how it's set up on my system so that I can do the development.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, tpw said:

I provide the scripts for those who might want to delve a bit deeper or customise missions, not as a standard alternative to running the mod. Hence the lack of detailed instructions. It's not as straightforward as running the mod, and I'm not entertaining any complaints about it. Assuming that you installed TPW MODS to your_arma_installation\@TPW_MODS : 

1 - You need to rename your_arma_installation\@TPW_MODS\addons\tpw_mods.pbo to tpw_mods.bak or something like that, so that it won't run

2 - Keep the other pbos as is, the scripts will need various assets from them

3 - Create a folder your_arma_installation\scripts and copy all the scripts from your_arma_installation\@tpw_mods\scripts into the new folder

4 - In the scripts folder you made, create a file called tpw_mods.sqf, and add the calls to the scripts you want to run eg

//TPW MODS

// Only run the scripts if the tpw_mods.pbo is not active
	{
	0 = [["c_man","c_man","rds","afghan","c_man","c_man"],[],5,22,1] execvm "\scripts\tpw_core.sqf"; // you absolutely have to run this script regardless
	sleep 1;
	#etc
	#etc
	};

The parameters for each script are explained in detail in their headers.

5 - You can call this script from the init of the player unit etc

There's lots of other ways to do this, but this is more or less how it's set up on my system so that I can do the development.

Thank you!

• Like 1

All the previous versions worked fine for me.
I download latest version 3/22/21. I can't seem to get rid of the orange and green balls over the Enemy and Friendly AI's.
I have Not edited the hpp file. The LOS module is set to 0 in the hpp file, but the balls still appear. Advice or Suggestions?

Hello author, I got to know your mod from the link of someone who posted this mod on steam. 

I don't mean to create a new conflict, but I just played Arma 3 and I only played in single mode. I love scripting and I used 58 mods (a lot). So how do I know which mod conflicts they have?

On 4/15/2021 at 4:17 AM, Capt Wiggin said:

All the previous versions worked fine for me.
I download latest version 3/22/21. I can't seem to get rid of the orange and green balls over the Enemy and Friendly AI's.
I have Not edited the hpp file. The LOS module is set to 0 in the hpp file, but the balls still appear. Advice or Suggestions?

Diable the HUD feature by setting it to 0 (zero) inside the hpp file.

@ TPW - can you add variables to the zombie spawner so we can add zombies to the horde that do not have unit class names with zombie? Ravage names it's units with rvg.

If I run TPW with Ravage, Ravage sets all of their zombies at renegades, so it will attack everything. This mod sets it to the opposite to Blue or RedFor so Ravage zombies end up fighting it out with TPW Max zombies!

If we can add the RVG_* variable, then we can group it to the same side via TPW mod.

Lastly, can you create a version of the skirmish or zombie script where we can define boss monsters or other monsters? If we can set group count such as 1-x (1 is good for a huge boss for example) and allow us to manually set the side, then we can control how they would react. I wanted to eventually add johnnyboy's or aliens or drongo's monsters to a single player experience, but adding to one side skirmish creates a squad of them!

Kinda weird to see 6 Max Jason monsters for example. Multiple squads of 1 would have felt more at home with a check to keep it from repeating too much. Just thinking ahead for Halloween or a future Purge scenario!

Great mod, I'm running okay on GPU 610! Thank you author, good health!

Is it possible to set it up just to have a radio addon only without any other addons?

11 minutes ago, pvt. partz said:

@Mr_john1

Yes, just enter zeros to disable anything you want.

How do I do that? 

I'm sorry, I'm kind of new with editing stuff.

8 hours ago, Mr_john1 said:

How do I do that? 

I'm sorry, I'm kind of new with editing stuff.

Goto your ARMA GAME folder, then this folder:

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Userconfig\tpw_mods\ 

If your ARMA 3 game was installed on C drive. If not, goto the right drive where ARMA 3 was installed.

Then open the TPW_MODS.hpp file, it is a text file, edit it and change the number 1 to 0 (zero) to disable the features you want. Set it back it to 1 to enable it.

On 01.04.2021 at 07:51, tpw said:

установка

hello, explain how to load scripts in a mission and make settings immediately in a mission

On 01.04.2021 at 07:51, tpw said:

Я предоставляю сценарии для тех, кто, возможно, захочет копнуть немного глубже или настроить миссии, а не как стандартную альтернативу запуску мода. Отсюда и отсутствие подробных инструкций. Это не так просто, как запустить мод, и я не питаю к нему никаких претензий. Предположим, что вы установили моды TPW в your_arma_installation\@TPW_MODS :

1 - Вам нужно переименовать your_arma_installation\@TPW_MODS\addons\tpw_mods.pbo к tpw_mods.bak или что-то в этом роде, чтобы он не запускался

2 - Держите другие PBO как есть, скрипты будут нуждаться в различных активах от них

3 - Создайте папку your_arma_installation\scripts и скопируйте все скрипты из your_arma_installation\@tpw_mods\scripts в новую папку

4 - В папке скриптов, которую вы сделали , создайте файл с именем tpw_mods.sqfи добавьте вызовы к скриптам, которые вы хотите запустить, например

//МОДЫ TPW

// Запускайте скрипты только в том случае, если tpw_mods.pbo не активен
 {
 0 = [["c_man","c_man","rds","афганец","c_man","c_man"],[],5,22,1] execvm "\scripts\tpw_core.sqf"; // вы абсолютно должны запустить этот скрипт независимо
от сна 1;
 #и т. д.
 #и т. д.
 };

Параметры каждого скрипта подробно описаны в его заголовках.

5 - Вы можете вызвать этот скрипт из init модуля плеера и т. Д

Есть много других способов сделать это, но это более или менее то, как он настроен в моей системе, чтобы я мог заниматься разработкой.

do I need to upload the Userconfig folder???

@tpw Hi you, 

I can't find the "Reduced engine and collision volume, increased wind / motor volume of default Arma3 wheeld vehicles if using JSRS Soundmod (TPW_MUFFLER) setting."

And how to trigger flies to fly garbage heap.

Thank you! 

Hi everyone. Sorry about the long time between messages, it's grant writing season at work and I'm #$%^ing exhausted.

On 4/25/2021 at 4:02 AM, Valken said:

@ TPW - can you add variables to the zombie spawner so we can add zombies to the horde that do not have unit class names with zombie? Ravage names it's units with rvg.

If I run TPW with Ravage, Ravage sets all of their zombies at renegades, so it will attack everything. This mod sets it to the opposite to Blue or RedFor so Ravage zombies end up fighting it out with TPW Max zombies!

If we can add the RVG_* variable, then we can group it to the same side via TPW mod.

Lastly, can you create a version of the skirmish or zombie script where we can define boss monsters or other monsters? If we can set group count such as 1-x (1 is good for a huge boss for example) and allow us to manually set the side, then we can control how they would react. I wanted to eventually add johnnyboy's or aliens or drongo's monsters to a single player experience, but adding to one side skirmish creates a squad of them!

Kinda weird to see 6 Max Jason monsters for example. Multiple squads of 1 would have felt more at home with a check to keep it from repeating too much. Just thinking ahead for Halloween or a future Purge scenario!

Mate I'll look into this for you. TBH I very rarely use zombies, but it's worth extending the functionailty a bit.

On 4/27/2021 at 7:03 PM, lord3579 said:

do I need to upload the Userconfig folder???

No

9 hours ago, ducphuli said:

@tpw Hi you, 

I can't find the "Reduced engine and collision volume, increased wind / motor volume of default Arma3 wheeld vehicles if using JSRS Soundmod (TPW_MUFFLER) setting."

And how to trigger flies to fly garbage heap.

Thank you! 

You just need to copy your_arma_install/addons_optional/tpw_muffler.pbo to your_arma_install/addons/

Flies are part of tpw_fireflies, if you have this mod active then they will spawn around rubbish, dead bodies etc. There are no other variables you need to change.

• Like 4