tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

9 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

I've been hearing good thoughts about how the AI should react to a thrown grenade and this is my $0.02 worth.

A grenade is "usually" and I say that in general terms, thrown during a skirmish. During a skirmish there is usually many other noises with plenty of confusion. When a grenade is thrown, I wouldn't think that all enemy AI would be fully aware or even be able to hear it unless someone yelled, "GRENADE!!!", even then I can picture some AI, as in a real fight,  some who would not know where to turn, confused, temporarily deafened by gun fire.

...so imo, Some AI would bolt, while some would scurry randomly in circles.

Of course you're right. There's a happy medium between the current system where almost no AI react, and the extreme where every AI reacts instantaneously and in the same manner. I'll keep plugging away. 

2 hours ago, tpw said:

Of course you're right. There's a happy medium between the current system where almost no AI react, and the extreme where every AI reacts instantaneously and in the same manner. I'll keep plugging away. 

I'm curious to know if it would be possible (or even feasible?) to create a sort of AI vision cone? The human vision cone is about 120 degrees. So if a grenade lands 60 degrees to the left or right of center, could something be coded in such a way that the AI would be considered to have "seen" the grenade and react appropriately? Things like wall corners (if a grenade lands just around the corner of a building that the AI couldn't possibly see) and such would need to be considered if possible but IMO that would be better than the AI being able to see a grenade no matter where it lands within a 25m radius. It would also be nice to be able to tweak the distance out that the AI can "see" the grenade as I think 25m is perhaps just a bit too much. I would be more comfortable with the AI being able to see a grenade no matter where it lands if I could tweak the distance to 15m or so.

14 hours ago, tpw said:

Hey bud dont really play much anymore but last i did - really enjoyed the LOS site check for grenades and felt like it worked 'often enough' so that it still had a human effect to it -in which they didnt always know a grenade was nearby. Just for my own use also added a "Grenade!" shout and "!" icon if it was seen -kinda like Metal gear Solid 😄

What might be a nice middle ground would be to blend the two triggers - that of Line of Sight alongside distance but only use the distance or increase its effectivness depending on Skill level of detector. (im a big proponent of varying skill AI bonuses in case nobody noticed). Foe example if just a band of low level militia -they only get a LOS check. If trained troops, both and Elite troops almost 90% based purely on distance -or something to that effect

• Like 1

I've installed TPW and keep getting a series of error messages which I would imagine might be caused by other mods I have installed. I made a new configuration and started adding mods to try to track down the problem but hoping to speed things up I was wondering if someone could tell me what type of mod might cause this, presumably not Terrains for a start.

No idea Ayjay, I've used TPW for years, never really had much conflict and I've been known to run way too many mods at once.  I stick to vanilla with only a few mods these days, what are the error messages?

I would love it if someone with some knowledge could show me what to put after this: tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring[] = {.....???......}  to get skirmish to use other vehicles. 

A visual example of the string would be awesome.  I've tried {"I_Truck_02_transport_F","I_MRAP_03_hmg_F","I_APC_tracked_03_cannon_F"}  and various other combos but I still only see the standard vehicles spawn.  Is there another section of the hpp I need to address, add a line to or something?

Ooh that line in the hpp mentions "string" and not just classnames... this is where my lacking skills end, I don't know what that is.

TPW MODS 20190922: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7w3b1h0l0834un/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]
// ANIMALS
tpw_animal_crows = 1; // crows will build up around dead bodies. 0 = no crows
//><

• [CORE 1.76, FOG 1.78, SOAP 1.50] Added Khoramshahr.
  • [ANIMALS 1.56] Crows may be configured on or off.
  • [CORE 1.76] More injury animations added. Units will immediately stop playing injury animation if killed.
  • [DUCK 1.13] Improved AI reaction to nearby grenades by running away and diving to the ground - should improve grenade survivability (thanks Mickeymen). Player suppression deactivated in vehicles to prevent anomalous behaviour (thanks Mickeymen).
  • [FALL 1.70] Prone units will ragdoll instead of flinching. Hit (by bullets or the ground) units  will be temporarily "dazed" and less effective. Injured prone units will no longer soak up damage. 
  • [SKIRMISH 1.54] Adjusted speed of sound calculations so that camera shake is slightly delayed after hearing explosions.
  • [SOAP 1.50] Added train sounds to Ruha.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/19/2019 at 6:59 PM, Zakuaz said:

I would love it if someone with some knowledge could show me what to put after this: tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring[] = {.....???......}  to get skirmish to use other vehicles. 

A visual example of the string would be awesome.  I've tried {"I_Truck_02_transport_F","I_MRAP_03_hmg_F","I_APC_tracked_03_cannon_F"}  and various other combos but I still only see the standard vehicles spawn.  Is there another section of the hpp I need to address, add a line to or something?

Ooh that line in the hpp mentions "string" and not just classnames... this is where my lacking skills end, I don't know what that is.

You need to make sure that you have a 0 (for user specified) in tpw_skirmish_enemytype, then it will use whatever vehicles matching the strings you specify in tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring

By default tpw_skirmish_enemytype is set to use CSAT vehicles (4)

tpw_skirmish_enemytype[] = {4}; // OPFOR: 0 = user specified,1 = NATO, 2 = NATO PACIFIC, 3 = CTRG PACIFIC, 4 = CSAT, 5 = CSAT PACIFIC, 6 = AAF, 7 = FIA, 8 = SYNDIKAT, negative values will wear shemaghs. Multiple values may be selected eg {4,5} will spawn CSAT and CSAT PACIFIC OPFOR. Empty = CSAT default 

• Like 2

Can someone help me? I can't seem to stop IDAP vehicles and civs from spawning.. Same with vanilla cars. I basically just want the cup European civs and cars to spawn

All of those settings are in your Arma3/Userconfig/TPW settings. Youll have to scroll around but Civilian cars types can be set there

On 9/25/2019 at 1:13 AM, froggyluv said:

All of those settings are in your Arma3/Userconfig/TPW settings. Youll have to scroll around but Civilian cars types can be set there

I've tried adding "c_man" to the blacklist but it didn't seem to do anything.. I reckon I'm just being an idiot but I just can't seem to figure this out

It seems the blacklist may just apply to civilians. I think the "Cars" and "Park" sections of the userconfig have an "include" line where you can specify where it should pull cars from.

Yeah there's no way to exclude cars at present, I'll add it in.

@Morriski have a look at 

tpw_core_mapstrings[] = {"c_man","c_man","cup_c_c","cup_c_tk","c_man","c_man"}; // civilian classname strings for Mediterranean, Oceanian, European, Mideastern, African, Asian maps respectively 

If you always want cup euro civs regardless of the map:

tpw_core_mapstrings[] = {"cup_c_c","cup_c_c","cup_c_c","cup_c_c","cup_c_c","cup_c_c"};

11 hours ago, tpw said:

If you always want cup euro civs regardless of the map:

tpw_core_mapstrings[] = {"cup_c_c","cup_c_c","cup_c_c","cup_c_c","cup_c_c","cup_c_c"};

I tried this originally, but it seems on European style maps IDAP civs ignore this and spawn regardless

Hi, how do you use the mod with WW2 units?

Or with CUP units only?

I used this mod with vanilla units, to play WASTELAND missions on LAN (single player).

but I would like to learn how to extend the experience

TPW MODS 20190928: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7w3b1h0l0834un/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

• [ANIMALS 1.57, CORE 1.77, FOG 1.79, SOAP 1.51] Added Svartmarka.
  • [CORE 1.77, CARS 1.70, PARK 1.30] tpw_core_excludestrings[] will now correctly exclude vehicles and civilians. E.g. "IDAP" will exclude IDAP civilians and vehicles.

Thanks for the bug reports guys. I've now fixed things so that exclusion strings work properly. Apologies for the oversight.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, ariel777111 said:

Hi, how do you use the mod with WW2 units?

Or with CUP units only?

I used this mod with vanilla units, to play WASTELAND missions on LAN (single player).

but I would like to learn how to extend the experience

To do this you need to do two things:

1 - Have a look at the relevant parts of the HPP file:

tpw_skirmish_friendlytype[] = {1}; // BLUFOR: 0 = user specified,1 = NATO, 2 = NATO PACIFIC, 3 = CTRG PACIFIC, 4 = CSAT, 5 = CSAT PACIFIC, 6 = AAF, 7 = FIA, 8 = SYNDIKAT, negative values will wear shemaghs. Multiple values may be selected eg {0,1,7} will spawn user selected, NATO and FIA BLUFOR. Empty = NATO default 
tpw_skirmish_enemytype[] = {4}; // OPFOR: 0 = user specified,1 = NATO, 2 = NATO PACIFIC, 3 = CTRG PACIFIC, 4 = CSAT, 5 = CSAT PACIFIC, 6 = AAF, 7 = FIA, 8 = SYNDIKAT, negative values will wear shemaghs. Multiple values may be selected eg {4,5} will spawn CSAT and CSAT PACIFIC OPFOR. Empty = CSAT default 
tpw_skirmish_resisttype[] = {6}; // INDFOR: 0 = user specified,1 = NATO, 2 = NATO PACIFIC, 3 = CTRG PACIFIC, 4 = CSAT, 5 = CSAT PACIFIC, 6 = AAF, 7 = FIA, 8 = SYNDIKAT, negative values will wear shemaghs. Multiple values may be selected eg {-6,-7} will spawn FIA and AAF resistance, wearing Shemaghs. Empty = AAF default 

tpw_skirmish_friendlyunitstring[] = {}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select friendly units from config
tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehiclestring[] = {}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select friendly vehicles from config
tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring[] = {}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select enemy units from config
tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring[] = {}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select enemy vehicles from config
tpw_skirmish_resistunitstring[] = {}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select resistance units from config
tpw_skirmish_resistvehiclestring[] = {}; // Custom string (comma separated) to select resistance vehicles from config

You need to change the tpw_skirmish_XXXXtype[] = {0} so that they will use custom units

You need to change  tpw_skirmish_XXXXunitstring[] = {"STRING1","STRING2","ETC"} where the strings are present in the classnames of the units you want

You need to change  tpw_skirmish_XXXXvehiclestring[] = {"STRING1","STRING2",,"ETC"} where the strings are present in the classnames of the vehicles you want

2 - Find out the classnames of the units you want to add, and select the appropriate string that will best match them. You can easily do this in the editor.

e.g "CUP_B_US_SOLDIER" will select  CUP US Army units

"CUP_B_HMMWV" will select US Humvees.

Obviously I am not a mind reader and have no idea what WW2 forces you intend to use, but you should easily be able to do the same for them.

Error report: It might be a problem with my download, but we get error on "Sound: Error: File: TPW_SOUNDS\sounds\animal\chorus4.ogg not found !!!" and indeed this file is missing in the pbo. 

34 minutes ago, RL - AVE said:

Error report: It might be a problem with my download, but we get error on "Sound: Error: File: TPW_SOUNDS\sounds\animal\chorus4.ogg not found !!!" and indeed this file is missing in the pbo. 

Thanks mate, I’ll l look into that ASAP .

• Like 1

I'm so lost. I downloaded this mod to experiment with it. I went to remove it to play some zombie missions and such and kept getting an error that I was missing the UserConfig and then ARMA closed. I removed everything pertaining to the mod and the problem is still there. So today when getting home from work I completely uninstalled ARMA and deleted all files on my computer. After reinstalling everything fresh and having no files from this mod on my computer I'm still getting this UserConfig issue and can no longer play ARMA unless i go and re-download this mod. I have no idea what to do. I love this mod, but would like to play without it sometimes. I must have missed something because I can't find a solution or record of people having this issue anywhere. I hope you can help.

1 hour ago, AtomKrieg said:

I'm so lost. I downloaded this mod to experiment with it. I went to remove it to play some zombie missions and such and kept getting an error that I was missing the UserConfig and then ARMA closed. I removed everything pertaining to the mod and the problem is still there. So today when getting home from work I completely uninstalled ARMA and deleted all files on my computer. After reinstalling everything fresh and having no files from this mod on my computer I'm still getting this UserConfig issue and can no longer play ARMA unless i go and re-download this mod. I have no idea what to do. I love this mod, but would like to play without it sometimes. I must have missed something because I can't find a solution or record of people having this issue anywhere. I hope you can help.

So did you get TPW MODS working correctly in the first place? If it's correctly installed there will be the

your_arma3_folder\@TPW_MODS folder containing all the pbos, and

your_arma3_folder\userconfig\TPW_MODS folder containing the HPP configuration file

TPW MODS does not install any other files, so if you remove the above folders you've essentially removed all trace of it. 

26 minutes ago, tpw said:

So did you get TPW MODS working correctly in the first place? If it's correctly installed there will be the

your_arma3_folder\@TPW_MODS folder containing all the pbos, and

your_arma3_folder\userconfig\TPW_MODS folder containing the HPP configuration file

TPW MODS does not install any other files, so if you remove the above folders you've essentially removed all trace of it. 

It worked perfectly after installing. I love the mod, but when playing zombie mods it just spawns in the random civvies and messes with the scripts. After removing both files I get "Include file userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp not found" then ARMA closes itself.

If you don't want to use TPW while you are playing other scenarios, it's probably best to use the Arma Launcher found in the root of your Arma folder. There you can enable or disable mods as you see fit.

29 minutes ago, AtomKrieg said:

I did that, but when loading the scenario it still loads the scripts.

If you create and save a scenario using mods, and then try to load the scenario without mods it usually leads to various problems. The mods are saved as part of the mission.sqm and the scenario will try to load them. 

BTW, welcome to the forum :)

4 minutes ago, tpw said:

If you create and save a scenario using mods, and then try to load the scenario without mods it usually leads to various problems. The mods are saved as part of the mission.sqm and the scenario will try to load them. 

BTW, welcome to the forum 🙂

Thank you! 🙂 My problem isn't running the scenarios it's just that when deleting the mod I get that before mentioned error when launching ARMA and then the game closes. When I just disable the mod ARMA runs but the scripts still run when starting the scenario. Ambient animals and civvies still spawn and such. Zombies crouch and take cover. XD