tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Its possible separate HUD part of this mod as standalone mod ?

Not trying to upset anyone, but would it possible to add a checkbox for either respirators, or surgical masks for civilians?

Right now I can use respirators from Contact, which I think is in the base game. But someone added a surgical mask mod as a standalone.

Is it possible to delay initialization? Trying to run alongside Hero's survive, ryan's zombies and demons, with lots of modules, and other, and I'm having frequent freezes and crashes at mission start.

Is it possible to delay initialization?

@barccy

...in your root ArmA/userconfig/TPW_MOD.hpp file you will see that in some entries you can set the delay in sec's, but not all.

example,

...tpw_air_delay = 10; // delay before flybys start (sec)

• Like 1

Hi, all. I'm not sure if this has been addressed or not, but I'm having a minor issue. Every once in a while, I get an in-game error message saying that greekmusic0 cannot be found. It doesn't affect the actual gameplay, but it's a bit disruptive. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Pending you have it installed correctly...

...try this:

Look for this line...

tpw_soap_region = 0; // Region specific sounds. 0 = autodetect, 1 = Greek, 2 = Mideast, 3 = Fijian, 4 = French, 5 = Russian, 6 = German, 100 = polyglot

...in your root ArmA/userconfig/TPW_MOD.hpp file and set it to "0".

12 hours ago, NeonPeanut said:

Hi, all. I'm not sure if this has been addressed or not, but I'm having a minor issue. Every once in a while, I get an in-game error message saying that greekmusic0 cannot be found. It doesn't affect the actual gameplay, but it's a bit disruptive. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

I get this error occasionally as well, no idea how to solve it.  I'm playing exclusively on Lythium for the past few months, so might be the map.

I do have auto-detect set but I'm going to try the Mideast  setting and see if that helps.  Like you said, not a big deal as it's a occasional occurrence, but better if no error pops.

5 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

Pending you have it installed correctly...

...try this:

Look for this line...

tpw_soap_region = 0; // Region specific sounds. 0 = autodetect, 1 = Greek, 2 = Mideast, 3 = Fijian, 4 = French, 5 = Russian, 6 = German, 100 = polyglot

...in your root ArmA/userconfig/TPW_MOD.hpp file and set it to "0".

I checked, and it's already set to 0. It's weird. Everything else works perfectly fine. No errors or glitches. It's just this one thing that happens sporadically. I checked the cpp file in the sounds pbo, and I don't even see a greekmusic0 within it.

8 minutes ago, badanov said:

We now have middle eastern wimmin.

What do you mean?

Hi everyone. Just to apologise for the lack of updates and communication, and assure you that I'm not dead. The last few months have affected everyone differently, in my case working at home (crunching scientific data via python) and trying to home school 2 kids full time I didn't leave me much enthusiasm for A3 coding. I did do a bit of sporadic terrain renovation just for fun though, so I haven't completely lost my touch. Luckily for us in Australia things didn't get as bad as in some places, so we are gradually getting a return to normality and with it my desire to jump on and address some of the things people have been reporting. I'll push out an update in the next week or so. 

PS I've fixed the SOAP bug...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

On 6/21/2020 at 6:24 AM, froggyluv said:

Cool but im not convinced those are women under those Hijabs..

mmmm...do you mean that some INCOGNITO CIA/SF dudes could use the Hijabs/burqa to disguise himself for a recon mission? Naaa..that will be outrageous😋

• Haha 1

TPW MODS 20200627: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7w3b1h0l0834un/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

• [CORE 1.79,FOG 1.82, SOAP 1.53] Fix for Makhno maps throwing SafePositionAnchor errors. Added Halso.
  • [ANIMALS 1.60] Added occasional flying bird noises
  • [FOG 1.82] Will ignore hidden trees for dewpoint calculations. Increased mist on N'Ziwasogo
  • [PUDDLE 1.04] Puddles aligned to ground surface correctly
  • [SOAP 1.53] Fixed occasional "Cannot play XXXX_music0" bug

Hi everyone. As promised here's a small update to get the ball rolling on TPW MODS development again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Great to see updates during the pandemic!

---------------------------
Arma 3
Include file userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp not found.
OK   
keep getting this and then arma 3 crashes.

You need to copy the TPW_MODS.hpp file in your ARMA 3\Userconfig\ folder similar to the below:

X:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Userconfig\tpw_mods\

Where X is the drive you have Steam and ARMA 3 installed on.

Then run it again and it should be fine.

You can also manually edit the tpw_mods.hpp file to change some of the default settings.

I'm having issues deactivating TPW_air. I did what I was supposed to do in userconfig using the python shell but it still shows that it is active in game. Its annoying having air ambience 

13 hours ago, shizzak said:

I'm having issues deactivating TPW_air. I did what I was supposed to do in userconfig using the python shell but it still shows that it is active in game. Its annoying having air ambience 

Arma3\userconfig\TPW_MODS

TPW_MODS.hpp

// AIR
tpw_air_active = 0; // 0 = inactive

Works for me doing it this way.

On 9/16/2020 at 10:24 AM, badanov said:

It appears the spawned vehicles do not let the player drive them.

Perhaps you dont own certain DLC?

@TPW great to still see this mod going strong.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 6:31 PM, mickeymen said:

Good Day TPW!

October 26, I informed you about the problem, but so far you have not corrected the error. Sometimes the treatment does not work in your mod!

Can't you find a mistake?

Or did you forget about this? 

New video here

Hi @TPW!

I informed you about a error inside BLEEDOUT MODULE over a year ago, after that I reminded again,  but error still that is not fixed. 

I would like to understand, have you forgotten about this trouble or you cannot solve it?

My BLEEDOUT MODULE settings here:

// BLEEDOUT
tpw_bleedout_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_bleedout_inc = 3; // unit damage will be increased by this % every 10 sec
tpw_bleedout_ithresh = 0.85; // damage beyond which a unit will writhe around incapacitated (1 = dead)
tpw_bleedout_heartbeat = 1; // Player heartbeat visible as slight screen shake (0 = no heartbeat shake)
tpw_bleedout_selfheal = 1; // AI units will automatically try to stop their own bleeding if equipped with First Aid Kits (0 = no self heal)
tpw_bleedout_affect = 1; // All injured units will have their speed and skill lowered according to the degree of injury (0 = units'  speed/skill unaffected by injury)
tpw_bleedout_geneva = 0; // Incapacitated units are set as non-combatants so that other AI will not fire on them (0 = incapacitated units can be fired upon by AI).
//><

This error can break any mission, if the required unit needed for the mission will get this issue!

Maybe you didn't understand the essence of the your problem - here's a detailed description of this problem:

if the player uses:

tpw_bleedout_active = 1;

and for example:

tpw_bleedout_ithresh = 0.7; 

or:

tpw_bleedout_ithresh = 0.8; 

or: 

tpw_bleedout_ithresh = 0.85 ;

those (any value < 1)

then the AI-unit that receives incapacitated status will get endless animation! 

He will writhe on the ground, endlessly. At the same time he will respond to inquiries like a normal healthy soldier.

A player who does not see such a "wounded subordinate" will not be able to understand what happened to him.

The player can order him - "Return to formation", "Attack", "Get in the vehicle", etc and will always receive "OK" in response.

But the player will never get for this AI to execute the order. In fact, it turns out that the game deceives the player.

A wounded man like that will never finish a wounded animation. 

It will be endless! You understand?

He cannot be helped by medic ir FaK!  At the same time, he will never die of blood loss! It looks pointless and even absurd. Please fix it finally. 

Expected solution to the problem:

Wounded has to get out of this damn animation or finally die!

1) If no help comes, then he will have to die of blood loss, according to your settings - tpw_bleedout_inc

2) If help comes, then he must recover - Any allied treating soldier should be able to help such a wounded soldier.