tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Nice! ^^

I really appreciate this mate. I'll take it for a test drive right away!

Hi, @tpw seems like tpw_duck_nosquad = 1; doesn't work. Can anyone confirm? Also, can you reintroduce tpw_fall_player = 0; please? Both Fall and Duck drastically change the game for the better, but let me be honest it feels way better when they only affect the enemies 🙂 

1 hour ago, LT Flippy said:

Hi, @tpw seems like tpw_duck_nosquad = 1; doesn't work. Can anyone confirm? Also, can you reintroduce tpw_fall_player = 0; please? Both Fall and Duck drastically change the game for the better, but let me be honest it feels way better when they only affect the enemies 🙂 

Hi mate. You were right about TPW DUCK, I've fixed that. I'll look at reintroducing tpw_fall_player = 0 for you shortly. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

• Thanks 2

@tpw, the edited crows script works a treat, thanks again mate! 

• Like 1

Hey, not sure if you(the mod maker) are aware yet but I just tried playing around with the Contact expansion and noticed the game kept crashing. After a lot of frustration I noticed it was TPW causing this. Tried disabling the Contact expansion and still crashing, so I guess it's the latest update. Anyone else having this problem? Tried in custom scenario's and Virtual Arsenal and still crashing right after the little side-list of TPW mods says loaded/loading. Any update sometimes soon? Sorry to rush, just LOVE this mod and having to disable it hurts my soul slightly lol.

7 hours ago, tyrantkyng said:

Hey, not sure if you(the mod maker) are aware yet but I just tried playing around with the Contact expansion and noticed the game kept crashing. After a lot of frustration I noticed it was TPW causing this. Tried disabling the Contact expansion and still crashing, so I guess it's the latest update. Anyone else having this problem? Tried in custom scenario's and Virtual Arsenal and still crashing right after the little side-list of TPW mods says loaded/loading. Any update sometimes soon? Sorry to rush, just LOVE this mod and having to disable it hurts my soul slightly lol.

Thanks for the bug report, which I sadly can't replicate because it's all working for me :)

Can you please PM me your TPW_MODS.hpp so I can see what TPW MODS you have loaded and what their parameters are?

There will be an update before too long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tpw said:

Thanks for the bug report, which I sadly can't replicate because it's all working for me :)

Can you please PM me your TPW_MODS.hpp so I can see what TPW MODS you have loaded and what their parameters are?

There will be an update before too long.

Unlikely it's TPW Mod.  A developer from BI just said a few hours ago they will be issueing a hot fix, so, apparently, they are getting messages from all over about problems.

Part of the problem with the Livionia map used as a standalone mod is that it still has a number of sounds from the Contact DLC working it which may be causing crashes.  My game crashed Sunday, I think, because of this issue.

• Like 1

TPW - I haven't changed any settings. It's completely default. Does the mod crash with AI mods like TCL, Alive or VCom?

Okay, sorry to double post but I found the issue (I believe)...

After a lot of testing removing my mods until I found the definitive issue, it seems to be a conflict between NIArms All-In-One, the All in one CUP, ACE & RHS patches and TPW. Every other mod (I am using about 110) seems to work fine with TPW, but NI Arms does not want to play nice with this. Is there any chance of fixing this? I will test more tomorrow to see if its the core (all in one) mod or one of/all of the patch mods. BTW anybody else getting this issue using the four NIA mods with TPW?

I haven't had any issues with NI Arms (not the All-in-One, though) and TPW running.  I also have Contact downloaded.

Well... just tried removing the ACE, RHS, CUP patch mods and still did it, so it was the All-In-One. Sucks, as I LOVE those NIArms weapons too. Gator, are you using all of the NI weapons mods or just a few of the separated ones? Was thinking of trying the separate ones all together, see if that works.

TPW MODS 20190805: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7w3b1h0l0834un/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

• [ANIMALS 1.55] Wild boars with customised grunting sounds will spawn in forested areas, if using EO's ambient boar mod. Flapping wingbeat noises for nearby crows.
  • [CARS 1.69] Fixed bug when spawning mideast passenger clothing.
  • [CROWD 1.21] Fixed bug when spawning mideast clothing.
  • [CORE 1.74] Support for EO's Ravaged/Frithified civilians.
  • [CORE 1.74, FOG 1.76, SOAP 1.48] Support for Temppa's Cham terrain.
  • [DUCK 1.12] tpw_duck_nosquad should now properly exclude the players squad from suppression if set to 1.
  • [SKIRMISH 1.52] Proper 3D "Contact" craters at bombsites.
  • [SOAP 1.48] Lapping water noises near ponds and rivers.

Hi everyone. Not an enormous changelog but I have been quietly plugging away adding small new features and support for some of the other excellent mods. Big ups to EO for his awesome civilian clothing in the Ravage/Frithified civ mod, and also for his ambient boar mod, both of which are now supported if you have them loaded. And huge props to @Temppa who continues to stun me with the sheer volume, quality and high performance of his terrains. I've added support for the excellent Cham terrain, which brings some awesome Bavarian goodness using GM assets. And lastly, speaking of mods, I've never used NIArms, but I am sorry that it's causing a few issues for a few people.  I'll look into it.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Well... let me give an update. Removing NIArms All in one and the 3 patches fixes the crashing for a bit. It doesn't crash within 30 seconds of booting into the VA like I figured was the lone problem, but upon further testing I am still crashing repeatedly several minutes (maybe up to 10 mins) into the VA. I am, yet again, trying to start with the base mods (just RHS, CUP & ACE) then add 5-10 mods at a time to get back to my normal load order with TPW installed to see what mod(s) are doing it. I will update once I find out anything else. Then, assuming I find the cause, will re-add NIArms to ensure NI is also causing the issues and not just compounding them. I will also try the newly released TPW to see if that helps in any way. BTW: I am going through all this trouble solely because I love the TPW mod and consider it one of my 'can't play without' mods, not just doing it to be a pain lol.

16 hours ago, tyrantkyng said:

Well... just tried removing the ACE, RHS, CUP patch mods and still did it, so it was the All-In-One. Sucks, as I LOVE those NIArms weapons too. Gator, are you using all of the NI weapons mods or just a few of the separated ones? Was thinking of trying the separate ones all together, see if that works.

I don't load all of them, but do load a large majority of them.  Haven't had an issue.  I really don't think the issue is TPW, per se.  Have you tried changing load order?

Thanks for the update, tpw!

It is incompatibility between TPW and Zombies and Demons and TPW and NIArms(at least something in NIArms). TPW(the dev not the mod lol) helped me out to get TPW and Zombies and Demons working together (at least from my 5-10 mins of testing, which is about 2x longer than where it would crash normally, by removing the animspeed.pbo from @TPW_Mod/addons, so there is a temporary fix for anyone having the same issue. But, sadly NIArms still crashes, or at least NIArms All In One. I am going to try loading 5 NI Arms separated mods at a time to see if I can pin-point the issue weapons. If it does it with all/any of the separated mods then I will just assume it's a total incompatibility and see if it's yet another mod causing the issue, or if I find the specific mod/weapon set doing it I will report back here as another heads up for anybody with the issue. Can't thank TPW (by helping with the Z&D stuff in PM's) and you, Gator, enough for helping me out with this. Really love using all these mods and would have given up by now lol.

TPW crashed by me on startup. Said "TPW_MODS.hpp not found" but the file is there. then the game crashes and a "bad_module_info" message. pops up.

My god... finally got NIArms, Zombies & Demons working with TPW! Had to remove tpw_animspeed.pbo to get ZnD working, then tpw_puddle.pbo for NIArms All In One. Now the three seem to be working just fine together. Can anyone explain to me what all the puddle pbo adds? So I know what exactly I am missing by removing it? Hopefully nothing amazing lol.

NTGhost: did you put the userconfig/TPW folder into your arma 3/userconfig folder? Did you use the .bat installer?

TPW_PUDDLE.pbo just contains the custom puddle objects that spawn after rain. If you change:

tpw_puddle_ripple = 2; 

in your TPW_MODS.hpp it'll just use the Malden puddles, and you'll be none the wiser.

Think the HUD module is the best one on the market. Would it be possible to release it as a standalone mod or explain how to modify the addon to make it a HUD only mod?

Thank you

Hi, tpw.  Appreciate your work.

It would be great to see the option to define the spawned aircrafts manually. I'm working on WW2 theme and can't use you great air addon.

4 hours ago, MaxP said:

Hi, tpw.  Appreciate your work.

It would be great to see the option to define the spawned aircrafts manually. I'm working on WW2 theme and can't use you great air addon.

tpw helped me out with a similar question a while back, here is a modified version of tpw_air script that spawns Lennards IronFront reskins, just edit tpw_air_aircraft (line 35 if you use notepad++) to add classnames for aircraft you would like to spawn...

Spoiler

/*

TPW AIR - Spawn ambient flybys of helicopters and aircraft

Author: tpw

Date: 20160714

Version: 1.31

Requires: CBA A3

Compatibility: SP, MP client

Disclaimer: Feel free to use and modify this code, on the proviso that you post back changes and improvements so that everyone can benefit from them, and acknowledge the original author (tpw) in any derivative works.    

To use:

1 - Save this script into your mission directory as eg tpw_air.sqf

2 - Call it with 0 = [10,300,2,[50,250,500],0] execvm "tpw_air.sqf"; where 10 = delay until flybys start (s), 300 = maximum time between flybys (sec). 0 = disable, 2 = maximum aircraft at a given time,[50,250,500] flying heights to randomly select, 0 = all aircraft (1 = civilian aircraft excluded, 2 = military aircraft excluded)

THIS SCRIPT WON'T RUN ON DEDICATED SERVERS.

*/

if (isDedicated) exitWith {};

if (count _this < 5) exitwith {hint "TPW AIR incorrect/no config, exiting."};

if (_this select 1 == 0) exitwith {};

WaitUntil {!isNull FindDisplay 46};

// VARIABLES

tpw_air_version = "1.31"; // Version string

tpw_air_delay = _this select 0; // delay until flybys start

tpw_air_time = _this select 1; // maximum time between flybys

tpw_air_max = _this select 2; // maximum number of aircraft at a given time

tpw_air_heights = _this select 3; // flying heights to randomly select

tpw_air_civexclude = _this select 4; // 0 = all aircraft, 1 = civilian aircraft excluded, 2 = military aircraft excluded

tpw_air_active = true; // Global enable/disabled

tpw_air_speeds = ["NORMAL","FULL"]; // speeds for spawned aircraft

tpw_air_inflight = 0;

// LIST OF AIRCRAFT - Thanks to Larrow for the code

tpw_air_aircraft = ["LEN_FW190F8_2","LEN_FW190F8_3","LEN_FW190F8_4","LEN_FW190F8_DAK","LEN_FW190F8_DAK2","LEN_FW190F8_DAK3","LEN_FW190F8_WIN1","LEN_FW190F8_WIN2","LEN_Ju87_DAK","LEN_Ju87_DAK2","LEN_Ju87_DAK3","LEN_Ju87_WIN1","LEN_MKHL_FW190F8","LEN_MKHL_Ju87","LEN_ARR_Ju87","LEN_RBAF_Ju87","LEN_RAF_P39","LEN_RAAF_P39","LEN_ACI_P39","LEN_US_P39","LEN_US_P39_2","LEN_US_P39_3","LEN_US_P39_4","LEN_US_P39_5","LEN_RA_P39_2","LEN_RA_P39_3","LEN_RA_P39_WIN","LEN_Pe2_WIN1","LEN_Pe2_WIN2"];

// SELECT A COUPLE OF AIRCRAFT,  SPAWN EACH TO CACHE THEM AND REDUCE STUTTERING

_aircraft = [];

for "_i" from 1 to 4 do

{

_aircraft pushback (tpw_air_aircraft deleteat floor random count tpw_air_aircraft);

};

tpw_air_aircraft = _aircraft;

{_temp = _x createvehicle [0,0,0]; sleep 0.1; deletevehicle _temp} foreach tpw_air_aircraft;   

// AIRCRAFT SPAWN AND FLYBY

tpw_air_fnc_flyby =

{

private ["_pxoffset","_pyoffset","_dir","_dist","_startx","_endx","_starty","_endy","_startpos","_endpos","_heli","_height","_speed","_aircraft","_aircrafttype","_grp","_time","_pilot","_wp0"];

position (_this select 0) params ["_px","_py"];

// Timer - aircraft will be removed after 5 minutes if it is still hanging around

_time = time + 300;

// Offset so that aircraft doesn't necessarily fly straight over the top of whatever called this function

_pxoffset = random 1000;

_pyoffset = random 1000;

// Pick a random direction and distance to spawn

_dir = random 360;

_dist = 4000 + (random 4000);

// Pick random aircraft, height and speed

_aircrafttype = tpw_air_aircraft select (floor (random (count tpw_air_aircraft)));

_height = tpw_air_heights select (floor (random (count tpw_air_heights)));

_speed = tpw_air_speeds select (floor (random (count tpw_air_speeds)));

// Calculate start and end positions of flyby

_startx = _px + (_dist * sin _dir) + _pxoffset;

_endx = _px - (_dist * sin _dir) + _pxoffset;

_starty = _py + (_dist * cos _dir) + _pyoffset;

_endy = _py - (_dist * cos _dir) + _pyoffset;

_startpos = [_startx,_starty,_height];

_endpos = [_endx,_endy,_height];

// Create aircraft, make it ignore everyone

_grp = createGroup civilian;

_aircraft = [_startpos,0,_aircrafttype,_grp] call BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle;

_aircraft = _aircraft select 0;

_aircraft enablesimulation false;

_aircraft setvariable ["tpw_air",1];

_pilot = driver _aircraft;

_pilot setcaptive true;

_pilot setskill 0;

_pilot disableAI "TARGET";

_pilot disableAI "AUTOTARGET";

_grp setBehaviour "CARELESS";

_grp setCombatMode "BLUE";

_grp setSpeedMode _speed;  

_grp allowfleeing 0;

// Flyby

tpw_air_inflight = tpw_air_inflight + 1;

_aircraft enablesimulation true;

_aircraft domove _endpos;

_aircraft flyinheight _height;

waitUntil {sleep 5;(_aircraft distance _endpos < 1000 || !alive _aircraft || time > _time )};

deleteVehicle _aircraft;

{

deletevehicle _x;

} foreach units _grp;  

deleteGroup _grp;

tpw_air_inflight = tpw_air_inflight - 1;

publicvariable "tpw_air_inflight";

};

// RUN IT

sleep tpw_air_delay;

while {true} do

{

private ["_air","_counter"];

// Spawn new aircraft as necessary 

if (tpw_air_active && tpw_air_inflight < tpw_air_max) then

{

[player] spawn tpw_air_fnc_flyby;

sleep tpw_air_time / 2 + (random tpw_air_time/ 2);

};

sleep 33.33;   

};

Hope this helps. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 3

THIS SCRIPT WON'T RUN ON DEDICATED SERVERS.

Emm... Why? What should I do to replace the planes array on the dedicated server?

Hi
With the current version I have this constantly. Also lines 626, 654

XysoCWb.jpg

Hey guys, have you noticed that TPW mods (as well as Enhanced Movement mod) aren´t working on multiplayer anymore, or is it something on my end? Eversince Contact update (1.94) it seems some mods doesn´t activate on MP and others do (like MCC, NSS admin), I´m not on dev anymore since the DLC release, and my CBA is updated...

Cheers!