tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

5 hours ago, oldy41 said:

@tpw:

With one of the latest versions a problem seems to have crept into the FALL module:

When the player is recovering after a hit he is now forced through a rather lengthy animation, which includes a kneeling position. More often than not this results in a rather frustrating death of your avatar while you have to watch him stretch his arms in the middle of a bullet storm 😣.

Can this be changed to sequence of prone animations?

And not to forget: Many many thanks for still maintaining this fantastic mod! As i mentioned: I can't do without at least FALL, and would like it to be the best it can be 😁

Hmm I thought I’d disabled this for the player. I’ll take a look and fix it ASAP. Thanks for the heads up and kind words.

TPW MODS 20210214: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7w3b1h0l0834un/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

• [ANIMALS 1.62] Added red grouse and red deer sounds to Scottish Highlands.
  • [CORE 1.83] Additional code to prevent disable/reenable animations on player

Just a small mod to add a bit of extra Scottish forest ambience, and to hopefully address post incapacitation injury animations applying to the player. I've personally never experienced them but I've added in a few more if (_unit == player) exitwith {} statements to TPW CORE  just to be on the safe side. Please let me know if you continue to experience this. 

• Like 6

Many thanks for the quick fix to FALL. Seems to work fine now. 👍

(In my missions I usually set a whole squad as "playable". Maybe that screwed up the player detection in the code, if it had only been done during initialization?)

• Like 1

@tpw, I think you know I've always been a huge fan of your work, so please understand I'm offering this as feedback.  Ignore as you see fit...it's not like I'm going to uninstall your excellent work.

I had the same issue with your previous version where the player got stuck in the healing animation, or so I thought.  But after your update, I saw what I thought was the AI getting stuck in a healing animation, but it turned out it was a "new" (to TPW) animation where the unit will standup, bend over, then standup and stretch his back.  It takes a lot of time to happen, and of course since the unit is standing up, he's a big fat target.  I'm wondering if that may have been what happened to my player unit previously where it seemed like I was stuck.

Regardless, I was wondering if you might think about removing that animation choice, if that's possible with how you have stuff coded.  In my (overly) simple mind, I was guessing you were calling a random animation out of an array when a unit heals, so I wasn't sure if it was possible to remove that animation selection.  It's just weird to have a unit standup in the middle of a firefight...and worse if you have the SETCAPTIVE TRUE turned off in the tpw settings (like I do).

On 2/19/2021 at 7:07 AM, gatordev said:

@tpw, I think you know I've always been a huge fan of your work, so please understand I'm offering this as feedback.  Ignore as you see fit...it's not like I'm going to uninstall your excellent work.

I had the same issue with your previous version where the player got stuck in the healing animation, or so I thought.  But after your update, I saw what I thought was the AI getting stuck in a healing animation, but it turned out it was a "new" (to TPW) animation where the unit will standup, bend over, then standup and stretch his back.  It takes a lot of time to happen, and of course since the unit is standing up, he's a big fat target.  I'm wondering if that may have been what happened to my player unit previously where it seemed like I was stuck.

Regardless, I was wondering if you might think about removing that animation choice, if that's possible with how you have stuff coded.  In my (overly) simple mind, I was guessing you were calling a random animation out of an array when a unit heals, so I wasn't sure if it was possible to remove that animation selection.  It's just weird to have a unit standup in the middle of a firefight...and worse if you have the SETCAPTIVE TRUE turned off in the tpw settings (like I do).

Thanks gatordev, I appreciate your feedback mate. I put things like this in because I think they might add a bit of extra immersion, in this case the idea that after being incapacitated a unit doesn’t just jump straight up and resume normal programming. So I trawled through the animations to try to find on that approximated a unit being a bit worn out and the tiredness/stretching  animation is the one you see. It’s obviously not perfect, and it’s only deployed randomly, but it worked for me. Thanks to the forum I see that not everyone else is onboard, so I’ll work on making it optional. Expect a new version with a new hpp soon.

For what it’s worth, I welcome the criticism, feedback and suggestions that have enabled this mod to develop. I just don’t welcome passive aggressive condescension - I have an ex wife for that :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I think we all appreciate your continued support for the mod.  And the fact that you continue to make it modular really sells it.  Thanks again.

15 hours ago, gatordev said:

I think we all appreciate your continued support for the mod.  And the fact that you continue to make it modular really sells it.  Thanks again.

Thanks @gatordev

Here's a beta version of the main tpw_mods.pbo that allows you to toggle the additonal animations. They're off by default, but can be toggled on with tpw_core_extended_enable = true . Let me know how you get along with that, and I'll merge it into a proper release with a new HPP. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ayh619iqbnd8pb4/TPW_MODS.pbo

• Like 4

I'll try and mess with it in the next day or so (life just got more complicated in a good way), but going back to work for a week after that.  Hopefully others can play with it.

Came back years later and discovered one of my favorite mods is still alive and turned into a real monster. Respect to the author for extraordinary dedication.

Have been playing with most of the features enabled and it works very well. One thing stood out in the editor though. @tpwI get the following error message in Eden

Error in expression < _projectile) distance [0,0,0]]];
_unit setVariable [format["tpw_hud_tracer_proj>
   Error position: <setVariable [format["tpw_hud_tracer_proj>
   Error Undefined behavior: waitUntil returned nil. True or false expected.
File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf..., line 1848 

ARMA 3 version: 2.00.146773

CBA version 3.15.2.201119

TPW version 20210214, all other mods disabled.

It doesn't break projectile tracing and it doesn't appear in SP proper (simply because "show script errors" can be disabled outside Eden) but it's a little disconcerting. Is it harmless and should be ignored?

I also have two suggestions:

- if possible I think it would be useful to have an option for the HUD to only track enemy projectiles. In intense firefights bullet trajectories from PC and friendlies often unnecessarily clutter the view.

Untitled03.png

It gets worse and it's only 7 soldiers.

Bullet tracing can be turned off of course but the truth is, enemy bullet tracing is really useful.

- HUD effectiveness simulation should probably take into account the factor of sophisticated camouflage such as full body stealth gear like the Viper fatigues with close helmets or thermal balaclava as well as ghillie suits. Similar multi-spectral camouflage is produced in real life.

Love this mod, appreciate all your work on it.

Been having an issue with it though. Couple of days ago I was mucking about with my A3 FOV settings, and now the tactical glasses HUD is cut off at the bottom of my display?

10WUw6Y.jpg

Any idea how I can fix this?

I've checked the Game > Layout settings and it's set to default, and I can't use custom to adjust that element of the UI.

4 hours ago, FlossIsBoss said:

Love this mod, appreciate all your work on it.

Been having an issue with it though. Couple of days ago I was mucking about with my A3 FOV settings, and now the tactical glasses HUD is cut off at the bottom of my display?

Any idea how I can fix this?

I've checked the Game > Layout settings and it's set to default, and I can't use custom to adjust that element of the UI.

Did you try changing the y variable in the hud offset line in the config file?

tpw_hud_offset[] = {0.34,0.26}; // HUD offset. [x,y] -0.5 to 0.5

36 minutes ago, hieronymus said:

Did you try changing the y variable in the hud offset line in the config file?

tpw_hud_offset[] = {0.34,0.26}; // HUD offset. [x,y] -0.5 to 0.5

Just tried changing it to  {0.34,0.46} and HUD is still stuck in the same position.

Thanks gents for the HUD reports. To be honest I rarely even use it! I’ll fire up Arma soon and will look into the issues for you.

• Like 5

Just to check, the file to edit for changes is the config file contained in the arma3/userconfig folder, not the one in the arma3 TPW folder?

Ok, it's not working how I expect then, or I'm doing something wrong. Changes I've made to the config file aren't being reflected in the game.

3 hours ago, FlossIsBoss said:

Ok, it's not working how I expect then, or I'm doing something wrong. Changes I've made to the config file aren't being reflected in the game.

Given the breadth of the mod, your gonna have to give up a little more information than that mate. 

• Like 1

I've got ambient stuff disabled (civs, animals) that are still showing up. Also, a while back I disabled some elements of the HUD* and left just the unit tracking enabled. I reverted this change and reenabled everything in the HUD section, but it's still missing everything but unit tracking.

*this also did not work initially, then it suddenly did, and I'm not sure why.

2 hours ago, FlossIsBoss said:

I've got ambient stuff disabled (civs, animals) that are still showing up. Also, a while back I disabled some elements of the HUD* and left just the unit tracking enabled. I reverted this change and reenabled everything in the HUD section, but it's still missing everything but unit tracking.

*this also did not work initially, then it suddenly did, and I'm not sure why.

They probably need the version of Arma, the version of the tpw mod, where you downloaded it from, what you are using to edit the config file, the version of CBA, whether any other mods are enabled, that sort of thing.

For the record, you are editing the config file in the userconfig folder in the main Arma folder, right?

Did you activate the full function mode in the line tpw_hud_unit[] = {1,1,0.25,0.75}?

What happens when you press the Ctrl+Alt+U combination for HUD mode cycling? Does the correct message appear on the left? Do any other functions work like full color night vision? You need to adjust the brightness after you activate it by pressing Ctrl+Alt+B, does it work?

One more thing I would suggest is conducting these experiments in the editor. Using random SP missions can lead to unpredictable results. In script heavy missions tpw sometimes takes uncannily long to start in my experience.

Just dropping by to say...

WHERE HAS THIS MOD BEEN!?!?

I've only played Singleplayer ever since my friend gifted me A3 and this was exactly the mod I was looking for. 

I only caught wind of it after looking around the workshop, coming up without much results... and finally taking a look at the forums.

I have to say that my experience with Arma 3 Singleplayer with this mod has my mind blown.

I am currently running this mod (installed it manually from dropbox), since the workshop port is broken [this one is not supported by you but it is what lead me here] with a ton of mods I had already collected that worked alright for me. I'm not sure which mods I need to remove in the case that anything listed would conflict but hopefully compatible.

Thanks again for this awesome mod!

Edit: So far the mod has been working great with my mod pack. Though I get the occasional "Sound greekmusic0 not found" error that pops up from time to time. Even when underwater lol.

Edit2: Hmm ok so I changed SOAP to be polyglot

tpw_soap_region = 100; // Region specific sounds. 0 = autodetect, 1 = Greek, 2 = Mideast, 3 = Fijian, 4 = French, 5 = Russian, 6 = German, 100 = polyglot

but I still, end up with an error. This time it's frenchmusic0 not found. Is this feature supposed to work properly and it may just be a conflict with one of the dynamic AI voice addons I have installed? Or is this error normal to show up every now and then? I'll try and single out my sound mods to see if the former is the case.

Edit3: Alright and I went through and disabled my sound mods (EFT Voice for AI, Project Human 1.2, STALKER Voices for AI, Unit-Voiceovers). I still get the same (French) error. I guess I could safely ignore it then if it doesn't harm gameplay albeit it's a bit annoying for it to pop up.

Edit4: And I just realized (from the above post) that there are two userconfig folders (in @TPW_MODS folder and Arma 3 folder) which have their own "TPW_MODS.hpp." I guess I had to make changes to both. Still didn't solve my issue though with the pop-up eh.

I've gotta say... this mod alone makes the Vindicta mod so much more alive with civilian + animal ambiance alone! The sounds and occasional fly-by helicopter (and prop duster lol) along with the civilian boats and them driving cars (not running over people) are an experience. Even the distant police sirens were a great indicator of incoming hostiles that it fit so well.

• Like 1

I've done a video of your mod showcasing a bit of what it does for the Vindicta mission. Hopefully, someone could do a full video showcase to help others get a preview of what each feature does. 😅

• Like 2

On 3/15/2021 at 2:35 AM, Marc13Bautista said:

I've gotta say... this mod alone makes the Vindicta mod so much more alive with civilian + animal ambiance alone! The sounds and occasional fly-by helicopter (and prop duster lol) along with the civilian boats and them driving cars (not running over people) are an experience. Even the distant police sirens were a great indicator of incoming hostiles that it fit so well.

Yea, TPW is one of the best mods you didn't know you needed until you use it.   Can't give TWP enough kudos for this!!

Been using it since the release, but just started utilizing the skirmish mode, and wow!  It is excellent for filling out missions, like if running a campaign on a large map with Alive, as it will keep you busy fighting as you make your way to the AO 15 kicks away from your FOB.  For quick fun you could probably just use skirmish on a blank map, it's that good...and configurable.

Good day!

DrDetroit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello hello, im a long time user of your great mod, and i restarted playing arma since few times but, each time im going in town  i got those error message with "greekmusic0" or "fijimusic0" (depending the island off course).

I saw someone with the same problem on this thread but the solution to just put the setting on 0 doesn't work, and i really mise the music from the houses ! Do you have any idea how can i fix it ?

Thank you.

• Like 2

Word of warning. 

If you're using the Brownbear addon by Walk3r (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2304572252), then a few moments when you spawn into a mission, a damn missile will spawn inside of you (and can explode) and kill you. 😂

Would avoid it until that's fixed lol.

https://imgur.com/a/fWYrl4U

• Haha 1

Hi gents. Sorry been off the tools for a few weeks. Got a free evening and have played around with a few things.

TPW SOAP: I think I've fixed the sporadic xxxmusic errors. To be honest I haven't seen one for ages, but I made a few changes in good faith anyway. Will release over the weekend hopefully.

TPW HUD: As mentioned, I haven't actually used this for years, but I turned it on and couldn't reproduce hieronymus' errors in SP. I think this requires a deeper dig than I've got time for at the moment.

Just to clear a few things up:

1 - Steam

I've given up policing TPW MODS on the Steam workshop. Thanks for the heads ups, and thanks to those who go in to bat for me there, but there's always gonna be some dickhead who thinks he's doing everyone a favour releasing it there against my express wishes, and there's always gonna be other dickheads leaving the kind of stupid comments (eg TPW MODS is abandonware?!?!?!? Look at the @#$%ing changelog) that keep me off there in the first place. If you came to this thread via Steam then good on you. Just don't expect my support for any versions you downloaded from Steam, since I can't vouch for them. Just take 5 bloody minutes to download from Armaholic or from my dropbox link and you'll be golden

2 - HPP files.

Please read the tpw_mods_readme.txt, I didn't type it because my fingers need the exercise.

You need to edit this file and this file only: \your arma install\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp

Any changes you make won't be applied until you restart A3.

Lastly, thanks for all the positive feedback which I really appreciate. I'm glad the old hands have stuck with TPW MODS, and I'm very happy that new people are discovering what it can offer those of us who can't/won't play MP. Rest assured TPW MODS is not abandonware even if I don't develop it at the pace you'd all like.

• Like 13