tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

15 hours ago, down8 said:

Hi. I'm trying to use tpw_houselights script in my mission with no luck. 

I put this in the init.sqf as explained in the instructions:

0 = [10] execvm "tpw_houselights.sqf";

An on the sidechat appears this as an error: "TPW HOUSELIGHTS incorrect/no config, exiting."

I checked the code and it seems the script needs two parameters, the second being the radius, so I run the script in init.sqf this way:

0 = [10,200] execvm "tpw_houselights.sqf";

The error doesn't appear, but doesn't work also. What I'm missing? I'm testing on Altis map.

Are you running tpw_core.sqf also? Houselights needs the building scanning functions of core in order to work.

11 hours ago, tpw said:

Are you running tpw_core.sqf also? Houselights needs the building scanning functions of core in order to work.

Ok thanks. I'm not sure how to run tpw_core.sqf to have lights functionality only. I follow the example  removing the "etc" but it doesn't work.

0 = [["C_MAN","C_MAN","CUP_C","CAF_AG","CAF_AG","C_MAN"],["str1","str2"],5,23] execvm "tpw_core.sqf"; 

I always run tpw mods from scripts as part of the development process. This is my setup to run just tpw houselights:

0 = [["c_man","c_man","rds","afghan","c_man","c_man"],[],5,22] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_core.sqf";

0 = [10,50] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_houselights.sqf";

tpw core does various things but unless you're running other scripts that rely on it you'll never notice them. 

• Like 2

I made a init.sqf in altis with just those 2 commands and didn't work. The mission is only a player spawned in a village. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

2 hours ago, down8 said:

I made a init.sqf in altis with just those 2 commands and didn't work. The mission is only a player spawned in a village. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

If you drop the two scripts into your mission folder and then run

0 = [["c_man","c_man","rds","afghan","c_man","c_man"],[],5,22] execvm "tpw_core.sqf"; 

0 = [10,50] execvm "tpw_houselights.sqf";

it should work. I say this because I just did exactly that. Remember it might take up to 30 seconds for the lights to come on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, xrayfg89 said:

What does the TPW batch file do?

Do you mean install.bat? Strangely enough, it will install TPW MODS. There is no other .bat file in the TPW_MODS.zip that I distribute. If you got yours from Steam (even though I expressly forbid its upload there), then it might contain other files that I can't vouch for and won't support you with. sorry.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, tpw said:

Do you mean install.bat? Strangely enough, it will install TPW MODS. There is no other .bat file in the TPW_MODS.zip that I distribute. If you got yours from Steam (even though I expressly forbid its upload there), then it might contain other files that I can't vouch for and won't support you with. sorry.

Got the mod from armaholic. When I install with batch, is there a way to uninstall it? Does the batch installer modify game files even without tpw loaded in launcher?

10 hours ago, xrayfg89 said:

Got the mod from armaholic. When I install with batch, is there a way to uninstall it? Does the batch installer modify game files even without tpw loaded in launcher?

TPW Mods doesn't modify game files.

To uninstall it, there is a folder in your main Arma folder which should be called @TPW Mods and also a userconfig folder which will contain a folder called TPW Mods. There should not be any TPW Mod folders elsewhere in the main Arma 3 folder.

Just delete the two folders @TPW Mods and the TPW Mods folder from userconfig and that will completely uninstall it.

• Like 1

I was just about to expand a little on what alky_lee said when I looked over on Steam for TPW. If I'm not mistaken I thought I had read in the past that TPW will NOT upload to Steam so I wonder if this one is legit.

So I was going to say that TPW could also be in the !Workshop folder (which of course is in the main Arma 3 directory), if you subscribed to it.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\TPW

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\TPW

Hello everyone. I need some help troubleshooting a problem with TPW Skirmish. I would like to have Tanks and APCs to randomly spawn, alongside MRAPs, LSVs, and the other wheeled vehicles. As far as I've looked int how to do this, I found that:

1) Spawning tanks and armored vehicles seems to be experimental, and was added later, I presume?

2) I've read that you can select custom classnames, of which I have a list, to be placed inside tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehiclestring[] = {}tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring[] = {} and tpw_skirmish_resistvehiclestring[] = {}

Everything I edited inside TPW_MODS.hpp seemed to have an effect, save for this. Whatever I put inside the { }, the game ignores it.

Say, that I want to spawn T-100 and Kamysh APCs only, as vehicles, for Opfor forces. Then:

tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring[] = {}

should become:

tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring[] = {"O_APC_Tracked_02_cannon_F","O_MBT_02_cannon_F"}

Writing this, saving the .hpp, playing the game with the editor, on the virtual reality map. No tanks and APCs, only standard Ifrits. What should I do?

I currently have an issue with the installation of TPW, I followed all the instructions to installing the mod, however it didn't work. I tried reinstalling multiple times and the Install.bat repeats the same error "Installation failed: EITHER ARMA III IS NOT INSTALLED, OR IT WAS NOT STARTED AT LEAST ONCE" despite that I both have ARMA installed and it was started hundreds of times. I also even went to the extreme and reinstalled ARMA itself and to no luck the Install.bat still does not work. Any help would be appreciated.

Is there any way to disable the screen/weapon shake (looks more like a glitch) after becoming fatigued. I already tried: tpw_bleedout_heartbeat = 0; // Player heartbeat visible as slight screen shake (0 = no heartbeat shake). That didn't seem to change it in game at all. It happens once I am fatigued and looks really quite un-realistic as it's this weird twitch of sorts.

On that note, how do I edit the fatigue effects in general? I don't see them in the TPW_MODS.hpp file...

Also, should this work with enhanced movement and C2 commands? As well as other SP scenarios? I can't seem to get it to work with enhanced movement (or enhanced movement rework) regardless of load order. Is there something I need to disable in TPW?

Is this mod meant to be played in SP? (That's mainly what I do). The single player campaign? Other scenarios?

Things like this: [SP/MP] DUWS: Overhauled v1.21

@gnosis89 I used TPW together with Enhanced Movement and also with C2 without problem. I did not have to disable anything in TPW, so the default settings should work.

If you have problems with C2 you might want to try the All-In-OneSingle-Player-Project by Leopard20.

TPW is well suited for any SP scenario or campaign including but not limited to the official ones. A community-made SP scenario that plays very well with TPW is Pilgrimage by Rudygier. 

• Like 2

On 3/19/2020 at 5:07 PM, [ITA]Kozak said:

Hello everyone. I need some help troubleshooting a problem with TPW Skirmish. I would like to have Tanks and APCs to randomly spawn, alongside MRAPs, LSVs, and the other wheeled vehicles. As far as I've looked int how to do this, I found that:

1) Spawning tanks and armored vehicles seems to be experimental, and was added later, I presume?

2) I've read that you can select custom classnames, of which I have a list, to be placed inside tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehiclestring[] = {}tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring[] = {} and tpw_skirmish_resistvehiclestring[] = {}

Everything I edited inside TPW_MODS.hpp seemed to have an effect, save for this. Whatever I put inside the { }, the game ignores it.

Say, that I want to spawn T-100 and Kamysh APCs only, as vehicles, for Opfor forces. Then:

tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring[] = {}

should become:

tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring[] = {"O_APC_Tracked_02_cannon_F","O_MBT_02_cannon_F"}

Writing this, saving the .hpp, playing the game with the editor, on the virtual reality map. No tanks and APCs, only standard Ifrits. What should I do?

Did you restart the game afterwards? Your script looks fine (assuming you have the semi colon at the very end) and the class names are good. You do need to restart the game for this userconfig to take effect.

To be honest it's one of the many reasons I prefer the script version, it saves a lot of hassle once you get the idea.

Hi TPW, I can only say thank you! 

This thread has answered every question I had about the script version from yourself and others. All running smooth, with a few tweaks here and there to tailor cars for location/timeline etc. 

I can't believe how versatile the scripts actually are. For example, running 3CB's British units in skirmish is so easy with the "UK3CB_BAF_*_MTP" type entries rather than entering individual units.

I did have to edit tpw_puddles.sqf file in my mission folder to get it working, I kept getting the "incorrect/no config, exiting" message for some reason and couldn't find any problem with the default [8,50,10,0.1,600,0.2,0] settings in my own init. Back to tpw_puddles.sqf, as soon as I changed the line "if (count _this < 7)" to "if (count _this < 6)" the puddles started to work. I couldn't understand because the number of variables do match ??? but I'm no programmer...

I'll leave this here in case anyone else had the same issue.

Thanks again TPW, this is the keystone of all of my missions!

16 hours ago, Alpha-Kilo said:

@gnosis89 I used TPW together with Enhanced Movement and also with C2 without problem. I did not have to disable anything in TPW, so the default settings should work.

If you have problems with C2 you might want to try the All-In-OneSingle-Player-Project by Leopard20.

TPW is well suited for any SP scenario or campaign including but not limited to the official ones. A community-made SP scenario that plays very well with TPW is Pilgrimage by Rudygier. 

Awesome, I'll likely give the C2 mod a go then. (have you tried it with the some kind of audio command?)

The All-In-OneSingle-Player-Project  I looked into, but does that include enhanced movement, c2 and TPW mods? or should I use those in tandem with it, if so would that be okay?

Also, I find it doubtful that this one would be compatible with TPW...right?

EDIT:

I've also found that TPW causes the AI to sort of bug out quite frequently. When briefing they go through all kind of positions and in combat they'll keep saying taking command over and over again when not dying because campaign doesn't allow that AI to do. Also noticed wierd AI behavior in some SP scenarios I used it with. Not certain what the cause of this is?

And finally how about the compatibility between TPW and Ace3?

On 3/28/2020 at 10:56 PM, gnosis89 said:

Awesome, I'll likely give the C2 mod a go then. (have you tried it with the some kind of audio command?)

The All-In-OneSingle-Player-Project  I looked into, but does that include enhanced movement, c2 and TPW mods? or should I use those in tandem with it, if so would that be okay?

Also, I find it doubtful that this one would be compatible with TPW...right?

EDIT:

I've also found that TPW causes the AI to sort of bug out quite frequently. When briefing they go through all kind of positions and in combat they'll keep saying taking command over and over again when not dying because campaign doesn't allow that AI to do. Also noticed wierd AI behavior in some SP scenarios I used it with. Not certain what the cause of this is?

And finally how about the compatibility between TPW and Ace3?

Just a heads up; I currently use C2, Alive, Ace, All-in-One, TWP and Lambs (danger, RPG, suppression and turrets) in my Lythium insurgency campaign and they all work well with each other, I'm having no issues or conflicts.  Sometimes AiO bugs out an AI or two with the moonwalk break AI likes to take, but just recreate and all good again.

I always shied away from ACE due to the pain in the butt medical system (being a solo player using AI squad of 10).  But with AiO mod running, the medic takes care of business when me and/or my team are injured...pretty cool!  So now I can enjoy all that ACE offers as well.

So you should be fine using all these mods together.

Good day!
DrDetroit

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, otarius-big said:

it work for multiplayer? 

For the easiest answer, read the disclaimer/licence from the OP. :icon_biggrin:

11 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Just a heads up; I currently use C2, Alive, Ace, All-in-One, TWP and Lambs (danger, RPG, suppression and turrets) in my Lythium insurgency campaign and they all work well with each other, I'm having no issues or conflicts.  Sometimes AiO bugs out an AI or two with the moonwalk break AI likes to take, but just recreate and all good again.

I always shied away from ACE due to the pain in the butt medical system (being a solo player using AI squad of 10).  But with AiO mod running, the medic takes care of business when me and/or my team are injured...pretty cool!  So now I can enjoy all that ACE offers as well.

So you should be fine using all these mods together.

Good day!
DrDetroit

Awesome, I was really considering using ACE for SP. I'm surprised that Ace and TPW (in particular) don't have issues together. Lot's of questions i have for you....

How about the main campaign, I can't imagine all those play well with that...?

Also, how do you deal with possible c2 and AiO incompatibilities? Do you never give orders from both menus, or do you just wait until one is entirely carried out? (You can't use both at same time I thought, order wise) 

What things do you like about ACE? And are you using the ACE medic system? How does that do with TPW and AiO?

What do you think of Alive? I thought that was just for creating scenarios....

Oh, another question. Using AiO do you see people carrying and dragging wounded teamates? I'm just using TPW, AiO, incon effects, enhanced movement and enhanced movement rework and I've NEVER seen them do it. The creater of AiO tells me they should do it automatically...

Do you use incon effects?

54 minutes ago, gnosis89 said:

Awesome, I was really considering using ACE for SP. I'm surprised that Ace and TPW (in particular) don't have issues together. Lot's of questions i have for you....

How about the main campaign, I can't imagine all those play well with that...?

Also, how do you deal with possible c2 and AiO incompatibilities? Do you never give orders from both menus, or do you just wait until one is entirely carried out? (You can't use both at same time I thought, order wise) 

What things do you like about ACE? And are you using the ACE medic system? How does that do with TPW and AiO?

What do you think of Alive? I thought that was just for creating scenarios....

Oh, another question. Using AiO do you see people carrying and dragging wounded teamates? I'm just using TPW, AiO, incon effects, enhanced movement and enhanced movement rework and I've NEVER seen them do it. The creater of AiO tells me they should do it automatically...

Do you use incon effects?

TPW Mod is so very necessary for ambient life on maps - just got to have it.  It also has a really nice overlay when wearing tactical glasses, which I just started using...very cool.  I disable the combat stuff, I just use TWP for ambiance.  

For me and my campaigns, Alive is an absolute must.  You create totally dynamic campaign, where you are just a cog in the wheels of war and everything is happening dynamically.  Even as a mission maker, I don't know what's going to happen until me and my buddies play it.  I typically create insurgency campaigns which run for months at a time (sometimes Insurgency and Opfor vs Blufor).  While in the field you'll see other units working on their own mission...gun fire in the distance as another AI unit runs into trouble, aircraft doing their thing, mechanized units.  Four Chinooks fly by, sling loaded with HMMV's, heading off to another AI's logistics request.  The maps are just alive with all kinds of activity - civilian activity too, so be careful.  You'll find yourself in a crossfire ambush and whole squad dead if not very careful.  Goes from 0 to 100 very quick with Alive.  Very cool stuff. 

I just started using ACE again, since my AI medic will heal me and my team using AiO.  ACE just gives you soooo much more control and option for missions.  With ACE, you need a detonator in your pack if you bring explosives that require one. You need a flashlight to look at your map at night.  You can move cargo, take cargo in your vehicle (like a spare tire or two).  You can drop a grenade through a window.  The medical system can be basic or so detailed it turns ARMA into a combat medic simulator.  The list is huge with ACE...check out their WIKI.

C2 makes commanding troops so so so much easier and less cumbersome, especially when dealing with your AI group as a whole.   Right out of Brothers in Arms series....I do not understand why BI wouldn't have implemented something like C2.  It's just way better than vanilla commands.  Basically click and go with C2.  Vanilla commands would be about 10 button pushes...if you don't mess up and have to start over. 

AiO and C2 work hand in hand and is like hot fudge on ice cream.  I use C2 to command my guys to move to positions and formations as a group.  I use AiO pretty much on a micro level, commanding each individual AI with AiO.

Anyhow, I could go on and on, but you should probably start a new thread.  This is for TPW related topics.   

EDIT:  Yes, I have seen medic drag some AI and he dragged me behind a building one time.  Not something that happens very often though.  He heals you and team mates (ai and real team) every time though; that is all I care about.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

TPW Mod is so very necessary for ambient life on maps - just got to have it.  It also has a really nice overlay when wearing tactical glasses, which I just started using...very cool.  I disable the combat stuff, I just use TWP for ambiance.  

For me and my campaigns, Alive is an absolute must.  You create totally dynamic campaign, where you are just a cog in the wheels of war and everything is happening dynamically.  Even as a mission maker, I don't know what's going to happen until me and my buddies play it.  I typically create insurgency campaigns which run for months at a time (sometimes Insurgency and Opfor vs Blufor).  While in the field you'll see other units working on their own mission...gun fire in the distance as another AI unit runs into trouble, aircraft doing their thing, mechanized units.  Four Chinooks fly by, sling loaded with HMMV's, heading off to another AI's logistics request.  The maps are just alive with all kinds of activity - civilian activity too, so be careful.  You'll find yourself in a crossfire ambush and whole squad dead if not very careful.  Goes from 0 to 100 very quick with Alive.  Very cool stuff. 

I just started using ACE again, since my AI medic will heal me and my team using AiO.  ACE just gives you soooo much more control and option for missions.  With ACE, you need a detonator in your pack if you bring explosives that require one. You need a flashlight to look at your map at night.  You can move cargo, take cargo in your vehicle (like a spare tire or two).  You can drop a grenade through a window.  The medical system can be basic or so detailed it turns ARMA into a combat medic simulator.  The list is huge with ACE...check out their WIKI.

C2 makes commanding troops so so so much easier and less cumbersome.   Right out of Brothers in Arms series....I do not understand why BI wouldn't have implemented something like C2.  It's just way better than vanilla commands.  Basically click and go with C2.  Vanilla commands would be about 10 button pushes...if you don't mess up and have to start over. 

AiO and C2 work hand in hand and is like hot fudge on ice cream.  I use C2 to command my guys to move to positions and formations as a group.  I use AiO pretty much on a micro level, commanding each individual AI with AiO.

Anyhow, I could go on and on, but you should probably start a new thread.  This is for TPW related topics.   

So do you mostly play MP then? I predominantly play SP and haven't taken to creating missions yet. If I don't create missions, ALIVE isn't really worth it though, is it?

Insurgency campaigns?

What TPW mods do you turn off then? Also, do you turn them off because ACE changes those things anyways? You don't use any AI mods do you? What about enhanced movement and incon effects? I suppose, what mods do you use as a whole?

Finally, with AiO do you notice that the AI will drag/carry wounded units? (I think ACE does that as well, so they may overlap there) Have you had to disable anything else in order to get all your mods to work together?

(Feel free to PM after this, I'm very curious about how you play with these etc...)

7 minutes ago, gnosis89 said:

So do you mostly play MP then? I predominantly play SP and haven't taken to creating missions yet. If I don't create missions, ALIVE isn't really worth it though, is it?

Insurgency campaigns?

What TPW mods do you turn off then? Also, do you turn them off because ACE changes those things anyways? You don't use any AI mods do you? What about enhanced movement and incon effects?

Finally, with AiO do you notice that the AI will drag/carry wounded units? (I think ACE does that as well, so they may overlap there) Have you had to disable anything else in order to get all your mods to work together?

(Feel free to PM after this, I'm very curious about how you play with these etc...)

I mostly play solo, and with buddies a few times a month.  90% of my time is SP, but I play most of my campaigns in MP as host, even though I play solo with a squad of 10 AI.  Alive just runs better that way and the persistence saves works in MP, not SP.  In MP you can save alive campaigns when done for the night, and everything is persistent when you log in the next day...postion, gear, time fo day, troops, campaign progress, ect is all the same as when you logged off the night before.

TPW I turn off the combat script, and keep the civilian stuff, animals, ambient cars ect.  

I disable a few things in ACE, but not much...mostly things for my own quality of play.

@TPW Is it somehow possible to use TPW_HUD to show where the gunner of a vehicle (i.e. gunship) is aiming at? ACE for ArmA2 had something similar and it was really helpful for "communicating" with the gunner AI in a singleplayer game.